Commerce FAIL

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

Here it is like 730 and I have a deadline for a design project and I'm forced to use the new version of PowerPoint. Fine. I will buy the software, because as much as I resent it, I know eventually I will have to buy Office 2008. So I go to find out where I can download it. It's possible that I was looking in all the wrong places, but to the best of my knowledge it can't be downloaded and registered like every other piece of software in the universe.

So here I am. I want to buy your product, and I CAN'T. I'm sure there are business reasons for this that make a bunch of sense to you.

FAIL.
0
elikagan (1)

I don't know why you are telling "us" of your opinion?  The people reading
here are simply fellow users of the product, just like you.  We don't work
for Microsoft, and we have no influence over what the corporation does :-)

You can use the feedback links from the
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.mspx website if you have a message for
Microsoft.

The "reason" you can't download Microsoft Mac software is, I believe,
because Microsoft Mac software lacks the "Activation" mechanism that
prevents software theft of PC software.

There are discussions about producing a version that does have activation
and could be sold for download, but I am not sure if they are going to do
that or not.

Cheers

On 3/03/09 2:39 PM, in article 59b6e517.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"elikagan@officeformac.com" <elikagan@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Intel
>
> Here it is like 730 and I have a deadline for a design project and I'm forced
> to use the new version of PowerPoint. Fine. I will buy the software, because
> as much as I resent it, I know eventually I will have to buy Office 2008. So I
> go to find out where I can download it. It's possible that I was looking in
> all the wrong places, but to the best of my knowledge it can't be downloaded
> and registered like every other piece of software in the universe.
>
> So here I am. I want to buy your product, and I CAN'T. I'm sure there are
> business reasons for this that make a bunch of sense to you.
>
> FAIL.

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Sydney, Australia.   mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
3/3/2009 8:52:55 AM
Yeah, and full suite downloads - such as Adobe - take more than 4 hours to
d/l plus you pay full retail. Here's a thought: How about your local brick &
mortar vendors? Any store that sells Macs carries Office & many that don't
carry Macs (or computers at all) still carry the software... Or you can
order on-line & pay the premium for overnight delivery.

Good Luck |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/2/09 10:39 PM, in article 59b6e517.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"elikagan@officeformac.com" <elikagan@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Intel
>
> Here it is like 730 and I have a deadline for a design project and I'm forced
> to use the new version of PowerPoint. Fine. I will buy the software, because
> as much as I resent it, I know eventually I will have to buy Office 2008. So I
> go to find out where I can download it. It's possible that I was looking in
> all the wrong places, but to the best of my knowledge it can't be downloaded
> and registered like every other piece of software in the universe.
>
> So here I am. I want to buy your product, and I CAN'T. I'm sure there are
> business reasons for this that make a bunch of sense to you.
>
> FAIL.

SP3 for Windows XP Failed
In reviewing my Windows Update History, I find that Windows XP Service Pack 3 Failed on 08 21 2008, but several Service Pack 3 Updates have downloaded since that date. Two Questions: 1) Why did the SP3 Update Fail, and 2) Why are the updates downloading and installing even though the Service Package Failed? This does not make sense. I just tried again to install it and it stopped downloading. Why? tkb656 wrote: > In reviewing my Windows Update History, I find that Windows XP > Service Pack 3 Failed on 08 21 2008, but several Service Pack 3 > Updates have downloaded sinc...

enable-mailPublicFolder failed
Hello, i am install a Exchange 2007 Server. I have enable a Public Folder as mailenabled. The Mail Public Folder doesnt work. The e-mail is in the Queue with the error: There is currently no route to the mailbox database. Can everbody help me? Thanks Ralf enable-mailpublicfolder "publicfoldername" -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled $false set-mailpublicfolder -identity "publicfoldername" -EmailAddressPolicyEnabled $false set-mailpublicfolder -identity "publicfoldername" -PrimarySmtpAddress "email_publicfoldername" set-mailpublicfolder -identity ...

CRM Server 3.0 setup SHGETFolder Path failed failed
Hi, i have a big problem since 2 days. I am new in MS CRM. I want to setup on my PC. But i coulnt install it. Started the installer under the server logged in as a domain admin,or Administrators.. I got the error as below: "SHGETFolder Path failed failed. For additional details seed logfile C:\documents and settings\administrator.mainoffice\application data\microsoft\mscrm\logs\crm30svrsetup.log" Could you help me. What is that? and how can solve this error? Thank you Serkan ...

Multiple email accounts fail after 6
1) I have a local isp but use a remote web hosting service that provides me with email accounts. I've set up Outlook 2002 to download mail from 6 accounts, but if I try to add any more I get the following error message: "Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'" 2) The remote web hosting service says it is not there problem; many people have more than 10 emails through one web site. 3) The local isp say...

