Entourage 2008 import problem

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)

Last night, I downloaded Office 2008, and have subsequently been unable to import my e-mail and contacts that were previously contained in Entourage 2004. In addition, I have "lost" everything on my desktop.

I am currently unable to get past the fist screen on "create an office identity" in the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant program.

I haven't even been able to uninstall Office 2008, because I receive error message 1407.

Help!

On 8/19/09 6:07 PM, in article 59b7a9b9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Ranger4401@officeformac.com" <Ranger4401@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
>
> Last night, I downloaded Office 2008, and have subsequently been unable to
> import my e-mail and contacts that were previously contained in Entourage
> 2004. In addition, I have "lost" everything on my desktop.
>
> I am currently unable to get past the fist screen on "create an office
> identity" in the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant program.
>
> I haven't even been able to uninstall Office 2008, because I receive error
> message 1407.

Where did you download Office? What version did you download? Did you
restart after installing?

When you open Entourage it opens in a new blank Identity with the Entourage
Welcome message. It should ask if you want to import from an older version.
If Office 2004 is located in the Microsoft User Data folder --> Office 2004
Identities folder, Entourage should find it and import your data.

 -1407, /* Expected a folder, got a file */

When you purchased, you should have received info on how to get support.
Call them for help.

--
Diane

Import Contacts from Outlook into CRM as Accounts
I have a customer with about 800 Contacts within Outlook and I need to import them into CRM as accounts. How can this be done easily? Is there an easy way to do this, or another way to go about getting this done? Mike, I will try and answer this. First, you should understand that Outllook stores all of its data (Contacts, Mail Messages, Tasks, etc.) in a PST file (usually contact.pst) and this file is usually in your profile folder (C:\Documents and Settings\kevin\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook). Note: There should or may be other PST files there as well (maybe ba...

quotation marks after import
I imported my contacts from outlook 2003 into entourage. After import, the data under each field name has "quotation marks" . Is there something I missed in the mapping, etc.? You didn't do anything wrong. This is an unfortunate annoying side-effect of directly transferring information from Outlook into Entourage. Paul Berkowitz's "Export-Import Entourage" script set will transfer data between Outlook & Entourage, taking care of these issues. <http://www.scriptbuilders.net/> On 12/27/05 6:02 PM, in article 1135728164.100437.84780@g43g2000cwa.googlegro...

CRM to CRM data import
I am trying to figure out if its possible to import data into a MS CRM system from an existing MS CRM. We wanted to change the main Organization Unit but found out that its not possible, now we are trying to get another instance up and import data from old instance. Any comments/help? Thanks Unfortunately, you need to use the CRM Data Migration Framework. Mike "Farooq" <farooq@managepoint.com> wrote in message news:%23egr8Dl%23DHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I am trying to figure out if its possible to import data into a MS CRM > system from an existing MS CRM. ...

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Problem in adding new menu item to existing menu in GP #2
I want to add new form in Tools->Setup->Sales->new form. I had created procedure in which i am using AddCommandToMenu function to add menu. Status = AddCommandToMenu(DYNAMICS, resourceid(form Command_Sales), resourceid(command CL_Sales_Setup of form Command_Sales), Seq, CMD_BUILTINCMD_DICTID, resourceid(form Command_IOP), resourceid(command Cmd_IOP of form Command_IOP), true, MENULOAD_TOTABLE); I create new cnk file for this. I open GP it include my code and when i open Tools->Setup->Sales-> then it will show me a separator only. Is it right way to add new menu item under...

SSRS 2008
I m using SSRS 2008. I Have an Boolean Type Parameter While View Taht Report it Shows Two Values True or False as Radio Button.Is Their is Any Way that I Can Change Text of these True False Radio Button as Yes,No Or Any Other Text.I Tried it But I Got result in Form of DropDown.I Just Want to Change Text For These True Fale Radio Buttons ...

SFO off-line problem after Redeployment
We have redeployed our CRM installation to a new server (CRM and SQL on the same server) in the same domain as before. The redeployment seems to have work allright, and everything looks as before except for the Outlook client. When we try to go off-line, we recieve "Metadata Cache Error". We have uninstalled the client and reinstalled it after redeployment. We have tried to follow the advice in other treads in this forum without any luck. In the SQL-server we get the following error details: The schema script '\\MANCRM01 \MSCRMSnapshotShare\unc\MANCRM01_Mandator_Sverige_A...

Importing DayTimer calendar / contact entries into Outlook
I am trying to switch to OUtlook - but have lots of contacts and other info inmy E-DayTimer 2000. Cannot find a way of importing that data into Outlook ( and/or Outlook express) Help !! > I did that and I'm not a very technical user. I have > Daytimer version 1 from 1997 and Outlook 2002. > > I followed the instructions in the articles from Daytimer and Microsoft > (links below) and it worked!!!! > > I still have lots of tweaking to do as the data was transferred, but > some of the formatting is different and many of the phone numbers are > designated ...

Import External Data is missing some data
I have a spreadsheet that pulls data from another spreadsheet. Most of the data come in fine. However, one collumn is being difficult. The collumn in question contains dates and comes over blank. If I put alpha data in the source spreadsheet, though, that WILL import. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any assistance! ...

Header Sort Button Problem
Hi, I have a problem with a header control in WIN2000/9X When I put an image list to the header, it don't work well. Why only in WINXP/SERVER2003 it works? I use InsertColumn function with LVCOLUMN with IMAGE and FMT flag. Does anyone know this problem? MFC 7.0 VS2003. What I have to do? Thanx ...

