Can I export to publisher

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

Afternoon

A client would like me to set up some templates for him to use in Publisher. He is on a pc and I a mac. I have the full office suite but don't know what program/export setting I have to use.

Any help??

Thanks in advance!!
0
Dingo_Dog (1)

Since you need to help a client with a specific application, you might be
better off installing Windows and Publisher on your Mac and do your work in
there. If that is not an option, I guess it might be possible to create a
template in Word and to import that template into Publisher. Note that you
should try it first before committing to the project, as I am not sure if
this solution will work (very well).

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP - Macintosh

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)
3/20/2009 4:52:53 PM
Elaborating on Michel's reply, there is no such capability - even with the
PC version of Office. The file format & internal structure of Publisher
files & Word files are totally incompatible, so you can't build a template
for either using the other.

Publisher does provide a facility for importing content from a Word
document, but it depends on what version of Publisher is being used. The
Office 2008 version offers far more than previous versions but I haven't had
an opportunity to work with them as yet. AFAIK, even the new facility
imports the *text* content only... No graphic elements, columnar layout,
Headers & Footers, fields, etc. However, you'd probably do best to inquire
in the Publisher newsgroup which you'll find here:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx

Be sure to provide details about the nature of the project as well as
version information.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/20/09 12:52 PM, in article C5E98875.E179%mbintener@NOmvpsSPAM.org,
"Michel Bintener" <mbintener@NOmvpsSPAM.org> wrote:

> Since you need to help a client with a specific application, you might be
> better off installing Windows and Publisher on your Mac and do your work in
> there. If that is not an option, I guess it might be possible to create a
> template in Word and to import that template into Publisher. Note that you
> should try it first before committing to the project, as I am not sure if
> this solution will work (very well).
>

> On 20/03/09 17:27, in article 59b6fe73.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "Dingo_Dog@officeformac.com" <Dingo_Dog@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
>> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
>> Processor: Intel
>>
>> Afternoon
>>
>> A client would like me to set up some templates for him to use in Publisher.
>> He is on a pc and I a mac. I have the full office suite but don't know what
>> program/export setting I have to use.
>>
>> Any help??
>>
>> Thanks in advance!!

Correction: I meant to write "The Office 200*7* version [of Publisher]
offers far more..." :-)

Also, I've had a modicum of success with files created using Word 2008's
Publishing Layout View being opened by Publisher 2007 - but certainly not to
the extent that I would recommend it for anything other than the most
desperate of circumstances - And definitely not for the purpose of
generating new Pub files with any degree of reliability.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/21/09 10:35 AM, in article C5EA7378.4A792%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Elaborating on Michel's reply, there is no such capability - even with the
> PC version of Office. The file format & internal structure of Publisher
> files & Word files are totally incompatible, so you can't build a template
> for either using the other.
>
> Publisher does provide a facility for importing content from a Word
> document, but it depends on what version of Publisher is being used. The
> Office 2008 version offers far more than previous versions but I haven't had
> an opportunity to work with them as yet. AFAIK, even the new facility
> imports the *text* content only... No graphic elements, columnar layout,
> Headers & Footers, fields, etc. However, you'd probably do best to inquire
> in the Publisher newsgroup which you'll find here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx
>
> Be sure to provide details about the nature of the project as well as
> version information.
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 3/20/09 12:52 PM, in article C5E98875.E179%mbintener@NOmvpsSPAM.org,
> "Michel Bintener" <mbintener@NOmvpsSPAM.org> wrote:
>
>> Since you need to help a client with a specific application, you might be
>> better off installing Windows and Publisher on your Mac and do your work in
>> there. If that is not an option, I guess it might be possible to create a
>> template in Word and to import that template into Publisher. Note that you
>> should try it first before committing to the project, as I am not sure if
>> this solution will work (very well).
>>

>> On 20/03/09 17:27, in article 59b6fe73.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
>> "Dingo_Dog@officeformac.com" <Dingo_Dog@officeformac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
>>> Processor: Intel
>>>
>>> Afternoon
>>>
>>> A client would like me to set up some templates for him to use in Publisher.
>>> He is on a pc and I a mac. I have the full office suite but don't know what
>>> program/export setting I have to use.
>>>
>>> Any help??
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance!!

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

exporting category list
How do you export the category list in Money 2004? Thanks. Glenn IF you want to get categories that have been used in transactions, probably the best way is to use MoneyLink to pull all transactions for all dates for all accounts into Excel. From there, simple spreadsheet manipulation can get you there along these lines: 1) Copy the category/subcategory columns to a new sheet. 2) Sort the entries on Category and Subcategory. 3) Create a formula to only show the Category/Subcategory if it's not what's in the next row. 4) Copy the unique resultant column(s). 5) Paste Special|Values ...

Bulk attachments

Publisher file won't open #2
I worked for three hours then Publsher crashed. I had saved my file, but when I trie to open it it says problem with file, do you want to report it, and then reboots Publisher. How can I save my work? Using Publisher 2003. You may send the file to me. If I can open it I'll save it for you. If it crashes my system, you may be SOL. (Surely out of luck.) If you want to accept my offer, send it to jl dot paules at gmail at com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Don Smith" <dhsmith@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:r4ns615gkmkm12q5or5nd0k70gac5stjbc@4ax....

Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 into MS Publisher
I am trying to get a school to move to Microsoft products. They currently do all of their newsletters and certificates in Adobe Pagemaker. How do I get these files imported into MS Publisher 2003? Is there a 3rd party tool that can do this? Has this not been requested before Any help will be appreciated. The only way you can do it is via the ClipBoard. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Publisher #47
I have Microsoft Student , Teacher. Can I add Publisher or anything else to help me design my own business cards? Sure, you can purchase and install Publisher separately. You also can use Word to design your cards. http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Festina" <Festina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CC65344-48FC-49B5-AC88-CC860A0BF6C8@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Student , Teacher. Can I add Publisher or anything else to > help me ...

"Publisher cannot open the file"
Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the computer, copied the file to another folder but still it won't open. Any suggestions please. Chrisssss...... Chrisssssss......... wrote: || Can anyone explain why Publisher 2002 should suddenly fail to open || just one of hundreds of my files? The message in the subject line || pops up every time I try opening the file. I've rebooted the || computer, copied the file to another folder ...

Can not archive

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...