All Office apps in 11.2.3 on MacBook Pro have to be force quit

I recently bought a MacBook Pro and installed Office 2004 with all
updates to 11.2.3. Generally everything works correctly. But about 90%
of the time when I quit out of an application I have to force quit to
make it completely go away.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

0
pridemore (1)

<pridemore@gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently bought a MacBook Pro and installed Office 2004 with all
> updates to 11.2.3. Generally everything works correctly. But about 90%
> of the time when I quit out of an application I have to force quit to
> make it completely go away.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

We sure dont; have the probem on the MacIntel iMac we received recently
here. Did you check the Permissions on your drive ?? (using Disk
Utility).

Corentin

--
      --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone)  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

I've also observed that if the application (e.g. Excel) is left open
for an extended period of time, then it may hang, and need to be
terminated with Force-Quit.

0
gerrymac (7)
4/30/2006 8:23:08 PM
In article <1146428588.304528.179330@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 gerrymac@darykon.cet.com wrote:

> I have observed the same issue on my new Mac Book Pro. I've been trying
> to narrow down the cause. I removed some older PPC startup items (for
> Palm, etc.) No change.
>
> I've also observed that if the application (e.g. Excel) is left open
> for an extended period of time, then it may hang, and need to be
> terminated with Force-Quit.

Happens periodically with me too on mirror door dual 867. Has always
been that way with MS Office products.
I have learned to live with it. Excel, especially.

labolide (127)
5/1/2006 4:05:08 AM
That's REALLY weird? I wonder if it's related to Dual Processors
(Dual-core Intel and Dual Proc PPC.)

I've run Mac Office for YEARS on previous Powerbooks (867GHz and
1.25GHz) and NEVER saw this!

0
gerrymac (7)
5/1/2006 6:11:33 PM
In article <1146507093.701810.301710@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 gerrymac@darykon.cet.com wrote:

> That's REALLY weird? I wonder if it's related to Dual Processors
> (Dual-core Intel and Dual Proc PPC.)
>
> I've run Mac Office for YEARS on previous Powerbooks (867GHz and
> 1.25GHz) and NEVER saw this!

No problems on my iBook.

labolide (127)
5/1/2006 6:57:37 PM
In article <labolide-527CEE.11573601052006@news.giganews.com>,
 Kurt <labolide@spacegmail.com> wrote:

> In article <1146507093.701810.301710@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
>  gerrymac@darykon.cet.com wrote:
>
> > That's REALLY weird? I wonder if it's related to Dual Processors
> > (Dual-core Intel and Dual Proc PPC.)
> >
> > I've run Mac Office for YEARS on previous Powerbooks (867GHz and
> > 1.25GHz) and NEVER saw this!
>
> No problems on my iBook.

But then again, I run Office along with the full Adobe suite of products
running everyday, in addition to Flash, a few browsers, Virtual PC and
other miscellaneous programs. No problems with the others (except to
occasional Golive crash), only with Office products. Lots of memory
allocated.
The iBook gets far less use.

labolide (127)
5/1/2006 7:03:13 PM
I just put in another 1GB of RAM in my MacBook Pro (2GB total, and it's
A LOT happier. The hanging app problem has virutally gone away, and
ONLY occurs now if I load up about 16 active apps, including all 4 of
Office 2004's apps.

I strongly suspect that this is a Memory Management Issue. When Free
Memory gets short, or goes to 0, the systems ends up swapping memory
on/off the HD extensively. You WILL see a delay or the spinning Beach
Ball when this occurs excessively. Applications are NOT supposed to
hang, even in a system that is "thrashing" itself, so there is VERY
likely a bug here somewhere.

The cure to "thrashing" is to add more memory. I've confirmed with my
Apple guys, that the Intel based Macs do run better with more memory.

0
gerrymac (7)
5/6/2006 2:26:57 PM
In article <1146925617.315614.111860@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>,
 "Gerry" <gerrymac@darykon.cet.com> wrote:

> The cure to "thrashing" is to add more memory. I've confirmed with my
> Apple guys, that the Intel based Macs do run better with more memory.

ANY machine runs better with more memory...

labolide (127)
5/8/2006 2:03:03 AM
<picardmeister@gmail.com> wrote:

> From the date of your previous posts, I'm guessing that you have the
> 15" MacBook Pro, am I right?

I have one as well and I'm not seing that. I wonder what the difference
might be... Did you install Office through the instaler or drag and
drop?? Did you try repairing permissions??

Corentin

--
      --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone)  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)
6/15/2006 3:07:03 PM
I have been having serious trouble with word..but now notice that
powerpoint invariably hangs if opening slide shows. today excel has
been playing up. icons disappear etc.

permissions have been repaired......

Rgds

Corentin Cras-M=E9neur wrote:
> <picardmeister@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > From the date of your previous posts, I'm guessing that you have the
> > 15" MacBook Pro, am I right?
>

> I have one as well and I'm not seing that. I wonder what the difference
> might be... Did you install Office through the instaler or drag and
> drop?? Did you try repairing permissions??
>
> Corentin
>

> --
>       --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone)  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
>        http://www.mvps.org       -     http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>     MVPs are not MS employees    -    Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS
>  Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me    -      Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'=E9crire

On 6/21/06 7:36 AM, in article
1150889806.169645.263460@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com,
"tjmanikath@gmail.com" <tjmanikath@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been having serious trouble with word..but now notice that
> powerpoint invariably hangs if opening slide shows. today excel has
> been playing up. icons disappear etc.
>
> permissions have been repaired......
>
> Rgds
>

> Corentin Cras-M�neur wrote:
>> <picardmeister@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> From the date of your previous posts, I'm guessing that you have the
>>> 15" MacBook Pro, am I right?
>>

>> I have one as well and I'm not seing that. I wonder what the difference
>> might be... Did you install Office through the instaler or drag and
>> drop?? Did you try repairing permissions??
>>
>> Corentin
>>

>> --
>>       --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone)  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
>>        http://www.mvps.org       -     http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>     MVPs are not MS employees    -    Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS
>>  Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me    -      Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire

Have you ever used disk utility to repair permissions?

