alt text /accessibilty for screen reader users

Can someone direct me to information or where within the products I can add alternate text (alt text tags) to images/objects? I know how to do it with Windows Office products but can not find out how to do this within the Mac Office products. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

NJ
Assistive Technologist
0
NJ9525 (1)

Command + k and click the Screen Tip button.

Alternatively, right-click the Hyperlink and add the ALT tag manually.

Hope this helps

On 27/02/08 9:19 AM, in article ee8ee18.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"NJ@officeformac.com" <NJ@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Can someone direct me to information or where within the products I can add
> alternate text (alt text tags) to images/objects? I know how to do it with
> Windows Office products but can not find out how to do this within the Mac
> Office products. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
>
> NJ
> Assistive Technologist

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia

0
john7143 (1072)
2/27/2008 11:17:45 AM
Ehhh, I don't think he's looking for a Hyperlink solution John:-) although
that may be the only option.

PC Office 2007 lets you go to any image's, SmartArt's or (supposedly) any
other object's Properties and assign Alternative Text without having to
Hyperlink it to anything. I don't think that made it into 2008.

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

"John McGhie" <john@mcghie.name> wrote in message
> Command + k and click the Screen Tip button.
>
> Alternatively, right-click the Hyperlink and add the ALT tag manually.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> On 27/02/08 9:19 AM, in article ee8ee18.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "NJ@officeformac.com" <NJ@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
>> Can someone direct me to information or where within the products I can
>> add
>> alternate text (alt text tags) to images/objects? I know how to do it
>> with
>> Windows Office products but can not find out how to do this within the
>> Mac
>> Office products. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
>>
>> NJ
>> Assistive Technologist
>
> --
> Don't wait for your answer, click here: http://www.word.mvps.org/
>
> Please reply in the group.  Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.
>
> John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
> +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
> http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
> Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia

0
CyberTaz
2/27/2008 2:13:51 PM
Yeah, we didn't get it.  In Office 2007, all images ARE "Anchors" so it is
trivial to add the Alt Text :-)

Cheers

On 27/02/08 11:43 PM, in article O8$GEqUeIHA.5280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
"CyberTaz" <gtz1@comcastdotnet> wrote:

> Ehhh, I don't think he's looking for a Hyperlink solution John:-) although
> that may be the only option.
>
> PC Office 2007 lets you go to any image's, SmartArt's or (supposedly) any
> other object's Properties and assign Alternative Text without having to
> Hyperlink it to anything. I don't think that made it into 2008.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50

0
john7143 (1072)

Ability to see "User who posted" field from GL in FRx
I would like to be able to see "User who Posted" field from GL YTD Trx table on detail transaction reports in FRx. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Text Search
I am trying to create a paramater query that will result in only the records from the word "customs" but if the user types in "customs fees" then the records should only be from "customs fees". How do you create this type of filtered search? To return all records where the string exists any place in the field you could use Criteria: Like "*" & [What Word?] & "*" If you want to match only if the exact word is included in the field things get a lot trickier depending on how you define word and whether or not your field can c...

Crm Users security permissions
Hi guys, I created one custom entity called "Leave Application". It contains some customs fields along with owner lookup field for CRM USERS. One of the CRM USER has created one leave application record then clicked publish button on toolbar of this entity, then this record should be added to another custom entity called "leave register" of the same CRM USER who was created the leave application record. This CRM USER can able to see his records only in 'leave register'.In the meanwhile he is unable to see other CRM USERS records. Please suggest me is it po...

Lots of text in one cell
After I click on File->New, Excel will begin with a default size empty sheet. If I type a long, say 100+ character, string into cell A1 then that text will visibly spill over in the adjacent cells. Is there a way to tell Excel to resize or redimension cell A1 so that my string completely fills the cell in a nice looking manner??? I basically want any arbitrary string that I type to completely visible and contained within cell A1 in a nice looking way. thank you Hi Tricky to do in a consistent, automated and attractive way. Excel doesn't do attractive on the whole. Y...

