email Merge in MS Word 2008 #3

Hi,

I keep being told that Microsoft Word in MS Office 2008 for Mac can do an
email version of a form letter provided you were also using the corresponding
version of MS Entourage as your email program. (By and by, I am). I am
running OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard on an iMac 20".

The help files in MS Word seem hopelessly inadequate. They do not mention
email merging. I assume I am supposed to find the tool in the mail merge
manager under the tools menu, but under create new, I only find four options:
Letter, Envelope, Label and Catalog. There seems to be no entry for email,
not even a greyed out one. I'd really appreciate some assistance.

Thanks,

0
JonathanOz

Receiving attachments #3
I do many web sites, and receive many photos. I am getting the photos in the body of the e-mail instead of an attachment. I have tried to change all of my settings to no avail. I used my husbands computer to send myself tests, no matter what I do I do not get as attachments. When I try to save them by 'copy', and go to my photo program and 'paste' it states there is nothing on the clipboard. So how do I insure I get them as an attachment NOT in the body of the e-mail. use the paper clip button to add them. Are you sure you are using outlook? Outlook Express autopreviews ...

Non Delivery Report #3
Setting Non-Delivery-Report is it possible determine what kind of answer the sender will receive sending an e-mail to wrong recipient in our mail domain? Thank you. -- Dambo The easiest solution is for you to test this out. Send an email from outside and see what you get. In general there are two behaviours. If you are using recipient filtering to block invalid recipients (my preferred config), the email will be rejected immediately. The NDR won't be generated by the receiving Exchange. Instead the NDR is generated by the sending host using the SMTP rejection response. More detai...

Deleting rows #3
I would like to delete blank (no data) rows in a range of rows. I have over 10,000 rows and would like to delete the unnecessary rows. Any suggestions? Can you go by a particular column (like column A) or do you have to check each entire row for data? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Hi Pokey, Assuming the data in your sheet starts in Row 1 you can use the follwing macro to delete your blank rows. It will insert a new sheet and filter the data less the blank rows. Sub DelRwsNewSht() Dim lastrow As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False Rows("1:2").Insert Shift:=xlDown ...

Zoom adjustment on outgoing emails...
I must have hit some button that has zoomed (enlarged the font and email signature on my outgoing emails. Can seem to figure out how to adjust back and all formatting looks the same as it did before problem occurred. thanks. What Mail program are you using? There should be some method of adjusting the font size in the Mail program. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "DMarkeldt" <DMarkeldt@discu...

Email Router / Default Website / OWA?
We installed the Email Router and it looks like the "An Error Has Occurred" (good lord could they make that red X any larger, it's not like I did anything THAT bad...) problem is related to us not installing the Email Router using the Default Web Site in IIS. However, the default website in IIS is being used by Outlook Web Access. There is no documentation to tell us how any of this will interfere with Outlook Web Access. Does anybody have a solution - is there a way to setup the Email Router on a different website than the default, or does anybody have a solution to ...

Create User isn CRM 3.0
I am trying to create a new user in the CRM, but I get a messege stating that the http://crm/mscrmservices is not responding. I beleive I have all the right privliges. I attemtp to go to the website for mscrmservices and I can not login there, even using the domain login that runs the CRM services. I am using SQL 2000 with CRM 3.0 Thanks for the help Mathew ...

Form problems in a table with merged cells
I have a spreadsheet I've been using for several years in which I had set up a ribbon button to show a data entry form using the table headers. I merged some cells in an area adjacent to the table and the form would no longer work. Clicking the ribbon button simply gave the message that the command could not be used in a table or range containing merged cells. I unmerged the offending cells but it still doesn't work. I'm stumped - can anyone please help> -- John ...

