booklets

I have a friend that uses Word 2004 for Mac. He wants to be able to
create a booklet. It is VERY easy with Word 2003 using a PC, but he
nor I can figure out how to do it on a Mac. Can someone please tell me
how to create a booklet on Mac using Word 2004?

Lauana

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:24:38 -0500, Lauana Yarbrough wrote
(in article <22fb70f2.0411150724.2dc7eebe@posting.google.com>):

> Can someone please tell me how to create a booklet
> on Mac using Word 2004?

Booklets can be found as an option in some printer drivers.  There are some
commercial $olutions (impositioning a PDF), and some free tips at
http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/MacWordHomePageContent.htm

Print Preview Booklet
Hi - we are creating a booklet of about 40 pages. When we preview the booklet, it does odd things with some of the pages - i.e. bits of pictures appear randomly on other pages. However, when we print these pages, they are fine. Is the preview problem because we are previewing on printers that do not do double-sided printing? In normal view, everything is fine. We're concerned that when we send this to the printers some of the graphics will be all over the place. Any help appreciated Thanks I should have mentioned - you only get the odd preview when you preview whilst in &qu...

How do I set number of pages in every group of folding in booklet?
This is the first time I use Microsoft Publisher to publish my book. I made a booklet which consist of around 48 pages. However, it printed the whole pages pear and pear. Page 1 with page 48, page 2 with page 47, page 3 with page 46 and so on. I want to arrange the number of pages in group of folding. For instance in every 16 pages, so that page 1 with page 16, page 2 with 15, page 3 with 14 and so on in one group, then page 17 with page 32, page 18 with 31, .... I want the whole 48 pages in one publishing document, so that I get 3 group of folding. Each consist of 4 sheet of paper. Ho...

8 paged booklet printing in Microsoft Publisher
When we produce a booklet in Publisher of 4 pages (1 sheet of paper), the printer DeskJet 990C automatically prints the document on both sides of the paper. I have a project of 8 pages (2 sheets of paper) which is NOT printing on both sides of the paper. I do not know why. CAN SOMEONE HELP? This is my first unassisted project and want to make a good impression. What version Publisher are you using. There is a tutorial of sorts here: Attaching and Printing from Windows with the HP Two-Sided Printing Accessory http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bpd07587&tmp...

I am trying to create an A5 booklet for a funeral
I am trying to create a professional looking 8 page A5 booklet for a funeral to include a few pictures. I want it to be 4 A4 pages that will be staples and folded in half. How do I create this in Publisher? Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks Select booklet in the page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Verity" <Verity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CBC66A5-1F17-4291-BC9B-10413EB8D113@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a professional looking 8 page A5 booklet for a ...

Printing duplex booklet
I'm trying to print out a 12 page booklet but when the printer duplexes, it prints out the back of the pages upside down. I found the "extra" tab and thought that the rotate duplex option would solve the problem but it did nothing. I also tried to manually rotate the pages that were printing upside down but it would not let me rotate pages with text. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Carol wrote: > I'm trying to print out a 12 page booklet but when the printer duplexes, it > prints out the back of the pages upside down. I found the "extra" tab ...

Creating a booklet #4
I am using Publisher 2007. I am trying to create a booklet. I import a word document into a new publisher document. everything is ok for an 8.5 X 11 Doc. When I change the page size to 5.5 X 8.5 (two pages per sheet of paper. ) the paper size appears to change but the text remains at the original size. The total page count remains the same as the original. How can I get the text in the text boxes to change. I would think the number of pages should be close to double. Thanks in advance. Create a booklet page setup first. Create a text box on the page where you want the Word docume...

sorting Publisher booklet pages
When I create Publisher booklets I often want to reorder (sort) pages when the booklet is finished. Is there a way to sort the pages- e.g., move page 8 to page 3 position, page 10 to 7, etc.? With Publisher 2003, yes. With an older version - cut and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "JMO" <JMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51347710-75D9-4D3E-A217-F8174057C662@microsoft.com... > When I create Publisher booklets I often want to reorder (sort) pages when > the booklet is finished. Is there a way to sort the pages- e.g., move page &...