Getting the cell reference
Thanks both for the QUICK response - I am amazed!! I was hoping for simple formula as judging by your guys feedback, I am certainly novice user. I will try get my head around the INDEX formula info. Your help is much appreciated. Nick Hodge Wrote: > Duncan > > How are you trying to do this as you are in the misc group? > > Programmatically... > > LastRowInA = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row > > -- > HTH > Nick Hodge > Microsoft MVP - Excel > Southampton, England > nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS > > > "DuncanG&q...

screen size
is it possible to have an excel workbook open to fit the users scree size automaticly -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Brian, The code is Application.WindowState = xlMaximized If you put this in workbook open event, this will achieve what you are after. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "-Brian-H- >" <<Brian-H-.10yvby@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Brian-H-.10yvby@excelforum-nospam.com... > is it possible to have an excel w...

Outlook 2003
Im sending an image from a directory by selecting the image and clicking on the 'E-mail this file' under the 'File and Folder Tasks'. When a new email is opened it is set to text mode by default even thorugh I have it selected to use HTML in the configuration. Also the signature is not showing. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks, grafix@he.net ...

how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts
can you help me?i need to print a t.shirt for a stag night.How do i reverse the picture and text to print on a t.shirt? spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > can you help me?i need to print a t.shirt for a stag night.How do i > reverse the picture and text to print on a t.shirt? Select the text box Edit > Copy Delete Edit > Paste Special > Picture (Windows Metafile) Arrange > Rotate or Flip > Flip Horizontal -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher And sometimes your printer setting will have an option to do that. My HP d...

Character code for ALT-ENTER
Hi All, I am extracting data from excel and I need to know if the data has been wrapped by setting the cell properties. I have been told that excel uses ALT-ENTER to put a soft break in a line. Can anyone tell me what character code this will equate to? TIA Peter Peter Longstaff wrote: > I have been told that excel uses ALT-ENTER to put a soft break in a line. > > Can anyone tell me what character code this will equate to? The character is still the Enter key, but it's sent to the application via WM_SYSKEYDOWN and WM_SYSCHAR messages. -- Regards, Tobias Tobias G�ntne...

Auto add new text to blank line on 2nd sheet
I'm working with a workbook containing 2 sheets. We reuse the same form to keep track of new contacts. What I want to be able to do is enter information on the first sheet and have it automatically be carried to sheet 2's first blank row. Right now, each time I fill in the first sheet, it overwrites the first row of sheet 2. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance Terry S. Instead of using a separate sheet for data entry, the Data Form may do what you need. (Select a cell in the table on sheet 2, choose Data>Form) Or, try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data For...

Text want wrap in text box

Adding text in cells
I would like to add text to a cell just like using word. That is, being able to type a short line and hit return for the next line. Right now I can not have separate lines of text. I would like it to look something like this. The 1st stop is Dallas. Go to the top of the hill and turn right at the tee. Go 14 miles to the light and turn right again. Call me at 12:00 PM. And can parts of the text be bold or have color? Thanks, Art Type first line then hit Alt + ENTER to give a linefeed within the cell. Yes, you can boild and color text within a cell. In the formula bar select the part(s)...

user in multiple business units
hello, Is it possible in some way (not standard) to put a user in multiple business units? Is there a MS CRM add on that allows you to change the security principals? thank you in advance There is no way to add a user to multiple business units (the CRM security model depends on the fact that a user belongs to just one business unit). What security principals do you want to change ? The only supported (or useful) programmatic change is to share records -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "missupport&q...

Add 5 to data in text box!
What would I need for [On Click] in my Control Button that would add 5 to [tbAdditionChargeAmount] each time I clicked it? Thanks for any Help...........Bob Private Sub MyCommandButton_Click() Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount = Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount + 5 End Sub If that doesn't work, try: Private Sub MyCommandButton_Click() Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount = _ Val(Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount) + 5 End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:OJaareyxHHA.4916@T...

Flush right text ??
How do we right justify a portion of the text entry in an Excel 2007 worksheet cell? Right and left justify will shift all the text within a cell to one side or the other. However, other programs have an option for 'Flush Right' or 'Flush Right with Dot Leaders'. This allows the user to enter some left justified text, some dot leaders, and then some right justified text, all in the same cell. We would especially like to know if there is a keyboard shortcut for entering the 'Flush Right' code before typing in the right justified portion. Thank you for any hel...

