Clipart in textbox Word 2008

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

For newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc. I used to be able to place clipart in a textbox and place it anywhere in a word document, regardless of the format of paragraphs, margins, etc. In Word 2008, the clipart won't "stay" in the textbox (when I move the textbox, the clipart stays behind) and I can no longer manipulate the clipart the way I could in the older version. Also, my old library of clipart is gone - inaccessible to me with Word 2008.

Is it still possible to put clipart in textboxes? Can I get my old clipart library back?

Thank you!
0
Roadboss (4)

Yes, it is possible to put a clipart into a text box.  However, you must
format the clipart layout as "Inline with text" first, so that it 'catches'
the paragraph mark within the text box.

It may help to set Word>Preferences>Edit>Insert/Paste pictures to "Inline
with text" so that they always insert that way.

Your old Clipart Library hasn't gone anywhere (unless you removed the Office
2004 folder).

It's in  /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Clipart

You can use Insert>Picture>Clipart>Import... To bring the items into your
current Clip Gallery.

Cheers

On 25/04/08 7:15 AM, in article ee997fa.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Roadboss@officeformac.com" <Roadboss@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> For newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc. I used to be able to place clipart in
> a textbox and place it anywhere in a word document, regardless of the format
> of paragraphs, margins, etc. In Word 2008, the clipart won't "stay" in the
> textbox (when I move the textbox, the clipart stays behind) and I can no
> longer manipulate the clipart the way I could in the older version. Also, my
> old library of clipart is gone - inaccessible to me with Word 2008.
>
> Is it still possible to put clipart in textboxes? Can I get my old clipart
> library back?
>
> Thank you!

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Nhulunbuy, NT, Australia.  mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

Symbols in Word 2002
I used to use Word 2000, in which it was possible to find medical prescription symbols under Insert/Symbols/Font/Pi6OUP MT. I'm now suing Word 2002 and can't find these prescription symbols (Rx, etc.). Are they present in Word 2002 and, if so, how do I find them? Thank You. I'm not 'suing' Word 2002 ~ I'm 'using" Word 2002. Please excuse my poor typing! "edwardh" wrote: > I used to use Word 2000, in which it was possible to find medical > prescription symbols under Insert/Symbols/Font/Pi6OUP MT. I'm now suing Word >...

Clipart
Hello, I'm using Pub2002 and have inserted two cliparts into a blank publication. I would like to have both arts on top of each other, but with one of them in the back and the other in the foreground? Use the background option, view, master page (ctrl+m) or select the image, on the arrange menu, order, send to back. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Humbertt" <mortolah@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:01e501c360e9$12ad7570$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, I'm using Pub2002 and have inserted two cliparts > into a blank publi...

How to retain consistency in Word Art with mutiple headings
I am in the process of creating an informational page with headings for each subject. Using "Word Art" enables me to produce the text effect I need but when the headings contain a various amount of characters, I can't achieve a consistency in the way they look (height, width, thickness, etc.). I have tried making the Word Art "boxes" the same size but that doesn't solve the problem either. Neither does "spacing over" to make the headings with less characters match the ones with more characters. Has anyone found a solution to this? What versi...

Eliminate last word in a string
I have a long list of names that all contain the word "count" at the end of the string. Example: "XYZ Company Payment Count" I need to eliminate the "Count" from all the rows in the column. Thanks for your help. Hi have you tried to use 'Edit - Replace'. Or is the last word different in each row? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:103c01c4a0ec$8578d0b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a long list of names that all contain the > word "count" a...

Binding a Textbox to a property
I have a property "TotalCost" of type int and a TextBox "tbTotalCost" in the main form "Form1" and was wondering how to bind one to the other tbTotalCost.DataBinding.Add("Text",this.TotalWinnings, erm); First peram. should be Property Name but in the examples Ive seen it usually has "Text". Guessing its because it is the Text property of the TextBox? Second peram. should be object DataSource. That the propery? Third should be DataMember. Erm... Flailing around a bit as you can see. mick "mick" <coughco...

Word replaces ' with symbols
Hi All, We've been having this issue for a few months. Every time we send a Word document from one of our machines, the people who open it on the other end gets the document fine, only all the ' in the document gets changed to a solid block or & symbol. Any ideas? Office 2007 running XP Pro. Thanks for any and all help. Either a regional or most likely a font problem. Are you suing a font not widely available? If so, font substitution is probably the problem. Other possibilities are the document was originally created in WordPerfect? -- Terry Farrell - ...