SquarePegWeb.Com lets you Harness the benefits of e-Commerce.
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop In the recent times, e-Commerce has emerged as the most important facet of the Internet and has changed the way people look at online businesses. Getting the right web hosting provider is the most important step when starting eCommerce Business. SquarePegWeb.com strives to put the E in the e-Commerce by making your business make its mark and bring you a whole lot of profits. So how does SquarePegWeb.com make it possible? <br><br>We understand that a website should be designed in a manner...

Backup Exec 10 brick-level backup fails on non-existent mailbox
A client of mine does both brick-level and information store backups nightly using Veritas Backup Exec. Last night's job failed because it tried to access a mailbox listed as a long string of numbers. This is not a valid mailbox, but I can't find a way to de-select it in the backup. Most of the posts I've read simply say not to do brick-level backups, but is there anything else I can do to prevent this from happening? Terry Hartup On 13 Nov 2006 12:07:01 -0800, "Terry Hartup" <terry.hartup@optigram.com> wrote: >A client of mine does both brick-level and info...

The operation failed. The object could not !
As of the last 2 weeks I have seen a flux of people comming to the help desk with this problem. I have searched the knowledge base and the solution offered is to delete the profile and recreate it. This how ever only fixed 2 of about 30 complaints. Out of those 2, 1 has come back and the problem is happening again. What I have discovered. Send and receive button will retun error. f9 will also retun error shift f9 (which checks mail for the imap specifically instead of check all mail) works and doesnt return error. All these systems are windows XP with outlook XP and they all have p...

Search failing
Hi When I search in Outlook it does not find all emails from past is there anyway I can makes sure it does such as by recreating indexes etc or whatever Outlook uses for searching? Thanks Regards Which version of Outlook do you use? What mail account type do you use? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:uVYkU244HHA.58...

RMS and E-commerce
I have a very basic question - we are using v2.0 of the RMS. I had a developer create an XML formatted file of an internet order from our e-commerce software on the webserver. There will be a semi-manual process to move that xml file from the server to my local computer to be processed by the POS - but when I try the CTRL + SHIFT + F10 it is looking for a server to connect to - am I missing somehting basic for this functionality. I thought I would be ready to import these online orders once I had this formatted XML file Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you ...

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
Morning all, For the last two days I've encountered this error in the Exchange logs resulting in Exchange being offline to staff. A restart of the server brings Exchange straight back to life - any ideas? It's Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003. The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0526-...

Why multiple inheritance fails
I have following multiple inheritance logic A / \ B C \ / D here A B and C are pure abstract base classe and D is derived publicly(no virtual inheritance ) from B and C and implements all pure virtual methods of parent classes I am able to call A::Method from D* pD = new D; B* b = pD; C*c = pD; c->method_of_A(); b->method_of_A(); but NOW !! in following scenerio A / \ / \ \ / \ \ B B2 C \ / / \ / / \ / \ /...

Failed to create organization
HI I try to install MS CRM with MSDN Subscriber license. The system returns me : "Failed to provision your initial business" "Failed to create organization" I check services and the one "Crystal APS" isn't started. I try with the Local System account and a error message is returned with no specific error number... I try now with a Domain account, it runs. During the install, when the system ask me with which account I want to start services, I answer a Domain Account... Can the main error message come from this handling ?? I try with the other option...

SaveBarState fails when it is called from a thread #7
Hi, In my application, I use SaveBarState() for persisting control bar state. The code fragment is something like this. void CMainFrame::OnSavePersistance() { SaveBarState(_T("My Persistence")); // Saves some information to an xml file } Since my xml saving takes some time I changed the code to execute in a thread UINT ThreadFn(LPVOID pParam) { CMainFrame* pThis = (CMainFrame*)pParam; pThis->SaveBarState(_T("My Persistence")); return 0; } void CMainFrame::OnCntrlbartst() { AfxBeginThread( ThreadFn, this ); } But, now in the thread function SaveBarState...

eCommerce - eConnect
Hi Does anybody know if there is an out of the box solution for integrating a Commerce Server store front to GP using eConnect like the eCommerce(BDX + Commerce Srever GPToOrderXML pipeline component) solution provided in previous versions. Also, I read in one of the posts about a 'Storefront Integration Bundle' but couldnt find any further information about that here. Anybody know about that? Thanks for the help Hi Sathya, The Storefront Integration Bundle is for customers that have been using a GP add-on called "eCommerce" eCommerce is going the way of the din...

update fails
Every time I try to install KB979906 a MS update for net framework 1.1 sp1 it gets half installed then I hear the HD growl and it fails to install. Keeps coming back as a needed update. Any thoughts? SG Should have mentioned this: running XPpro sp3 with manual update install. This update comes back almost immediately as "updates are ready for your computer" message. "shakey" <NOONE@NOWHERE.NET> wrote in message news:up%23FZp0DLHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Every time I try to install KB979906 a MS update for net framework 1.1 sp1 > i...

