On 5/20/09 8:09 AM, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
> Crashed Module Name: MicrosoftComponentPlugin
This is the file that shows the correct update. I'm guessing your workaround
to get updated failed.
Follow these steps to reinstall:
* Launch the Microsoft Autoupdater (MAU).To launch MAU, you can open any
Office application and select "Check for Updates" under Help in the Menu
bar. Once MAU is launched, select "Keep in Dock"
* Quit all Microsoft applications (Easy way: log out, hold Shift key down
when logging in to disable any startup items.) Be sure all applications are
quit before running updater. IMPORTANT
* Drag the Microsoft Office 2008 folder to the Trash.
* Empty Trash.
* Reinstall Office 2008 from your original installation disk.
* Select MAU, Update to 12.1.0 (if you have a newer DVD you might only need
* Restart (restarting before you launch any app is important!)
* Update to 12.1.7
Check this file after updating to 12.1.0 to be sure it is version 2.2.0.