MS Query in Excel
I am new to SQL and using MS Query in Excel to extract data from SQL Server. The query retrives result from a number of tables and the result is in the following format: Card Number, Paid Date, Fee Paid, Total Fee Paid 1234, 23-11-2002, $20, $50 1234, 28-10-2003, $30, $50 1235, 10-10-2002, $20, $40 1235, 10-10-2003, $20, $40 Is there any way (like filtering / hiding column) to get the following result: Card Number, Total Fee Paid 1234, $50 1235, $40 Thanks .. Hi Paul............ You should be able to set up your Query so that you only import the data you want...........but assuming...

problem with fonts using Word as editor #2
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but mew msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo ...

Workflow to send email to current user (CRM 4.0)
Is there a way to configure the workflow in CRM 4.0 to send an email to the current CRM user when he/she manually runs the workflow? Thanks. The 'Modified By' User Email should work "The Office Guy" wrote: > Is there a way to configure the workflow in CRM 4.0 to send an email to the > current CRM user when he/she manually runs the workflow? > > Thanks. Note that the user may not be modifying the record before running the workflow. Thanks. "Fortis" wrote: > The 'Modified By' User Email should work > > "The Office Guy"...

how to copy text in word then paste to change text in a table
I have a table that i need to replace the text weekly. I was hoping i could copy the text from Word, and then paste into the table every week the new change. I am using Publisher 2007 and have never used any previous versions to learn this trick. It's not a trick, you can actually do it. You may have to reformat the change once in Pub though. "Mel Clingan" <Mel Clingan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16614B31-7114-4DA5-9F27-916DE0102713@microsoft.com... |I have a table that i need to replace the text weekly. I was hoping i could | copy the ...

Date Formulas #3
How can I make a cell correct the year of a date Hi Charlene not really sure what you're after here if you have 1/1/05 and you want to display just 2005 then right mouse click on the cell and choose format cells / on the numbers tab, choose custom and then type yyyy in the white line and and click OK. however, this just displays the date showing only the year, if you want to extract the year only to another cell you can use =year(A1) where A1 contains the date if you're after something else, please type a few examples of the data you have and what you want to see. Cheers JulieD...

CRM 3.0 and Faxing
I recently upgraded our systems CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. I was using Omnirush to handle all of our faxing from CRM. However it has come to my attention that Omnirush is not yet supported by CRM 3.0. Have any solutions been found that integrate w/ 3.0? Most importantly supports batch faxing I have not heard of any faxing solutions on v3 yet. However you may find omnirush works. Sometimes code from 1.2 can work on v3. Its a long shot but i recommend you at least try to run the 1.2 solution ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm <...

DPM RC 2010 Agent Install on Windows Server 2008 R2
We are having trouble installing the DPM agent on a terminal server running Windows Server 2008 R2. If we install the agent manually, it installs fine and then gives this error when we try to attach it: 0x80004005 We removed all group policies from the server and turned off the firewall, but we still get this error. When I uninstalled the agent and tried to re-install through the console, this is what was in the error log: 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 agentcfg.cpp(475) [000000000076C200] NORMAL Cound not find configuration for DPMRA 12BC 0E94 04/06 14:07:08.824 03 run...

Email Configuration
Using Outlook 2003, I am unable to configure a second email account. Although I am able to connect to my Comcast Account via the web (i.e. its valid and open), I cannot configure Outlook to work. I get messages indicating that "Cannot connect to Incoming Mail Server" and "Cannot Connect to Outing Mail Server". Comcast says sinjce I can connect vie the Web they're okay - contact Dell. Dell says, since my other Comcast account works via Outlook - contact Comcast. Any sugestions? How are you trying to configure the second account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

Outlook 2007 NOT sending emails
The emails I am sending are showing as sent but are not being sent. The problem just started today. I can receive email but I cannot send email. I use a Pop3 account and have never had any problems until I bought a new laptop last week! I used Outlook problem free for an entire week! PLEASE HELP! - yes I have validated the addreses - yes I can send email via my web mail - yes I ran repair on Outlook itself. Ray in Atlanta When trying to send do you get any error messages about connecting to your pop server ? I had a similar prob the other day after a fresh install and windows update, ...

