Cannot load Shared libraries Office 2004 on new MacBook

I have just upgraded my laptop to a new Macbook.

When i try to open any office app. (Word, excel, etc.) i get a 'cannot
load MS office shared libraries' error message.
I think i uninstalled the office trail before installing the full
version. I can't remember. But either way i have uninstalled both, and
have tried to re-install the Full version like 3 times.
I have also repaired the permissions, and restarted.
I have also downloaded the update and tried to install that, hoping
that it would fix the problem, but it won't let me install it saying,
'installer could not locate the correct version of the software
required to install this update'.

My system stats are:
Mac OS X 10.4.10
2.16Ghz Intel core Duo

I have looked at some of the other discussions and tried to find a
solution, but no luck.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
               Jade.

On 8/11/07 8:17 PM, in article
1186888645.410410.270500@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "Kingsley"
<jadecherry@mac.com> wrote:

> When i try to open any office app. (Word, excel, etc.) i get a 'cannot
> load MS office shared libraries' error message.
> I think i uninstalled the office trail before installing the full
> version. I can't remember. But either way i have uninstalled both, and

Did you use "Remove Office" or did you just drag to the trash? I recommend
using "Remove Office".

> have tried to re-install the Full version like 3 times.
> I have also repaired the permissions, and restarted.
> I have also downloaded the update and tried to install that, hoping
> that it would fix the problem, but it won't let me install it saying,
> 'installer could not locate the correct version of the software
> required to install this update'.

Removing the test drive can be troublesome, but your symptoms don't sound
like this is the cause of your problems.

First try downloading the combo updater from Apple and run it again rather
than using Software Update. Doing so overwrites potentially problem-causing
files. Use "Remove Office" and re-install and update Office. If this does
not work, you will need to do an Archive & Install of the OS.

More on the shared libraries error:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/text.html#sharedlib>

Mac OS X 10.4.10 Combo Update (PPC)
<http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/macosx10410combo
updateppc.html>

Mac OS X 10.4.10 Combo Update (Intel)

<http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/macosx10410combo
updateintel.html>

More info on why applying the combo updater helps:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/combo.html>
--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

diane7495 (1195)

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, I get "loading network card information ...error provider load failure" = when I go and use systeminfo.exe . How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01CA7D92.03F9F310 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&qu...

Make values stay put in established record & reset in new record?
I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go to a new record. Some more info would help us to help you. How are you going to a new record? A button you put on the form? the new record button on the navigation buttons at bottom left of form? What does the value show instead of $0.00 when you go to a new record? Are there any other values that don't reset when you go to a new record? Jeanette Cunningham "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B39F82B9-43E2-4B9A-8F9B-C64B46240857@microsoft.com... > I'm having a...

OWA (Not Loading)
Does anyone know of any issues with Satellite Service and the right side of OWA not loading. The left side loads but the user cannot see anything on the right. OWA works from any other connection. Thanks, KG ...

SOS,how to load a invalid or damaged .gif file to create Image Object.
hi everyone. my question is this:how to load a .gif image file that is invalid or damaged image format? Notice,I want to load the invalid damaged image file to operate it. my code is below,but all of they are not correct. -------- 1.Image.FromFile(fileName);load from a file directly,it throws a OutOfMemoryException.In msdn,it's mean the file is a invalid image format. 2.Image.FromStream(stream);load from stream,it throws a ArgumentException. -------- ps:IE and Google Picasa can load and display the damaged .gif file correct. Or there is any other methods to operate the i...

sharing calendars
Though the title sounds like it sould be in the Outlook or SBS posts, it actually a question about Exchange 2003. I have fifteen email accounts on a mail server I just implemented, fourteen users are located in the Domain/MyBusiness/Users/SBSUsers that list all domain users and one test account located in the Domain/MyBusiness/Users that lists Domain Admin, Power Users, individual users etc. Only my test account displays "share my calendar" in outlook, all other don't. All users are in AD. The email server is individual from my DC 2003 SBS. Is this a scenario where the fo...

MONEY 2004 #46
INSTALLED MONEY 2004 OLD MACHINE WORKS WELL. BOUGHT NEW MACHINE LOADED DISK ON NEW MACHINE NO PROBLEM WENT TO LOAD BACKUP FROM FLOPPY TO NEW MACHINE AND MONEY WONT TAKE ANY OF MY OLD ENTRIES CANNOT REENTER 2 YEARS OF DATA TO THE NEW INSTALL ON NEW MACHINE OLD MACHINE WAS UPGRADED FROM MONEY 2001 TO 2002 TO 2003 TO 2004 NO PROBLEMS BUT NOW CANNOT GET DATA FROM PAST YEARS ONTO SAME PROGRAM ON NEW MACHINE jj2297@alliancelink.com NOT SHOUTING and using punctuation might increase the odds you get help from someone. Also amplifying on "Money won't take any of my old entries" w...

