can't save files in subfolders using Word #2

I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X.  When I go to save a file in
Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like
"Documents" or "Applications."   How do I save the file into a
subfolder?  On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I
got to the folder I needed.  That doesn't work here.  Can someone help?
 I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing.

Thanks -
Taylor

In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote:

>  I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing.

Click the blue triangle next to (to the right of) the Save As inputbox.
Office uses standard MacOS dialogs for saving. Clicking the triangle
will open a navigation pane on the Save As dialog.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/17/2006 5:53:42 AM
Welcome back :-)  We missed you!  You now have two years holiday before you
do it all again :-)

Cheers

On 17/11/06 4:53 PM, in article
jemcgimpsey-8FA1B7.22534216112006@msnews.microsoft.com, "JE McGimpsey"

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1073)

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Code Bloat/Growing Excel files?

Test file needed quickly
Does anyone know where I can get a very large testt excel file that has a running macro? What I need to do is to run several apps that will "drain" most of my resources. I need to test another app in how it will handle low resources. I was thinking someone might have a test file just for this reason. A large spreadsheet that has a macro doing some calculations, at the same time while other apps are running. Thanks ahead for any help or suggestions. You realize if you fill a cell and then copy it to the rest of the sheet, it get really big, really fast? Dave wrote: > Doe...

Sometimes have to use "Rebuild All"
I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to do a "rebuild all". Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? Yasoo wrote: >I have never noticed this before, but in this project I am working on right now, I made some changes and hit "F7" like normal, but it didn't detect the changes and didn't compile the new code. So for this one file I keep having to...

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

mail problem #2
i used sbs03. i had an external pop3 server. i used pop3 connector for connecting to external pop3 mail server and routed that mails to local exchage mail boxwes. it working fine when i retrieve mails. i registered an domain name as example.com my exchange server domain is ns1.example.com when i registered domain i got email address like. sujith@example.com in my exchage i had the mail id as sujith@ns1.example.com when i am sending mails from my exchange outlook it is going as sujith@ns1.smartsoft.co.in address. then when a person who got my mail replies me. my emailid is sujith@ns1.sma...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

sorting by date #2
I am having trouble sorting a table by date. When I choose to sort th column by date - it sorts it alphabetically by date - i.e. with Augus coming first. How can I have Excel sort chronologically, when the date include month, day, yea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds as if the dates are formatted as text. You can change this to an Excel date value by inserting a helper column and using the following formula (assuming your dates are in column A: =DATEVALUE(A1) and copying down. Excel will then recognize the values as date values, not text, and will sort chronol...

money file extraction: virus or worm
hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it started extracting a bunch of files. then that screen closed. now the program will not work. is there a worm or virus targeting people's MOney files? travis johnson lafayette, oregon In microsoft.public.money, travis johnson wrote: >hi, i opened MS Money 2002 last night, and instead of >starting the program, a screen opened in MS-DOS, and it >started extracting a bunch of files. > >then that screen closed. > >now the program will not work. > >i...

Save and save as

Saving Images

Accessing Excel files over network
Hi Guys, First time here, so go easy on me. Scenario: Basic Windows 2000 Server based network with about 20 work stations connections. Server is a DC and workstations are all running Windows XP Pro. Workstations are also running Office XP. Users have deposited common files in a folder on the server. Because of control measures, these excel folders and files need to have permissions defined for either full control of read only access for certain members of the dept. Eg would be Folder Full Control Read-only Folder A Employee 1 Employee 10 ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

trendline #2
I am trying to fill in the blanks here and come up with a graph and trendline forecasting sales in $.10 increments when I have history of sales at .99, 1.49, 1.99, and 2.49. Obviously as the price goes up, unit sales come down. So how can I forecast what might be sold at all these price points. Thanks in advance. 0.99 280,242 1.09 1.19 1.29 1.39 1.49 227,988 1.59 1.69 1.79 1.89 1.99 146,740 2.09 2.19 2.29 2.39 2.49 59,814 Arrange the data with the known values in A1:B4 0.99 280,242 1.49 227,988 1.99 146,740 2.49 59,814 An XY chart trendline shows th...

why I can't declaring a CArray object in a separate header file?
Hello I have no problem declaring a CArray variable inside a class definition but as I have a separate file that I place all my typedefs inside it, I have tried to define a struct that has a CArray member but compiler says: Error 1 error C2248: 'CObject::CObject' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CObject' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afxtempl.h 272 this was my code inside TypeDefs.H typedef struct tag_compliance_info { LONG lModuleCode; LONG lModuleVersion; CString sModuleName; CArray<POINT> aCompliance; } STRUCT_COM...

PST file import to windows mail
I have chage my PC and I cannot import the PST outlook file in to my new windows Mail so far A error message appaer when I try to import a outlook message. Is someone have an idea regarding this issue Thanks Philippe You need outlook installed and configured on the Vista PC before you can import There is a workaround, assuming the old pc with outlook on is still available. You export your mail to outlook express, then copy the outlook express msg store to the Vista PC, then Mail can import it. Or you download the Office trial, with outlook, connect your pst as default to outlook, ...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Using variables in Chart Ranges
I have created a chart with a Value (data range) of ‘='Raw Data'!$S$3:$S$6’ but I need to make the number of rows to chart variable. I have created a variable called ‘numrows’ with the COUNTA option. How do I replace the $S$6 with numrows so when I import data into the Raw Data worksheet, the proper number of rows will be charted? Thanks You have to create a named range (variable) that describes the entire range, not just part of it, or a dimension of it. Then this variable can be used in the chart. Here are some examples and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dy...

Save csv format to dbf format