Can I upgrade my old Office:Mac 2001 version to Office 2008?

Version: Older version
Processor: Intel

Can I upgrade from Office 2001 for Mac to the current version? If so, how do I overpass the installation check?

I got the original media -complete with plastic box- in my posesion but I don't think I will be able to install this under Snow Leopard.

Any ideas?
0
gammada (2)

Yes, Office 2001 qualifies for the upgrade to any edition of Office 2008
*other than* the Home & Student Edition � there is no upgrade path to it.

The prior version need not be installed. When prompted to locate the prior
version just slip the Office 2001 disc in the slot & browse to it.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/7/09 7:44 PM, in article 59b7e1e2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"gammada@officeformac.com" <gammada@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: Older version
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
> Processor: Intel
>
> Can I upgrade from Office 2001 for Mac to the current version? If so, how do I
> overpass the installation check?
>
> I got the original media -complete with plastic box- in my posesion but I
> don't think I will be able to install this under Snow Leopard.
>
> Any ideas?

Hey Bob,
can you tell me, if the upgrade version has to have the same language?
E.g. Office 2001 German - Upgrade Office 2008 English?

Thanks!
D.
0
Deko1 (5)
10/8/2009 12:52:17 PM
Perfect, thank you very much Bob!
0
gammada (2)
10/8/2009 2:04:29 PM
Since I have never had occasion to do so I can't say for sure but I don't
see any reason why not. I suggest you drop a dime on Customer Service to
confirm that, though: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/contactus.mspx

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/7/09 4:44 PM, in article 59b7e1e2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"gammada@officeformac.com" <gammada@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Can I upgrade from Office 2001 for Mac to the current version?

If you don't need Exchange, it's actually cheaper to purchase the Home &
Student version than the upgrade to the standard version of Office,

$121.49 (price can vary slightly)

<http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>

--
Diane

Hi Diane;

On 10/8/09 9:01 PM, in article C6F3D997.13061%EntourageHelp@gmail.com,
"Diane Ross" <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you don't need Exchange,

.... and don't intend to use the software for any commercial purposes ;-)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/9/09 3:39 AM, in article C6F48B09.54EB6%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"Bob Jones" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> ... and don't intend to use the software for any commercial purposes ;-)

I keep forgetting that one.

--
Diane

outlook express
Anyone know if there is anyway to recover emails, folders, contacts, etc... if you re-installed a new copy of xp over 2000 but didn't use the upgrade feature. That is to say, all of my 2000 OE doesn't appear when I open OE in the newly installed XP environment. Does the old info get stored in some file I can link to xp oe? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.wi...

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Can Not Reply To Emails

Upgrade to Exchange 2007
We are planning on moving to Exchange 2007 in the next few months. We have a new server for this, and it will only be a one exchange server enviroment. We want the new server to have the same computer name as the current Exchange server, for naming purpose we will call it MAIL on the forum. I have read about problems renaming an exchange server. I wanted to know if this has been made easier for 2007, and what the best practice for doing this is. We want the smoothest transition possible to the new server, eagerly waiting replies. On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:36:00 -0800, Synapse120 <...

Can't delete email #2

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Office 2010 under Windows 7
Hi all, I just installed Office 2010 as an update to Office 2007 on Windows 7 64-bit professional edition. Office 2010 works quite fine, however there is something wrong with file associations. Whenever I open an office document I end up getting a dialog that tells me it will prepare installation of Office 2007 instead of opening the document in 2010. So far I tried to reset the file associations in the explorer to the newly installed Office version. Unfortunately that does not change anything. Can somebody tell me how to fix this issue? Thanks, Thomas There are Office...

Can not archive

Running simple business using office
Hi, I'm a student and have begun selling some books on amazon. I wanted to develop my business process skills so see it as running a small business. I want to use office to store my 'inventory,' transactions, generate simple invoices and perform some simple analysis e.g. how much i made in a month. (I have student edition with excel and word) I want to keep one data source from which I can perform these tasks. I've got a lot of programming experience but its more from a business process perspective i'm interested. e.g. the best way to store and manipulate the data. I would ...

Outlook 2003 SP1 upgrade
I have just upgraded Office 2003 to SP1 as well as installing the new junk mail update and my Outlook 2003 rules no loner work when Outlook is open - If I close it and reopen it all the rules then work but any subsequent e-mails that come in while outlook is running do not work. Any ideas as to why this should suddenly start happening? I have even re-created all my rules but to no avail - Before the installation of these updates everything worked fine. Any help would be gratefully received - Regards, Michael Hewson MCP ...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Money 2004 60-day version: Uninstall problem when a user is not an administrator
I want to report a bug in the 60-day version of Money 2004. Hopefully people in PSS or the product group read this newsgroup. I do not know the product ID for Money 2004, nor did the Assisted Support lookup tool list one for Money 2004, so I could not use Assisted Support. To repro: 1. Install Money 2004 60-day version on WinXP Pro using an account in the Administrators group. 2. Log on as another user that is not part of Administrators. Log off. 3. From the first account, uninstall Money 2004 using Add/Remove Programs. 4. Log on as the other non-admin user. Get a prompt from...