cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document (OS X, Office 2004)

I just bought my first Mac ever (Mac Mini with OS X) and installed a
fresh Office 2004 into it.

However, I cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document,
which I use a lot.

First i get a message saying something like "cannot find server
PowerPoint.Slide.8" (I run the Swedish version so I have translated the
error mess to english here)

If I start Powerpoint manually and then doubleclick again on the
ppt-object in Word it also fails, but then the mess is something like
"cannot edit PowerPoint.Slide.8"

Somebody said that there could be a clash between some free Test Drive
version of Office that I didn't even notice before installing the real
Office. So I have tried in several ways to remove both versions and
re-install.

When I have succeeded the best with the uninstall, no file catalog for
Office have remained and trash is empty. However I have never been able
to get rid of the Office icons in Dock (although when clicking them
they do not work and displays a "?"). But when even so, after reinstall
from the CD, the problem remains.

I must say, this is not what I expected from the Mac (even though I
suppose the main problem is Microsoft's) I thought the structure of OS
X should be hardened against this kind of stuff. These specific
problems, I've never had on the PC (although other problems).

0
ekvator78 (1)

in article 1110558406.719699.302980@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, S Olson at
ekvator78@gmail.com wrote on 05/03/11 08:26:

> I just bought my first Mac ever (Mac Mini with OS X) and installed a
> fresh Office 2004 into it.
>
> However, I cannot edit powerpoint objects embedded in a word document,
> which I use a lot.
>
> First i get a message saying something like "cannot find server
> PowerPoint.Slide.8" (I run the Swedish version so I have translated the
> error mess to english here)

I was not aware that this feature was broken for Microsoft Office (such as
PowerPoint) files also, but I am not surprised.  This is related to the next
message I am about to post, subject "Embedded Objects are now available..."

We need a lot of people to complain loudly to Microsoft about this.

0
jerry6407 (7)

How to open embedded documents in excel cells?

Money 2004 Premium Loading
Newly acquired 2004, presently using Money 2000 on XP. Would prefer to load 2004 using a new start date and account balances, payees, etc. Should I (can I?)unload 2000 to prevent file corruption and then start 2004? Learned suggestions very much appreciated! In microsoft.public.money, fkiinc anonymous@earthlink.net wrote: >Newly acquired 2004, presently using Money 2000 on XP. >Would prefer to load 2004 using a new start date and >account balances, payees, etc. Should I (can I?)unload >2000 to prevent file corruption and then start 2004? >Learned suggestions very muc...

Office 2000 small business HELP
My office 2000 program will not open any files after upgrading to windows 7 It starts then tells me it cannot access the file will look for a soloution but never finds one. Will the upgrade for 2007 office suite small business work with out problems or do I have to buy the new program for 450.00 versus the upgrade for around 250.00. I don't want to purchase the upgrade and have problems. But I don't want to spend twice the money on the entire new program either. Will my old files open and work with either the upgrade or the new program, such as publisher, and word labels ect...

November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5
Hello. Over the last few weeks my Exchange 5.5 SP4 server has been crashing mysteriously. The Information Store crashes and after I reboot the server everything is fine again. We have a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that there is a November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5 which appears to address this issue. How can I tell if the network administrator before me applied this update to the server? Would it be listed under ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks. On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:51:51 -0500, "Corbin O'Reilly&q...

editting auto recovery

BOM & Edit List

Display Knowledge Base object in Microsoft CRM 3.0 Outlook Client
I am trying to display the KB object in CRM according to the following article: http://www.workopia.com/howto/DisplayKnowledgeBaseOutlookClient.htm I found another note to the above link that states there are two entries that needed to be modified and I made them both. But have still had no luck. Does anyone know how to make this work? TIA Larry ...

how can I open *.php documents in Publisher or Works 8?
I now have a PC running WP Home edition, with Office 2003 Small Business edition. Works 8 was pre-installed on the PC. How can I open *.php documnents?? Publisher can save in this format but won't open the old documents in this format. You can't. The format .php is for Home Publishing, not Publisher. And I don't know what renegade version of Publisher you have but my copy of Publisher 2003 does not have the ability to save as a .php . -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve Narbrough" <Steve Narbrough@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Office mac 2008 : Wrong Key entered
I entered by mistake the same product key than the one used by my daughter on her macbook the day before. Now, the installation is completed on my macbookpro but the system doesn't allow me to use it because another mac on the network is using the same product key (the one from my daughter) I removed the office pack on the macbookpro but it doesn't change. What can I do to be allowed to use the other product key/license I received in the office 2008 box. Thanks to help. Apple Pasedena can not help me !!!!! Thanks for your support. On 3/4/08 7:20 PM, in article ee8fc28.-1@webcrossing.c...

