copying Arabic into Word document on Mac

I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a
multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble.
It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters
not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried
making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't
help.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Michael

0
huanzuiju (3)

<huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a
> multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble.
> It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters
> not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me).

Indeed... Only Word 2004 properly supports Unicode to let the letters
display as they should, but even then: because of earlier limitations in
the System tools WOrd uses, Word is not capable of using right-to-left.
You'll have to use another application (Mellel will do it, probably
Nisus Writer Express too).

Corentin

--
      --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone)  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Scan on Document Imager Office 2007, preview shows, scan doesnt
When I attempt to scan a document in the Document Imager, my scanner shows up, I select it. I click on "preview" and the document can be seen, then, I click on scan....nothing shows up. Help ...

Where to go for Word and Excel?
Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant to this newsgroup, but hoping someone can tell me something. TIA LAS On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:56:47 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote: � Newsgroups that I've used for years have disappeared from the � news.microsoft.com server. Where does one go now for questions about these � and other Office applications? I know this isn't relevant ...

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Putting an XML document in a TreeView.
I would like to put an XML document into a Windows TreeView. I have started with XmlTextReader and seem to get stuck with all of the different Read/Move commands available. I was wondering if someone else has already gone through the pain of descending through an XML document either printing or adding the attribute and element values and names to a TreeView? It would just save me some time as I will have to do some trial and error to get it to work. Thank you. Kevin Hello! Maybe you could use XmlDocument, it should be easy to convert from one tree-like structure to another. (You'...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Copy picture ossice wizard

Word 2007 changes Date Modified in Explorer
Each time I open a document with Word 2007, the date modified is changed in Windows explorer. This happens even when no changer are made to the document. Older versions of Word would change the date in Windows explorer, but then reset it when the document was closed, if no changes were made. How can I stop this That does not happen here. The document must be being saved for the date to change. I have a document here that I open nearly everyday for the purpose of copying and pasting information to reply to messages in these newsgroups and it is still showing the date of 2...

Mail Merge in Word using Outlook contacts
I am using Word 2003's Mail Merge Wizard. When I get to the point where it is asking where to get the data from, I mark the "Outlook contacts" field and then prompted to choose with contacts folder. I only have one, the main "contacts" field in Outlook so I choose that one (I have Outlook open, Working Offline and have the contacts folder open.). When I proceed to the next step where I get the table of information - the fields are fields that would be in my Inbox, not my Contacts folder. I am trying to get the Last Name, First Name, Address, Home Phone number...

subtotal copy and paste

Relative indentation in Word 2007?
I have a bulleted list with several levels of indentation, and I would like to add some text - beneath each point in the list - that is always indented a bit to the right of however indented that point is. Does relative indentation exist in Word 2007? I would ideally like to define a style that indents the selection relative to what is above it, such that, for example, a paragraph that I apply the style to will always be indented 2 cm to the right of the previous paragraph. Thanks in advance for any help! No, Word doesn't support relative indents. You will have to create...

Office 2008 XML Convertor for Mac 2004 Excel?
Well, the XML Beta convertor works (sort of) for Word 2008 x docs, but what is there for the new Excel .xlsx docs? No convertor mentioned that I can find on MS site. -- To reply by email, remove the word "space" On 8/1/07 1:58 PM, in article labolide-DA22BA.10585301082007@news.giganews.com, "Kurt" <labolide@spacegmail.com> wrote: > Well, the XML Beta convertor works (sort of) for Word 2008 x docs, but > what is there for the new Excel .xlsx docs? > No convertor mentioned that I can find on MS site. There is no converter yet. Keep watching mactopia for an...

Word 2007 extremely slow to load templates within the Startup fold
Environment: Windows Vista, Desktops & Laptops, Office Professional Plus 2007. Problem: Within the last week, we had several instances reported in which Word takes approximately 2-3 minutes to open and load all of our templates located within the Startup folder. Another sympton is, when double-clicking a file and Word is not running, this error shows: "Windows cannot find C:\ (doc) Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again". Trobleshooting performed: -recreated Normal.dotm -started word in /a & /s, application opens fine -removed templates from s...

'Documents folder' is too full
OS 10.4.10 Ibook G4 1.5 GB Ram Word 2004 As I open certain files of late, a message tells me when I go to put the file or folder into my 'Documents' folder, that some information may not appear from the new file because 'Documents folder' is too full, or something like that. What is going on? Should I split my document folder into two sub folders? Thanks, Rafael Hi Rafael: Check how much free disk space you have? Empty your Trash. Reboot the computer. I think you are out of disk space. Cheers On 9/11/07 6:46 PM, in article C3595E5E.4C48%raf44ael98@sbcglobal.net,...

how do I convert a publisher document to .jpeg format?
I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any ideas will be appreciated... Is there a reason why you want a .jpg? Would a .pdf work? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Thumper" <Thumper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9FB0F29-3D95-4E22-963B-F2004CA37AE7@microsoft.com... >I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it > can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any > ...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

Word 2007 Toolbar customization
Hi....... I want to edit a toolbar in word 2007 and add some buttons to the Toolbar and for these buttons I want to write a VB Code which wil add a table to the current ducument at the current cursor position. So, How can I do this??????????? Hi Amit, If you want to add a macro to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT), do as follows. 1. Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar and then click Customize Quick Access Toolbar. 2. In the Word Options dialog box, verify that Customize is selected. 3. In the Choose commands drop-down list, select Macros. 4. Select the macro by n...

Copying graphs

Copying Views