Installing Office 2007 sp2
because of lack of space, the installation of sp2 failed for a few times. finally, it did by releasing some space. but i find there are a few msp files (different names) with same size (335,018KB) in this folder - C:\WINDOWS\Installer i think they are the installer file of sp2, same file with different names. as the space is very limited, can i remove them? Thanks. tony If you have less than 15% free space on your Win drive, then Win is not going to run properly and you will have all sorts of problems Time for a new HD or second slave drive? "Tony WONG&qu...

Shared worksheet and SAMBA
Hi Does anyone use SAMBA to allow users to access shared excell file and then save the changes ? ...

Some shared calendars do not reflect updates
Strange problem in Outlooks 2007 with Exchange 2007 hosted by Intermedia.net. We have a collection of resource accounts (meeting rooms) with shared calendars that we do bookings against. Some of these calendars refuse to update from cache unless we force an update with Shift+F9. Everything works fine if we turn off Cached Exchage Mode, of course, but operation becomes painfully slow. Deleting and rebuilding the .ost file does not help. Anyone else experiencing this? ...

Error loading CRM 3.0 Client with Outlook
I receive error message "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM Functionality" when starting Outlook with CRM 3.0 client installed. I have uninstalled CRM, Office, and cleaned the register using Register Mechanic. I am now getting the same error with an event error "A problem occurred initializing Microsoft CRM COM interopt". Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. I have the exact same issue has anyone found a solution to this? I am running all avialable updates on both Office 2003 and XP Pro, I DO NOT have the Business Contact Manager for Outlook installed. "rtop...

loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no
loading web application project suddonly takes 5 mintues and says "Contacting server to open Web project.." wile it takes 5 minutes to load. how to fix? i tried reregistering asp.net and iisreset. no progres. ...

What happened to my out of office reminder?
In Outlook 2003, I used to get a reminder when I started Outlook and I had been out of the office (out of office turned ON). Now all I get is a barely noticeable task bar note. This is becoming a major pain. I've gone days back int he office before someone has to remind me to turn off my out of office. So, what happened to the pop-up reminder that your Out of Office is on and how do I get it back? It's gone from outlook 2007 because you can set Outlook to turn it off at a specific time. What version of Exchange server do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Word Will Not Render From Doc Library (Check This Out)
So I am fighting a rather annoying issue that I have never seen before in over 100 deployments Environment: MOSS ENT (fully patched), Small Farm, Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Problem: When clicking on a docx file within any document library word opens and renders html from the intranet homepage....weird. What is stranger to me is when I "hover" over the doc and right click- >properties-> copy and paste the URL into a browser it correctly renders. The difference between the two URLs is: 1. Right click->properties has the %20 inserted in the spaces 2. Dir...

Font for Win Office compatible with Mac Office?
I have some new fonts installed for Win Office 2007. Are they compatible with Mac Office 2004 if I copy them to my Mac? Are there any free download at Microsoft or elsewhere, which are for Mac Office? Thanks. In article <C215982A.57FB%charles@nospam.com>, Charles Leung <charles@nospam.com> wrote: > I have some new fonts installed for Win Office 2007. Are they compatible > with Mac Office 2004 if I copy them to my Mac? Are there any free download > at Microsoft or elsewhere, which are for Mac Office? Thanks. Hi Charles! The only types of fonts that you can use ...

What do I load ?
Hello. I'm trying to develop a web comsuming client using VS.NET 2003(VB), .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322, WSE2.0 on a WinXP Pro Sp2 comuter. If i comsume this web service: https://xatanet.net/xatanetwebservice/tripexportservice.asmx and do this operation: RetrieveArchivedTrips using: Dim strDate As Date = "2006-04-01" Dim endDate As Date = "2006-04-28" proxy.RetrieveArchivedTrips(strDate, endDate) What do I load when i use the following statements in my program: Dim doc as XmlDocument = new XmlDocument() doc.Load() Any...

Debug image fails to load.
Hi, I created an OS design with KITL, Kernel debugger enabled in Debug mode. But when i try to load the image to the CEPC it fails to boot. I am attaching the log here. ------ SERIAL PORT LOG starts ----------- Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader Common Library Version 1.0 Built Dec 9 2002 18:35:13 Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Windows CE Ethernet Bootloader 3.3 for CE/PC (Feb 6 2003) Boot Args @ 0x1F136 and ucLoaderFlags is 1 PCI Device Configurations (3 PCI bus(es) present)... ======================================================== Bus, Devi...

