ANN: MacOffice on Intel-based Macs

Cross-posted!  to 6 public MS Office newsgroups. Delete extraneous groups if
you have application-specific responses or comments, please, or simply start
a new thread for discussion.

MacBU FAQ on Intel Macs
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default.aspx?pid=macIntelQA

I just noticed, dated 30 January 2006, an FAQ on the MacBU site about MS
MacOffice on the Intel-based Macs.  As many people have posted questions on
these groups, it seemed appropriate to publicize the FAQ, which has links to
various press releases and an interview with the head of the MacBU, webpages
which also address such questions.

(apologies if this is a repeat, a cursory search of the groups did not turn
up any reference to this link)

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Thanks Anne but..
Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm Thank for your help ;-) Hi DannyJ, Just out of curiosity - do you really have to start a new thread each time you are going to say something regarding thes topic? :-) Regards, KL "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eGc7AbYiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm > > Thank for your help ;-) > > ...

Rule based on source code??
Is it possible to set a message rule for junk email, based on what is in the source. I am getting a number of emails from a http://www.orgtechservice.com, however, this website does not appear in the header, name, subject, etc. I can only see it if I view the source of the email. Thanks in advance, Craig Craig <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > Is it possible to set a message rule for junk email, based on what is > in the source. Not if the message is HTML. Outlook doesn't seem to scan HTML very well. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS...

Backing up data base
How can I make this automatic when the db is closed? One way might be to call the db from a batch file, and end the batch file with a call to your backup program. Another possibility might be to put a line in the Close event of your Switchboard form which calls the backup program when the form closes. "m galvin" wrote: > How can I make this automatic when the db is closed? On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 08:26:02 -0700, m galvin <mgalvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You can use the Windows Scheduler to schedule a task to perform the backup. In most companies ...

[ANN] New and Updated Scripts
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144512279_12329117 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The following new and updated freeware AppleScripts for Entourage are available at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Other Signature X 1.0.0 This script, when attached to a repeating schedule, will automatically change the signature of a new outgoing message to a non-default signature for specified recip...

Deleting cell contents based on partial content?
Is it possible to delete the contents of all cells in a named range based on the partial contents of those cells? I import data from a database that ends up having thousands of cells whose contents start with 3 asterisks and end with 3 asterisks and I'm looking for a way to delete them all, not just the asterisks but everything in those cells. TIA, -- Jordon Can you sort the data to group all the "***" together, then just delete the selected rows or cells? Then sort them back to the original order. Keith "Jordon" <jordon@REMOVEgrahamtrucking.com> wrote i...

NYC based crm contractor?
Not sure if this is the right forum, but we are looking for a good crm administrator in the NYC for some contract work. If you know of anyone, please have them email me at resumes@traxitech.com Thanks! ...

ANN: Desiree Rogers Is Stepping Down!
ANN: Desiree Rogers (White House Social Secretary) Is Stepping Down! ...

Adding a field based on printed currency for an invoice?
I am trying to add a comment at the bottom of an invoice that says, "This invoice stated in US Dollars" or "This invoice stated in Canadian Dollars" based on which currency it is printed I was able to use the "Currency ID" field from the Sales work table, and this worked unless I changed the report from printing in the "originating currency" to the "functional currency". Any thoughts on another field to base the conditional statement? Thanks, KJ ...

ANN: EXSLT.NET 1.1
Hello! On behalf of the EXSLT.NET team I'm pleased to announce the next release of the EXSLT.NET library. EXSLT.NET library is community-developed free open-source implementation of the EXSLT extensions to XSLT for the .NET platform. EXSLT.NET fully implements the following EXSLT modules: Dates and Times, Common, Math, Random, Regular Expressions, Sets and Strings. In addition EXSLT.NET library provides proprietary set of useful extension functions. Download EXSLT.NET 1.1 at the EXSLT.NET Workspace home - http://workspaces.gotdotnet.com/exslt EXSLT.NET online documentation - http://w...

