Also Can't Install Latest Update

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I'm using a registered version of Office 2008, version shows 12.0.0. Have been trying to install the latest patch 12.1.0 with no success. It sits for ages on the 'examining additional volumes' stage (there are no additional volumes) and then eventually puts the red exclamation mark on my disk with the note, "..a version of the software required is not on this computer.."

I have tried the Autoupdater and the standalone download. Have tried with nothing else running (shift key held whilst logging-in) and have tried creating a new user account. All produce the same error.

What else can I try to get this update to work?

Thanks.

David
0
torchy (6)

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/not_found.html>

--
Diane

Timed SQL Command/ Table Update
I want to set ALL staff accounts to zero credit limit but at a set time. I know I can do this either in Enterprise Manager or in the HQ Administrator but I want it to run automatically at a predefines time. Does anyone know the best way to do this? TIA Sorry everyone, Sorry I should have said, I know the SQL & have laready got the script prepared so just need guidence on how to get it to run at a set time TIA (again) "J" wrote: > I want to set ALL staff accounts to zero credit limit but at a set time. > > I know I can do this either in Enterprise Manager or in...

installing publisher 2000
I have a replacement computer with XP and office 2000 installed for my student daughter. I'm trying to install my copy of publisher 2000 but get an error message that publisher cannot find vreg.dll and so cannot install. a search shows the file is in office directory. how do I proceed ...

Where the security patch updates ?
Ok, so I scan my computer at microsoft update site for the usuall monthly updates but I don't get any result now , so where are they ? thanks Scheduled for Dec 15 release http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms09-dec.mspx -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "snooker416" <mikebreta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8cfafaba-f42a-4442-9d84-b5a84d97608f@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com... > Ok, so I scan my computer at microsoft update site for the u...

install ssis on windows server 2003
Hi there, I can't install SSIS service on my windows 2003 server. SSIS service won't show up in the SQL Server Configuration Manager's services list after i perform a full install from SQL Server 2005 SE installation CD on my server. During this install I've selected a choice for 'Integration Services'. I have Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, standard x64 Edition SP2 installed on the server. I am able to run .dtsx package on the server from BIDS, but I can't run the same script from commandline using dtexec, because there is no SSIS service running. I get...

Also cannot send attachments
I recently upgraded my desktop to Windows XP and Office XP. Now, emails with attachments no longer send successfully. Outlook tries to send them but times out. I have narrowed it down by process of elimination to either Windows or Outlook but I can not find the reason for it. Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Office v. X 10.1.2 Update Problem! Can't find office installation
Hello, i know that there are many other postings regarding the update problem but all the tipps provided didn't solve my problem. If i run the "Office v. X 10.1.2 Update" the installer says that Office is not installed on my machine but this is not true. I tried the following with various tries of starting the update again: - Start the disk / permission util - Renamed the Office folder to "/Applications/Office" - Moved the Office folder to "/Office" - Removed the network plug I reinstalled the Office a couple of times and also reinstalled the whole OS X 10...

Uninstalling the 2007 Office Suites re: Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength Uninstalling the 2007 Office Suites. Even though I'm still using Office 2000 SP3, I have downloaded the Office 2007 files from Windows Updates as they came along. I know they are located in Control Panel's System, but I would say they are not installed files since they don't appear on the Program Files menu. In regard to prepping for SP3, are they considered "Installed" with the Microsoft Installer? When reviewing the...

PlayReady will not install <pic of error>
Windows 7 64 bit Media Center, Hauppage WinTV-HVR 950 I get this error: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2jb5l3c&s=6 "An Error was encountered insalling playready..." I have tried to install it via the tools menu, and get the same thing. I don't even need "Playready" (I don't think, all I want is OTA content). And when I choose to skip it's installation the next screen about downloading my regional data is stuck at one bar and stays that way for a long time (more than 15 min.) before I exit. Is there a way re-install WMC, or get to an .ini...

