Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do?
0
ipcking (1)

a new drawing not erase previous drawing?
visual studio c++ 6.0, mfc, graphics in my program a new drawing erases previous drawing. How to manage that all that is drawn stays alive on the window? And is not erased when the window is covered by another window, as well. And that the image does not flicker... Those last two have from time to time appeared in my attempts to solve the first problem. And that I didn't manage at all - make the first drawing, then the second, see them both at the same time on the window. I have tried the following and maybe more: Invalidate(false), InvalidateRect(false), override OnEraseBkgnd, ...

Axes Location On Printed Page: Changeable ?
Hello: A bit new with this. Is there any way to move the axes (further to the left for the Y, and further down for the X) so that the graph uses more of the paper when I print out ? Seems that there is a lot of white, unused, space on the page. I would like the axes to be closer to the actual page margins. Thanks, Bob Hi Bob - We were all new once. Click on the plot area of the chart, so it is bordered by eight small black squares, or handles. Drag these handles until the plot area uses more of the space within the chart area. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://...

how to draw a bitmap transparently?
Hi, I have an owner draw button associated with a bitmap. In the bitmap editor, I turn off the option "draw opaque" for the bitmap. That is, I make it transparent. However, the the bitmap's background color still shows up on the button. The bitmap has only a solid circle in the middle. What else do I have to do? Please help. Thanks. Tony One thing you can do--and this works only for some restricted cases, which you may or may not have--is to make the button background 192,192,192, and when you LoadImage, you specify LR_MAP3DCOLORS. It will change the 192,192,192 to...

repeat info at bottom and top of every page
I need to know how to repaetb the same information form the top and bottom of a table on every page. It is not a pivot table. Thanks, Excel supports rows to repeat at top when you're printing. File|page setup|sheet tab It doesn't support a rows to repeat at bottom. ==== If you just want to see the same rows at the top on the screen, you can show the rows you want to see (say 1:5), then click on A6 and window|Freeze Panes. And there is no support for "freezing" rows at the bottom. Andrew wrote: > > I need to know how to repaetb the same information form the t...

Can't activate trial version #2
I ordered a trial version and I've tried 3 times to activate it and I keep getting the error message that I used the wrong product key to install it. I double checked it 3 times. HELP! ...

Match values in more than one column
Hi I have three columns of data and wish to highlight the matches or change the format if there are any duplicates. i.e A B C Apple Banana Cheese Banana Orange Milk Chocolate Milk Water Biscuits Pear Bread Wafers Plum Banana So Banana would be highlighted in all, Milk in B and C. I assume I'd use conditional formatting, but the MATCH functio...

Search page
Hope some can help me with this Every time I do a search with bing and the page comes up with the different pages on I click on to one of the links and then I get redirected to another page that has no bearing on what I want, this has been happening for a few days now and I am really feed up with it can any one help. Brian • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/which-version-of-the-windows-operating-system-am-i-running • Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows? http://wi...

owner draw CListBox, how to draw "no item found"
Hello, I have an owner draw listbox, in the DrawItem I draw the items. If the listbox doesn't contain any item I would like to display a message "no item found" but this is no item, so DrawItem is the wrong place. Where should I do this? OnPaint, OnEraseBkgnd? I thought I would be able to do something like this for a test (just paint the window blue) but it's always white BOOL CmyListbox::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { if (m_pItemList.GetCount() < 1) { CRect rc; GetClientRect(&rc); pDC->FillSolidRect(rc,RGB(0,0,255)); return TRU...

Re: printing 8.5 x 11 booklets on 11x17 paper
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Windy <wwicklund@rcpcfairbanks.org>... > the back white page > or "paper" visible on the screen behind my text and > graphic changes and prints that way. What do you mean by this? I don't understand your meaning. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Draw a horizontal line after the last record is printed on each pa
The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to accomodate text size changes. I would like to have a horizontal line drawn when last record finishes printing on the page and joins the end of the last vertical line to make a table. Please help. Thanks. -- Lydia Liu Access/VB Programmer There was at least one answer posted to your same question yesterday. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Lydia" wrote: > The details section of my report draws vertical lines which grow to > accomodate text size changes. I would like to ha...

Forwarding mail through exchange 2003 #2
Just installed exchange 2003 on network that is using unix mail which is Pop 3. We are setting up exchange but want to forward mail from exchange to the unix server until we make the cut over. Could someone help me with setting up forwarding on the exchange server to unix mail. Thanks. Properties of the Default SMTP server. Messages tab, Forward All Mail With Unresolved Recipients To Host field. HTH N. "Earl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:a0bd01c3eb29$6cde7290$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Just installed exchange 2003 on network that is using ...

SumProduct 2
Here is my data: End date............Sus Date............ID# 05-Feb-03.......... 07-Feb-03.........28-Feb-03..........8 15-Mar-03......... 28-Mar-03......... 23-Apr-03........ 30-May-03......... 24-Jun-03........ 27-Jun-03.......... 08-Aug-03.......... 15-Aug-03.........03-Oct-03..........6 22-Aug-03........ 29-Aug-03....... 19-Sep-03....... 30-Sep-03........ 30-Sep-03....... 02-Oct-03....... 31-Oct-03....... 07-Nov-03.........02-Dec-03 12-Dec-03.......04-Dec-03 19-Dec-03....... 19-Dec-03........ All of the data above have ID #'s (I left it out), but only some ID#' have a SUS Date, ...

