Entourage Reply Window

When replying to an email, is there a way to configure Entourage so
that the message window closes after you hit reply?

0
expoevent (1)

expoevent@hotmail.com wrote:
> When replying to an email, is there a way to configure Entourage so
> that the message window closes after you hit reply?

Not really. But if you view your messages using the preview pane rather
than opening the message in its own window then you won't have the
message window to close.

Hope this helps! bill
--
William M. Smith
(Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows)

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Windows Journal will not send on Windows 7 64-bit operating system
I had this problem with Vista 64 bit. I hoped Microsoft would fixed this but on my new Windows 7 64 bit computer, I have the same problem. When I choose File;Send to Mail Recipient; and choose any of the 3 possibilities file types (.jnt, .mht, .tif), a Microsoft Office Outlook window pops up and states "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Ouffice Outlook and set it as the default mail client" It is the mail default mail client on my system and was added after I bought the comput...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

Windows Live Mail Message Rules
I have two installations of Windows 7 one 32 bit Home Premium and one 64 bit Ultimate. I want to copy the message rules from the 32 bit installation to the 64 bit installation. They are on different drives. I have already gotten the messages, folders and contacts which seemed simple emough but I can't find the message rules. Where are they and how do I copy them from my 32 bit installation to my 64 bit installation? Rules are stored in the Registry.... HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Rules If you are not adverse to working with the registry, you can e...

Windows 7 versions puzzle
At this time I am running both Windows Vista Home Premium (32 bit) and the Release Candidate Build 7100 (32 bit) of Windows 7 in dual boot mode. My machine is always a work in progress: sometimes with a new drive, or even a new MB. If I buy the Windows 7 (64 bit) ANYTIME UPGRADE, will it work for me? I need to re-install my Operating System on various occasions whenever I make a major overhaul of my system, but at NO TIME do I install the Operating system on MORE THAN ONE COMPUTER. I just need to re-install it when I make a major change, using the same legal access key. What do...

Close Print Checks window when Post Checks window is active (UPR)
With version 10.0 in Payroll, the Print Checks window stays active when the Post Checks window is open. Users can mistakingly print checks again when the only option to reprint, void, etc. should be from the Post Checks window. There is no reason for it to remain active. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

"reply" and "reply all" with attachement
hello please tell me how i can set up outlook XP (2002) to obtain the following thing when i have an e-mail with attach and hit the "reply" or reply all" - the text of the original e-mail is shown in the message but the attachement is not when I forward the e-mail - everything is OK thanks bma19 wrote: > hello > please tell me how i can set up outlook XP (2002) to obtain the > following thing > when i have an e-mail with attach and hit the "reply" or reply all" - > the text of the original e-mail is shown in the message but the > attachem...

Windows in taskbar
I would like all open Excel files to show on my task bar. When I change this setting in Tools/options, it does not save - I have to change it each time I go into Excel. Is there a place to save this so it applies to all Excel files? Thanks! I believe it should be enough to change it and it will default to that. You can also change the registry HOKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Excel\Options and change ShowWindowsInTaskbar value from 0 to 1 If you are not computer savvy you might be better off avoiding changing the registry -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Erica&qu...

centering windows in multi-screen
Hi, I discovered a bug (I think) when two monitors are connected to the same VGA card under windowsXP: In this case, whenever a dialog appears, it is ALWAYS centered, no matter what attributes it has. It happen not only in my MFC application but also in all other applications (like Word or VS.NET). When the same VGA card is used but only one screen is connected- everything is OK!!! Do you know of this problem? Do you know a workaround? Need help, Ram. Hi Ram, Thanks for your post. I borrowed a graphic card ATI Radeon 9500 which supports dual monitor and checked it on my Windows XP Pro sys...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

Not possible to send messages with Windows Mail.
Tried to follow the advice from Bruce Hagen to change the SMTP port number to 465 instead of the default value 25. It did not work. I still get the same error message: " Ämne 'test', Konto: 'mailin.comhem.se', Server: 'mailout.comhem.se', Protokoll: SMTP, Serversvar: '550 Local sender address requires authentication', Port: 25, Secure (SSL): Nej, Serverfel: 550, Felnummer: 0x800CCC79" I have three different mailboxes. Window Mail is capable to retrieve the messages from my mailboxes bur when I try to send a message with Windows ...

Make Find Items window (and all windows) resizable.
The Find Items feature (accessible in Store Operations POS via F2) window only allows viewing of a few lines in the search results. Please make it resizable to allow display of more results. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busi...