RMS vs. Commerce Manager or other e-commerce
is anyone using rms+commerce manager? what is involved with integrating them? updating inventory db, etc. anyone exporting RMS database for use in e-comm carts like osComm or zen-com? thanks for your time, juglesh B>{)} ...

Help
In 2007 I used options Prepare/Analyze to remove properties from a document. I then re-entered the Author property but now whenever I save the property its lost. How can I get around this? Try the following: a. open your document b. uncheck Office Button->Word Options->Trust Center->Trust Center Settings->Privacy Options->"Remove personal information from file properties on save" c. enter your author property and save/close again. Peter Jamieson http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk On 09/12/2009 20:47, DesperateDan wrote: > In 2007 I used options P...

application fails with c0000354
Not sure if this is best ng to post this . I have a vc/mfc application that fails on windows server 2003 with a code of c0000354 . Any ideas on what the error is and how I might correct it ? thanks 0xc0000354 is STATUS_DEBUGGER_INACTIVE. I am not sure when such an error message will be returned. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "chaz" <chaz@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:32B666F5-537E-457F-BADC-355B7201BC75@microsoft.com... > Not sure if this is best ng to post this . I have a vc/mfc application that > fails o...

CDataExchange::Fail() fails
When I try to call CDataExchange::Fail() function in my member I get the following list of errors. <ERRORS> error C2059: syntax error : 'constant' error C2039: 'func1' : is not a member of 'CDataExchange' error C2039: 'func2' : is not a member of 'CDataExchange' error C2039: 'AfxMessageBox' : is not a member of 'CDataExchange' error C2039: 'pDX' : is not a member of 'CDataExchange' </ERRORS> The problematic code is below. <CODE> CFoo::MyDDV( CDataExchange* pDX ) { if( pDX->m_bSaveAndValidate ) { ...

Quicksell commerce?
I look at a article mention about Quicksell Commerce. This article talking about how to Quicksell commerce integrate with webstore. Does anyone know about this? Is it related to RMS? Is RMS able to corporate with this? Thank you very much for any help. QN RMS is the upgraded version of Quicksell Commerce "Phu Nguyen" <phuthuy2328@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23ZVU8ggmGHA.4536@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I look at a article mention about Quicksell Commerce. This article talking >about how to Quicksell commerce integrate with webstore. Does anyone know >a...

fail to do Backup
hi, I have my exchange server not completing the NTbackup. I am suspecting two resons causing that problem: 1- hardware failure with one hardisk out of 4 hardisks (RAID5). 2- an incedent occured to one user that he cannot recieve e-mails due to corruption in the mailbox.. in that case I have exported all the existing e-mails, deleted the mailbox and then created it again. I am recieving errors 747 and 217, and the backup is not working what to do in this case. please help -- Zuhair Attya IT Administrator Bahrain On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 01:55:02 -0800, Zuhair Attya <ZuhairAttya@discussion...

Delete Dups Query Failing
I have a form set up for data entry with a subform linking child records in a different table. In the case where a user closes the form halfway through entering child records then reopens it to finish adding the child records, I don't want to keep the duplicate master record they create when they reenter the information in the controls bound to the master table. So I made a simple find duplicates query, added a "MaxofID" field, and joined it to a delete query that should delete the second instance of the duplicate record. I was going to run this query whenever the form...

Outlook fails to remember password
I currently run Windows XP, with Microsoft Office 2000. Up until a couple of months ago, Outlook would remember my password when checking for new messages. Now if I clck remember password, it doesn't. Through Control Panel, e-mail properties, I have remember password checked, but it won't etain my password. I have also run Outlook's Detect and Repair...still no help. What do you suggest next? Thanks in advance I found the solution on the Microsoft support website. You have to search the Microsoft Knowledge Base. It is article number 235864. If you do not know where...

Administration of Exchange 2000 after 2003 install on the domain is failing!
Setup: Windows 2003 running Exchange 2003 winse-exch1.com PDC (Mixed Mode) Windows 2000 running Exchange 2000 winse-exch1.com Replication DC. The Problem: Ms Exchange Management no longer views the Exchange 2000 server, but all mail seems to still be going to it. I am trying to migrate a mailbox off of the Exchange 2000 setup onto my 2003 setup, and I can no longer acccess the Exchange 2000 box through Exchange system manager! The strange thing is that the Exchange 2000 setup still seems to working for email, so "user1" email is still coming in through outlook, but I can't s...

.NET Security updates fail
Opening a new thread as suggested by PA Bear. OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 running IE8 but Chrome for anything useful. Part on an office network with an SBS2003 domain server. The above updates won't install and fail with error 0x80070643. I have read KB976982 and followed its procedure to remove all .NET versions and replace them in the order 3.5SP1, 1.1, 1.1SP1 followed by Windows update. This has not resolved the problem and the updates sit in my systray, waiting.. I am also running AVG Free and take the view that any AV is better than none. Is there any suggestion that A...