annoying wrong dateformat

I live in Belgium but have a UK installation on my Mac. When I type in 11/2 as in February, Excel changes it to 2/11 as in November 2nd.
My Formats are correct in 'International' in my System Preferences.

Any ideas? It's very annoying.
0
ilgrauls (1)

On 2/17/08 4:20 AM, in article ee8dc0e.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"ilgrauls@officeformac.com" <ilgrauls@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I live in Belgium but have a UK installation on my Mac. When I type in 11/2 as
> in February, Excel changes it to 2/11 as in November 2nd.
> My Formats are correct in 'International' in my System Preferences.
>
> Any ideas? It's very annoying.
Have you restarted Excel since you made or verified the change? Try quitting
Excel change the system preferences to some other country, then change back
to the one you want, and then restart Excl and try again.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)
2/20/2008 1:17:03 PM
No that doesn't work. If I format the cells as dates, it only offers the possibiity 3/14 or 14-Mar and some others but not 14/3.
However, some experimenting led me to the solution. You have to format the cells as a "custom" format, namely dd/mm.
0
Ilgrauls
2/20/2008 2:17:06 PM
To get European time set on a mac go to System
Preferences
Date& time
Internaitonal
Formats
change region
Belgium
This will set your computer to Belgium mode.
0
Mark

Highly annoying namespace problem
I've the following code, taken from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml02172003.asp to select a node from RSS file. However, I'm always getting a null returning for the SelectSingleNode(), when trying to load a RSS 1.0 document, (which has a default namespace) why? if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("RDF") && feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI.Equals("http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-s yntax-ns#")) { NamespaceUri = "http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"; } else if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals(&qu...

Annoying Prompt at Close
Hi all, I have an Excel workbook that was originally written in Quattro Pro and later converted to Excel. Every time I close the workbook, even though I have NOT made any changes, it asks me if I want to save the "changes". This is very annoying. Can anyone tell me what I could do to get rid of this prompt? Thanks. CC, you may have a formula in the sheet that is calculating every time the workbook is open, something like =NOW() -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can be...

more KompoZer annoyance
Yesterday I posted a note regarding Vista Home Prem complaining that KompoZer-0.7.10.exe did not have a valid signature. It was suggested that KompoZer was polluted and I should download a fresh copy. ... No problem. ... I downloaded a fresh copy. original KompoZer-0.7.10-win32.zip new copy KompoZer-0.7.10-win32.zip A file comparison of the original and the fresh copy shows that they are identical. Just to be sure, I erased the old copy C:\Program Files\KompoZer-0.7.10\... and then tried to use WinZip 8 to extract and re-install. If you double click ...

4-Digit Date Conversion
I am importing client data from a UNIX database into an Excel worksheet. Approximately 10% of the clients' birthdates are converting over into the wrong century (ie., born 2028 instead of 1928). When you view the client data in the database, however, the 4-digit date of birth displays correctly as 1928.... so something is happening in the conversion process. Does anyone know what may be happening? Thanks, Jessi Jessi The century is determined by your Windows Regional and Language Settings. Start>Settings>Control Panel>Regional and Language Options>Regional Options>C...

Print Preview Wrong
I am using Excel 2003. When I am in print preview, the status bar n longer shows up. What can I do about this? Thank Yo -- dwe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dwei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1607 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27531 Hi this only happens to me when the status bar is not displayed in "normal view" .. in normal view, choose view / status bar and ensure it is ticked before going into print preview ... does this make a difference? Cheers...

What's wrong with this XML File
Hi NG i'm trying to read this XML File <?xml version="1.0"?> <Licence> <Company>Noting</Company> <Type>Workgroup</Type> <Count>5</Count> <ProduktName>AMKCD</ProduktName> <LicenceNumber>2986-E0EC-0740-417D-96FF</LicenceNumber> <Validedate>09.09.2004</Validedate> </Licence> with the XMLTextReader... But while opening the File from c:\Test.xml, i got this error Message "The path contains illegal characters." Any idea ? Regards Peter I don't think there is a...