XML not opening in Word 2003 when requested from IE 6
I built a web app that creates and saves a WordML file on disk (with a processing instruction in it for Word.Document). When this file is requested from a client machines, the client's browser automatically opens Word 2003 and views the XML in the Word application as a document, as its supposed to. However, on one machine, the XML text just opens in the IE window as straight XML text, totally ignoring the PI to treat as a Word document. Checked all the File Types for XML and DOC and they are the same one this machine as the others for the "open" and "edit" ent...

MS EXCEL does not let me insert a column
MS Excel does not let me insert a column. It displays an error message thus- To prevent possible loss of date, MS Excel cannot shift non-blank cells off the work sheet. What should I do to insert a new comumn? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

How do you select a specific Visio tab when 'Inserting Object' into Word doc?
I am inserting an object (Visio diagram) in my Word document so that updates to the Visio diagram are automatically reflected in the Word doc. I clicked Insert > Object > Link to File, and used it as a workaround to the bug found when you copy the Visio diagram by clicking Edit > Paste Special > Paste Link (bug is found if the Visio diagram is on a file share; you can't insert it - the option for Paste Link is grayed out). This Insert > Object workaround works fine, HOWEVER, my Visio file has multiple tabs on it. How do I distinguish which tab I want to embed? ...

SSRS 2008 and "ReportServer and Reports" IIS Virtual Directories
Hello All, I'm in the process of learning SSRS 2008. I installed SQLServer 2008 on my "Windows 7 Professional" laptop and decided to configure SSRS 2008 later as I had not setup IIS. I enabled IIS v7.5 and configured SSRS with "http://patriot/ReportServer" as the WebService URL and "http://patriot/Reports" as the Report Manager URL. I created a sample report and I'm able to run the report from the Browser. Going by the configuration, I expected two virtual directories to be created (ReportServer and Reports) in the IIS Server but when I c...

Saving emails #5
If someone wanted to save their emails to a CD, how would be the best way to do so without having to "save as" every message. Basically create a backup of their outlook file? -- Thanks, MH MH <MH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If someone wanted to save their emails to a CD, how would be the best > way to do so without having to "save as" every message. Basically > create a backup of their outlook file? http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

How can I create a graph & execute Excel from a non- MS environme
I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix or another operating system that can be used to display a graph in Excel.(maybe a perl script, or something?) I can create a csv file from the data coming from a non-microsoft environment. I would like to be able to then run a unix system command, or a command that can be executed from the "run" line from MS Start menu that would use this data to open Excel and display the data as a chart. CJ Dev Wrote: > I would like to set up an application that can be run from Unix o > another > operating system that...

vlookup not working #3
I've run into the issue in the past... what I've found is that the export from the Access database does not carry the values forward, rather the cells are imported as a "Label"... to verify that this is occuring, type the following formaula =cell("type",A1) assuming that the cell that you want to verify is in cell A1... If this is occurring then you need to include a translation of the cell content using the VALUE function ...

Outlook mail box keeps filling and filling multi of same email
I use msn live mail and msn mail, so I set up out look so that when Im working on some thing and I wan email I can do it from my doc. but it keeps refilling. -- April April What version of Outlook. Are you scanning your emails. Is it a Imap or a Pop account. Post back with info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "April" <April@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B572189-1E0B-4873-A888-C985F1D228CF@microsoft.com... >I use msn live mail ...

not receiving email
I recently installed Windows 7 32 bit on my computer. I configured my website's email address for POP3 access through my cpanel and created the account for it in Windows Live Mail (as I've done several times before). I cannot receive or send email at all. This has me stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have webmail access to the account? Can you send from there? How long has it been since you setup the account? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "AM" <AM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80CFA063-D089-4491-94D0-449B4F923C88@microso...