Clipart #10
When I installed Publisher 2007 it did not download any of the clipart in task pane. When I try to download JPG files from Microsoft site I get this message "Item not collected. Format not supported by Office Clipboard." How do I rectify both problems. -- lindaorinda Download the clip rather than copy. The clip will automatically go into your Organizer. Office 2007 did not ship with much clipart, you have to be online to collect clips. Open the Clip Organizer, Insert, picture, clipart, click Organizer clips... When the Organizer opens, File, Add Clips to Organizer. The Organ...

Entourage saving attachments into word folders
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: Exchange When saving a Word document, I choose Save As, but cannot seem to select a specific folder I wish to save into. Any ideas>? On 4/6/10 1:01 PM, kdjc@officeformac.com wrote: > Exchange When saving a Word document, I choose Save As, but cannot seem > to select a specific folder I wish to save into. Any ideas>? Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or if it�s your User�s folder that contains the problem. Drag a test message to the Shared folder for te...

Sending as attachment from Word
Hi. When 'sending as an attachment' through Word2002, the files attach fine and appear to be sent upon hitting send. I do not have Outlook open at the time. However, I later find the messages with attachment sitting unsent in my outbox in Outlook 2002. This unfortunately is often noted a couple of days after I thought I sent the message. They can then be sent w/no problem upon hitting send directly in Outlook. Any way to really send the message from Word, or do I always have to attach and send files directly from Outlook? Thanks! The key to your answer is in your quest...

is there a downloadable TRIAL of Office 2008?
I can't seem to find a trial of this package. I am unwilling to buy even for home use without a trial. Would iWork 08 be just as good for my imac? <br><br>Thanks In article <ee89192.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, poopsie@officeformac.com wrote: > I can't seem to find a trial of this package. I am unwilling to buy even for > home use without a trial. There are rumors that a downloadable trial version may be available "shortly", though that hasn't been confirmed anywhere that I can find. Check back at MacTopia.com occasionally. In article &l...

how to reduce double spaces in between words (not lines)in word 20
i am using word 2003 and while typing suddenly i noticed that inbetween two words there were double spaces. If i tried to reduce it by pressing delete then the two words become one. Can anyone pls help i know it must be something really simple but i have tried everything(at least that's what i think). Thx 4 ur time. Unless you see two dots between words with nonprinting characters displayed, then you don't actually have two spaces. If your text is justified, then some lines may have very large spaces between words (in the jargon of the trade, these are "loose lines...

Clipart in excel formulas
What's the best way to get a clipart image to show if a certian condition (answer) is met? Hi an easy solution would be to create a hyperlink to this image. e.g. =IF(A1=1,HYPERLINK("c:\temp\test.gif"),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Andyman wrote: > What's the best way to get a clipart image to show if a certian > condition (answer) is met? ...

Cross-reference update problem in Word 2007
My document contains several cross-references to heading numbers. When I Select All and press F9, not all cross-references get updated. (I'm not actually sure that any do get updated.) However, when I select a failing cross-reference individually and press F9, it gets updated properly, even if my selection includes a few characters before and after the actual cross-reference field. This problem is repeatable and happens regardless of which heading cross-reference option I choose: "Heading number", "Heading number (no context)", "Heading number (full ...

Default text in textboxes
I have done this once but don't remember how. The licensee appears in all new textboxes as a default and it can be prevented from appearing, which I would very much like to know how. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks You can use an API call to get the username: Option Explicit Private Declare Function apiGetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias _ "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long Function fOSUserName() As String ' Returns the network login name Dim lngLen As Long, lngX As Long Dim strUserName As String strUserName = String$...

Cannot see Access querry in Microsoft word
I cannot access a Microsoft Access querry when I try to do a mail merge in Microsoft Word. (Microsoft Office 2003) See response in the mailmerge fields newsgroup -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Guy Delaney" <delaney@unitedsolution.net> wrote in message news:e7ccT6hnKHA.5700@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I cannot access a Microsoft Access querry when I try to do a mail merge in > Microso...

Need help developing a Excel VBA Macro to Vaildate data entered into a textbox
I am collecting data from users in a Excel spreadsheet. To ensure all the required fields are filled out, I have created a userform that loads on opening of the spread sheet. Currently there are three Textboxes a command button writes the data to the sheet and highlights in pink any not filledout. I need a higher level of data vaildation on the two other text boxes. Textbox2 must contain an email address (checking for hyperlinked content is probably the easiest way to vaildate for this) Textbox3 must contain only a 9 digit numerical number Option Explicit Dim y As Long Con...

