OS 10.4 with current updates.  Installed a TTF using the Font Book and it
shows there correctly.  But when going into Word for example, type in text,
highlight it, click on the font format and the new font that was installed
will not show in the list.  I have already tried deleting the font cache,
then rebooting and reinstalling the font thru the Font Book and just manually
copying to the /Library/Fonts folder.

Althought it sounds like you may already be aware of what it refers to,
below is an excerpt from;

http://www.macreviewzone.com/archive/hardcider/guestreviews/swope/osx_fonts.shtml
In an ideal world, in addition to installing classic font formats into
Classic (OS 9.1), you should be able to install classic fonts and .dfonts in
OS X in several places. To install fonts into OS X, it is easiest to drop
your .dfont, TrueType, PostScript and Bitmap fonts into either of the last
two choices, or for widest availability, your TrueType, PostScript and
Bitmap fonts into the last choice. That's all there is to it:

1. /System/Library/Fonts (read-only default system .dfont, TrueType and
PostScript fonts)

2. /Network/Library/Fonts (site-specific .dfont, TrueType and PostScript
fonts accessible through a corporate LAN/WAN)

3. /Library/Fonts (machine-specific .dfont, TrueType and PostScript fonts
not part of the set of default system fonts but available to all users when
they log into OS X)

4. /Users/*User*/Library/Fonts (user-specific .dfont, TrueType and
PostScript fonts available only to that user when he/she is logged into OS
X)   5. /System/Fonts (TrueType and PostScript fonts that will be available
to both OS X and Classic applications at the same time)

If you are installing as suggested, the problem may be that, although
TrueType, the fonts may not be Mac-compatible. IOW, if you copied them from
a PC they most likely won't be usable on the Mac & vice-versa.
--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

"scrollsaw22" <scrollsaw22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> OS 10.4 with current updates.  Installed a TTF using the Font Book and it
> shows there correctly.  But when going into Word for example, type in
> text,
> highlight it, click on the font format and the new font that was installed
> will not show in the list.  I have already tried deleting the font cache,
> then rebooting and reinstalling the font thru the Font Book and just
> manually
> copying to the /Library/Fonts folder.

0
CyberTaz

Mail folder fonts for received email
In Outlook 2003, is there a way to globally change the font for all received emails listings, not the font of the message? I know how to change them individually under VIEW, ARRANGE BY, CUSTOM and then change the fonts under OTHER SETTINGS and AUTOMATIC FORMATTING. When I make a change, it only affects one folder, not all the others. Should this be changing all, not just the current one? -- Neil Create a custom view with your preferred font settings, and make it available to all mail folders. Then when you go to each folder, set that view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *...

an error occured while installing microsoft crm folders 08-20-04
I installed microsoft CRM 1.2 on a windows 2000 advanced server which is just a member server. I have a windows 2000 DC and I have Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook client software installed on another server. But whenever I launch outlook the program comes up with this error "an error occured while installing microsoft crm folders" Pls what could be the problem. Thanks ...

I cant see emails coming in anymore.
I used to push send/receive and a box would come up telling me 'Receiving 8 of 40 emails' with a green bar going across the centre. Once the emails are received the box goes. If I push send/receive nothing happens. If I push it say, 10 times, again nothing happens. Once all the emails are thru the box that used to come up, than flashes up 10 times, but by than its a little late. Does anyone know how to get the box back? I would really appreciate it... KR Mick. I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group My problem is likely the same as a lot ...

Not able to see all data but can see on another computer
Hi, I am using SAP application and if i retrive the excel file from SAP i can see only 48 lines where as i should see 110 lines but if i opened that same excel file in another computer then i can see all lines (110 Lines) i don't know why its happening. Can anyone help on this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Harish ...

Query to Access : does'nt see tables
Office 2000 SP3 FR From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables. I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message (translated) : "This data source does'nt have any visible table". Original in French : "Cette source de donn´┐Żes ne contient aucune table visible." I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the error message appears again. How to resolve this problem ? Jacques. Gotcha ! MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside ! Example : MyFile.mdb --> Ok My.File.mdb --> "...

