Can't install Office 2008 12.1.7 Update because a version of software can't be found

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Ok, this is really stupid, I get a message saying:

"You cannot install Office 2008 Update 12.1.7 on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume"

I only have one volume and that's Macintosh HD, 297GB and Office is installed there I don't know what the problem is.

Hope someone can help me.

On 4/14/09 3:20 PM,  "queequeg731@officeformac.com"
<queequeg731@officeformac.com> wrote:

> "You cannot install Office 2008 Update 12.1.7 on this volume. A version of the
> software required to install this update was not found on this volume"

Install/Update Errors for Office 2008
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/install_update.html>

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.1.7 update (The Entourage Help Blog)
<http://tinyurl.com/db2fhr>

Dos and Don'ts for a good install

<http://tinyurl.com/6cmyyc>

Check List to troubleshoot your install

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/install_08.html#checklist>

Hope this helps!

--
Diane

Same problem with me.
0
Chris_G (1)
4/14/2009 10:57:43 PM
SOLUTION:

#1 Uninstall Office:Mac 2008.

#2 Re-Install Office:Mac 2008

#3 Download & Install Office:Mac 2008 Update 12.1.0

#4 Download & Install Office:Mac 2008 Update 12.1.7
(There is no need to install the updates inbetween)

Done.
have tried a safe boot but still couldn't install. could it be due to my version of entourage being 13.0.0?
0
rodkar (1)
4/15/2009 7:46:27 AM
> i have tried a safe boot but still couldn't install. could it be due to my version of entourage being 13.0.0?

you shouldn't be using version 13.0.0 as its only version 12.0.0 (12.1.5 if you've updated to that version). Did you install 13.0.0 Beta? Remove it and your whole Office and reinstall using version 12.0.0.
On 4/15/09 12:46 AM,  "rodkar@officeformac.com" <rodkar@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> have tried a safe boot but still couldn't install. could it be due to my
> version of entourage being 13.0.0?

 Is this the beta for EWS? This update does not apply to the beta.

--
Diane

Let me clarify what 'uninstall' means. I did not run 'Remove Office'. That sounded way too scary coz I didn't know if that would remove all my mail and contacts. What I did to "Uninstall Office: Mac 2008" was to drag the entire Microsoft Office 2008 folder from Applications into the trash, emptied trash, rebooted, then ran the installer. This created a clean install and preserved my files (and the product key, too). This finally resolved this updater failure issues for me.

I would also add that it's a good idea - although I did not remember to do it this time - to hold the Shift key down when you reboot before running the installer. This will prevent any other programs from starting which might interfere with the update process. Diane R frequently suggests this and I will do it in the future as a matter of course.

On 4/16/09 7:11 AM,  "NewAccountCozOldOneFailed@officeformac.com"
<NewAccountCozOldOneFailed@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I did not run 'Remove Office'. That sounded way too scary coz I didn't know if
> that would remove all my mail and contacts.

Using "Remove Office" does not delete your Microsoft User Data folder that
contains your email messages. However, it's best to have backups because
things can go wrong.

"Remove Office" is different from dragging the MS Office folder to the
trash. It deletes invisible files and preferences used by MS Office.

More on remove vs delete:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/remove_office.html>

--
Diane

RE-Installing

Total a column from sheet 2 based on value in sheet 1
Col B Col C Col F Mary Team 1 $331.00 George Team 1 $222.00 Sam Team 2 $186.00 Tom Team 2 $100.00 Above is an example of my data on Sheet 2. On Sheet 1, I want to total all the total funds raised per Team shown on Sheet 2. I am trying to create a summary of what each team raised. I tried using the formula: =SUM(('sheet 2'!F2:F482=Sheet1!B2)) and I get just a dash in my total col. Can anyone provide some help? Thanks Look in HELP for the SUMIF() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Nee...

Also Can't Install Latest Update

Help with license for SQL 2008
Hi, i've downloaded SQL 2008 from our Licensed download page and upon running the setup i selected "Trial" and there seems to be a Serial Key pre-entered . I completed the setup and now if i open SQL Mgmt Studio and when i checked on the "About" tab, there is nothing indicating the duration of the trial version. I'm not sure if it's a legitimate licensed version, cause we are entitled for SA Benefit and i downloaded using our legitimate credentials. How do i know when the trial version is expiring ? or Could it be a FULL version. Pleas...

Which version to upgrate to
I currently have Money 2004 and am happy with it. I guess I should upgrade at some point, but I don't really see any reason to upgrade. Is there any big risk to staying on Money 2004? "Don" <don87109@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23xZ7v%232AIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I currently have Money 2004 and am happy with it. I guess I should upgrade >at some point, but I don't really see any reason to upgrade. > > Is there any big risk to staying on Money 2004? > The reasons to NOT upgrade would be as stated in your post, you are "happy...