SSSSLOW Word 11.2.3
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3229013143_861403 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi Folks, I've been using MS Word for Mac since 2003. It as worked well. But recently I've be getting spinning beach balls , hanging, force quit etc. It is very frustrating. E-rage is working good. Any suggestions? Office 11.2.3 Mac OS 10.4.6 iMac, G5, 2 Gigs ram 150G HD ( 86G Available) John Chavez Los Angeles, CA --B_32290131...

Downgrade version of Money 2008
I have purchased Money 2008 Plus Home & Buisness and I no longer need the buisness portion of the application. Is there any way that I could downgrade to the Home Deluxe edition with out being charged? Nope. Unless you bought the package in the last 30 days you will just have to carry on using it but ignore the Business features. If in the future you buy a non-Business version you will get nags about losing functionality but you can just ignore them. If you did buy in the last 30 days you can return for a refund but you will then have to buy Deluxe. IMHO not worth the hassle. -- ...

downloadable clipart background
After I download a clipart and insert into my document, how do I get rid of the white background behind the artwork that shows up. -- Robindesigns RW wrote: > After I download a clipart and insert into my document, how do I get > rid of the white background behind the artwork that shows up. ==================================== What program are you using for your document? -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that wo...

2004 vs 2008
Hi everyone, Ok... I have 22 licenses of Office 2004 and use the disk given to me by Microsoft Open Licensing. I need to purchase more licenses, but I have come to the conclusions that office 2008 is not worth it. I really don't want to deal with the issues that I have been seeing in 2008 and am wondering: 1) If I purchase Office 2008 Standard Edition, and keep it on the shelf, and simply install 2004, will that take care of the licensing issue? 2) Will I be forced to 2008, with MS simply not fixing bugs in 2004, and then have to install a inferior product simply because it will run...

How do I create my own clipart?
I have my own design that I would like to turn into clipart. How can I do that? Did you make the design in Publisher? What version? In 2002-03, select all the objects, right-click, click save as a picture. Save using .wmf or .emf. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mike G." <MikeG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAE37EEF-8D79-4129-8DAE-0DC3A70EF641@microsoft.com... >I have my own design that I would like to turn into clipart. How can I do > that? ...

SBS 2008 standard outgoing fax busy signal retry fail
I have installed a brand new SBS 2008 stnd server with a Mainpine Iq express 2 port Fax Board. I rcv faxes with no problems. However when I send i get Line Busy. I have had the lines tested. ( Mainpine suggestion ) as they thought it may be noisey line. however Fax machines this would replace work fine on same line. Phone company tested lines and they are clean. I have had Main pine login and install the latest firmware. This also did not resolve issue. I have also removed this card and installed it in My sbs2003 and it works with no issue. (same server hardware) I have looked on...

Creating a template in Word 2000
where can i find an on line video that walks one through the process of creating a new template. Also, how to populate a template with boxes to import a photo into it. Also to create boxes (fields) to accept keyboard entry. Is there an on line document that i can print that covers those questions. I am a novice to templates, havn't created 1 yet. thanks dan See the article "Creating a Template – The Basics (Part I)” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm See the article "Creating a Template (Part II)” at: http://www.word.mvps.or...

Clipart
Hi, When I attempt to insert clipart via word / powerpoint, I get the message "Datebase Open Failure- Attempt to open database file Clip Gallery User Database Failed". I am using OSX and Microsoft Office 2004...it worked before... Sounds like a file has become corrupted. Use the 'remove office' utility at /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office/Remove Office to remove all the application files, then re-install from the CD. Don't forget to apply all updates using the Office Update function after re-installing. -- Barry Wainwright Microsoft...

Word 2003 vs Word 2003 !
Need help with this one...I have a user who is creating a flyer for our company. He is running XP tablet pc edition and office basic 2003. The brochure looks great on his laptop. When he emailed it to another co-worker for review, the autoshape with text he had placed at the top of the doc was ot displayed correctly, the text in the autoshape was not completely visible. The co-worker is running XP pro with office basic 2003. Both of these systems are patched fully, they do not have different settings for the application (as far as I can find anyway). The differences are the OS ve...