IE8 installer starts automatically. IE8 is already installed.
I tried to help a neighbor who had filled up the hard drive on her 2002 HP computer. I uninstalled Arcsoft, which freed up 500MB. But during startup an IE8 install wizard starts automatically -- which I cancel. When I load IE to access the Internet, [help][about] indicates the current version is already IE8. Should I let the automatic installer continue? Does the attempt of IE8 installer to run automatically mean their is a problem? Advice will be appreciated, Stan Hilliard You may be confusing the IE8 "RunOnce" or "Welcome screen" with an attempt to (re...

Installing Business Portal, done, but issues
I've just installed BP 2.0...install went clean. However now when I try to access the site for the first time, I get an Invalid User error (Server Error in '/' Application. Invalid user.) I did change the bp accont to use as per the installation instructions to the "Network Service" account. Do I need to setup or add the actual users somewhere else first? I did not install the sample users. I was able to sort of login with the local server account, which is what I used to install the product. But most of the web parts show errors like the above. Chris, Wh...

Increase notes font, text doesn't autofit into placeholder
In the Notes Master page, I resized text to 24-point so that I can actually see the notes when standing up. The notes (outside of Notes Master) resizes alright, but the autofit-text option is disabled. I don't relish the idea of going through each slide page to turn it back on. Neither do I enjoy the prospect of having to do this repeatedly whenever I change font sizes. Is there a switch or text box property I can set in the Notes Master page to turn on the switch by default for all the slide pages? I can manually override (if ever needed) on a page-by-page basis. I am usi...

Problem with re-installing Office Home and Student 2007
I am trying to re-install Office 2007 after a hard drive failure. When I run the setup programme I get the message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working". Can anyone help me with a way to overcome this? "makkih" <makkih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5BE1BE5-14DB-42F8-9BBC-AED3573FBFB8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to re-install Office 2007 after a hard drive failure. When I > run > the setup programme I get the message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has > stopped working". Can anyone help me with...

How to see my mail queue?
Hi there, I have a Exchange 2000 running on Windows 2000 server. Could you please tell me how to monitor my emails in my mail queue? I can't find a location on the Windows to see the mail queue status. Thanks in advance, Ross To view the mail queues follow these steps: 1. Open system manager, Navigate down to the following location Your organization --> Administrative groups --> Your Admin group --> Servers --> Your Server --> Protocols --> SMTP --> SMTP virtual server --> Queues You should then see all the smtp queues and monitor mail. thanks, J. ...

Missing Delete Option when Right-Clicking in Start/Programs
A friend told me he has some programs appearing in his program listings on the Start menu that are not installed and he would like to remove these references. I told him to select Start/Programs, find the program, do a right-click, and select Delete (which works for me). He said he does not have the Delete option when doing this. How can the Delete option be reinstated there? you might try right clicking on the start button which will take you to the physical folders where the icon files is stored. if you still can't delete them via the explore, then perhaps it is the ...

CRM Install Problems
Greets All. I'm trying to install CRM server from the MS Action Pack on SBS2k. I think I have all the prerequisites taken care of, SQL installs fine, exchange installs ok and even CRM seems to be happy...it even gets to where it's removing installation files. But then, at the very end...BAM! "Failed to install Mircrosoft Customer Relationship Mangement Server. Failed to provision your initial business. Failed to create organization. Unknown error. (80041A04)" Anyone run into this one and have some pointers? Also on a side note, I kind of inherited a preexisting d...

I see you
Well, not really, but I used Google Earth to zoom in on the Flatiron Building. You can get so close you can see the utilities on the roof, the hydrants on the street, the little parkish area across 5th Avenue, etc etc. Cool! Now tell me where your office is (like where is Peter's window, what floor and facing what street). Google Earth lets you zoom in all directions so I'll be able to turn the map to see that window. Silly I know but still a connection on some level. Pats looked good but not great last night. I didn't watch much more of the game. I'm not sold on ...

To See or Not To See
I have copied a few tables of text from a web page into Excel. Some of the information contain word that are hyperlinks or email addresses. Is there a way to change those columns of information to reveal the web address or email address? Thanks So is it just displaying plaintext currently? Have you seen this information from the Help Menu? When you make changes to the Hyperlink and Followed Hyperlink styles, your changes apply to all hyperlinks (hyperlink: Colored and underlined text or a graphic that you click to go to a file, a location in a file, a Web page on the World Wide Web...

have nntp installed, not obvious how to use
can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how to setup oe to use the nntp bridge? Any link available? pjp wrote: > can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how to setup oe to use the > nntp bridge? Any link available? First two Google hits: http://connect.microsoft.com/Microsoftforums/ http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/ https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx pjp wrote: > can't seem to find anywhere that tells me how to setup oe to use the nntp > bridge? Any link available? http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/h...

