Entourage 10: Entourage does not connect automatically

Dear All,

When switch from Appletalk (for my printer) to DSL Internet access
(Ethernet), Entourage (e-mail) does not connect automatically.  The
workaround is to change to any new site on Explorer, then return to
Entourage for my e-mail.

I am running Office X for Mac. Explorer 5.2.3 on OS 10.3.

Under System Preferences > Network > Built-in Ethernet > PPPoE > PPPoE
Options > Session options,
"Connect automatically when needed" is checked.  Supposedly, Entourage
should hook up just as well as Explorer, but it does not.

-Tony

System Restore 04-06-10
When creating a restore point, I see that one can set System Restore to avoid backing up specified files and directories. If I want to specify a particular directory not to back up, does anyone know whether it's sufficient to specify just the directory path and name, such as: C:\MyPhotos or do I need wildcards to indicate not to back up all files in the directory, such as: C:\MyPhotos\*.* and do I need to indicate NOT to back up subdirectories? C:\MyPhotos\*.* /s Bobbi On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:35:28 -0700, "Bobbi&quo...

Threaded view through Entourage 2008???
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342384925_2937958 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I use this for my school since I am dealing with mostly windows junkies, I have learned to deal with word and PowerPoint again. I had gotten used to using several other applications, including thunderbird, and was used to being able to view the messages in a threaded format. Is there a way to do that in entourage? It is kin...

Outlook 2007 ole registration error in Terminal Services 01-13-10
Hi, I'm using Terminal Services with Citrix to supply users with the Outlook 2007 client. I've removed Citrix from the equation in testing and found the error is reproducable simply by adding Outlook to a vanilla TS environment, so here is my problem. When using Outlook 2007 with Windows Desktop Search 4 on a Win2003 R2 server I'm recieving "An OLE registration error has occured. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." I've tried deleting Application Data files for Outlook in both local and roaming profiles and...

Entourage IMAP or Gmail

Top 10 numbers

Crystal 10 04-13-04
We have a developer Crystal 10 license. Has anyone successfully created a custom CRM report using this in 1.2? I know that it works in Crystal reports 9, and that is the onlything support as far as I know. CRM is very picky about software versions. >-----Original Message----- >We have a developer Crystal 10 license. Has anyone >successfully created a custom CRM report using this in >1.2? > >. > I read that someone had done it. Give it a go and let us know if it works...then download crystal 9.2.2 :-) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Outlook express 07-20-10
Starting about 3 weeks ago I can no longer open an attachment that is in an incoming mail. Have searched the web for an answer but so far nothing has helped -- steve Outlook Express does not run in Vista. Windows Mail perhaps? 1: What is the file extension of the attachment? 2: Will it open if you save it to your HDD first? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "steve" <steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3F90CFE-1AE2-4272-8BE5-411990B1D32D@microsoft.com... > > Starting about 3 weeks ago I...

mscrm not connecting to server
hi as i have installed microsoft crm server in server side and client at client side after the installation i have tried to open the crm deployment manager i am getting an error stating " THE SELECTED SNAP-IN DIDNOT INITIALIZE PROPERLY" can any one plz help me out to sort it out this problem thanking you all inanticipation of positive response. regards ahmed Hi Start CRMSECURITYSERVICE from serevices Regards Bhaskar.T "Brian Kurzynowski" <briank@myspamfilter-taxfirm.com> wrote in message news:%23pRPaqIRDHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > TechKnowledg...

RMS should set the automatic requistioner entry in Purchase Order.
When creating a Purchase Order, currently the requistioner filed is left blank. This should fill automatically with the name of the person logged into the system. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

Entourage Web Services won't install
I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 identities to another volume, now 12.2.1 runs BUT EWS installer still says it can't install. Something is corrupt, but what? On 8/21/09 7:35 AM, in article f7195715-022f-4c67-bdcc-fcb5ac87fb38@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com, "Cayce Pollard" <pollard.cayce@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated Entourage to 12.2.1 so that I can install EWS and Entourage > 12.2.1 says that it can't find the database! I moved Office 2008 > identities...

Calendar in Entourage
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3187944273_1650206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I've noticed that the calendar "loses" the first week, if Monday is set up to be the first day of the week. But not if Sunday is set to be the first day. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I've tried to change time-zone, didn�t help I use OS X (10.3.7) with Norwegian language-pack and Entourage 2004. -Ole --B_3187944273_...

email 04-08-10
I keep getting a pop-up when I try to open Microsoft mail. What is causing this....sometimes I have mail and other times I don;t but I always get the pop-up that says I have an error. Define: Microsoft Mail. It has been out of production for about 15 years. Windows Mail perhaps? Is this pop-up an error message? Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Duane" <Duane@discussio...