Promotion: Upgrade Mac 2008?!
Hello, I bought in October the Office 2004 version with the ption to upgrade for 10$ on Mac 2008 after its launch. Today I wanted to complete the forms etc. and found another promotion "Super Suite Deal", where you get for only 6.99$ the Mac Special Media Edition, but only for purchases between Nov 1st and Jan 14th. And I couldn't find the form for the normal "promotion", because I'm excluded form this because of my earlier purchase date... Can anybody help me and tell me if I can still apply for Mac 08? Maybe I can also apply for the Media Edition?! Thank you! ...

images in product catalog or knowledge base
anyone attempted to store images in Microsoft CRM? Client inquiring on capability of CRM to allow images for products. ...

OWA Forms Based Management
I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server SP4. I cannot get Forms Based Authentication to work. I have installed CA Server and setup a cert. I then enabled SSL on the Website and for the Exchange web. Then I enabled Forms Based Authentication. It will not allow a connection. It gives an error. Is it possible to run on Windows 2000? Thanks. Which error? Do you see the new login page? Does SSL work to the images directly under the Default Website? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please d...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Date bug in Entourage 2008 causes birthday information loss"
Microsoft Entourage newsgroup poster Jean Fr�d�ric raised this question: > Each time I try to enter a birthday date in the contact, it is rewritten. > > Example: when I enter 12/06/1942, it turns to 12/06/39 The range of date > concerned goes from 1940 to 1950. > > In addition, when it syncs with iSync, there is a conflict between > Address Book and Entourage that can only be solved by overwriting the > Address Book data with Entourage's. > > Both problems made me lose 70% of my birthday information... > > Do you have any clue? This reminded me of ...

Finding records based on combo box
Hi Everyone I have a spreadsheet in Excel 2003, which has approximately 600 records (or rows). There are a number of values for each record, such as elecment code description and group. I have inserted a combo box onto the spreadsheet, but thats as far as have got. Ideally, I want to limit the number of rows based on what group i selected from the combo box. Any help is greatly appreciated. Phi -- NH ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NHS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3604 View this thread: http://www...

Ann: Contacts to DataBase
The "IMI Contact2DB Synchrony" is small application that can export/extract Contacts items from any Outlook and Exchange Contact Folders, including Microsoft Exchange Server Public Folders and save it to any type of Database. The current build is 0.3 alphas. This version has been tested with Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Access 2002, Microsoft Excel 2002, Paradox 7, DBase. The actual link for the "IMI Contact2DB Synchrony" is: http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/subscribe.asp -- Iv Borissov IMI Support Team http://www.imibo.com/...

Base Unit
We are a consulting and network support firm that also offer phone support. The base for phone support is .25 of an hour. I setup a unit group of hour because we really track everything on a per hour basis. I made the base unit 1 and I think I should have made it .25 instead. How do I change a base unit. I am unable to change my primary unit of 1. I hope this makes sense to someone. Thanks I think you'll have to create another base unit. Dave ...

Updating column based on varying criteria
I have 3 columns (taxable_ac, zone, levy) in a table named "temp". I would like to update levy with taxable_ac*10 where zone=1 and taxable_ac*20 where zone=2. I would prefer to avoid using multiple imbedded if-statements if at all possible. Here is where I got stuck. UPDATE temp SET temp.levy = taxable_ac*"10" WHERE temp.zone="1"; I tried the following, but it obviously doesn't work. It should give you an idea of what i'm trying to do though. UPDATE temp SET temp.levy = taxable_ac*"10" WHERE temp.zone="1" AND UPDATE temp SET temp....

ANN: New Book for WEPOS and POS for .NET
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C6E3A4.0443ED20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a new book coming out: Windows Embedded for Point of Service and = POS for .NET Step-By-Step. Available for pre-orders at=20 http://www.sjjmicro.com The book consists of nine (9) chapters broken into two parts: WEPOS=20 installation and configuration, and working with POS for .NET. Following = a=20 "Learn-by-doing" philosophy, there are many hands-on, step-by-step=20 exercises. Topics ...

