Destination selection message

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I am having trouble installing Office 2008 update 12.1.7 as it says;

"! You cannot install Office 2008 update 12.1.7 Update on this volume (being the Mac HD). A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume."

and the only option is to cancel the update. Is there anything I am doing wrong or anything I can try to make the update run?
0
Scroopy (6)

The information here should be helpful:

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/install_update.html

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<Scroopy@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008
> Processor: Intel
>
> I am having trouble installing Office 2008 update 12.1.7 as it says;
>
> "! You cannot install Office 2008 update 12.1.7 Update on this volume
> (being the Mac HD). A version of the software required to install this
> update was not found on this volume."
>
> and the only option is to cancel the update. Is there anything I am doing
> wrong or anything I can try to make the update run?

0
CyberTaz
4/27/2009 3:34:16 PM
Hi Bob,

Many thanks but the only thing I found that could seem to prevent the update from running was the product key which was the same PK as the office for mac version on my macbook pro.

This was because I recently purchased an imac and used the mac utility to copy files and programmes across to the imac. I didnt know how to put in a new product key until going to the site you suggested so that has now been updated.

But the update still wont go through.

I have made sure that there is no application running when i run the update, even after restarting.

The office folder has not been moved, renamed or modified in any way and I cant see any other possible cause listed on this site.

Would you have any further suggestions?

br
Michael
0
Scroopy (6)
4/28/2009 3:41:50 PM
Have you followed the suggestions here:

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/not_found.html

To clarify, if your Macs are networked make sure no Office software is
running on *either* when you attempt to update.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP

<Scroopy@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Hi Bob,
>
> Many thanks but the only thing I found that could seem to prevent the
> update from running was the product key which was the same PK as the
> office for mac version on my macbook pro.
>
> This was because I recently purchased an imac and used the mac utility to
> copy files and programmes across to the imac. I didnt know how to put in a
> new product key until going to the site you suggested so that has now been
> updated.
>
> But the update still wont go through.
>
> I have made sure that there is no application running when i run the
> update, even after restarting.
>
> The office folder has not been moved, renamed or modified in any way and I
> cant see any other possible cause listed on this site.
>
> Would you have any further suggestions?
>
> br
> Michael

0
CyberTaz

Disabling the 'From' option within New Message
Is there a way to disable the 'From' option on the Options drop-down on the new message. I was looking at this yesterday. I was able to select a user's email address other than my own to be the sender. Where can this be disabled? Outlook 2003/Exchange2003 Thanks in advance You can't disable it, but unless you have Send as permissions, it will either send as "on behalf of" (if you are a delegate) or come back as undeliverable. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual Quick...

Select a reoprt
I would like to let the users select what report they want from a list of reports, but I would also like them to be able to sort/filter the report by their own criteria needs. Hmm. That's quite a few things you're asking for. :-) Here's how to select a report from at list box: List Box of Available Reports at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-19.html Here's now users can sort the report: Sorting report records at runtime at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-33.html Here's how to build a filter to apply to OpenReport: Search form - Handle many ...

Publisher in Email message.
I publish a e-newsletter monthly and broadcast to about 150 customers. One of them notified me today that they could only read about the 1st 1/3 of the document. I send this document by selecting the "send this page as message" from the File drop-down menue. Is there setting that they need to change? I resent it and the same results. thanks, Jamey Send a .pdf file.\ instead. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jamey" <Jamey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62203518-...

Overdide global message limit?
I am trying to override a global message size limit in Exchange 2003. I had been told by Microsoft that it would work after applying sp1. It still enforces the global limit even after changing the user mailbox from the default. I have seen article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322679 and in it it states: "The global setting is 2 MB. Therefore, all the users who are using the default global setting in the Exchange 2000 Server organization or in the Exchange Server 2003 organization are limited to sending and receiving messages that are a maximum of 2 MB. If an in...

NOTIFYICONDATA callback message (WM_USER or WM_APP as a base?)
Hi, I'm going to put an icon in tray area. I have to choose a callback message for NOTIFYICONDATA.uCallbackMessage Is it correct to choose something like WM_USER + 1, or something like WM_APP + 1 ? (The message is private to my application, so I think that using RegisterWindowMessage() is useless.) Thanks in advance, MrAsm On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 16:34:20 GMT, MrAsm <mrasm@usa.com> wrote: I'm experimenting with WM_USER + 1 and everything is working fine now... but I wouldn't like to get in trouble in the future :) if WM_USER is not the correct approach... MrAsm "M...