Publisher prints booklets upside down
I just bought a duplex print add-on for my HP Office Jet 6110 so I can print out my product catalogs on both sides of a page. I'm using Publisher 2002 and trying to print out a booklet (catalog) of products double sided. It does two products on one side of a page and two on the other. You then fold it in half and have a complete catalog. The problem is that some pages are printing upside down on one side, and the page numbering doesn't work. Is this a problem with my catalog or my printer? Ed B. buch75@comcast.net There is a driver on the HP site with an April, 2004 timestamp, a...

Booklet #3
I am proiducing a 82 page booklet, which was done in Word last year. A) When printing the page numbers don't show. B) How can I delete a one off pages, when the screen always shows 2 pages together. Cheers -- Thanks Squashed Tom A. Did you insert page numbers within Publisher? Do you have ignore background checked in view? B. View, uncheck two page spread. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Squashed Tom" <SquashedTom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:538E7EDF-7613-40D7-8CB1-79...

booklet
How can I print an excel spreadsheet as a booklet? minty wrote: || How can I print an excel spreadsheet as a booklet? What precisely are you trying to do? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk I have an excel spreadsheet 16 pages long that I want to print double-sided in booklet format. I'm sure it's to do with printer settings but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. "Gordon" wrote: > minty wrote: > || How can I print an excel spreadsheet as a booklet? > > What precisely are...

Publisher Booklet Layout Problem
I created a 4 Page booklet on Publisher. When i print it is prints all 4 pages ( all detail ) but exactly on half of the page. Please anybody out there HELP. My Office wizard has given up on me... Thansk in advance Tman Tai Are you using the booklet setup in the page setup dialogue? Check your printer driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. It is always advisable to completely remove your driver before installing/reinstalling a new driver. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/C...

A6-sized booklets in Publisher?
I usually print up what end up being 20-page booklets, pagenumbered, using 'lanscape' on the A4 paper, but I'd like to have some A6 sized - tiny things a quarter of the size of A4 paper. Pardon the UK-isms; I think A4 is roughly letter-size in US-speak. Anyway, I've printed some out but many of the pages either come out upside down or the page numbering doesn't run on in the desired order, despending on whether I've selected one or the other way of getting my printer, an HP deskjet 970 cxi, to do its automatic double-sided printing. Because the booklets are of poem...

How do you make a tri-fold booklet in Publisher?
Are you certain you mean a booklet? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jessica" <Jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF812319-3B2E-476F-BDF1-72251B1D9F2A@microsoft.com... > If you mean a three 'page', two folds leaflet, made from one A4 sheet, it's simple: In the File menu, select New and then Brochure. Pick one from the selection. Then to save it before you edit anything: File, Save As, give it a name. Excuse me if this isn't what you're looking for. Ch...

how do I print a6 booklet from a4 paper
I am trying to print an a6 size book using a4 paper, I will be cutting the pages as they go into a ring binder. Does anyone please have any ideas how to set up either work or publisher? Set it up as a booklet, what version Publisher? Setup your printer for A4 paper, landscape, setup the Publisher file as a booklet. (Publisher 2002-03) In earlier versions, click special fold. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E805B47C-1282-48EF-AD97-3C3054C1B...

Printing 2 page layout booklet on Publisher
I have followed all of the directions for printing a two page booklet. The booklet prints, but the second side of the pages are upside down. I'm using an Imagistics cm4520 printer. I used a catalog template that Publisher already has formatted. How do I get the second side of each sheet to print right side up? Do you have a setting in the printer setup that is similar to "flip pages up?" Deselect it if you do. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kateri" <Kateri@discussions.microsoft.co...

How do I compensate for page creep in a small A5 booklet
Hi I'm using Publisher 2003 to produce a small (100 page) booklet, that will be printed 2 up double sided on A4 paper e.g. 25 sheets of paper, 4 pages per sheet. When printed the book is showing exhibitig what appears to be called, in the printing industry, page creep. That is that when folded the right hand edges of the inner pages protrude further than the right hand edges of the outer pages. The excess paper can obviously be trimmed off with a guillotine, but then the text on the pages will be closer to the right hand edge of the page, as above. I've searched Publishers Hel...

