eraser function in word drawing mode

How do I edit a picture in word (eg: to erase part of the picture)?
Is there a eraser function?  if so how do I use it??
0
skho (6)

Hi,

Click on the picture and the Picture toolbar should appear. You can turn the
toolbar on manually using View > Toolbars > Picture.

On the bottom row of the toolbar you'll find selection tools. Use an
appropriate selection tool to select an area then use Edit > Cut to remove
the selected part.

-Jim

Quoting from "lawengin" <skho@iinet.net.au>, in article
659b9c2c-f361-4f64-be3c-1e1fb2be6ce3@e32g2000prn.googlegroups.com, on [DATE:

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
goldkey74 (611)
1/14/2008 5:46:23 AM
With all due respect for Jim's reply:-)...

Editing pictures in a word processing program is one of the best ways to
degrade the image. If possible use a graphics editing program to finalize
the image in terms of content, print dimensions, resolution & file type.
Then Insert the corrected copy of the image into your doc.

You'll also find those same tools & more in the Formatting Palette when you
have the picture selected if you do choose to edit the picture in Word:-)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/14/08 12:46 AM, in article
C3B0372F.19D64%goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com, "Jim Gordon MVP"
<goldkey74@WarmerThanWarmMail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Click on the picture and the Picture toolbar should appear. You can turn the
> toolbar on manually using View > Toolbars > Picture.
>
> On the bottom row of the toolbar you'll find selection tools. Use an
> appropriate selection tool to select an area then use Edit > Cut to remove
> the selected part.
>
> -Jim
>

> Quoting from "lawengin" <skho@iinet.net.au>, in article
> 659b9c2c-f361-4f64-be3c-1e1fb2be6ce3@e32g2000prn.googlegroups.com, on [DATE:
>
>> How do I edit a picture in word (eg: to erase part of the picture)?
>> Is there a eraser function?  if so how do I use it??

Thank you both for your response.

I have tried to corp function to remove part of the painting.
However, what I need is something like an actual eraser, so I can
"rub" out only a small part of the picture.

I heard that there is such a function in the "paint" mode of the
window version of office.  Is there something similar function in Mac
office?

Regards.

0
skho (6)
1/15/2008 6:08:42 AM
No.  Mac Office does not have a "Paint" program.  There are any number of
free paint programs that will do the trick on the Mac.  Have a look on
Version Tracker :-)

On 15/01/08 3:38 PM, in article
2690e61f-4f3c-4c88-9166-13386880e069@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
"lawengin" <skho@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Thank you both for your response.
>
> I have tried to corp function to remove part of the painting.
> However, what I need is something like an actual eraser, so I can
> "rub" out only a small part of the picture.
>
> I heard that there is such a function in the "paint" mode of the
> window version of office.  Is there something similar function in Mac
> office?
>
> Regards.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1073)
1/15/2008 11:39:25 AM
Don't know where you heard that or what "paint mode" is, but Word itself has
no such tool - Mac or PC. What your source may be referring to is that
*some* images can be right-clicked & opened in a picture editor (as can be
done in 2004), but I don't recall an eraser - nor can I find one in either
Word 2003 or 2004.

There is a Set Transparent Color tool which can be used effectively on some
images to remove peripheral fill on certain types of images. That tool is
available in both versions but it isn't an eraser. It simply makes all
pixels of the same color (determined by what color pixel you click)
transparent & is typically used to remove a solid background surrounding the
main subject of the picture so it can be set against a contrasting color of
your choice without knocking out a rectangular area. It can also degrade the
image if there are other pixels of that same color *within* the subject
content you're trying to retain.

Perhaps 2007 has something I haven't found yet, but even if it does I still
stand by my original reply - edit graphics in a program designed for the
purpose, not a word processor:-)

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/15/08 1:08 AM, in article
2690e61f-4f3c-4c88-9166-13386880e069@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
"lawengin" <skho@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Thank you both for your response.
>
> I have tried to corp function to remove part of the painting.
> However, what I need is something like an actual eraser, so I can
> "rub" out only a small part of the picture.
>
> I heard that there is such a function in the "paint" mode of the
> window version of office.  Is there something similar function in Mac
> office?
>
> Regards.