QSC Import
I have found the tool and installed it. I have Excel 2007 (and beginning to think this is the problem). I have attempted to use the QSCimport tool for inventory only and I connect to the DB and map the fields. I tried to map just the fields I had data in and it didn't work. I then mapped all 52 fields in Inventory. That still didn't work. QSC attached to the DB and the import kicks off and completes but it does not enter any records. I have thought that maybe it didn't have a reference to some fields like suppliers or item type and made them all Zero. That didn't...

Problem with GetCurrentDirectory API
Hi, I am using the GetCurrentDirectory API in my MFC VC++ Application, when I run the Application on my Development machine (which has Win XP Pro) the path returned by the API is the complete path of the application directory like C:\TP6000 Plus But when I run the application on my client machine (also has Win XP Pro) the path of the application directory returned is like C:\TP6000~1 In my application I combine the path of the application directory with another filename and use the combined string in another Win API (GetPrivateProfileString) and due the differences in the path of the appli...

HQ report drill down problem
In the Item Movement History Report, I will drill down (the magnifying glass) into either PO's or transactions and a lot of the time it will not go to the correct original transaction. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Is there a fix? It seems that other reports have this problem at times. Can PO's be looked at from HQ in any other manner than drilling down? Thanks for any ideas you're willing to share. "Skip_Cycle" <SkipCycle@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:0684F7F6-F29C-4C8C-9CC6-D32C2D8322DB@microsoft.com... > In th...

OWA with forms authentication problem
Hi I am running Exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2000 sp4 and have been quite happily using OWA without any problems. Then to make life easier for my community I enable Forms authentication. Which I have done previously in the same manner on identical built servers in my forest without any problems! But now on this server when I attempt to access OWA I get a I.E http 500 Error and these entries within the System Log 1. Type: ERROR Source: DCOM ID: 10004 Description: DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to logon .\IWAM_"MY SER...

Test Format Problem When Pasting
Is there a preference or setting that will cause copied text pasted into publisher to match the existing format in Publisher? The format of the text is matching that of the application that it is copied pasted from and I want it to match the format in Publisher. Paste special into Publisher as unformatted text. You will not be able to match Publisher's formatting, but it will be easier to edit this way. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Will F." <Will F.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

Site ndr problem
Hello, I am running a mixed environment of Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5. I have one of my Exchange servers is working just fine the other can receive but it can't deliver internally. The failing machine is a Exchange 2003 the messages are just building up in the queue. I got back some exchange error #4.4.7 which are ndr's but I have to have something configured wrong. No messages anywhere, absolutely no help from the Exchange system that I can find. Thoughts on where I could start to look to start to trouble shoot. This server has just been added on line so no accounts on it ot...

Import Data from Access
I am running Power Point 2007 SP 2 MSO on a Windows XP Professional service pack 3. I am attemping to link data in a Access 2007 database (query) into a chart in Power Point. I can cut and paste the data into the chart but it only sees a few lines in the graphic display of the chart. When I insert a chart in the Excell spread sheet the grahics are displayed properly. The second feature is that I want this data to be dynamic (updated automatically). I have tried all the help issues but cannot seem to overcome this one issue. Can anyone offer me some assistance in this matter? -- ...

CSV import with Formatted numbers
Is there a way to format a CSV file such that numbers can be formated (like # $,0.00) at the time they are imported? We don't want to have people reformat the data after the file is imported. We would like the numeric picture to be included in the CSV data. This includes formula fields as well. A simple example of the CSV file would be: UserId,Name,Oct_Sales,Nov_Sales,Tot_Sales 1002,John Doe,1000.00,1500.00,=Sum(C2:D2) 1005,Jane Roe,1420.00,2125.00,=Sum(C3:D3) I want the Total (in column E) to be formatted such that it looks like $2,500.00 and $3,545.00 when it is imported. Thanks ...

importing dlls
What exactly does the following statement do: #import <shdocvw.dll> ? Can I do something similar if I want to use routines in gdiplus.dll but don't want to redistribute the DLL <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:efa861160f850466c3ae28800f7a70d3@news.scbiz.com... > What exactly does the following statement do: > > #import <shdocvw.dll> > > ? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/html/_predir_the_.23.import_directive.asp > > Can I do something similar if I want to use routines in > gdiplus.dll b...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

Unable to import outlook.pst
My harddrive crashed and I reinstalled Outlook 2003 and got it running. I tried to bring Outlook.pst from an old backup over and open it. I get the following message: File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file c:\.... My user name is the same on both the old and new install. Any suggestions? Thank you, Gary On 14 May 2004 15:16, "Gary Knox" wrote: >My harddrive crashed and I reinstalled Outlook 2003 and got it running. >I tried to bring Outlook.pst from an old backup over and open it. I get >the following message: > >Fil...

using Xmlserializer for Char datatype gives problems
I have a class that I serialize/deserialize using xmlserializer. There are a few properties with char datatype. I have a few xml files from which I want to create the objects. While deserializing from xml if the properties having char datatypes have numeric values(0-9) then everything worls fine. If I put any letter e.g. A it starts throwing exception - "Input string is not in correct format". If I convert these properties to string, all data works. But I have to keep these properties as chars for some reasons. Is there a problem with the char datatype and xmlserialiser? Is there any...

Can Outlook XP import Mozilla Thunderbird Email
Hi, I like to import my emails from Mozilla Thunderbird into Outlook XP under Windows XP. Is this possible? How can I do it? Thanks a lot! Alex ...

Search problem in Outlook solved.
I have been having problems with Outlook for a long time. Searching email and the calendar would come up with nothing. I checked all the indexing stuff and everything seemed to be correct. It would say it was indexing and then report 0 files indexed. I had never been able to get Windows Desktop Search to work either. I had to use Search Companion. Windows search would come up completely empty. Yesterday I went to Microsoft's site and checked out Windows Desktop Search and downloaded and installed Desktop Search 3.01. Voila! Instantly all problems gone. Windows Desktop Search now wo...