OFFICE 2007 ENTERPRISE english version
I have an original CD with OFFICE 2007 ENTERPRISE hebrew version. In order to install the english version (menu/toolbars in english but all the documents features available in both languages) i asked from the vendor for and I get a supplementary CD (MS-OFFICE-ENG-SLP). How can I install the software, the hebrew OFFICE first and after that the english kit or invers? Thank's - Niki Here you will find the Phone numbers and email addresses as to where and whom to contact about Office Enterprise and your issue. Scroll down to the bottom of page to North America or to the nearest s...

out of office reply
Hi, In spite of removing the OOO, iam still getting the message. also renamed the profile,no luck. Can anyone suggest me further steps Can you toggle the setting via Outlook Web Access? Other than that, it would be helpful if you posted what version of Microsoft Outlook and Exchange as the problem might be server side rather than the client software. "Ajay Valeth" <valeth_ajay@cms.com> wrote in message news:%2396bKNYbKHA.4780@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In spite of removing the OOO, iam still getting the message. also renamed > the p...

runtime error when starting money 2003 or 2004..
I tried to upgrade from 2003 standard to 2004 deluxe. Installation finished without problems or messages but when I tried to open Money 2004 I got a C++ runtime error "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information". I decided to go back to 2003 but got the same message ("runtime error. Abnormal program termination")!! Even document 305254 in the knowledgebase couldn't help. Any ideas? If that MS KB article doesn't work for you... Try re-registering the ...

Using Word & Excel v.X to tabulate race results for community festival
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Later this month, I will be volunteering for a local sprint racing event at a community festival. Races take place over three days of a long weekend. Friday features one mid-distance race and Saturday and Sunday feature sprint races repeated over the two-day event. (Contestants run in the race for the first day, have their race-time recorded, and then again on the second day, again the time is recorded. The race results are the total of both days' times for each contestant.) Some contestants may drop out of a...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

column/block/rectangular selection of text in Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel What happened to the ability to select a column/block/rectangular selection of text by holding down the alt/option key in Word 2008? How do I make a vertical text selection? <br> Thanks in advance. <br> JBM "Nothing" and "The Same Way" :-) However various things may get in the way: Spaces is one, having the Toolbox open is another. Anything that distracts the focus from the document page can potentially interfere with the operation of this function. As usual, the ...

Copy Exchange Contacts/Calendar to Office Outlook 2003
I want to cpy all of the contacts and calendar items from exchange to a local pst file. I figured how to dio this with mail but I am missing something. Thanks! ...

Apply AR Documents
Has anyone found a way to auto apply a huge amount of AR documents without touching each one? Dear Denise, This is exactly what Auto-Apply button do! Did you test it? Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Denise" wrote: > Has anyone found a way to auto apply a huge amount of AR documents without > touching each one? Denise, It looks like Microsoft has a tool/customization they sell for this, check out this newsgr...

problems with OLE objects display
I have a table which includes OLE object and I display the records in one form. I set the Allow Edits, Allow Additions, Allow Deletions, Locks of the form properties to 'No'. When I double click the OLE object in the form, the attach OLE object will open. But after I close the OLE object and click on somewhere else on the form, a message box promted. It states that "microsoft access can't save your changes to this bound OLE object. Either you don't have permission to write to the record in which the object is stored, or the record is locked by another user. copy the obje...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Marshalling Embedded Pointers inside the OAL?
Hello, I am porting some code from CE5 to CE6 that implements a feature using custom kernel IOCTLs. Ultimately, the custom IOCTL handler is given a pointer to a struct containing embedded pointers. Is it possible to use the marshalling API functions such as CeOpenCallerBuffer() from within the OAL? If not, is there another OAL-approved way to marshal embedded pointers? I've already ported the code, and it works fine most of the time. However, I am occasionally (depending on the buffer size the embedded pointer refers to) seeing CeOpenCallerBuffer() trigger a "DoV...