Address Word Letter X for Office 2004?

I've been unable to get the Address Word Letter X script to work on my new
version of Office 2004.

The Prefs script won't recognize my stationery file (it's grayed out).

Did the revisions for scripting in Office 2004 break the script? Is there a
workaround?

Thanks,

Steven

Hi Steven,

What script is this?  Did you check macscripter.net to see if a new version
is out?  If not, your best bet is probably to go back to the ReadMe on the
script and see if you can email the script writer and ask them about it. Or
you could try opening up the script looking for anything obviously wrong.

DM

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
11/2/2004 4:18:43 PM
On 11/1/04 2:59 PM, in article BDAC2A1A.5B98%steven@brierit.com, "Steven
Brier" <steven@brierit.com> wrote:

> I've been unable to get the Address Word Letter X script to work on my new
> version of Office 2004.
>
> The Prefs script won't recognize my stationery file (it's grayed out).
>
> Did the revisions for scripting in Office 2004 break the script? Is there a
> workaround?

This is one script that needs to be re-done for 2004 due mostly to the new
Word scripting. As it happens, I did actually devise one during the Word
beta program so it won't take me long to check it over.

Nevertheless the error you're reporting is not one I'd expect. Where did you
make your stationery file? In Word 2004? Word X? Or a Word Windows version?

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP MacOffice

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Microsoft Office you are using -
**2004**, X  or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions
otherwise.

0
berkowit (221)
11/4/2004 6:18:34 AM
On 11/3/04 10:18 PM, I wrote:

> Nevertheless the error you're reporting is not one I'd expect. Where did
> you make your stationery file? In Word 2004? Word X? Or a Word Windows
> version?

Word 2004, yes? I've just discovered that there's a new file type for
stationery made by Word 2004. I'll include it in the Address Word Letter
2004 version.

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP MacOffice
Entourage FAQ Page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/index.html>
AppleScripts for Entourage: <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/>

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Microsoft Office you are using -
**2004**, X  or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions
otherwise.

0
berkowit (221)

updating Office 2008 from 12.0.0 to 12.1.0
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Step by step, how do you update? I've been trying for two days and no luck yet. In article <59b77721.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Texas_Rex@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Power PC > > Step by step, how do you update? I've been trying for two days and no luck > yet. I just did it a few days ago. First, I ran the Remove utility in the Microsoft Office 2008/Additional Tools folder. I then used my 12.0.0 disc for a n...

Integration with Office
I have an access database that i use to import data to excel and word via macros. Can i use Microsoft CRM's SQL database to do the same thing? Any help would be much appreciated. Technically, you can use Office's ability to query from any SQL database to get data into Excel or Word. However, accessing the DB directly will bypass the built-in security of the application and would not be "supported". Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:17:01 +1000, "Marlen" <m_fowler31@hotmail.com...

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Out of Office auto-reply
If I turn on my Out of Office auto-reply and then someone sends an email to a distribution list that I'm a member of, will my Out of Office reply get sent to that person? If they are internal to your exchange organization, yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, AlfredCM asked: | If I turn on my Out of Office auto-reply and then someone sends an | email to a distribution lis...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

russian grammar checker in word 2000
how can I install a Russian Grammar Checker in MS Word 2000? ...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Deleting Templates In Word
Using Office 2007 When I go to START, New Office Document, I am offered the templates I have recreated but also "Blank Document, Blank Workbook, Blank Presentation, Blank Database, Blank Publication". I never use these and would like to delete them. Anyone know how to do that? Thanks. While you can remove entries from the Windows Start Menu (they are just links) you cannot remove the default templates from Office. Office will simply recreate them. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>...

Pasting from Word 2002 to Outlook 2003
How can I can capture (replicate programatically) the act of copying the body of a Word document to an Outlook message? Thanks Ask in a Programming group for Word or Outlook for help with programming = questions. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Namgaw asked: | How can I can capture (replicate programatically) the act of copying | the body of a Word document to an Outlook message? Thanks ...

Crashes on MS Word 2008
I have installed MS Office 2008 since this March. I have been using it fine since, but starting from some time in June, every time I use Word, it will crash. It would open fine, but after I click on it or as soon as I start typing something, it would crash. I haven't been able to find any solutions. Please if there is Mac gurus out there who could help me out. Here's the error log report. Thank you: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-11-11 20:40:47 +0800 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application B...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Word 2003: Hide underlying macro to unprotect document
I would like to give our clients the ability to unprotect a form should they want to modify the terms and conditions. I found this macro on a board and it works: ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:="pwd" However, I don't want our clients, or our sales teams, to be able to double click and see the VB editor where the actual password is typed in. Is there a way to prevent them from doing this? Thank you. You can lock the project with a password. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "mela" <mela@discussions.micr...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

OT what's with microsoft.public.office?
Sorry to be off-topic, but wondering what's with microsoft.public.office. It's filled with spam and looks like it's not being monitored or maintained. At least microsoft.public.excel looks OK. Actually, I shouldn't have said microsoft.public.office was filled with spam, it just has a little bit--even that's too much, tho! I should have said microsoft.public.shortcutbar--that IS filled with spam. All this by way of saying "never mind my post" "insaprsr" <cmxlusegrp@xemaps.com> wrote in message news:pUSbd.19$oU3.2@trndny04... > Sorry t...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

sorting letters in words into alphabetical order
I have an Excel column of surnames. Is there any way of sorting the letters within each surname into alphabetical order, OTHER than by using left, mid and right functions to strip out the individual letters and then perform a sort on them. Thanks in advance. Bobf Bob, You need to strip them out as Sort has no substring facility in the key. Other than that you need VBA. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "bobf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25eb01c52df1$30562f50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have an Excel ...

Word 2003: Macro to insert manual page breaks
We need to match the original layout of Word 2003 documents when creating the HTML version for filing with the SEC. Some documents are over 200 pages. Currently we are inserting a manual page break at the end of each page. Does Word use an internal code to know where to break the pages for 8.5 x 11 paper that we could use in creating a macro? -- Sprinter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sprinter's Profile: 1480 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=178495 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

How do I export an Excel graph into a word document?
Copy, then go to Word, and edit-->paste special. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "jennyb" <jennyb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9A68E8F-71CB-460F-9ADA-EF36C1D6AC95@microsoft.com... > ...