Entourage 2008 Excel and Word

When i go to Excel or Word and select file open and all my documents show in a box-How do i delete these documents if i don't want then any longer?<br>
Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Bob--

Did you recently switch to the Mac? Welcome. This is a difference
between Mac and Windows, and it applies to all programs. You cannot
delete a file from a File | Open or File | Save dialog. Instead, you
have to switch to the Finder (the happy blue face), browse to or find
your documents in a Finder window, and move them to the trash.

MacOffice has no control over this--but you can let Apple know this is
annoying:
http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Bob_Whiting@officeformac.com wrote:
> When i go to Excel or Word and select file open and all my documents
> show in a box-How do i delete these documents if i don't want then any
> longer?
> Thank you in advance for your help.
0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
2/5/2008 4:52:56 PM
Daiya Mitchell wrote:
> Hi Bob--
>
> Did you recently switch to the Mac? Welcome. This is a difference
> between Mac and Windows, and it applies to all programs. You cannot
> delete a file from a File | Open or File | Save dialog. Instead, you
> have to switch to the Finder (the happy blue face), browse to or find
> your documents in a Finder window, and move them to the trash.
>
> MacOffice has no control over this--but you can let Apple know this is
> annoying:
> http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html
>
> Bob_Whiting@officeformac.com wrote:
>> When i go to Excel or Word and select file open and all my documents
>> show in a box-How do i delete these documents if i don't want then any
>> longer?
>> Thank you in advance for your help.

On the other hand he may just be asking how to clear the 'recently
opened' file list in Office ?? anyone know?
Ben.
0
SPAM.TRAP (5)
2/5/2008 5:02:10 PM
Ben wrote:
> On the other hand he may just be asking how to clear the 'recently
> opened' file list in Office ?? anyone know?
> Ben.
Bob's question was pretty clear about what he did and what he wanted to
do, even if he didn't use technical terms--wish everyone would be that
precise.

Are you using 2008? There's a "clear recent" command at the bottom of
the Open Recent menu.
0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

sending excel spreadsheets to cell phones
I'm Scott Gordon with Webalo. We are releasing a new service, the Webalo Mobile Dashboard, and would like to invite you to be a part of our beta program. The Webalo Mobile Dashboard allows you to easily deliver excel spreadsheets that are very easy to read and navigate to mobile devices - including BlackBerry, PocketPC, Treo (700w windows os), and smart phones. We host WebEx demonstrations every Tuesday and Thursday. After the demonstration, we will give you an account that you can use on your own. You can sign up at http://md.webalo.com You can contact me at sgordon@webalo.com. Sc...

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

How do I put title on top of chart already made in Excel?
Hi, You can add a chart title via the Options dialog. Right click the chart and pick Chart Options from the context menu. On the Titles tab enter text in the chart title text field. Cheers Andy Angel Childre wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Excel Do not calculate
Sometimes (not every time) Excel do not calculate different formulas when recalculating worksheets manually. Moreover it can calculate them in some sells and donot calculate in others. All formulas are correct, when you enter a cell and press "Enter" the needed result is given. WorkBook is configured to be recalculated manually. Thanks. Try forcing a complete recalc: This is from xl2002's help: Calculate a worksheet or workbook now Press F9 Calculates formulas that have changed since the last calculation, and formulas dependent on them, in all open workbooks. If a wo...

Pivot Table-Change Data Source? Excel 2007
I need to update a series of pivot tables by adding 2010 data. What's the best way to do so? Add the updated info to the source document and refresh, or create a new data source and refresh all the tables? Does the new source have to have the columns in the same order as the previous? If I create a new source document, how do I tell the tables to change the source? Other responses to this question say to rightclick a cell and use the wizard. I'm using Excel2007 and right clicking doesn't produce a wizard. Thanks To change the date source of a PivotTable in Excel...