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)
6/21/2006 11:45:47 AM
<tjmanikath@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been having serious trouble with word..but now notice that
> powerpoint invariably hangs if opening slide shows. today excel has
> been playing up. icons disappear etc.
>
> permissions have been repaired......

There is definitively something weird on your Mac. I clearly never see
that.
I would suggest the usual trouble-shooting tips:

- boot on your install DVD to launch Disk Utility from there (in the
menus). Try "repairing" the boot volume. Once you are done, select your
internal drive as the boot volume in StartupDisk - still in the menus
(don't proceed with the actual re-install of MacOS X ;-)  ), and reboot.

- try logging into a different user account. If everything is fine
there, then one of your prefs is most probably corrupted.

- if none of the above works, use the uninstaller to remove Office and
reinstall it from scratch.

        Corentin

--
      --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone)  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

getdlgitemtext #2
Hi, I meke code from example behind, and not working corectly, buffor "String1" they are no my text in IDC_EDIT1 it is a somthing wrong this bufor, may please send me good idea. void CDialogPASS::OnBnClickedButtonDp2() { CString String1; GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1, String1); } mike 1010 Is IDC_EDIT1 an actual control? I've seen this fail when the control ID changes due to editing of the dialog. joe On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:44:33 +0200, "1010" <mig1010@wp.pl> wrote: >Hi, > >I meke code from example behind, and not working >corectly,...

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

queue stuck #2
HI... i ahve exchange 2003 and i am facing problem that i am getting lot junk email and all messagess are stuck in queue ..after that my server hang so i need to restart server and clear the queue before restart it does't allow me to clear the queue ... pls help me .. tejal ...

Trouble sending emails #2

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

double lookup #2
In Excel2000, I need help with the following formula: my data is arranged like this ( I can rearrange if needed).. joe pete sue rating 30 10 5 A 20 5 3 B 10 2 1 C I then have values for joe, pete, sue. I want to look up the name and then give me the rating. The numbers may not be exact. For example, I want the output to look like this ( with the formula looking up the rating) name amount rating (formula needed) joe 11 C pete 7 B sue 1 C Can someone please help me with the formula to fi...

Excel problem #3

3-Color Scale Vlookup for Current Month/Previous/Pre-Previous
Is it possible to Conditionally Format a cell so that the colors are based off of VLOOKUP's? What I mean is I have a table on another tab and it has by month how complete the build is. I want the conditional format to color the percent of the current month red, percent of previous month yellow and pre-previous month green. I tried putting the formula =("41227-1",BuildData,18,FALSE) as the current, = ("41227-1",BuildData,17,FALSE) as the previous, and = ("41227-1",BuildData,16,FALSE) as the pre-previous. However, it uses only the cells value to colo...

Report Error 11-24-04
When attempting to run CRM Reports for the first time we are receiving the error "Information is needed before this report can be processed" I have found documentation that states that this can happen if your server has an underscore. Our server does not it is named ourcompany.server.eeecrm Can the periods have the same effect as the underscore. Or does anyone have another cause? Thank you Hi There - Hope you don't mind but I wish to piggy-back on your post. I get the same error on our custom reports that use OLE DB to connect to another SQL server other than the MS CRM ...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

force excel to run in only one process excel.exe
force excel to run in only one process excel.exe, excel seems to want to make multiple excel.exe loaded into memory which causes mysheet.copy to fail so i have to close out the xls, kill all running excel.exe, then run the xls again and the macro works. i only have to do this when i am actively debugging a lot. if i just run my macro w/o opening the vba debugger, i can run it as much as i want, but if i run with break points it crashes a lot because of multiple excel.exe loaded into memory. perhaps there is a way i can force excel to only load one excel.exe? Daniel, Are you using Automatio...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

Office 2007 11-23-09
Of all the choices out there (community discussion, dashboard, live, etc.) how can I contact someone with input on Microsoft's software. For example, I want to know why any one would not display the most common commands on the HOME tab in Office 2007. Print, Save, Open, Close, Spell Check, Undo, etc. etc. etc. Yes, I know you can customize your own Toolbar, but not a beginner. How can I emphasize how important this is, I don't suppose you can customize the Tabs. I would like to ask someone why they can't get input from those of us who teach their products. ...

Search #3
Why does Outlook 2003 automatically switch to seach mode within about five seconds after selecting one of the other folders (i.e., Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Notes)? Pop-ups are also displayed above the search field as well and would like to remove this from Outlook. (After all it is my computer and I do not want to share with unwanted soliciters). This does not happen on any of my installations. Please be more specific with when and how this happens - detail the steps to reproduce the situation as I am unable to do so based on your post. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

Bank Deposit #3
We would like to suggest being able to create multiple bank deposits from the Bank Deposit Entry window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5f3f4cb3-e7f4-4d76-...

Font problem with Office 2004 for mac
I have Tiger, whenever I try to Launch any Office program, as the the menu loads to 'optimizing font menu performance' It pops up with 'The font " " has been corrupted and should be removed'. It does this with MANY fonts, many of which I don't even have in my font folder. It does this every time during the program start, and most times even if I go through clicking ok 40-60 times it will sometimes freeze up anyway. Anyway to fix, get around this problem? Please email me at madefornothing@yahoo.com. Hi, this problem affects quite a few users, and there'...