How to reply quoting original subject and body?
Does anyone have a procedure on how to setup an auto-reply in Exchange 2003 which quotes the orginal subject and body in the reply message? Thanks in advance. Jonathan Lecht ...

Windows cannot bind to XXXXXXXXXXXX.local domain. (Local Error). G
Hi all, I am new here so i hope i have the correct forum. I have a windows 2003 sbs server, It was delivered from Dell with only 1 network adapter, I have added a second 1 gig, and tried to make the gig nic the main internal adapter. I did this by chaning the ip's around. I have a hugh number of errors, i cleared the arp cache and re-ran the internet configeration wizard. After needing to restore service to users i reconfigured back to original settings, re cleared the arp and re-ran the internet config wizard, most of the errors went apart from three. I think they are ...

Entourage, Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. > I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-05-20 22:06:01 +0700 Application Name: Excel Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Ex...

Hide Main Window
Hi I have a SDI application. I want to hide the main window when it starts, and show it later, after reading some data I call m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) in InitInstance and later I display back again. The only problem is that you can see the main window for a very short time, before my SW_HIDE is called. Any idea what else need to be set Thank you Daniel i believe the correct way to do this is to override precreatewindow and remove the ws_visible attribute from the createstruct style settings. you might also be able to do this at the start of oncreate. "daniel" <anony...

Windows XP SP2 and MFC
My MFC application has started causing "Access Violations" (in Debug mode)after installing Windows XP SP2. The exact same application was running fine before installing the update. I traced the violation to the following lines in CMyApp::InitInstance() (lines generated by AppWizard). // create main MDI Frame window if (!pMainFrame->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME)) return FALSE; The call to CMainFrame::LoadFrame(...), in turn, calls CFrameWnd::LoadFrame(...), which fails. I don't understand what's going on. I understand that this is a very open ended question, but any help ...

Problems with Windows 7 and email send stalling
When I send from my two computers running Windows 7 - one 32 bit one 64, If I have a very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a screen shot) the outgoing email message will stall. My old desktop computer running XP does not have this problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance Richard On 6/7/2010 2:50 PM, Richard John wrote: > very large text message or an attachment of any size (even a screen > shot) the outgoing email message will stall It sounds like something's timing out. Do you have Thunderbird installed? If so you might give this a try: http...

Linking Extender window fields to SmartList
If you have the fields in an Extender window already linked to an existing GP SmartList (like the Customers SmartList), will it let you link the fields from another Extender window to that same SmartList? Or is it only limited to one window? On my second Extender window, I have the SmartList link created but the fields do not show up. I'm running GP 9. Thanks. -Joe Joe, I have 2 Extender windows linked to the Customer Maintenance window and see both in the list of available columns on my Customers SmartList. This is in GP 9.0 SP 3. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use ...

Location of Entourage Actions for autometer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Where are they? How to install the library? <br> Thanks > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342962954_809482 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 12/6/09 2:18 PM, in article 59bae4db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote: > Where are they? How to...

Entourage Database vs Exchange Store, who wins?

Windows Live Mail
I have set up 3 email accounts under Windows Live Mail. There is no problem with the earthlink or yahoo accounts. However, verizon is my primary - and the mail program insists that my id and/or password are invalid. They are not. I've deleted the account and added it anew, to no avail. What do I have to do to get this id to work so I can check all my email in one place and not have to go to the internet just to check the mail? -- SVR Verizon's online email setup info is a bit of a mess because they have four different email systems. You will have to pick out the=20 one t...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: Entourage and Time Machine
Time Machine is a breakthrough automatic backup feature that�s built right into Mac OS X Leopard, but for Entourage users it's recommended that you exclude your Identity from Time Machine. There is an alternative for Entourage users using a Folder Action and Automator. The nice thing about this method is it can be used by those still running Tiger and it's free. Entourage and Time Machine (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/entourage_and_time_machine.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <ht...

REPLY AS who email was TO.
"User A" recieves "User B". That is emails sent to "User B" are being forwarded to "User A". "User A" also has permissions to "Send on behalf" of "User B". When "User A" replys to an email that was addressed to "User B", it appears to come from "User A" unless he manually selects the reply to be from "UserB". How can I make ANY replys to "User B"'s emails appear to come from "User B" WITHOUT User A having to manually change the default? (Ofcoarse, when &...