SSRS 2008
I m using SSRS 2008. I Have an Boolean Type Parameter While View Taht Report it Shows Two Values True or False as Radio Button.Is Their is Any Way that I Can Change Text of these True False Radio Button as Yes,No Or Any Other Text.I Tried it But I Got result in Form of DropDown.I Just Want to Change Text For These True Fale Radio Buttons ...

can excel be opened to fill screen size available
i wish an excel spread sheet to fill whatever screen size is available on opening on various pcs,some have 12" some14" and some17" Use fullscreen under the view menu? -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "johnw" <johnw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E5C4474-DF44-4A42-85CB-99BD3C13ADA9@microsoft.com... > i wish an excel spread sheet to fill whatever screen size is available on > opening on various pcs,some have 12" some14" and some17" This relies on Excel being maximised before closing. It will then reopen maximised (ie to fill t...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

How do I stop Excel from prompting to enable or disable macros?
My file used to have several Macros, but I've deleted all of them (using Tools-Macros-All Open Workbooks). However, users of this file are still prompted at the beginning to enable/disable the macros. I need to eliminate this step. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Adam Excel 2000 Delete all standard modules. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >My file used to have several Macros, but I've deleted all of them (using >Tools-Macros-All Open Workbooks). However, users of this file are still >prompted at the beginning to enable/disable the m...

How do I create a grade book in excel?
How do I create a grade book in excel? hi, what is a grade book? >-----Original Message----- >How do I create a grade book in excel? >. > A book where teachers record the grades on assignments and tests for their students <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4a9301c4a18e$4db8c840$a501280a@phx.gbl... : hi, : what is a grade book? : : >-----Original Message----- : >How do I create a grade book in excel? : >. : > Depends on your criterea. "Excell Grade Book" <Excell Grade Book@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Excel copy + paste
When I open up a new Excel workbook and try to paste cells from another workbook it is pasting the cells as a ( bmp ) It actually pastes the cells as a picture and the picture tool opens. I can paste cells fine within the same workbook but once I open another workbook and try to paste into it this happens. Help!! You are opening the second workbook in its own instance of Excel so you have two instances running. They do not see each other so you get the behaviour you describe. Close one instance and workbook then open workbook again in the other single instance. To p...

execute sql queries for excel
I run around 100 excel reports with data from sql queries every month. The process for each report is fairly simple: I first run a saved sql query to get the data. Next, I use excel query wizard to import the data to an preformatted excel sheet. Finally, the report is saved and an email goes out. For example, to run the "Jones" report, I run jones.sql, open jones.xls, import the data using query wizard, save it as jones_yymm.xls, then send off an email to Jones herself. jones.sql and jones.xls are kept in one folder; jones_yymm.xls is kept in another My dream has been to aut...

MVP's?? Why is Excel 97 VBA much faster than Excel 2002 VBA
Hi I don't know if anyone knows why, but it seems that Excel 97 runs for next loops at about 25 times faster than Excel 2002. In Dec 2002, I created a workbook using the code attributed originally to Bob McCormick to break worksheet passwords and later modified by Norman Harker to break workbook passwords that automatically looped through a workbook and unprotected the workbook and all sheets with the same or different passwords. I incorperated a rough timer into it so it showed at the end approximately how long it took to unprotect the wb and all sheets. Using Excel 97, it consistently...

Excel
Greetings, I would like to cut the first character in each cell of column B. -Example the cell may contain 6008, I would like to change that to 008. Also, cell may contain G302; this should be just 302. Is there a function or macro that i can use to do this? I have found a useful function: =RIGHT(B2,LEN(B2)-1), however it requires a circular reference to work. I also did this: =RIGHT(6004,LEN(6004)-1) which doesn't require a circular reference, however i need to use this function throughout 10 spreadsheets. Can someone help me with this function or module? Thanks, ul...

How do I de-activate hyperlink in Excel ?
I am creating a spreadsheet that has email addresses and web-sites in some cells. I don't want them to appear as hyperlink. I know to remove hyperlink by right clicking on a cell but I want to learn how to de-activate hyperlink in the worksheet. try this code activesheet.hyperlinks.delete it will remove all the hyperlinks in the active sheet. "Nik" <Nik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF501BB5-5344-481D-B73B-87CFCE8EAE30@microsoft.com... > I am creating a spreadsheet that has email addresses and web-sites in some > cells. > I don't want t...

