Can 5 MegaPixel Photos that I trashed be recovered?

Hi.  I transferred 5 megapixel photos from my digital camera onto my
Mac iBook that runs on OS 9.2.  The JPEGS were named and in folders.  I
accidentally moved them to the Trash can and emptied trash last week.
I would like them back.

I looked up Data Rescue from Prosoft off of Google and it
took me to:
http://www.prosofteng.com/prod ucts/data_rescue.php

First I downloaded the Data Rescue
Bundle but that wouldn't open so I downloaded the Data Rescue Classic.
It opened but froze.  It also said something about saving to another
drive, which I don't have, I only have this iBook.

I also found this website:
http://www.binarybiz.com/vlab/ mac.php

which looks promising.  But the scan took forever and I don't see 5
megapixel JPEG files of my photos per se (they had each been named by
detail)...I see some that are named after numbers, but can't open them
to see if they're the ones I want to Recover.  HELP ANYONE, IS THERE A

SIMPLE WAY TO FIND EXACTLY THE JPEG PHOTOS I EMPTIED LAST WEEK OUT OF
MY TRASH?
Thank You for your time!!!!

I think you should ask on one of the Mac-dedicated newsgroups.  Try Apple's
discussion forums, or maybe comp.sys.mac is the big Mac newsgroup?
Technically we just focus on MS Office here, so it's not really the most
efficient place to find experts to help with this sort of OS problem.

I can tell you that the more stuff you download, the lower the chances get
that data recovery software can recover your photos, and the higher the
chances one of those downloads will overwrite the space where the photos
are, which was flagged "free to overwrite" when you deleted the trash.
Maybe you should see if there is a service place you can take it to.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

On 4/27/05 9:41 AM,  "buster2cajun@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Hi.  I transferred 5 megapixel photos from my digital camera onto my
> Mac iBook that runs on OS 9.2.  The JPEGS were named and in folders.  I
> accidentally moved them to the Trash can and emptied trash last week.
> I would like them back.
>
> I looked up Data Rescue from Prosoft off of Google and it
> took me to:
> http://www.prosofteng.com/prod ucts/data_rescue.php
>
> First I downloaded the Data Rescue
> Bundle but that wouldn't open so I downloaded the Data Rescue Classic.
> It opened but froze.  It also said something about saving to another
> drive, which I don't have, I only have this iBook.
>
> I also found this website:
> http://www.binarybiz.com/vlab/ mac.php
>
> which looks promising.  But the scan took forever and I don't see 5
> megapixel JPEG files of my photos per se (they had each been named by
> detail)...I see some that are named after numbers, but can't open them
> to see if they're the ones I want to Recover.  HELP ANYONE, IS THERE A
>
> SIMPLE WAY TO FIND EXACTLY THE JPEG PHOTOS I EMPTIED LAST WEEK OUT OF
> MY TRASH?
> Thank You for your time!!!!

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I rename a database table?

Ms Outlook 2003 #5
Hi. I have Vista Home Edition. I am trying to set up my mail accounts with Microsoft Outlook 2003 in Vista. When I put all the details and I test the setting it asks me to verify the E mail address. I know its correct as it works ok in Windows mail Is Outlook 2003 able to work in Vista or do I have a setting wrong??? Outlook 2003 works fine in Windows Vista. Did you check your email = address as suggested? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =...

Tidying up 5.5 pre 2003?
OK I'm going to spend some time tomorrow tidying up our 5.5 directory ready for when I start migrating us to 2003. So far I'm planning on: Getting rid of all old/unnecessary mailboxes (duh!) Setting all resource mailboxes to no Primary NT account, users have access via the permissions tab (assuming ADC will create disabled domain account). Setting ex-employee mailboxes so that their already disabled domain account is the primary account, again their manager has access via the permissions tab. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? TIA, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net Pau...

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

Exchange 5.5 from NT4 Domain to W2K domain
Hello, in desperate need of some help. We are just about to finish our migration from a NT4 to a Windows 2000 domain. I have only one more server to do and its an Exchange 5.5 server running Windows 2000. I can find no information about migrating this server to a new domain. Can anyone please help. Thanks, Desparate Try this article. It might help. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2287e475-b5a9-4bfd-94d7-7cf750a75eac&DisplayLang=en "Mr B" <big_bob_1977@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OWmCumgvFHA.252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, >...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...

Can you....
Can you create a text box that pops up when you try to exit excel? would like a box that reminds people to fill out parts of a form whe they try to exit the workbook. Any ideas would be great -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This code goes in the ThisWorkbook section of the VB Editor. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Dim iResponse As Long iResponse = MsgBox("Did you enter everything? Click No to return an finish.", vbYesNo) If iResponse = 7 Then Cancel = True End Sub If the user clicks No, the application will not close. You coul modify...

best outlook for exchange 5.5
we have exchange 5.5 with outlook 97 and 2000 clients. The 2000 users seem to freeze more than the 97 users. Has anyone else noticed this? Is outlook 2002 better? We're using OL2000 connecting to Exchange 5.5 mailbox. Never seen any lock-up. "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA28B7C1-7188-434C-AA7E-232047BFCBB6@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 5.5 with outlook 97 and 2000 clients. The 2000 users seem > to freeze more than the 97 users. Has anyone else noticed this? Is outlook > 2002 better? generally speaking, it's best...