Page Numbering (Starting Number Other Than 1)
I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with Publisher 2002. When I go to Tools/Options, I do not find the familiar menu "Start Numbering With . . " menu. What to do?? Regards, Bill Go to Page 1, Insert|Section -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Bill" <russeng@kiowaonline.net> wrote in message news:09b701c4257b$9d972530$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am at a loss as to how to start page numbering with > number other than 1. I am using Office Pro 2003 with > Publisher 2002. > When I ...

Value Pak Installer

1 email fill my queue!!!!
Hi, I'm testing a deployment of the CRM 1.2. I test the exchange filter to get email sent to support@company.com. This works fine... but... every 30minutes the same email is added to the queue again!!!! I have done 2 tests, and these 2 emails are copied every 30minutes... what's wrong??? thanks Jerome ok its corrected I have omit to check the "associated external account" option in the Exchange advanced options. "J�j�" <willgart_A_@hotmail_A_.com> wrote in message news:%23AviAQxgFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'm testing a...

M2003 updates error
I have been getting this since last evening: "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If the problem persists, reinstall Money from your original product disks" Anyone else seeing this? Any easier way to resolve this than re-installing Money? The program seems to be working fine otherwise ... -- Aloke --- to reply by e-mail remove 123 and change invalid to com ...

Add-In Is Not Valid Office Add-In Error Message
When I bootup Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711), I get the following error message: 'C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Add-Ins\' is not a valid Office add-in. I also get this message when I open Outlook 2000, click on the Tools menu, click on Options, click on the Other tab, click on the Advanced Options button, and then click on the COM Add-Ins button. Would appreciate any help anyone may have to fix this problem. --Eric Ogawa This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Add-in Starting Outlook" http://support.microsoft.com/supp...

Demonstration version of Great Plains 8.0???
My organization is seriously considering using Great Plains 8.0 and I was curious if anyone knows where I could find a trial version of the software to help us make up our minds. If you talk to a local business partner, they can set up GP with a sample company. There aer two versions: standard and professional. The professional runs on SQL Server. Therefore, if you wanted to get a trial of it, you would need to supply a machine with SQL Server. Tim wrote: > My organization is seriously considering using Great Plains 8.0 and I was > curious if anyone knows where I could find a tri...

Installation #4

Locate existing record-update it on the form
I placed a command button on a form and want to use it to search for an existing record and then populate the form with that record so I can update/add to it. The form's record source is a table (tblRFPTracking). I'm having a mental block on how to accomplish this and appreciate any help. Linda Here's one approach... Add a combobox (unbound) to the form (I stick mine in the header). Have that combobox list the records available for editing. I usually only include the bare minimum necessary to distinguish one record from another. Use a query to "feed" t...

How do I change which software views my jpg files when I download.
Please help, it keeps going to the wrong software! On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:21:02 -0800, pamieg <pamieg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help, it keeps going to the wrong software! Howdy, This has nothing to do with Outlook... It would help if you mentioned your operating system, but... In Win 2000: Open Windows Explorer. Then Tools | Folder Options | File Types. Once there, you can associate your *.jpg files with any software you wish. If that does not work for your OS, I'd suggest looking in the help file for "File Associations" then "Associate a ...

Installer for my access application

Fresh install, crystal issue.

Installing XP over Linux

Outlook Today #12
When I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" icon, nothing happens. Anubody got a fix "JSOLO" <jsolo@optonline.net> wrote in message news:0f4e01c3aa09$f1bed970$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" icon, > nothing happens. > > Anubody got a fix Google search on "Cannot customize Outlook Today" now returns *19,900* hits........... ...

Signatures #12
When I create a signature the preview appears to be what I want, but when I get ready to send a new message, the signature has extra spacing between the lines. I also have a jpeg file as part of the signature and that just appears as a blank when trying to use the signature. Why doesn't the real world signature look like the preview does. This is Outlook 2000. -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- "Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!" Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-s...

CRM SBS install error

Microsoft Office
Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? Thanks MC You certainly should be able to I have xp home and have xl95, xl97sr2, and xl2002 all installed on mine. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "MCabot" <ICC@zoomtown.com> wrote in message news:d57c1$43074b60$453dae72$5006@FUSE.NET... > Can I run microsoft office 2000 in a dell XP? > > > > Thanks > MC > > Not sure what you mean by "dell XP", but see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217883 "Description of the system requirements for all editions of Office 200...

Security Update error code
The automatic security download from Microsoft has tried several times to download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Win2000 and WinXP KB979906 and the installation has failed. Error code is O or 0x643. I am using WinXP Home Edition, Ver 5.1 and SP3. No help from MX on-line do-it-yourself stuff. Not sure what to do next. Any help or suggestions? -- Pink Lady [Crosspost to Windows Update newsgroup] OPTION A: See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979906 For home users, no-charge support is available by calli...