Address book problem with update

I have office 2004 for Mac- before service pack two, I had my Entourage
address book, which was accessible from Word for things like mailing
merges, and which sync'd with my work exchange server.  Now I have two
address books (and calendars for that matter), one which says "on my
computer" which is blank, and one on the exchange server, which has all
my contacts.  The problem is from Word I can only access the "on my
computer" and it has no entries.  I don't want two calendars and
address books/contacts.  I just want one!  and I want them to sync like
they used to!  Can anyone explain to me how to go back?
Juan Jaime

0
zengo (4)

Correction, I mean after the latest update to 11.1.1- the one that just
came.
jdz

0
zengo (4)
10/4/2005 2:32:57 AM
Correction, I mean after the latest update to 11.1.1- the one that just
came.
jdz

0
zengo (4)
10/4/2005 2:33:02 AM
OK- what I meant was 11.2.0

0
zengo (4)
10/4/2005 3:37:56 AM
You should search the Entourage newsgroup, and if you find nothing, repost
there.  More traffic, and a larger number of knowledgeable Entourage people
over there.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage

I think a script to sync the two is in the works, but not yet out, as far as
I know.  Thanks for pointing that out.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

updating Office 2008 from 12.0.0 to 12.1.0
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Step by step, how do you update? I've been trying for two days and no luck yet. In article <59b77721.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Texas_Rex@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Power PC > > Step by step, how do you update? I've been trying for two days and no luck > yet. I just did it a few days ago. First, I ran the Remove utility in the Microsoft Office 2008/Additional Tools folder. I then used my 12.0.0 disc for a n...

ComboBox Lookup Problems
Right now I have a Combobox that you can select a device and it will bring up information about that device and by hitting an edit button you can in turn edit this information. The way this happens is the combobox becomes hidden and a text box appears and then I requery the combobox incase any changes were made when you hit the done editing button. This works fine for devices already in the database. But say I have device A and I want to add device B I click edit and add device B to the DB when I am done editing I click Done Editing and the combobox re-appear. The problem is the combo...

Address List Synchronization
My scenario is I have 2 Windows 2003 Active Directory Forests and 1 Exchange 2003 Organization. The users in the forest without the Exch Org have 2 AD accounts (1 for each forest) and the Exch Mailbox has granted rights to the external accounts. So mailflow works fine and so does free & busy information but the problem is sharing calendars. My problem is the GAL lists the accounts from the Forest that has the Exch Org so I cannot find a way for users in the othe Forest to share their calendars and view shared calendars, since I don't know of a way to share an object that is not...

Contacts folder versus Address Book
I'm running Outlook XP under Windows XP Pro on my home computer. I'm the only user. I want to add a new entry to my Outlook Address Book. I open the Outlook Address Book and click to make a New Entry. At the bottom of the window there is "Put this entry" and two options: Contacts, Outlook Address Book. I click Outlook Address Book and get this message: You cannot create entries for this address book. If, instead, I choose Contacts, there's no problem, I see the new contact in Outlook's the Contacts folder, but not in the Address Book. How do I add a new entry t...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

Problems adjusting to XP
I'm a moderately experienced user with two complaints: 1) I accidentally set the 'recently used file list' to zero, and I meant one. In the Options or wherever it is, now, the box is grayed out and I can't get it re-set to 1. Halp!! 2) 97% of my work is with mini-databases which I prefer to have in Excel, and the new Excel keeps reminding me and scolding me for having text labels which appear to be numbers [duh!!] And it scolds me when I sort. How can I tell Excel to stop treating me like an idjit? -- Regards, P D Sterling www.pdsterling.us 1) No Idea 2) Tools>...

after adding new address they do not come up in address book
I have a very large address book and now when I add new names to it and want to send out my newsletter the addresses I have added do not come up in the list. is there a max to the number of conacts in my list? any suggestions on how to fix this problem? Please provide at least some information. Outlook does not even use an address book. Are you certain you are talking about Outlook and not some other program? What version of Outlook is this? How are you trying to add entries? What happens when you try? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ginaweston" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Problem with Check Run
We just started using GP 7.5 and ran into a problem when printing checks. When we select a certain vendor and then go to select what vouchers to be paid, it works fine. However if I realize that I want to pay an additional voucher for the same vendor and just add to the batch. It will print a separate check for that voucher even though I have "One check per Vendor" marked. I don't know what to do---any input would be appreciated. thanks Hi BK, Open your batch up in 'Select Payables Cheques" and go to edit payments. The apply button will allow you to add add...