Click on a link and a picture loads in cell depending on which link you have clicked
Hello If I have five links in cells A1:A5 with peoples names. How can get... e.g. If I click on Bill in A2 then a picture of Bill loads in cell D1 an then click Mark and a picture of Mark loads in D1. Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not sure what you mean by link in A1 through A5, but I'd try it this way: Put all 5 pictures on the worksheet and position them where you want them. Name them to match the values in A1:A5. Select the picture for Bill and then type Bill in the name box (to the left of the formulabar) and hit enter. After all 5...

How can I uninstall MS Office software from an imac running OS X?
Entourage, for example. It's broken. I need to remove the program to reinstall and don't know how to remove software , this in particular, from my iMac running OS X Hi If you are using Entourage 2001, then head to Mactopia and download the uninstaller - don't use the one from the CD as it doesn't do a thorough job. If you are using Entourage X then use the uninstaller from the CD. If you re-install, be sure to re-install the value pack options followed by rebuilding the desktop file (OS9) or running Disk Utility First Aid Repair Permissions (OSX). Before you go to this e...

Office for Mac licensing question
I have an older Power Mac that runs Office 2001 for Mac on OS 9.1. I want to keep the older Mac and still use Office 2001 on it. I also want to get a new Mac (G4 probably) and run Office V. X on OS 10.3. Do I need to purchase a full-up version of Office V. X to install on the new Mac or can I purchase the Office V. X upgrade version instead? If I can get by with an upgrade, do I need to install Office 2001 on the new Mac and then uninstall Office 2001 after the upgrade is completed (since Office 2001 is running another Mac)? I basically want to run both Macs at the same time (an olde...

Migrating Money 2006 to a new computer
Migrating my Money 2006 to a new computer. Installed Money 2006; as soon as I opened it up, it downloaded my online file, but everything is a complete mess - for example, one account I now have four copies of, and when I go to merge duplicates, none of the four is available for for merging. Brought back as new accounts I paid off and closed three years ago. I have a backup file from the old computer, but will it even work, if everytime I go online, it overwrites my good file with all this crap? There's ten years worth of data in here, and now it's a shambles. I can't believe i...

Hi I am logged on as Domain administrator and have installed Office 2000 twice over.. I am getting the following error, and I have put it into Microsoft Support but it comes up with nothing. The error is "Unknown Error 0xAF54011D You Do not have permission to log on" any Ideas thanks It helps telling where you get this error and where you are trying to connect to. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "News" <sasa@sdfad.com> wrote in message ...

Sharing an .OST file
I have a group email mailbox set up that several people access. It resides on our server, which limits the amount of space available and thus, limiting the amount of messages that can be kept in it. I would like to set up a .PST or .OST file on a shared drive on our network that everyone can access. I want everyone to be able to access the inbox, sent folder, etc without any limitations, and perfectly in sync. Am I on the right track thinking about an .OST file on a shared drive? Does anyone know how this can be done or if it's even possible? Thanks AKKGFK <nospam@dejazzd.com...

Office XP PRO Outlook missing pstprx.dll and will not start
I just purchased Office XP Pro and it installs fine, but when I launch OutLook, I get an error message that OutLook cannot continue because it cannot find file: <pstprx.dll> or that the file is not configured properly. I have asked our IT people and several other knowledgeable tech support folks and no one seems to know why this is happening. I am running a P4 Intel chip, with 512 memory, with a big hard drive and Windows XP Home. I was able to install and run all office elements on my P4 laptop with no problem using the same CD. Thanks for any help PS: If possible, send any sug...

no more new fonts
Hi all One of my colleagues has a workbook with 110 charts in it, he has made some mofications and updated ranges etc and now receives the error 'no more new fonts can be added to this workbook'. I have found a kb article on this - Q215573 and performed all workarounds as detailed but the problem persists. It appears that it will not let me remove the Autoscale option. I have tried removing it manually and using the code to remove from all charts in workbook to no avail. It states 110 charts have been amended but when you look at the format font tab again the Autoscale option i...

Ev�nements Load et Unload
Quelqu'un peut-il me dire pourquoi je n'arrive pas � s�lectionner les �v�nements Load et Unload dans la partie droite de mon UserForm (et ce qu'il faut faire). (Je n'ai pas d'�v�nements Load et Unload dans la partie droite de ma liste, la partie gauche ayant le nom UserForm). D'avance merci, Jean-michel ...