Anyone want to draw roads?
Just thought that if anyone wants to do diagrams with roads or rivers as double lines then Jeff Lanam (this n/group) kindly provided me with this link to a free programme called OCAD. Its a tiny file, is EASY to use and the results can be exported as a .bmp into Publisher. www.ocad.com I asked on this newsgroup how to achieve this and many threads resulted, so thought I'd post the solution. Many thanks Jeff (see reply to your post) Chrissss........ Glad you solved your map problem. An interesting program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.o...

Drawing graphs on Modal dialogs
I've encounter a strange phenomenon: I have an MFC application that creates a child dialog using DoModal(). Within this child dialog I have a couple of buttons and a graph plot drawn within the area of a Cstatic using a third party API from GraphicsServer. This modal dialog has a minimize button, but when I minimize the dialog, the graph doesn't minimize with the dialog is always on top of the screen. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you think is is a GraphicsServer issue or a Microsoft issue? I've called Graphics Server and they say that they haven't countered my proble...

Border #2
I cannot figure out how to add a border to a banner in Pub. 2003. Can anyone help? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Kyle <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I cannot figure out how to add a border to a banner in Pub. 2003. If you just want a border around the banner, you can create a big rectangle and set BorderArt onto that. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

OWA and SSL question #2
I'm setting up Outlook Web Access. Is there any advantage/disadvantage of just opening port 80 or 443 and getting a certificate? Only my employees are going to be using this to get their e-mail. Other than using SSL to know it's a trusted site, how vulnerable is it just using http on port 80? Jeff Using SSL / 443 is desirable because it adds to your security, otherwise the data transfer is in plain text and there are chances that someone can sniff the data packets (capture the data packets) and extract the information contained. So based on the confidentiality of the data you ...

Backround for log in page
My log in page has a Christmas picture as a backround.. I do not know how it got there, but would like to know if there is a way to remove it? I am using Windows XP-Home edition Service pack 3 Dell Computer Thank you. Roberta wrote: > My log in page has a Christmas picture as a backround.. I do not know how it > got there, but would like to know if there is a way to remove it? > I am using Windows XP-Home edition > Service pack 3 > Dell Computer > Thank you. You mean the picture in User Accounts ? Look in Control Panels. Mine has a User Accounts, and in...

Formatting #2
I copy data fm a website into a spreadsheet daily. Because the copy takes on the formatting of the website's data I have to change it, a little thing but a pain in the butt. How can I force the copied data to take on the formatting of the spreadsheet? tks, steve url and sample of what you are doing. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "sjs" <sjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259D25E6-B49B-4B80-9937-F8EB5C29B64B@microsoft.com... >I copy data fm a website into a spreadsheet daily. Because the copy takes >on > the ...

Orientation of text in an autoshape
In Excel 2003, I have a rectangle that is tall and thin. I want to put some text inside it, but I need the text oriented 90 degrees in the rectangle. Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks, Tonso I will assume a recatngle fro the Drawing Toolbar. Right-click on the edge of the rectangle and "Format Autoshape" and on Alignment tab choose your orientation. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:32:58 -0700 (PDT), Tonso <wthomasss@hotmail.com> wrote: >In Excel 2003, I have a rectangle that is tall and thin. I want to put >some text inside i...

Save worksheet as a web page
In the 2003 version of Excel there was a "Save As" option to create a webpage. It doesn't appear to me that this option exists in the new version of Excel. What am I missing? ...

How do I get the pages into the bottom toolbar in publisher 2007
In the older version of Publisher the pages of a document appeared in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. In the 2007 version I don't know how to turn that on. How do you navigate between pages? Not too long ago another poster offered the following solution. Please note that I haven't had this issue and haven't tried this solution but it seems to have worked for him. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below. But beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a specific part of the P...

transfering files #2
I am having a problem transfering a file from an old computer with windows 95 MSMoney. My new computer with windows xp will not open it. I have tryed a lot of options and windows instant suport could not help can some one out there??? Should another version of MSMoney work? I did downlpad it, but to no avail in opening the file in spreadsheet form. Help Please! In microsoft.public.money, me wrote: >I am having a problem transfering a file from an old >computer with windows 95 MSMoney. My new computer with >windows xp will not open it. I have tryed a lot of >options and w...

Page numbers on sub reports?
I have a report that has 2 subreports. The main report is only 1 page long. The 2 subreports can be many pages and I want to show page numbers on these. I have put this in a text control in the page footer of each report ="Page " & [Page] & " of " & [Pages] I want the page numbers for each subreport to start at 1. When I run the reports independently, the page numbers appear. However when I run the reports as subreports on the main report, the page numbers don't show. Why is that? Thanks Tony Because the main report controls page headers and footers...

From field #2
I have three email accounts, how do I select the one I would like to have as a return address for any given email I send out? Thanks! IIRC, I have not yet used Outlook 2003. :[ IIRC, Outlook 2002 has an "Accounts" menu option when composing an e-mail. You may have to customize your toolbar to see it. IIRC, Outlook 2000 has a "send using" menu option when composing an e-mail. You may have to customize your toolbar to see it. IIRC, Outlook 98 and 97 don't offer this. Ray at work "gare" <gare@whatidliketosay.com> wrote in message news:058d01c39d5...

Modified date #2
Hi, We have a sheet with several rows and columns that are sometimes updated. What we want is a date in a column "Modified Date" when something in that row is modified. Is this possible? Best regards Hi prixton If you change a cell in Col A:G the date will appear in the H column Copy this event in a sheet module Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Target.Cells If Target.Column < 8 Then Cells(cell.Row, "H").Value = Format(Now, "mm-dd-yy hh:mm:ss") End If Next End S...