Mark my comments with
I had an employee leave and as the new employee had the same requirements, I renamed the last user in MS Exchange and amended email addresses etc accordingly. The problem is that when the new user replies to emails, whether text or otherwise, Outlook auto inserts the prior employees name. When I go to the "Mark my comments with" setup in Email options, the field is greyed out so I can't check or uncheck. Changing the options on "On Replies and forwards" makes no difference, still greyed out. Any ideas? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message...

What am I doing wrong? (Protecting forms)
Hi, I'm doing something wrong and I can't figure out what. I created a form (like I've done many times before) and I'm trying to protect it but when the Protect Form pane comes up, I check the box that says "Allow only this type of editing in document:" and I select "Filling in forms" from the drop down list. Normally, the "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button becomes active and I would then select it but it's grayed out as is the the lock on the Forms toolbar. This has happened to me once before and I had to start over wi...

Wrong selling price invoiced to customer
Hello: What is the best way to correct a pricing error on an invoice. The customer has requested they just want the difference credited back to them. Should I tell the user to a) Credit the entire invoice in Sales Trx Entry and remake an invoice with the correct price b) Have AR create a credit memo for the difference or c) Do something else Is there a "preferred" way to do this? I'm running GP9 SP2. Thank you in advance for any assistance. -Joe If you closely track the selling price for statistical analysis/history etc you might take the voiding/reissuing road. Otherw...

Event ID: 2012 / 2013 SMTPSVC [ANNOYING ANNOYING ANNOYING]
I get these errors every hour on the hour for the past week. My logs look nasty with all these reds and yellows...me no likey, MS plz fix. thank you. Ode to Event ID: 2012 and 2013 Stop errors are Red Warning are yellow If I get more of these errors my server will not say HELO Event Type: Warning Event Source: smtpsvc Event Category: None Event ID: 2012 Date: 4/27/2004 Time: 6:57:22 AM User: N/A Computer: CASEYEXCH Description: SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '10.0.0.25'. The protocol used was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible. For more information, see Help...

account wrong in exchange admin
I have exchange 5.5 on a NT 4.0 box. I have a couple of strange questions and I think the resolution is related. 1) The first problem: In exchange admin program I am looking at the mailbox resources. I see the user name of John Doe, but for the Windows NT account it is wrong, the NT account shows the correct domain but a different users name is there. Looks like this: <domain>\someuser 2) The second problem: I think this is related to the the 1st problem, when John Doe creates a meeting inside calendar, all replies go to someuser. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Christi...

Annoying Blue Paragraph symbol
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I make the blue paragraph symbol and the blue spacer dots go away?? Click the Show/Hide button on the standard toolbar. And prepare yourself for much more frequent document corruption and crashes, because you can't see properly where you are editing. If you want to run with all the control characters hidden, be aware that things will fail more often. You might want to also set "Always make backup" to ON. Cheers On 14/02/10 10:43 AM, in article 59bb2d19.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2a...

Old e-mails in inbox/Junk box with wrong date stamps, "unknown" au
Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails with wrong date stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off yahoo mail server even though I checked option to leave mail on server. Skarmio;1219213 Wrote: > Junk Mail inbox filling up with author unknowns, old e-mails with wrong > date > stamps showing up in Junk box. New e-mails being deleted off yahoo mail > server even though I checked option to leave mail on server. Sounds like a lot of spam, no way to stop it once they get your address. A possible solution. Open a new account. Giv...

Split Transaction Annoyance
I *think* this is new in MSM2006, but am not sure. When entering a split transaction, once the split categories and amounts are entered, you click "Done" if it all adds up to the total amount of the transaction. No problem. If the splits don't add up, you're given popup choices to fix it. Fine. So, by opting for "Done," you've told Money you're finished with entering the split information and that it's correct. This takes you back to the main transaction page, which now has "Accept" bolded for action. However, if you press "Acc...

Log files on wrong drive
Hi, Exchange 2000 SP3. I've moved my database and streaming file locations in System Manager to drive F: They have moved okay but the log files are still writing on C: Is this to be expected and how can I change that location as well? Thanks, Peter The log file location is found on the properties of the Storage Group. Change it there, and it will automatically move them for you. Note that when you move the log files, it will have to dismount any databases that are using them while it moves the log files. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot...

wrong Display Name name being used
When comments were made in my thread, they read baker128. I am not that person, but my email was notified that I had a comment about my question. I sent in a note and was told to sign out then sign back in again. No luck. Any ideas what is going on? -- d&d In article <E1F118AB-67D0-4943-B883-3DC06102652D@microsoft.com>, Baker128 wrote: > When comments were made in my thread, they read baker128. I am not that > person, but my email was notified that I had a comment about my question. I > sent in a note and was told to sign out then sign back in again. ...