OWA Form Based Authentication now working
hi, i need help. i am trying to enable form based authentication but am not having any luck. we have a two server exchange environment. one exchange 2000 ent running on server 2000 standard and the other one is exchange 2003 running on server 2003. i have enabled fba on through esm and also enabled ssl on default website and restarted iis. owa on the exch2000 server works fine and the owa on the exch2003 works fine using the default authentication method. but once i enable fba i get a page can not be displayed error page. can anyone please help. thanks. Silly question. You may have ...

more on customer facing knowledge base
Hello, Does anyone know of a simple module/addin that lets us let our customers search our knowledge base too? Not entire crm, just knowledge base. Matt Hi Matt, It might be that the knowledge base can be exposed by using the webconnector of c360. I'm not quite sure about that. You could also create your own app to allow your customers to do this. But be sure to check Microsofts policies to see if this is allowed regarding the licenses. Hope this helps, Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Matt Landis" wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone know of a simple modul...

BIOS Settings needed for an INTEL D945GNT Motherboard & BL12864AA80A
BIOS Settings needed for an INTEL D945GNT Motherboard & Crucial Ballistic Memory Modules Part # BL12864AA80A I have 2 crucial (BL12864AA80A) 1GB 240-PIN UNBUFF DIMM 128Mx64 DDR2 PC2-6400 CL4 EPP Memory Modules installed in a INTEL D945GNT MOTHERBOARD. The computer is freezing up randomly so I wanted to check the Memory Module Settings.. Currently My motherboard as the following settings... SD RAM Control Automatic. TCL 5 TRCD 5 TRP 5 TRASMIN 15 NOTE: spd defined as nominal [TCL] [TRCD] [TRP] [TRASMIN] (I am quoting you the note in the bios.) ...

ANN: VssConnect V1.1
Announcing the latest version of VssConnect, the remote SourceSafe(r) access solution for $29.95 per concurrent user. New features include: Selectable HTTP or TCP connection protocol. Secure or non-secure connections. Limited file and project history. User definable file difference application such as PMdiff. Multiple projects open at the same time to save bandwidth. Improved VS.NET style docking windows. and more... Compare to SourceOffSite(tm) in price and speed. Visit http://www.vssconnect.com for information and 60 day free trial. ...

Web based financial manager that is equal to M2004?
First, I am not a fan of M2005. I have purchased every version of Money for as long as I can remember and I have looked forward to it each year. This year I was greatly disappointed. I am sticking with Money 2004. Now, with that being sad the one thing that I really want is to be able to use money on 2 computers and have the file be the same on both. Is there a way to to this without ftping the file between computers? Also, is there a web based money manager that is as good as Money 2004? Thanks, Alex Use a memory stick with the money file on it. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Mon...

% Complete based on resource
I am still very new to project 2003 and am trying to figure out how to level % Complete based on resource and duration vs. just duration for example Project currently shows this: Resource Duration % Comp Task 25 Sub task 1 800% 2days 0 Sub task 2 400% 1day 100 Sub task 3 800% 1day 0 Would like it to show: Resource Duration % Comp Task 14 Sub task 1 800% 2days 0 Sub task 2 400% 1day 100 Sub task 3 800% 1day 0 Sub task 2 is 14% of overall work but 25% of total duration how do I show actual work? Thanks for the help! Hi, You shoiw Acxtual ...

[ANN] Quit all Microsoft applications before backing up
This article adds new information that is necessary for a good backup of your Identity. Anything that interacts with the Entourage database needs to be quit in order to back-up the database. This means all Office applications and helper applications. Continue reading for details and solutions to make your backup successful. Quit all Microsoft applications before backing up (The Entourage Help Blog) <http://tinyurl.com/cdvqwy> If you use SuperDuper Backup software, you can use a shell script to quit all applications in SuperDuper. The link to download the script is in the article. Dire...