CListCtrl Select Problem
Hi, All. I finally have worked out the nuances of CListCtrl (V6++), and can get it to do everything needed. Except for one thing: I'm in the 'Reports' mode, and I have two columns. I'm using the OnDblclkList1()override. PROBLEM: Using GetFirstSelectedItemPosition(), the following results: When the first column is 'doubleclicked', I can get the row. When the second column is 'doubleclicked', I only get zero for the row. I've tried every method in the class that seemed even remotely related, but without luck. I even used SendMessage(WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK,MK...

Cryptic message on startup
Running Vista 64 bit Home Premium.... I recently (just a few days ago) started getting a message on startup: Failed to create empty document It appears in a dialogue box. The box has the word: Smoni in the header area. I can click OK or close the box and everything seems OK I've searched for any file called Smoni with no success, and looked at the startup items (Control Panel.... change startup programs... open Windows defender...) and can't see anything that I think would be generating this message. I did several "new" things before I started getting the m...

Selecting a folder to save xml to...
I have the following code that works fine in Excel 2003 and I am looking for something similar that will produce the same result but for Excel 2000 can anyone help? If xmlfolder = "" Then MsgBox "Select folder for the XML file", vbCritical With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) .Title = "SELECT FOLDER" .AllowMultiSelect = False ' Folder selected If .Show = -1 Then xmlfolder = .SelectedItems.Item(1) & "\" End If Regards Jamie Take a look he...

Integration Manager
I'm trying to integrate transaction data into Great Plains thru integration manager. Is there any way to have multiple destinations for the same source data. For instance, I want to capture transaction data in a GP WORK table as well as a custom table. The only solution I can think of is to write two integrtions using the same source data, but declaring a single destination in each integration. If this is the route I have to take - does anyone know how to write the execute statement that I could attach to the end of the first integration that would launch the second integration? Thank...

Changing rewriting modifying clearing Message-Id
Hello is there a way to change/rewrite/modify/clear the Message-Id which is generated by an Exchange Server 2003 with SP2? I know this is considered as a bad thing but I really need this to hide the internal hostname of the Exchange Server. The Exchange server uses a sendmail server as a smart host which would add a Message-Id but there is already one and I don't have a clue to tell sendmail to rewrite the Message-Id and replace it with sth. else. Anyone? Regards -- Manfred "Manfred Gloiber" <someone@somewhere.no> wrote: >is there a way to change/rewrite/m...

No message being sent and cannot read some
I am having a problem when sending message form Outlook 2002 (XP) where there is no message text sent. This also happens in reverse when I cannot read some message content. This is really bugging me as I would like to be able to use Outlook rather than Express. ...

Is there a formula to find one phrase in a selection?
Hey again, Is there a formula I can use to figure out if there is one specific phrase in a selection? I'm updating the attendance prgram at the school that I work at. Every student has their own attendance sheet in Excel, and each sheet sort of looks like this: |Monday| Period 1:| A | (A=Absent; S=Seat time) Period 2:| S | Period 3:| A | So basically, if they have one or more "S"s, we can count them as being present for the day. I need the formula to find out if there is an "S" in that column, and if there is, I need it ...

Selection mode problem
I seem to have set Excel 2003 to a particular cell selection mode that I can't seem to turn off. My cursor is the big plus sign and when I click on any cell in a spreadsheet - existing files or even an empty spreadsheet - the selection mode stays active and no matter where I mouse to, the selection keeps expanding. No click, right-click, shift-click, alt-click, or any keyboard command I could think of turns this off. Nothing in the menus seems appropriate, and I can't seem to find anything in the online help on this issue, so I'm obviously confusing some terminology. I ...

Unread message count in public folder
A couple of our users are unable to view the count for unread message in a specific public folder, but are able to see the count for other Public folders without issues. The PF's are in the Favorites folder. I tried removing and re-adding to Favorites, re-created the profile, repair outlook to no avail. Does anyone have other suggestions? They are using Outlook XP SP3. Bambi, Try this, 1.. Right-click the folder you want to display the total number of items for, and then on the shortcut menu (shortcut menu: A menu that shows a list of commands relevant to a particul...

How to import OE messages into Outlook 2007
I have a computer with Windows 7. I have a ton of important emails archived to an external hard drive that I would like to import into Outlook 2007. I copied and pasted the .dbx files to a folder on the desktop. However, when I use the import function, I don't know how to get Outlook to point to the files. I have a feeling this can't be done with Windows 7. If it can, please give instructions. If not, is there a way around this? Thanks in advance. "sheana" <sheana@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:A309D94B-DA35-48D9-99BA-889D0FD59022@microsoft....

Sent e-mail messages do not reach destination
I'm a new user of Microsoft Outlook. I downloaded all mails from the server to my computer. When I send an e-mail I receive an error message from the System Administrator to my inbox with the subject Undelivrable:..... . Here is an example: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: kjshljjh Sent: 2005-10-02 3:25 MD The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'd_kaba@yahoo.com' on 2005-10-02 3:25 MD 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts. Why is that happening? See if the info here...