Wrong Calendar day
Hello All, We have an odd problem. When I create a meeting for today and try to forward it, It gets forwarded with 2000 date instead of 2004 year stamp. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks in advance. ...

Wrong Capital Gain on Short Sales (Money 2007)
This may have been discussed, but I can not find it any more. I do some futures. So they are long and shorts. Short sale is very common. But M-2007 does not calculate capital gain correctly. Say, I sold one future at $10,000 total notional value, then bought it back at $9,900 and made $100. M-2007 somehow has a capital loss of $19,900 or something like that. Is this a known Money error? Thx. Money handles short positions perfectly for me. I use M2002. When you enter a short position you have to use Short Sell to open and Cover Short to close. Regards Bill Wood "Andrew&qu...

Autocompletion Annoyance
This may seem trivial, but it is somewhat annoying so I wanted to see if anyone had a solution or whether I just had to "deal" with it.... When I go to type someone's name in the "To:" field of an email the normal autocompletion list populates, however, although the person I write the emails to the most is at the top of that list, it highlights a different name so I have to scroll to the top of the list to select the person I email the most. Why does it not start with the top of the list. It just started doing this for some reason. The only thing I can think of i...

Folders in Wrong Language
The folder names display in German, while everything else displays in English. How can I make everything display in English. Already tried the Control Panel>Internet options>General Tab>Language. ...

WLM Wrong Date in E-Mail
Hi, I am using WLM on XP. On one IMAP Account WLM shows the wrong Date for a number of E-Mails and sorts them wrong in the Overview (upper part of the screen). They are several Days in the future (2010). In the expanded view (lower part of the screen) the correct date is shown. When looking at the source code of that E-Mail I see that all time settings are correct of all computers involved and that none is even close to 2010. When working with other IMAP Clients (TB or OE) the Dates are shown correct. Any hints ? Thanks Stephan Does Overview mean the Message pa...

Password annoyance :-(
Hi, I recently changed my .Net email address but Money 2004 always defaults to the original email address and won't allow me to select 'remember password' when I start the program. I have to change the login email address every time and this is a pain. I'm not bothered about PC security in this case as it's only me that uses it. TIA Pete In microsoft.public.money, Night Owl wrote: > > >I recently changed my .Net email address but Money 2004 always defaults to >the original email address and won't allow me to select 'remember password' ...

Checking Balance Wrong
I use Money 2004. This last December direct online access expired. When I tried to connect to my bank directly to download transactions the download failed due to the expiration. Since then the balance reported on Money Homepage and reports is off although the balance in the register is OK. Anyone experience this? Any suggestions to correct? Thanks "JT" <trash@homeboy.net> wrote in message news:2kvxi.5299$924.5215@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net... >I use Money 2004. This last December direct online access expired. When I >tried to connect to my bank directly to...

Annoying toolbar
How do I really get rid of the Business Contact Manager for Outlook toolbar? Customize Toolbar / Delete is good for the current session and then it is back when Publisher opens again. Thanks, Mac Can't say I know much about the Business Contact Manager. I did find a mention on how to enable the toolbar if it is missing. It could be to disable the toolbar would be the opposite since it is a COM add in. Rarely, you may find that the Business Contact Manager for Outlook items are missing from the menu or toolbar. To re-enable Business Contact Manager for Outlook, do the following: Cl...

A question that could be a candidate for an exam must be wrong
Hi! Which of the alternatives at the bottom would you choose after reading this question. "If you want to implement a type-safe ArrayList collection for string values and have the appropriate enumerators for it, which of the following options would you choose?" In this case I must say that I'm very uncertain on the answer that the book say it's the right answer. The book say that StringDictionary is the right choice but that must be wrong. the right answer nust be StringCollection ? Do you agree with me ? -------------...