does Office vX work with Panther (10.3)?

hi,

i have a G3 ibook and i am thinking of upgrading to 10.3? If i do the upgrade, will:

a) my Office vX work?
b) i need to reinstall it?

many thanks. this is a great group!
constantine
0
ctheodo8 (2)

ct <ctheodo8@otenet.gr> wrote:

> i have a G3 ibook and i am thinking of upgrading to 10.3? If i do the
> upgrade, will:
>
> a) my Office vX work?

Yes.

> b) i need to reinstall it?

Only if you do an Erase and Install. Otherwise, the Office applications
folder (as well as the Microsoft User Data and the preferences in your
home folder) should be preserved.

i appreciate your input.

neillmassello@earthlink.net (Neill Massello) wrote in message news:<1glxyl7.cny6nht4t8mqN%neillmassello@earthlink.net>...
> ct <ctheodo8@otenet.gr> wrote:
>
> > i have a G3 ibook and i am thinking of upgrading to 10.3? If i do the
> > upgrade, will:
> >
> > a) my Office vX work?
>
> Yes.
>

> > b) i need to reinstall it?
>
> Only if you do an Erase and Install. Otherwise, the Office applications
> folder (as well as the Microsoft User Data and the preferences in your
> home folder) should be preserved.
0
ctheodo8 (2)

exchange 2003 rule wizard not working
Hi, I had a email rule set-up which use to forward a copy of some emails I received from selected people in my mailbox to my home email address, and also move it to another folder now since my work has moved to active directory from novel this does not work.. please note it does move it to the other folder just doesnt forward it to a external email address Any ideas why this doesn't work anymore and how it can be resolved. or if there is a setting or something that needs to be changed. Any help would be appreciated annoyed Automatic forwarding and replying to the Internet is disabled b...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

How to merge 10 files in one step?
Hi Everyone I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up 10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help given... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well, there is th...

Out-of-office twin replies

Vista
I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installed, and have installed Microsoft Office 2003 on it & registered it. However, whenever I launch Excl I am confronted with a screen showing a Microsoft Office End Users Licence Agreement which requires me to agree to each time before the programme will launch. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? You registered but did you activate? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:55:54 -0000, "Gunga" <scohen@btinternet.com> wrote: >I have just purchased a PC with Windows Vista already installe...

Office Macros
What is the latest about when we will be able to upgrade our Office for Mac so that it can run all of our spreadsheets with VB macros? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and not to the executive department." - James Madison The only official word from Microsoft is that VBA will return in the next release of Mac Office which is tentatively scheduled for "Holidays 2010" - I take that to mean late 4th quarter of next year. I would not expect to see anything m...

migration #3
hell0 any good articles about migration from exch2000 to exch2003. thanks Hi , This material will help you. Upgrading Exchange 2000 to 2003 822942 Considerations When You Upgrade to Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822942 Upgrading from Exchange 2000Server http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechn ol/exchange/Exchange2003/proddocs/library/DepGuide.asp Exchange Windows Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/TiWinNet.asp How to upgrade to Exchange Server 2003 by using the swing upgrade method http://support...

Office 2007
I have Office 2007 installed on an WinXP machine. I've added to my start menu the following short-cuts: New Microsoft Office Document Open Microsoft Office Document I have a few questions, 1. What is the default location of the files listed in the New Microsoft Office Document window? 2. Can I add tabs to the New Microsofot Office Document window? If so, how? 3. What is the default location for the Open Microsoft Office Document window? Assume I've made no changes to the install of Office 2007. Your assistance and help is greatly appreciated! (B^>)-]=[ ...

mail merge from Microsoft Works Address book to make labels
I have 850 addresses in the Address Book located in Microsoft Works. I'm running XP and have Publisher 2003 and Word options to make these labels, but I can't seem to get either to locate this address book. Please HELP. I'm on a deadline Mellisa Hi Mellisa @ Midwest (Mellisa @ Midwest@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have 850 addresses in the Address Book located in Microsoft Works. || I'm running XP and have Publisher 2003 and Word options to make || these labels, but I can't seem to get either to locate this address || book. Please...

Send Exchange 2003 Out of Office Replies to non Exchange mail serv
Hi, I am new here, so please bear with me. I am hoping someone can help me. I have looked and looked and looked for the answer to my question with no luck. I am wondering if it is possible to setup Exchange 2003 Out of Office replies to respond to a non-Exchange mail server within the same domain without opening up to the internet. The reasoning is to prevent spam programs from detecting legit addresses. Main Mail Server for Staff & Faculty: Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Main Mail Server for Students: SurgeMail from NetWinSite.com They are in the same domain, but I am wanti...

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

How do I change the data set on the X axis? (office 2003)
OK, so I created a frequency histogram (bar chart) by selecting the values for the Y-axis, but I can't figure out how to change the values on the X-axis to fit the rest of my values.... When I make the graph using both sets of data, it gives me two separate bar charts on the same plane. Help please :) Thanks Remove the text in the top cell over the x-values; now make the chart. Excel thinks you have two data series best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jrexattack" <jrexattack@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Opening/importing data from database takes forever after upgrading office!
Hello. I recently reinstalled a users computer and upgraded his office version from 2000 to xp. Now when he imports data from a database it takes forever. It can take several minutes and before the reinstallation the operation only took seconds. What could be wrong? I did the same on his coworkers computer with the same result so there must be something that can solve the problem. I just can't figure it out. The run windows 2000 sp4. Please help. :^) //Johan Anyone? It never hurts to empty the windows temp folder (with excel closed), but it may not help. You may want to take...