Select Nodes with XPath
Hello I would like select all Record where Adr-Nr is <> -1 in the xml- Structure below For that i use the following xpath Expression xpath(msgIntern, //Root/Record[Adr-Nr !=3D -1]) I recive nothing return. What do i wrong? andy <ns0:Root xmlns:ns0=3D"http://bbbbbb.EAI2.Intern.Schemas.Intern"> <Record> <Adr-Nr>46004856</Adr-Nr> <GUID>65C8B54C-47B2-45D9-9495-56104E8FEEC6</GUID> <Name1></Name1> <Name2></Name2> <Name3></Name3> <Name4></Name4> <Aktiv>1</Ak...

Select Top with aggregate function
I have a SQL statement that returns an count and average amount paid for a customer in a table. I wish to alter the SQL so I only get the first X rows returned. The SQL below is working to return all records. SELECT Count(*) AS Expr1, Avg(tblPayment.amountPaid) AS Expr2 FROM tblPayment WHERE (((tblPayment.Customer)="Doe") AND ((tblPayment.amountPaid) Is Not Null)); I am currently getting 8 records returned for this query since that is how many are in the data base. When I add TOP 5 to the query, I still get a count() of 8 returned. Any ideas how to fix this? ...

Select multiple ranges using cells property
I will be very grateful for the code to select two ranges at the same time. I am formatting these ranges with borders etc and rather than do each one in turn would like to do them at the same time. The two ranges are as below. Range(Cells(5, 4), Cells(intRows, 5)) Range(Cells(5, 6), Cells(intRows, 7)) Everything I have tried selects the whole area and not separately, using D5 etc is simple but as this is dynamic I need to use the Cells property many thanks -- with kind regards Spike Hello Spike, 2 Options. You can select the ranges by using Union and then use th...

messages rec'd but then immediately disappear
i hope someone can help me! this has happened for a couple of months, but not all the time, and not with all emails. i'll hit my "send/receive" button and see emails come into my inbox but then i'll see one or more of them disappear - like i see them for one second, not even long enough to see who they're from (unless i'm expecting them like i did tonight when i was testing it), and they go away. i have road runner but they can't help me b/c they don't support outlook. does anyone know what's going on and how i can fix this and see the emails...

report destination
When printing a "check on the fly". (enter the payables transactions and print a check). The window Report Destination pops up. The ask "each time" is grayed out. And the screen, print, and file is unchecked. The user has to always check the print box. Is there any way to have the print already checked. Thanks Typically these settings are defined in the Posting Setup. I don't know offhand which is the "Check on the Fly" but it might be Payment Entry. You can go to Tools- Setup- Posting- Posting, select Purchasing from the series and select whatev...

SQL Statement for attaching Item Messages to Items
Greetings, I need a SQL statement to attach an Item Message to all items for my client. Can anyone help me? My client is a liquor store that wants to attach an Item Message, Check ID to every item, without having to go through the entire db and attaching to each item individually. Nevermind: Got it, Update Item set MessageID = 1 where MessageID = 0 "Catzilla" wrote: > Greetings, > I need a SQL statement to attach an Item Message to all items for my client. > Can anyone help me? My client is a liquor store that wants to attach an Item > Message, Check ID to every...

help with a select statement....
Hi, I am trying to perform a select that is beyond my abilty, so was hoping that somebody could assist. I have one table with a list of parts, and the location in the warehouse where that part is. A part may exist in one, or more (unlimited) location SKU QTY BIN FIFO AAA 30 A3 1 BBB 20 A2 1 CCC 4 B5 1 AAA 50 B9 2 etc... What I need to be able to do, is when the system has an order I need to create a pick list(which I hold in a temp table ##pickitems). This pick list will tell t...

select the last cell in a long list
hello i'm stuck i need some help on selecting the last cell ( 1st blank one available ) in a large list, there will be no gaps in the list at all. so far using VBA i've been able to select and sort my list using CurrentRegion, would like the curser to return to the end of the list so i can enter more data as and when required. i know i will be kicking my self as its bound to be something i'm overlooking. any help would be appreciated Regards DarkNight To select the first empty cell use Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select More reliably if there could be b...

HTML messages look blurry
This is wierd one for me: I have WindowsXP Pro, and Outlook 2002. I've recently noticed (I think something changed because I've been using this setup for a few years without noticing it) that HTML messages in a message window look blurry. Outlook itself doesn't look blurry. All the text is crisp in the Folder list, the message list and plain text messages look crisp. But HTML messages all have a bit of blur - not bad and certainly readable. I do not see the problem in my web browsers. Only in HTML email messages. What could that be? STeveK I typically use Firefox...