Questions on PocketPC and also repositories
I was thinking of switching to Money from Quicken, but have some questions that I hope someone can answer: 1) Does the PocketPC version come with Money 2004 Premium? 2) I have a laptop as well as a desktop. I would like to be able to have Money on both of them. Is there a "repository" where my profile can be stored so that I can enter info into both the laptop and the desktop, and my information remains current? Thanks. Joshua yes, the ppc version comes with the desktop. I'm not totally clear on your second question, but my guess is no. You can share a datafile over a n...

Unable to Install Trial Version
Hello, I am writing here as my last attempt before I give up on this product altogether. I am a Quicken user, but I downloaded the Trial version of Money 2005 because I was considering switching over. Unfortunately, I cannot even complete the setup process. It will not detect my internet connection, even though I am certainly connected. I tried to contact tech support, but being a trial version, I do not have a product key. This means it would cost me $35 to ask them my question. No thank you. Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sail ...

"Microsoft Dynamics RMS also integrates with PC Charge, ICVerify,
I am trying to find out more information about Credit Card Processing. It seems that everyone says this can be done, but I can't seem to find out what needs to be done. Any suggestions? Every vendors says to talk to the other vendor saying it's the others responsibility. I purchased IC-Verify because of the statement below on the Microsoft site. "Microsoft Dynamics RMS also integrates with PC Charge, ICVerify, and other leading providers." Does anyone know where I can find out how to accomplish this? check out knowledge base article 835954 How to integrate ICVeri...

Also
I forgot to mention, this is the second error I get, and can't find much info on this either LSEditor fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt ...

Installing CRM 4.0 not seeing AD
When I attempt to install CRM 4.0, I get the the part where you tell it where the OU is in your active directory. I use the browse button, and it brings up the search window with my domain listed. I open my Domain, and then select the folder for Domain Controllers. No servers are listed. I am using Server 2008 standard for both CRM and my Domain controller. ------=_NextPart_0001_56B70D08 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Joel, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. Please select the OU for CRM install, not server. When you select an O...

Payroll update hangs
Has anyone else had problems with the payroll update engine? This is the first time I'm using it as I just upgraded to 7.0 this spring. Our SUTA accrual was ignoring the wage limit and calculating the tax based on all wages, not just taxable ones. Our VAR told us to apply the R4 tax update even though it didn't seem to apply to us. I applied the update through the Payroll Update Engine on my workstation, and it fixed the report! However, the other workstations still calculate incorrectly, even though they all share a common Reports.dic. I tried applying the tax update a...

Is IIS a prerequisite to install Exchange 2003 (or at least admin tools)
I downloaded the evaluation version and just started the install. I ran forestprep and domainprep. When I run Exchange setup, I cannot select typical under "action". It says "The Microsoft Exchange System Management Tools cannot be assigned the action "install" because : - The NNTP component of Microsoft IIS is either not installed or disabled - The SMTP component of Microsoft IIS is either not installed or disabled etc I selected a Custom install and selected None for the tools, but it didn't seem like Exchange installed at all....no errors, said it finished, but ...

Business Portal 4.0 install
The prerequisite checker tells me that .NET Framework v3.0 is not installed... but I know it has been installed (it's required for MOSS 2007). Can I just go ahead and install BP? You are fine. It's a bug in the checker. "check" <check@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA48A7BD-1537-4589-9389-2C7FFF19DDA8@microsoft.com... > The prerequisite checker tells me that .NET Framework v3.0 is not > installed... but I know it has been installed (it's required for MOSS > 2007). > Can I just go ahead and install BP? Thanks! "T"...

DataGridViewComboBoxColumn change to automatically update DataGridView
I have a standard DataGridView. One of the columns is a DataGridViewComboBoxColumn. When I select one of the ComboBox items, I want to trap the change and add additional columns based on the item selected in the ComboBox. I've tried using CellValueChanged for the DataGridView column, and a bunch of other events, but none of them is fired when the DataGridViewComboBox value is changed. What event can I trap to make this happen? Right now as I said, I am using CellValueChanged, but of course the event doesn't fire until I click on another cell... -- Message posted via DotNetM...