User Defined Query Function Not Working with Multiple Criteria
Using Access 2007 I created a user defined function used in a query that works fine on single criteria but not two or more. These work fine: MyFunction="Open" MyFunction="Closed These don't work: MyFunction="Open Or Closed" MyFunction="'Open' Or 'Closed'" What do I need to type to get this to work? Unless you let us know something specific about the function itself, it's going to be difficult to diagnose why it isn't working. Consider posting the function ... (and wouldn't the function spell out how many...

office 2003 eula comes up each time you open word,excel

CTRL+Shift+Arrow Doesn't Work
Since yesterday I've not been able to use the ctrl+shift shortcut to select data ranges. I press the keys and nothing happens. I can still use other ctrl shortcuts, this is the only one that isn't functional. Does anyone know what could be the cause? Thanks, Elon I just wanted to add that this is for excel 2003 sp1. "Elon" wrote: > Since yesterday I've not been able to use the ctrl+shift shortcut to select > data ranges. I press the keys and nothing happens. I can still use other > ctrl shortcuts, this is the only one that isn't functional. Do...

Re-installation of office
I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original settings. HELP! Insert Office cd, install. Dont have cd? ....explain "Lisa Lucey" <Lisa Lucey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D935368F-BFC7-4C04-96BA-FEAFABC6E358@microsoft.com... >I need to re-install office on my pc after resetting the pc to the original > settings. HELP! ...

XSLT example does not work?

Office 12.2.1 update/Reentering Product Key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I attempted to update my Microsoft Office 2008 from 12.2.0 to 12.2.1 today; however, after the installation was complete, when I went to open a Microsoft Office application, an error message appeared stating: "Office for Mac has determined that your product key is not valid. To use Office for Mac, you must enter a valid product key" and refers me to this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/help.mspx?MODE=pv&CTT=PageView&clr=99-0-0&target=f2d51b70-f7d6-4a3c-ae8b-b90597d7530e1033> After deleti...

CRM does not work via Internet
CRM 1.2 is not currently working via Internet. It requires a VPN connection. Is there a way to make it work on regular internet or this limitation will be addressed in the next version? Are you referring to the web client or the SFO client? The web client can be accessed publicly provided you have the appropriate ports open through your firewall (default is 80). However, there are some major security considerations to doing this. Unless you are using SSL, your company data will be being transmitted through the internet unencrypted. Due to the nature of the SFO client and it's requir...

Spellcheck Doesn't Work
Auto correct works, but the regular spellcheck does nothing, no error message, nothing Is it "turned on" . . . . Tools - Options - Spelling tab - CHECK first box "Always check spelling before sending" "Ocoee" <Ocoee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEECBEDF-C157-481C-9090-11846599F9E2@microsoft.com... > Auto correct works, but the regular spellcheck does nothing, no error > message, nothing Alt + T, Options, Spelling tab, is Check spelling as I type checked? Misspelled words will be underlined. -- Ron Sommer MS MV...

Office 2003 and mac office
I have a workbook with some macros and such that i made on my XP computer. I sent it to a friend of mine to use, but he has a mac. The macro i made to sort runs into a problem when he runs it, however when he sent me the workbook and i ran the macor it worked fine. It had a 1004 runtime error. Is this a common problem due to it being made on a pc and ran on a mac? what changes need to be made to make it work on a mac? Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("IA3"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ Da...

OWA Problem #10
I have lost the OWA site from IIS. Can't now login to exchenge remotely. Need some help on how to reinstall the Exchange site in IIS. Thanks "lost the OWA site"? Can you provide more detail, please? What version of Exchange server? What happens when you access http://servername/exchange? William Marcus wrote: > I have lost the OWA site from IIS. Can't now login to exchenge remotely. > Need some help on how to reinstall the Exchange site in IIS. > > Thanks > > ...

Filter top 3 by group
I have a table of student ID's (numeric) courses and marks such as shown in this example: ID Course Mark 123456 Math 11 80 123456 English 11 82 123456 Socials 11 75 123456 Science 11 92 123456 Geog 11 84 123456 Physics 11 70 234567 Math 12 65 234567 English 12 71 234567 Chem 12 60 234567 Geog 12 88 234567 Phys 12 70 I want to produce a list that shows the top 3 courses for each student such as ID Course Mark...

installing outlook 04-25-10
I have just installed Mictosoft Office standard 2007 it works fine other than outlook I cannot get outlook to open---as it tells me "Microsoft Exchange in unavailable" I have then three options retry/work off line/cancel the Exchange Server settings my work (university of Washington) gave me do not work and the other two options result in the computer closing. What do I do now? On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 15:46:01 -0700, pjdunbar <pjdunbar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have just installed Mictosoft Office standard 2007 it works fine other than > outlo...