Can t read mac-word files containing excel graphs on a PC

I am using microsoft Office X 10.1.4 on a powerbook G4 with operating
system OS X 10.3.5 panther.

I have created a graph in Excel on its own sheet (ie the one that
contains the relevant data).
I activate the graph, copy it to the clipboard, switch to Word and do
a Paste Special, paste as image.
So do I with all the excel graphs I want to insert into my word
document (scientific report).

The word document is saved under format "microsoft word document".

I ve sent my word document to several colleagues who work on PCs. They
all told me they could not
see the excel graphs. They (the graphs) all appear as white frames
with a large red cross in the
middle of them.

Am I doing anything wrong or am I here touching the compatibility
limits of microsoft products.

I would be grateful to the one who could help me to cope with this
problem.

It should not be a problem, although apparently Word 2002 is missing a
filter it needs, so telling your colleagues to run Office Update should
work.  More info here:
http://word.mvps.org/macWordNew/Add-Ins.htm
(hit refresh a few times in Safari, or use a different browser)

Post back if that doesn't fix it.

DM

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
11/15/2004 8:58:15 PM
in article 4c952d00.0411150523.28ac435c@posting.google.com, Michel Pavageau
at michel.pavageau@emn.fr wrote on 15/11/04 14:23:

> I am using microsoft Office X 10.1.4 on a powerbook G4 with operating
> system OS X 10.3.5 panther.
>
> I have created a graph in Excel on its own sheet (ie the one that
> contains the relevant data).
> I activate the graph, copy it to the clipboard, switch to Word and do
> a Paste Special, paste as image.
> So do I with all the excel graphs I want to insert into my word
> document (scientific report).
>
> The word document is saved under format "microsoft word document".
>
> I ve sent my word document to several colleagues who work on PCs. They
> all told me they could not
> see the excel graphs. They (the graphs) all appear as white frames
> with a large red cross in the
> middle of them.
>
> Am I doing anything wrong or am I here touching the compatibility
> limits of microsoft products.
>
> I would be grateful to the one who could help me to cope with this
> problem.
Michel,

As your email address is on .fr I am quite sure that you will also face
another Office:Win bug that affect people using accents in there alphabet

If your graph as text (title, legend) with accent, those accent will not be
display properly on Office:Win for anything you pasted as image.

This also affect things just pasted (ie embedded) from one Office App to
another. Also reopening the embedded element resets the character bug.

So be aware !

Beside the above advice, you should forget accents in your graph...

BAM

concatenate files...
Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote: >Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party >tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul Yes, the same way you did before: copy file1.txt + file2.txt fileboth.txt Type copy /? at a command prompt to find out all about the copy command. -- Tim Slattery Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt Paul H wrote: ...

How do I manage vbscript between compose and read page
Hi, I have designed a custom Outlook 2007 email form with a separate compose and read page. It's using vbscript to automatically compose the subject line on sending, based on selections the user makes from several comboboxes. The read form does not have these comboboxes. When opening the mail on a machine with the vbscript debugger installed, the debugger kicks in and reports an error because the vbscript refers to objects that don't exist on the read page, only on the compose page. You can ignore the error and the mail will still open fine (users with no debugger insta...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Excel's calculations are off a few cents!
I can't figure out why my TOTAL for $ column is off from 1-5 cents. When I check the amounts going across, they are correct, but the amount at the bottom of the column is off!! What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have to manually check all Excel's figures. View more decimal places Natalie, does it still add up incorrectly?? I'm guessing your summing calculated values, that are viewed at less precision than calculated. You can use ROUND(formula, #decimals) to make the calculations round to the precision you desire, or you can set "Tools&q...

Bulk attachments

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

"Publisher cannot open the file"
Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the computer, copied the file to another folder but still it won't open. Any suggestions please. Chrisssss...... Chrisssssss......... wrote: || Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open || just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line || pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the || computer, copied the file to another folder ...

My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messag
My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you see when you get one? "jimjep" <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77C1C107-B54C-4DAA-B736-69A870B13F22@microsoft.com... > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages jimjep <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you mean by "does not let"? Does a hand come out of the screen and grab your wrist so you can't move the mouse? -- Brian Til...

Writing Text File with code UTF-8
Hello Does somebody know how to write a Text File with code UTF-8 from Dexterity? I know that are 3 functions to write text files: TextFile_Writeline() TextFile_WriteDOS() TextFile_WriteText() But there is not therein a parameter to achieve text file be written with code UTF-8. I=92ll appreciate your guide. Best regards. ------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode. You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you. The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS i...

How do i convert excel to csv in command line? ( not save as)
I am trying to automate a system which needs the files in csv format. Is there any way to convert excel to csv in command line, instead of the usual 'save as'? PS: If you know any UNIX utilities too, please mention. F1, No way I can think of from the command line. You could write an Excel macro that controls the whole process. Open a file, save as csv, close, next file, loop. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "F1" <F1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67ACCB6-CC54-4B5E-...

Can not archive