Can I use my exchange service email from work on the 2008 home edition

Version: 2008

Please help....switched to Mac and can't access work email now.....

Can I get the 2008 home student edition, or will I have to go with the overwhelmingly more expensive version?

The Home & Student version of Office 2008 does not ship with Exchange
support; if you need Office 2008 and Exchange, you will need to buy either
the Standard or the Special Media Edition. You might be able to get a cheap
license at work, though, so consider asking your IT department for help.

That being said, the Student & Teacher version of Office 2004 *does* support
Exchange, albeit not as well as Office 2008. In other words, if you were to
buy the older version (any edition will do; check out eBay or other online
resellers for a number of pretty inexpensive deals), you'd be able to access
your Exchange account with most basic features intact.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Exchange Rate
Does anyone know how to use a formula on Excel to calculate exchang rates? Thanks, Mat -- matt.bowse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- matt.bowser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3592 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55713 =A1/A2 -- Gary's Student "matt.bowser" wrote: > > Does anyone know how to use a formula on Excel to calculate exchange > rates? > Thanks, > Matt > > > -- > matt.bowser > --------------------------------...

OWA email subject dropdown menu?
Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can specify it on the subject box. Thanks prem "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:3b92875.0502160207.48a26920@posting.google.com... > Can someone please help me with customizing OWA: > I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box. > The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can > specify it on the subject box. > > Thanks > prem Which ve...

Can't send/receive

Make table truncates text concatenated using fnConcatenate
I have a MakeTable query which uses the fnConcatenate( ) function to merge a bunch of information into a single field. Unfortunately, the field length exceeds 255 characters and the MakeTable tries to dump this into a text field, rather than identifying that the field should be a memo field. I know I could create the base table and import the data from my query into that table, but I would prefer to make this table on the fly, and then delete it when I am done with it. Any recommendations? -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:48:04 -07...

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can not Customize Leads View

Microsoft Exchange Server #4
I need help. Everytime a send an email in Outlook, a window pops up with "Request for data from Microsoft Exchange Server". It takes 1-2 minutes for the request to run out. If I cancel the request, I have to restart outlook and it just starts over again everytime I send an email. Does anyone have suggestions on how to prevent this from occuring? Are you using an Exchange server? What version of Outlook? What SP = level is Offiice/Outlook? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Randy a...

Exchange Interface
I need to interface to Exchange directly. I have a windows service that needs to interface to an object that can: - Connect to a dedicated user Exchange mailbox specifically setup for the service. - Retrieve a list of messages within that mailbox - Download an individual message - Remove an individual message - Disconnect from the Exchange mailbox - Do all of the above from a remote machine This must be done in .NET using native code. Does any know where to find documentation on an API into Exchange? Thanks bbutell@sasquatch-eng.com wrote: >I need to interface to Exchange direc...

Bulk attachments

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Upgrade to Exchange 2007
We are planning on moving to Exchange 2007 in the next few months. We have a new server for this, and it will only be a one exchange server enviroment. We want the new server to have the same computer name as the current Exchange server, for naming purpose we will call it MAIL on the forum. I have read about problems renaming an exchange server. I wanted to know if this has been made easier for 2007, and what the best practice for doing this is. We want the smoothest transition possible to the new server, eagerly waiting replies. On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:36:00 -0800, Synapse120 <...

How can I rename a database table?

Bugs worked out with XP SP2 and Outlook?
When SP2 just came out, one functionality that existed in Outlook 2003 (while using Word as e-mail editor) didn't work anymore, the icons (in Web Tools toolbar) that allowed embedding of sound, video, and marquee text in e-mail. I wrote about that problem here, and there was a response that that is a known bug, that Microsoft was working on. Has there been a fix for this yet, either through a SP2 update, or an Outlook 2003 update? Are you running Windows XP SP2? I think that is what has broken it (or an update to IE). It's broken in Outlook 2003 too. " MS" <ms@nospa...

Can (or how can) I do this

Exchange Users have lost rights
ok all users have now lost the ability to delete or send emails all users use OWA only when they try to delete a email they get "Some items could not be deleted. They ware either moved, already deleted or access was denied" When some one tries to send a email they get "forbidin" When some one tries to move a folder or create a folder they get "Access denied" i dont knwo what i did or where to check at this point thanks Roger, check the mailbox server's event logs & available disk space. If you have front-end / back-end topology, try running OWA a...