Win 2008 x64 hangs up installing KB970430
I have an hyper-v virtual server (win 2008 x64 enterprise) with iis and multiple ip addresses. After installing the following updates: KB970430 KB971737 KB973917 KB890830 the system stop during reboot (the screen keeps showing update 0% 3/3). I tried to restart a clean backup copy of the virtual machine and tried to reinstall the updates and find out that I got the same problem with KB970430 only. Stopping the machine and restarting it in safe-mode, installation completes but starting again, several services do not start, I can't open internet explorer, network properties...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

In Excel, how do I sort a column by the LAST digit of the data?
I need to sort a column of data by the LAST digit of the data. We add a letter to the end of our catalog numbers to denote "new" (ie 012345-N) or "used" (12345-U), and I'd love to be able to sort by that last digit. Thanks! Insert a column and copy this formula all the way down =right(a1,1) Now sort using this column as the first sort criterion and the original column as the second sort criterion. "DougMash" <DougMash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F1A7165-5631-4CF6-A211-3DA8654D5F45@microsoft.com... >I need to sort a column ...

opening password protected ppt97-2004 file in ppt 2008 for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello. I am trying to open a password protected ppt file (Powerpoint 97-2004) in Powerpoint 2008 for Mac. I created the presentation on Powerpoint for Windows, and I know the password. The problem is that Powerpoint for Mac 2008 does not give me the option of entering the password. (Unlike Word for Mac; I've had no problem with password-protected files there.) The message I receive is "This presentation is protected by a password or Digital Rights Management (DRM). To access the presentation, you must have a ve...

What might cause a small excel worksheet to be over 2MB?
I have a small spreadsheet that has less than 300 rows and 4 columns. For some unknown reason the size of the file has grown to almost 2MB in size. I have another similiar excel file that is less than 400 KB in size. The file size is causing several problems in trying to edit it. Hi! Try to reset the used range: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Biff "lnflewis" <lnflewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4689871-2BB1-4192-8915-5091C3712972@microsoft.com... >I have a small spreadsheet that has less than 300 rows and 4 columns. For >...

Can I make multiple excel workbooks populate information to one main wrkbk real time?
To give you an idea of what I am trying to accomplish... I run a mortgage company and I have about 16 loan officers I personally manage. Currently each of them keep their own excel pipeline of loans in progress in their personal folder on the server, of which I have to go into each one to check on. I can design the new pipelines however here is my main goal. I'd like to create one large read only (to them) pipeline with all the loan officers names in it, along with the appropriate info to the loan. I would like to create personal pipelines for each of them to input their data into. I ...

If I type a formula into excell, and forget the "=", the equal si.
If I type a formula into excell, and forget the "=", the equal sign should be added automatically. Your opinion ? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------------- "Will C Holmes" <Will C Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E994F354-F6A8-4A99-B095-D998FDDC9950@microsoft.com... If I type a formula into excell, and forget the "=", the equal sign should be added aut...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

excel 06-05-10
I have a spread sheet and in it i have data validation tables when i finish picking from them and email the sheet i then want to clear the info in the tables but not the data validation table and not usr macro I'm not exactly sure about what you want to do, Is the whole range filled in with data validation in the cells to create your table or only part. If you can select all the cells with data validation then you can press delete on the keyboard to clear all the contents, but the data validation remains. Or if this is difficult because the data validation is dotted about the...

Excel conversion to PDF?
I have a huge text (several hundred pages) of Turkish in Excel format. Since some special characters are being dropped or altered when printing the Excel file, I need to convert the file into PDF to get a proper printout. Unfortunately, I am only able to convert on a page per page basis. Is there any "trick" to get the entire Excel file converted in one go? Thanks, Murgi Sounds like you mean a worksheet-by-worksheet basis? Try hitting File-->Print and choosing "Entire Workbook". If you're not currently doing so, choose PDF Writer as your printer. -- ~Anne T...