SFO sync issue with outlook contacts (address name filed)
Hi all, I installed SFO on several outlook clients to get the CRM database available "on the field". The synchronization (Go offline / Go online) works fine but when SFO adds the CRM contacts to the outlook contact folder, it drops the "address name" field in from contact information. All other fields (First Name, Last Name, Street 1, Street2, ZIP, ...) are copied correctly. I renamed the "address name" field as "street 0" and I am wondering if it could be the reason of the problem. 1- Can anyone tell me if the "address name" field is c...

File transfer problems
I am moving excel files from one computer to another. They both have Office 2000 installed. One has 98 the other XP. I used the files transfer wizard, and also moved them manually. When I open the file on the new computer all of the pages have been changed. It seems the heighth of all of the rows has shrunk because what used to fill a page completely, now has a space at the bottom. Please help, I have 6 years of data that now looks goofy...Thanks Hi One reason could be the resolution of your screen. Maybe it is at a different setting on your new PC. Go to Control Panel / Display t...

i have a problem, need help.
Me and my friends we have a problem , we all are really busty. Come and see. What can you do for us? Http://www.bustyteens.tv Gina --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20060507151013V6m2AaE0 ...

Importing Eudora address book
I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it imported zero of zero contacts. dragonfly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot import an address book from Eudora into Outlook. > I don't get any error messages, it just tells me that it > imported zero of zero contacts. In what form is the Eudora address book? Have you tried exporting from Eudora in a CSV format? Have you tried importing it with Outlook Express and then importing it with Outlook from there? -- Brian Tillman Tha...

Addresses disappear from the address bar
I have Windows 7 x64 and IE v. 8.0.7600.16385 which works fine with one minor exception... Until recently, all the addresses I typed in the address bar were saved and were visible in a drop down window. Since this morning, only the home page address is in the address bar and drop down window contains no other addresses. Even if I type in an address, it disappears if I switch to a home page. I did not change any settings in the Tools > Internet Options... How to restore the save function on the address bar in the IE? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Ilya, Click Alt...

Exchange 5.5 Address Book Views
In Outlook2000, new message, when I click TO: button the GAL comes up. If I want to go down to the contacts I have to arrow down a whole lis of unused offices. I'm unable to delete any of them. In Exchange5.5 under our site name, -Address Book Views --Offices ---a ---b ---c ---yada all these offices are empty except for one, which has all my users bu if I try to delete the unused offices it comes back with "YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION REQUIERED TO COMPLETE THIS OPRATION MICROSOFT EXCHANGE DIRECTORY ID NO. DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS" I am logged in as Administrator with f...

Delete email address
I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the email address? I'm running exchange 2003 -- Thanks for your help. Kevin On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:20:00 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have deleted a public folder that was mail enabled. How do I delete the >email address? I'm running exchange 2003 If the email address is still hanging around, delete the mail-enabled object in ADUC under the Exchange System Objects container ( viewable with Advanced Features enabled. ...

names ans addresses
hi to everyone, have only just joined, so please treat me as an idiot in terms of your writings to me my first question is i want to make a name and address list in excel 2007 and for each column i want name first name introd by like dislike address now what i want to do is to be able to interlink all the columns so that by the typing of word like theatre or gardens i can isolate the others and only to bring up those that like that subject please remember IDIOT language for me please :laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh -- bobbydog --------------------------...