....Another thought occurred as to where the confusion may be - there is an
Eraser tool on the Tables & Borders toolbar in both Mac & PC Word. However,
it does absolutely nothing with regard to images. It merely removes Borders
from table cells in order to merge the adjoining cells.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/15/08 1:08 AM, in article
2690e61f-4f3c-4c88-9166-13386880e069@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
"lawengin" <skho@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Thank you both for your response.
>
> I have tried to corp function to remove part of the painting.
> However, what I need is something like an actual eraser, so I can
> "rub" out only a small part of the picture.
>
> I heard that there is such a function in the "paint" mode of the
> window version of office.  Is there something similar function in Mac
> office?
>
> Regards.

What's the function of the button named "Check Presentation" in Sm
Hi guys, Steps: 1 Open Powerpoint 2007 2 Click office button on top left corner 3 Click Powerpoint options 4 Click Proofing 5 Click AutoCorrect Options 6 Switch to Smart Tags tab Then you can see "Check Presentation" button Could you tell me what's the usage of this button? Here I fall across a case about it. When I install some new smart tags recognizers, I open a document and can find smart tags shown in my computer immediately. But in another person's computer, I cannot find smart tags immediately. I need to click the "Check Presentation" button...

Excel User Defined Function to Access Function
Hi All, this is my 1st time post....but have used this site many times for help on Access projects. I have a situation that I am converting from an Excel file to Access database. I use an user defined function to calculate weeks of supply. I need to covert the formula into Access and am not knowing where to start. The function in Excel is: Function WOS(inv, fdemand) 'Calculates True WOS with inventory and future ships as arguments. 'inv is a single cell representing the current week's ending inventory 'fdemand is the range of future demand listed in 1 row and ...

search for lowercase letter in two-letter 'word'
Hi There, If I find a second character lowercase letter in a word, I have to identify the cell Offset(-1,1). The words are like: Mc, Mv, Np and are all positioned in column C. Also there, we find words like MK,LP,ET. haven't found a solution yet, Regards If I understand your request properly : Find the ones you need like this If cells(nRow,nCol).value <> UCase(cells(nRow,nCol).value) then ' Your code in here endif This will find occurences of lower case characters in your cell values. -- If the post is helpful, please consider donating something to...

Count or DCount function
Hi all, I have an unbound textbox on my main form. I want to count related record in my subform. Which one to be used,Count or Dcount? And how to build it up,cause from my last attempt, it return me #Error. Please help. Thank's I'd create a textbox in the form footer of the subform what does the count. It's control source would be something like this: =Count([SomeFieldName]). Assuming you named the textbox txtSubCount, you can reference this field on the main form in an unbound text box like so: =[Forms]![Form1]![subControl1].Form![txtSubCount] The above assumes your mainfo...

Word crashes whenever I try to save
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel For the past six or nine months it has been fine. Well, it'd crash once in awhile (especially in toggling between body and footnotes), but NOW it crashes ALL THE TIME. It seems to crash when I try to save, but also sometimes when I try to open another document -- or it threatens to crash (you know... the pinwheel rears its ugly head). Yesterday it crashed at least 10 times, and today already at least 5. I tried moving the Autorecovery and Normal template onto the desktop (the MS help man suggested this) -- it didn...

Coping a word or pdf for the background in a report
I am trying to copy a word or pdf file for the background of a report and on several occasions it appears to shrink in size. How do I keep the document the same size it was when I copied it? -- Rose ...

Excel Prob.....What functions?
1) I am asked to find the smallest percentage fee increase needed to ge a surplus instead of a deficit (to 1 decimal place). 2) What is the smallest percentage increase in fees needed to tur deficit into surplus if you waive the discount and the maximum fee? (D not change the formulas) *Discount are given to children with siblings *All fees are to increase by the same percentage *The Maximum and Minimum Fees are to increase by the same percent. 'EXCEL FILE (http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=16FAWU7L7RE0L2JFU26V1482JV ) ~Please try to limit the functions within Solver, Goal Seeker an...

Frequency function
I was wondering if anyone could be of assistance with the frequency function in excel. I am trying to reduce data so that i can find out the number of times a particular results occurs. Every time i use the frequency function it either repeats the previous cell or returns the culumative frequency, can anyone help please? Hi! Countif or Sumproduct are less complicated! You need to provide some details. Biff "Pritesh" <Pritesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E04CA99D-F8BE-4BEF-9384-EF72B8930993@microsoft.com... >I was wondering if anyone could be of ...