E12 unable to see storage groups through EX MMC
We've been running E12 in a test environment for about 1 month and just today ran into a situation where the storage groups for a server are no longer visible from the console on that machine. If we view the server from a console on a different EX server we see all storage groups and stores. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks can you list the storage groups and stores from the shell (EMS) on that server? did you try restarting EMC? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- &quo...

Install only 5.5 admin tools in 2003 Server
How can i install administration tools of exc5.5 in 2003 Server platform? There is not need of server files installation. I put the cd but it don't let me install anything from the autorun menu. It shows me "Exchange 5.5 is not compatible with W2003". Is there any way to install them not from autorun menu? executing some setup.exe or so? or downloading them from any place? Thanks for your support in advance. On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 02:41:04 -0800, "ItoA" <ItoA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can i install administration tools of exc5.5 in 2003 Serve...

Ms office home and student 2007 installation problem
I did system recovery for my window vista for my desk-top, it was a successfully done, after that i tried to install "Ms office home and student 2007"; it ask for product key; i keyed in properly and complete the installation, but could not find and run "office"product. I tried to reinstall a few more times, but still same result; not working. I try again, it prompt two message; the 1) "Ms setup boostrapper" and 2) "setup error: e:\home student.ww\osetup.dll" . Pls give me instructions to install it. Note: this desktop come with a prel...

Reg:Interrupt Programming
Hi, I'm very new to Interrupt programming, can you please give me some ground up and how to read the Interrupts ets. Prakash. you r talking about DOS programming?or windows MFC programming? SivaprakashShanmugam wrote: > Hi, > > I'm very new to Interrupt programming, can you please give me some ground up > and how to read the Interrupts ets. > > Prakash. Not possible in a Windows program. Not relevant in an MFC newsgroup. Get a Windows device driver book and the Microsoft DDK (Device Driver Kit). -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] You have to learn to wr...

Nice seeing all of you hopefully I see you in the other forum
really I just wanted to get the last post in prior to it closing today :) ...

Changing fonts with a formula
Is there any way to change the font of a cell using conditional formats or a formula that will specify the font? It appears that conditional formats cannot be used to change the cell font in Excel 2007. Is this correct? If not, is there a function similar to the TEXT() function that would allow a user to insert text in a cell in a specific font and size? In a word, no. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Blue Max" <mailrichard@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23lkXpcf4KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to change the font of ...

Windows Installer
Hello, For the first-time, I am trying to build an installation program using VS. In the past, I always used Installshield. The problem I am having , is the application icons are displayed correctly on the desktop and on the program menu. Howevet, when the icons are clicked the application does not start, but displays the content of the Application folder. How do I get the icons to start the application, and not display the content of the Application folder? TIA, -jc Hello, I stumbled across the answer to my question. First, you create a shortcut using the exe file, (t...

how do you recover from a failed installation
how do you recover from a failed installation Which version were you running initially and which version failed to install? Was this an inplace upgrade or are you looking to clean up the AD and machine after an attempt to install the first Exchange server? -- Cheers, Steve Antonio Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only. "jason" <jdhaliwal@clientserv.com> wrote in message news:D03DD45E-E5E2-4E5B-A9F1-7919281C0A...

To install IMF, do you need to install Exchange Server 2003 with SP2?
As per the subject please, in order to get IMF on a gateway server, is a full install of Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 required, and the IMF component selected? Or is there just an IMF application I can choose to install without having to have another exchange 2003 server? thanks. On 27 Oct 2006 05:31:07 -0700, stokefan@gmail.com wrote: >As per the subject please, in order to get IMF on a gateway server, is >a full install of Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 required, and the IMF >component selected? > >Or is there just an IMF application I can choose to install without >ha...

Can I see My Calendar as others see it
Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? no. Your permission levels are greater. Why do you want to be able to? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "laurelpowellcochrane" <laurelpowellcochrane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46AD6AD8-5B97-4D06-9F73-2D212B626E05@microsoft.com... > Can I view my calendar as if I am viewing it by someone with whom I share? ...