Text boxes not resizing correctly
Hello all, I have a publisher document that's made up of text boxes, and is postcard sized. When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes bunch up, even if they are grouped together. I think it has something to do with the fact that the 'keep position relative' box is disabled when I try to format the text boxes. Any idea what's going wrong? Thanks, Anna A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Anna <itssteps@yahoo.com>!"... > When I try to resize this to fit a whole A4 page all the text boxes > bunch up, ...

how to split a text into an array of words then rebuild the text and keep the ponctuation?
How to store all the words of a text in a table, modify some of them, then reconstruct the text by retaining the original punctuation? I tried this: words = TextBox1.Text.Split(New String() {" "c, ","c, "."c, ":"c, ";"c, "?"c, "!"c, "'"c, "`"c, "-"c}, StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries) then : Dim WordsSpan = words.Clone Dim word As String For Each word In words word = ("<span class=""blue"" onclick=&q...

How do I insert text on a photograph
How do I insert text on to a photograph without having a background or A BOX? I inserted a textbox from the Drawing toolbar. I rightclicked on that textbox and chose format text box On the Colors tab, I chose fill color: No fill Also on the colors tab, I chose line color: No line Another way would be to do the work in a different program (your favorite picture editor) and use all the features of that program. Then just insert that picture that already has the changes. Mikegail wrote: > > How do I insert text on to a photograph without having a background or A BOX? -- Dave Peter...

How can I count users those use .PST?
Dear Friends, I have Exchange2003 server. Some of my clients use Outlook2003, others use Outlook2002. How can I get the list of users those use .PST? I couldn't find any usable data in Registry of any client's pc.. Regards, Capricorn In news:e2cyItuNGHA.3284@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, Capricorn <Capricorn79@mynet.com> typed: > Dear Friends, > I have Exchange2003 server. Some of my clients use Outlook2003, > others use Outlook2002. > How can I get the list of users those use .PST? I couldn't find any > usable data in Registry of any client's pc.. >...

How do you enter Unicode characters that don't have a Alt-nnnn shortcut?
I have a need to enter a range of non-English names into a combo box on a form in an Access 2003 application. Sometimes this requires the use of accented characters that do not appear on a UK keyboard. If I refer to the Windows XP Character Map facility (charmap,.exe) then I can see that many such foreign characters have been allocated an Alt-nnnn code that is displayed at the bottom right of the Character Map acreen. This makes it easy to enter these characters. However, many other characters have not been given an Alt-nnnn keyboard shortcut. They only have a U-FFFF code, displayed at...

Text Cuts Off
When typing text in the cell, no matter whether I have "WRAP TEXT" on or not, the text is cut off. I read an earlier posting response saying there is a limit of 1024 characters and to use "ALT-ENTER" to get around this. It does not work. Is there anything else I can do? Thank you. Try using a text box from the Drawing toolbar. You can align the box with the cell by holding down the Alt key while you move the borders. "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1025851C-A1FA-4439-A29D-4C179D3D37EF@microsoft.com... > When typing...

Adding two text cells together
I'm using Office 2000. Is there a way to combine two text cells together? ex. A1 text "micro", A2 text "soft", A3 = "microsoft" Thank you for your time. Hi Audrey In A3 this formula =A1&A2 -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Audrey" <Audrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34F70A4B-BB58-4F9C-AE34-2AEB7C961A29@microsoft.com... > I'm using Office 2000. Is there a way to combine two text cells together? > > ex. A1 text "micro", A2 text "soft", A3 = "microsoft&...

tiLinking text in WORD
I would like to update a title and have it auto-update else where in my WORD document. IE: Update the title of document and have the TOC title update automatically It does not happen automatically, you need to select the table of contents and then press F9 and select Update entire table. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "johncigna" <johncigna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3E...

font sizes for To, From, and Subject text boxes
How do you change the font sizes for these 3 textboxes when composing an email? When you set the fonts under Options->Mail Format, only the font in textarea for the message body gets changed. Thanks, Ernest Correct. That's what that setting is for -- to change the message font. If you want to change the font sizes of other elements, you'd have to design a custom form. In some cases, changing the overall Windows font size might also have an effect. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Dev...

problems importing text from Word to Publisher
I am working on a school newsletter in Publisher and have tried to highlight/copy an article in Word and paste it into a Publisher file. When I hit 'paste', the last item that I pasted - a text box - appears and not the article. I have done this many times before in other publications, and am baffled. Help! Create the text box first, right-click the text box, click change text, click text file, browse to the Word document. If you rather copy/paste, open the Office Clipboard from the Edit menu in both Word and Publisher. Is the text you are trying to copy in Word in a text box? ...