Corrupt emails after installing Exchange 2003 SP2
I am running exchange 2003 enterprise on windows 2003 server SP1. A couple of weeks ago I installed SP2 on my exchange. Everything went OK during the install and the server seems to function as before. The only problem is that I seem to be receving 5 to 6 corrupt emails a day. All of them are from known senders and all seem to share the same characteristic in that the sender has forwarded another message as an attachment. When you open the attached message, however, it is empty and is marked "this message has not been sent". It has been suggested that this may be being caused...

Secret to Installing VB6 in Vista
I've spent three hours trying to install VB6 in Vista. It always gives an error message about some problem accessing to the Registry and then cannot load OCXs. One piece of advice I've seen several places says: "The Visual Basic 6.0 IDE and SP6 setup needs to be run with UAC on, with the local user running as Admin, running with elevated privileges (right click on the setup exe and select 'Run As Administrator...')". I've done it that way as well as a couple of others and I get the same result. Jim are you right clicking the setup file and select...

Unable to Install Microsoft Office 2004 Updates
I tried both the auto-update from within an individual office product (Excel) as well as the download from the Microsoft website. In both cases I am able to download the update, but once it starts it gives me an error message that says: Software could not locate the correct version of the software reqruired to install this update. Upon checking Component Plugin it shows that I have installed 11.2.5 (060523). I have tried to install Office 2004 Update 11.2.6 as well as 11.3.0 and neither one works - both give me the same error as above. Office 2004 works fine and I have no problems running...

Installing multiple Sales for Outlook clients
Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or must all clents be installed MANUALLY? jorgen.b Jorgen Many have trid to figure this out but I have not heard of anyone having any success with automating the install of SFO. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 18 Jan 2005 05:08:49 -0800, "jorgen.b" <lunarleaper@yahoo.com> wrote: Is it possible to install multiple Sales for Outlook clients via script/msi upon user log on to network, or ...

Windows Installer and explorer
Message: whenever I open explorer or any link in it, it opens windows installer and I wait for it to "install". It began in 7pro and since then I have uninstalled pro, uninstalled 7, and tried 6. to no avail. I reinstalled 7 and have tried every tweak in the program, still no luck. How do I kill the installer What IS Pro 7? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "mikeno" <mikeno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2378E086-BC90-473B-B458-C4E8A61B4F6D@microsoft.com... | Message: whenever I open explorer or any link in ...

XP3 is still in "automatic updates"
OK, so I procrastinated the install of sp3. Coincidentally I read about the deadline of patches and things on July 13,2010. So I read a post or two about where one can read and go update on the web xp3. I glanced at a few of the support pages, when I remembered that Its probably already download and have had it 'sitting' ready to install for a while; in my automatic updates. I am relieved due to the size of this update. So, can I assume that Windows did download this and all I have to do is click install and no further action or investigating on my part is necessary? ...

How to change drive letter assignment prior to installing XP?
How to change drive or partition letter during windows xp setup from CD, when some other partiton has taken already drive C: Right now it's a laptop, where is over 100GB of spare to create a Windows partiton but on Windows XP setup blue screen states there is a drive C: Partiton1 - HP Tools, which I don't want to delete but just how to assign another drive letter to it? Perhaps there is some extra tools on the Windows XP setup CD? Thanks! Is the spare 100GB already part of the C: partition ? If so then you will need a third party utility like EASEUS, Partition Ma...

Reply-to-all on messages makes my own name also go into the To: line??
Gurus, In my Outlook 2003 in corporate mode, everytime I reply-all on a message sent to me by people within my own organization, my own name gets inserted into the To: line for some strange reason and I have to manually delete it so I do not get replies to "myself". I get copies of all messages I sent out automatically in my Sent Items folder. I do not need these also appearing in my own Inbox. How can I stop this annoying behavior? -- Spin On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:01:01 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote: >Gurus, > >In my Outlook 2003 in corpora...