Entourage, Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. > I have updated version 12.1 and 12.1.7 and used the workaround to get the updates loaded, now i cannot open entourage or any excel files. Word and Powerpoint are OK. Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-05-20 22:06:01 +0700 Application Name: Excel Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Ex...

Conditional Format help 03-18-10
Hi I have a date in H4 where using conditional formatting, will flag green if its within 2 days of today, amber if 2-3 days of today and red if 3+ days from today however, i need the formatting to stop if there has been a date entered into I4 (as this will mean there is no need for the cell to flag to us that there is no data in I4 if that makes sense) can anyone help please? thanks Dennis What do you mean by >i need the formatting to stop if there has been a date > entered into I4 What colour should the cell be? No colour or the colour it was when the date ...

excel 06-05-10
I have a spread sheet and in it i have data validation tables when i finish picking from them and email the sheet i then want to clear the info in the tables but not the data validation table and not usr macro I'm not exactly sure about what you want to do, Is the whole range filled in with data validation in the cells to create your table or only part. If you can select all the cells with data validation then you can press delete on the keyboard to clear all the contents, but the data validation remains. Or if this is difficult because the data validation is dotted about the...

Possible to Connect Clients to Mirrored DB's (10.0)
We had our Dynamics db's on a clustered sql instance with clients connecting to the instance name without an issue but were forced to go to new hardware and a new implementation. We elected to use db mirroring with SQL 2005 and the mirroring is set up fine and users are able to connect if we create an ODBC connection to the primary db server. This past week the roles were reversed (mirror became primary) so when everyone attempted to connect they got error messages since they were then trying to connect to the mirror db. I thought about creating 2 dns entries (say greatplainser...

Graet Plains 10 security question
I am the IT Director here at my company and I have an important question that I need some sound advice on asap. We recently upgraded our GP installation from and now were being told in order to install the "Smart connect" module to interface with our IMIS (membership database) we're being told that we need to enable DTC on the SQL server. Is this a good thing? What about the security? Our vendor is telling us that we'll need to make security mods to include permit remote connections for clients, anonymous access etc. to get GP and this Smart Connector working. St...

Version 10
Start again. Quit making it look pretty. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2163da6a-1b89-47d5-ac8d-5b758407ffd5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains You'v...

how do i set up outlook to check automaticly without the browser .
So i am used to netscape 4.79 where the "nsnotify" checks my mail every 5 min... can i get outlook 2002 to do the same without having the browser open or minimized? As in just from the icon tray? No, it has to be opened, though it can be minimised. Check mail settings and set to check every x mins - do not set to less than 10mins "cubeman" <cubeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:700BBC6D-1B97-4FF8-81AA-E0D49C0A9257@microsoft.com... > So i am used to netscape 4.79 where the "nsnotify" checks my mail every 5 > min... can i get outlo...

Location of Entourage Actions for autometer
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Where are they? How to install the library? <br> Thanks > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342962954_809482 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 12/6/09 2:18 PM, in article 59bae4db.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "nealt@officeformac.com" <nealt@officeformac.com> wrote: > Where are they? How to...

Outlook 2003 03-04-10
The calander in Outlook looks like the message view in Mail. The Icon for the Calander is a folder. How do I fix this ...

MS SQL Connections Remaining Open
Hello Has anyone experienced Great Plains not closing the SQL Connections? Is there a remedy? Thanks Brian Hi Great Plains needs to have a SQL Connection (vis ODBC DSN). Not sure what you mean below? James "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52dc01c47416$ada300e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > Has anyone experienced Great Plains not closing the > SQL Connections? Is there a remedy? > > Thanks > > Brian My best guess is perhaps you're talking about users not getting logged out of the system when th...

Contacts #10
One of my users had a seperate Contacts folder...his computer crashed. I need to find the file on the backup that contained those. Does anyone know where the default file for Contacts is kept, and what the filename might be? Thanks, -- David Reed Nework Administrator dreed@no.spam.please.srdcorp.com The file you need to look for is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "David Reed"...

Items in Report Filter of PivotTable not "checked" automatically
I have two pivottables connected to a master dataset. These PT (on separate sheets) and dataset are in separate books. I have set different report filters but on common field for each PT. The 1st PT shows all items except blank and the 2nd PT shows only blank. My problem lies in 1st PT. Whenever master dataset changes, it reflects in PT but the updated field data is not automatically checked in report filter list and I have to manually select it to show updated data in PT. Please help me out. shabutt wrote: > I have two pivottables connected to a master dataset. These PT (on separa...

Entourage Database vs Exchange Store, who wins?