I'm New to VB, I wish to Pass 2 strs to a VB Function
Greetings, I am new to VB, but have recently found scripting interesting. If possible, I would like to seek your indulgence... I found a really nice code snippet at http://kandkconsulting.tripod.com/VB/VBTips.htm The site states: "If you've ever written an application that stores passwords, you'll know the importance of encryption. There's no point in password protecting things if all a user has to do is open a file or database to get all of the stored passwords. It is possible, however, to write a very simple function that will both encrypt and decry...

What is non-MFC Open-File dialog box function?
Hi folks, I can't use MFC at the moment and I was curious, is there a pre-MFC function to produce an Open File dialog box? Thanks. GetOpenFileName(...); AliR. "Campy Happer" <campyhapper@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:fffbf1ce-26f9-4c5b-a894-a8f5b70eaec7@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi folks, > > I can't use MFC at the moment and I was curious, > is there a pre-MFC function to produce an Open File > dialog box? > > Thanks. "Campy Happer" <campyhapper@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:fffbf1ce-26f9-4c5b-a89...

Problems with AOL IMAP/Outlook/Word
I've written before, and was doing fine with my e-newsletter -- until the November issue. I tried to send it the normal way: save as .doc, copied and pasted it onto an Outlook HTML screen and send it through my AOL IMAP account. The following happened: 1. When I sent it to my AOL email account, it appeared as a .zip attachment. 2. When I sent it to AOL and to my Hotmail account, I received the following comment: Server response 554 "TRANSACTION FAILED." (Account imap.aol.com) SMTP server 'smtp.aol.com' Error number (0x800ccc6f) It seems that I can only send to AOL...

Question About Date Function
I know it's basic, but I can't find it in the manual. How can I create the current date in a cell so that it is the create date of the sheet, and is not updated every time I open the sheet with the current date? Thanks. CTRL-semicolon will insert the date (fixed at that point), Similarly, CTRL-SHIFT-semicolon (or CTRL-colon) will give you a time-stamp. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 11, 4:33=A0pm, "Abradaxis" <jsind...@career-objectives.com> wrote: > I know it's basic, but I can't find it in the manual. How can I create th= e > curre...

Crecordset::addnew functionality fails #2
This problem is about recordset functionality. Actually, When using RFX_Int, value 32484 is being treated as null and can't be entered. So converting RFX_Int into RFX_Long and type casting the variable to long can solve this problem. Look at the link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/170257/en-us But again, value 1246576928 is being treated as null in case of RFX_Long. And when tried to type cast the variable to double, it shows the fractional truncation error and numeric out of range error. So wouid anyone please let me know: 1)How to resolve the issue? 2) How value can be entered in data...

How do I scale an Excel file to fit into a Word Document?
I am trying to put financials into a business plan and need to scale the cash flows etc to fit. I'd probably be minded to paste it in as a picture and then resize it whilst holding down the SHIFT key to maintain the correct proportions, else it can start to look horrible. Also saves anyone being able to get to the data from within the Word Document if that is a possible issue. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It...

Does Word 2000 work under Windows 7?
I installed Office 2000 on my recently acquired Windows 7 Netbook and Excel and Powerpoint appear to be working properly, but Word 2000 either starts up without showing any toolbars and then stops responding or, if I open it by double-clicking on a doc file, it does show the toolbars but not the file content and then also stops responding. I ran an Office Repair and it said it was successful but the problem persists. Perhaps Word 2000 doesn't work under Windows 7? Herbert Eppel www.HETranslation.co.uk Hi Herb, Yes, Word 2000 does work under Windows 7. However, it's...

vlookup function #5
vlookup gives the result / value as soon as soon as it finds the first value. How can i have rest values in excel satisfying same conditions , 2nd , 3rd etc. -- Sanjay Jain Gurgaon Haryana India Hi try the following kin of array function: =INDEX($B$1:$B$100,SMALL(IF($A$1:$A$100=lookup_value,ROW ($A$1:$A$100)),ROW(1:1))) and copy down as far as needed >-----Original Message----- >vlookup gives the result / value as soon as soon as it finds the first value. >How can i have rest values in excel satisfying same conditions , 2nd , 3rd >etc. >-- >Sanjay Jain >Gurgaon ...