Re-paginating an A5 booklet
I've created a 16 page A5 booklet in Publisher - works beautifully: pgs 16 & 1 on the first page, 15 & 2, 14 & 3 etc. Exactly how I wanted it. However, I now want to create a downloadable version that is in page order, i.e. an A5 e-document with pages 1 - 16 in order. Any ideas on the best way to acheive this? Apologies if this question has already been answered. Cheers, Jon S Jon <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Apologies if this question has already been answered. I've answered this question before, but can't think o...

Printing a Booklet #3
I have created a booklet on ledger size paper and the layout appears correct. I select "Print Both Sides" in my printer options, however my document will not print on both sides. I know that my printer has the capability as I have done this before and it worked. I thought that maybe if I tried printing the booklet to a .pdf file and printing from there it might solve my problem. Again, the layout is perfect but when the printing begins I get print on only one side. I'm hoping that someone will have a suggestion. Thanks. I am assuming you have a duplex unit. Might need an ...

how do you print a 36 page booklet print two side.
how do I print a 36 page booklet , 2 sided That would be in your printer's properties. When you go to print beside the printer's name there is a printer property. It is different for every printer. "printlady" wrote: > how do I print a 36 page booklet , > 2 sided Assuming your printer hasn't duplex capabilities. View, one page spread. Page one: File, print, current page click "no" Page 3 File, print, current page... print all odd pages this way through page 17 Restack the printout with one on the bottom and 17 on the top Turn the stack ov...

Creating a directory in booklet format
Ok this might be overkill in the description of the situation, however my aim is to eliminate a lot of back and forth on what is needed (and I admit novice level in publishing use of newsgroups etc.). I have bought the program but not opened the box, as I wanted to know about this before deciding to keep it or not. So here is the whole situation ---- I have a memebership directory to reproduce (but of course this same situation applies to any directory, catalog, book, etc.). This directory is a 24 page booklet inside a cover. The pages when laid flat the way they will be printed measure 9...

??How to Print a Booklet on 8.5 X 11 in Landscape??
I am trying to print a booklet on 8.5" X 11" paper, landscaped & folded in half (5.5" X 8.5"). The only option I can find in MSPUB help is printing and 8.5 X 11 on 11 X 17 paper. Anyone have suggestions?? Thanks Rob You need to choose BookFold and set your printer/page orientation to Landscape. Publisher does an excellent job at Bookfold. -- ...

adding photos to booklet format
Hi, I am putting together a printed directory using Publisher 2002 and the booklet format. I want to be able to include a photo alongside each person's name and address. My booklet format is set up on a landscape layout and initially I inserted a table per page with two columns. One column contained the photos (in rows) and the other contained the data. The problem that I kept running into is that the photos seem to be on a different "layer" from the data. Meaning if I need to add a new address in a row, the corresponding photo in that row does not move down a row with t...

Publisher or Word Booklet (1/4 page)
I use Publisher for single flyers & brochures quite a bit, and I use Word for mail merge. Can't quite figure this problem out in either one. I need to be able to merge info from Excel into a format that will let me print 4 of the SAME page on each letter-size sheet. Something like postcard, but something I can merge into 50+ pages, with the text automatically flowing to the next page. The final booklet pages need to be 1/4 of an 8-1/2 x 11 portrait sheet. (When I finish putting them together with other sheets I have, they will need to have page 2 on the back of page 1, etc, and sp...

6 1/8-by 9 1/4-inch booklet
I 'd like to learn how to shrink the pages down to a "Booklet Format" required for a paid petition for Certiorari in the United States Supreme Court Rule 33.1.(a), to 6 1/8- by 9 1/4-inch booklet. I have asked the Middlesex County College Computer Science Department, www.middlesexcc.edu, but they suggested I search "Booklet Format" in Word, but I have not been successful in finding it. There are a few companies whom specialize in preparing these petitions for certiorari by shrinking the pages down to same aforementioned "booklet format"; But I&#...

Uneven borders in booklet fold
Hi, I would like to make a booklet layout (1/2 letter booklet), with .5" margins on the outer edges, and .3" on the inside (folded) edge. When I try to set that up, the margins revert to left/right margins, rather than inside/outside margins. My workaround solution is to make the margins .5" on both sides, then just make the text box extend a little bit over the inner margins. I'm just wondering, is there any other way around this? (ie to get it to do what it's supposed to?) (I'm using Publisher 2007 Beta, btw) Zab I get the same problem after I select...