Problems with Transaction Currency
Greetings, I have added several money fields to the Case entity. When I create a new Case by navigating to the Case view and clicking "Create new Case" the Currency gets automatically populated and I am immediately able to enter values in to the money fields. However, if I convert an email to a Case the Currency field does not get populated and when the Case opens I am unable to enter any values in the money fields. There appear to be 2 ways to resolve this: 1) Manually select a Currency. This then sets the currency value for all money fields on the form. 2) Set the currency through...

money keeps updating in the background
money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I can't do anything. any help will be appreciate. In microsoft.public.money, John Gutierrez wrote: >money 2007 keeps updating in the background I am not able to stop it from >doing that, It keeps trying to download information but I can see my accounts >and transactions, this happened when I upgraded to money 2007 from 2006. I >can't do anything...

Address Labels
How to create address labels in excel Kristin, If you have the label information in a table its easiest to use that as your data source for a mail merge in Word. Just make sure that each column has a unique title starting in row 1 column A and the data starts in row 2. And make sure there are no blank rows or columns anywhere else in the table and it should work fine. HTH PC "K. Bieri" <Kristin@Bobaroo.com> wrote in message news:0b4c01c34647$d00310b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How to create address labels in excel ...

How can I update fields in one table with fields in another table?
Hi All I have two tables: my main table and a cut-down version of the main table with newly updated values: Main ------- RefNo Document_Type Version Title ModMain ------------- RefNo Document_Type_UPDATED Version_UPDATED Title_UPDATED I can't work how to use Access's query builder to do the simple task of updating the fields in "Main" with the modified values in "ModMain" where the RefNos match. Can anyone give me a pointer or web link? I cant find any information in Access Help about performing update queries with more than one table. This seems a straight for...

Help with addresses
Hi... using Outlook 2000 (Office 2000/Word 2000) When creating an envelope using Word, then selecting from my address book, I am not sure where Word is getting it's info, I assume my Contact file, but the last line in the recipients address comes up United States of America- of course, it's good... but I only mail in the US and I don't enter that with each contact..and don't want that to print.. is there some way to prevent that from printing? -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

problem with conditional sum in excel 2003
I have a document that I think conditional sum has gotten corrupted in. Below is an example of my problem. If I want to add up all of the emails that Fred has made, I would make start a conditional sum with: the column to sum: emails the column to evaluate is: User the value to get info from is: Fred # User emails 1 Ted 16 2 Fred 4 3 Tom 8 4 Ben 13 5 Sally 2 6 Fred 8 7 Fred 7 8 Sally 11 9 Ben 9 10 Tom 10 Fred 19 The conditional sum should answer 19. The problem I'm having on just one document is that it's just counting the number of times Freds name is listed: 3. I have ...

Send e-mail from different addresses with one Exchange server...
I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each company. How can we make it so he getst to choose which address e-mail is SENT from? Is there a way to do it in Outlook 2007? "centre21" <centre21@gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:f8c27a5a-65fb-4862-b95f-27cd87248a36@v13g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > I have a client that has one 2003 SBS server with Exchange enabled. > This client has two companies and he has an e-mail address for each > company. How can we make it so ...

Update Query ctnd:
Hello, I have tried the code from Arvin however I now get 2 paramater prompts. The 1st is for "transactions.Datefield" and the 2nd "Please enter Waiting or Pending" UPDATE transactions SET transactions.Status = "Cleared" WHERE (((transactions.datefield)<Date()-10) And ((transactions.Status)=[Please enter Waiting or Pending])); Can I run this procedure atomatically when the database opens without the prompts & user input Thanks The first prompt implies that datefield isn't the actual name of the field in your transactions table. The second prompt...

If statement
I have been trying to create my first if statement without success please could someone put me out of my misery. I have two columns with figures in and in column 3 I wish to enter the difference if stock on hand is less than stock needed but if the stock is more than needed I wish to enter zero Example Stock needed stock on hand Order 100 25 75(the formula would calculate difference and enter 75) 300 301 currently my formula is entering -1 but I want it to enter 0 TIA =IF(A1>A2,A1-A2,0) and just copy down -- HTH RP (remove nother...