File erasing
Hello fellow Newsgroupies, How can I completely erase a file from the hard disk not just 'delete' it? Many thanks, 'Newsgroupie' I'm not an expert on this but I believe the basic approach is overwrite it and then delete it. In fact, it is sometimes possible to detect what a byte value on a hard drive was before being overwritten by another value. So to really eliminate all traces of a file, you would probably want to write alternating bit patterns to a file several times before deleting it. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com &...

Dock functionality in MFC
any way i can have the Dock functionality on pure mfc dialog? in other word i want the controls resize when the user resizes the dialog! I think i have to map WM_SIZE message but my calculation are incorrect and the cotrol gets bigger than the dialog and some part of falls out of it!? please send me some sample code "Dock functionality" refers to being able to attach a window to the main program frame. This is really a separate issue from resizing controls when the parent dialog box resizes. Resizing the controls can get complicated if you need your fonts to resize as well....

does RMS have a loyalty function?
Q1 If I purchase $100 and I get 100 point by purchacing amount and when I have 1000 point. I can get discount by my point does it have? Q2 Can I bring custmers information by SWIPING a card is it possible? Retail Realm has a gft Loyalty module. Contact me. Afshin Alikhani - ( afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ) CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = "nick" <nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0E50E2F-7380-4364-946D-CC69456A9BC9@microsoft.com... > Q1 > > If I purchase $100 and I get 100 point by purchacing amount > > and when I have 1000 point. ...

Trendline erases chart name
When I add a trendline, the chart name gets changed to "Chart Title." The name can be seen in the Chart Objects drop box, if I scroll down enough. When I add the tendline, I'm leaving the Chart Title box marked as automatic, but it still replaces the name to Chart Title. (The name on my charts just comes from the data field that is above numerical data when I create the chart.) I have a lot of charts to go through, >100, so any help in retaining the name without having to retype it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I cannot think how this can happen. Email me the fi...

numpage field
I need to have the number of pages (minus 2) within a document. I've discovered how to have it show as a word with an initial capital, which is what I want, but I don't know how to deduct 2 from the total number of pages. Is it possible to do that and, if so, please tell me how? Many thanks. You'll need the following field construct: { = { NUMPAGES } - 1 } Since you have already inserted the NUMPAGES field, you could type in the equal sign and - 1, select the whole construct and press Ctrl+F9 to add the outer field delimiters, { }. Alternatively, just type...

EXACT function
I'm currently using the EXACT function to compare two groups of text. Is there a macro I can write or function I can use where Excel can tell me, no it's not an exact match and highlight or format where the text starts to not match. So it matches up until it gets to the 255th character, and maybe bolds in red at the start of non-exact-match. Please note I'm using Exact b/c the spacing, text, everything within the cell must exactly match. You cannot format only a part of a cell's contents. Formatting is all or nothing. You can format the entire cell's...

GDI32 functions
I know this is not strictly a VB6 question but it does relate to a lot of graphic questions that have been asked and answered here lately so it is sort of partly on topic ;-) Does anybody know if GDI32 hardware acceleration is back in Windows 7 or if it is still disabled as is the case on virtually all Vista installations? Mike Mr. Williams: Per here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Device_Interface says it is. David "Mike Williams" <Mike@WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote in message news:OgsRfZzyKHA.5132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I know t...

Cannot Open Attachments (MS Word)
Using Outlook 2000, when I get an email with a MS Word attachment, I double-click on it but it will not open. Basically, nothing happens. I have to save the file to my disk and then open it. I don't have this same problem with Excel. Any idea why? I do get a message when I open a Word document saying "Performing Virus Scan." I have Norton Antivirus running. Could this be interacting with Outlook to prevent the file from opening within the Outlook environment? Easy enough to find out, disable Norton's scanning and try again; if it works correctly, you've discovere...

Outlook functions redirecting to spam web site
I open Outlook 2002 to my Outlook Today screen, with no problems. However, when I click on any of the icons to the left (e.g. inbox, tasks, calendar, contacts), it redirects to a spam web site (http://www.popnav.com/search.php?s=outlook:Inbox) instead of going to the proper function. I found that if I right- click on the icon, and open in a new window, it works properly. Is there a way I can get rid of this redirection to the web site? I've looked all throughout options and ran ad- aware, to no avail, and I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I can provide my...