Adding Word to new Mac

I am a mac user currently using OfficeX on my work computer and laptop.
I have just bought a new mac for my home. Is it possible to load the
same version of Office X to this new computer? Do I need to purchase an
additional license?  Are additional licenses expensive? Thanks for any
help anyone can offer.

0
rcochran (2)

In article <1168397111.800363.264920@77g2000hsv.googlegroups.com>,
 "MacUser1" <rcochran@vtelcommunications.com> wrote:

> I am a mac user currently using OfficeX on my work computer and laptop.
> I have just bought a new mac for my home. Is it possible to load the
> same version of Office X to this new computer? Do I need to purchase an
> additional license?  Are additional licenses expensive? Thanks for any
> help anyone can offer.

The license allows you to use it on your primary computer and a laptop,
so it sounds like you'd need another license to be legal.

If you have a student or educator in the family, you can buy the
Student/Teacher edition, and get three additional licenses. Hard to know
how expensive - I don't know where you can a new version, but you can
find used copies on eBay (from $10 or so as of now) or other outlets.

If not, you'll need to buy another Standard Version, again from a used
software source.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Global client not in new store
We created a Global customer in HQ but when the new store sync, the customer didn't appear. Th store has all operations data, but that specific customer is in the store. How can we make that customer appear in the store? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A8_01CA436E.ECE5D7F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable RicoTowers, Has it moved over yet? If not, make sure the clocks in both stores are = correct and then change any information in the Customer's record. That = should move it on...

Adding hours
Hi, How can I do to add the hours 13:10 + 14:00 to obtain 27:10 instead of 03:10 ? Thanks in advance. Marcel Hi Marcel, Format the result cell as Custom, [hh]:mm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Marcel Nihon" <marcel.nihon@ulg.ac.be> wrote in message news:464f679e$0$7366$4d4efb8e@read.news.be.uu.net... | Hi, | How can I do to add the hours 13:10 + 14:00 | to obtain 27:10 | instead of 03:10 ? | Thanks in advance. | | Marcel | | How can I do to add the hours 13:10 + 14:00 | to obtain 27:10 | instead of 03:10 ? Niek Otten wrote: > Hi Marcel, &g...

New account created after EVERY online update!
Several months ago, I deleted my Amazon.com credit card account (which was set up for online services, btw). After deleting this account, every time I perform an online update, a new "Amazon.com credit card" account is created, which I promptly delete after every update, or I would be overwhelmed with.... Amazon.com credit card account Amazon.com credit card account #1 Amazon.com credit card account #2 Amazon.com credit card account #3 Amazon.com credit card account #4 ....get the picture??? This is driving me crazy... I have repaired the file (standard and Quick)... exp...

Outlook Web Access New Mail Screen Refresh Rate
Does anyone know what the default value is until a new email will show up in your Outlook Web Access mailbox if you do not click the Send/Receive button? Can this default rate be changed? You can set the client notifcation interval through the OWA Admin Tool, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=4BBE7065-A04E-43CA-8220-859212411E10&displaylang=en -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "Linda Rich" <LindaRich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05DEE9AC-D417-42D3-BF14-CB77FBB13CD9@microsof...

Forgot pass word
how can I figure out the pass word I out in when setting up Outlook for my wife? ...

outlook 2002&office 2000
i have outlook 2002 and office 2000 i have been unable to choose word as my email editor because it tells me both outlook and office verisons must match. is there someway around this compatibility problems? (other than upgrading office to 2002?) any assistance or suggestions you can offer would be most appreciated. pamela Tools, options, mail format. N "pamela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cae01c3d541$9c2a1520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > i have outlook 2002 and office 2000 > i have been unable to choose word as my email editor > beca...

Linking Excel Objects to Word in Office 2007
I'm hoping there is a solution for this issue I'm having. We recently switched our office to office 2007 and a new problem seems to be appearing that wasn't there before. In our office we have an Excel document that is set up with a bunch of calculations, and we have a word document that is also set up to go with the calculations. In the word document we have copied and pasted all the excel calculations into word as linked excel objects. We have both the documents saved in the same folder which acts our template which we can re-use over and over. So when we start ...

adding pictures to an excel file that are on a cd
I have an excel file that will be burned to a cd. I need to add a hyperlink (or whatever else will work) to reference and show pictures that are on the same cd. "dogisnuts" <dogisnuts@discussions.microsoft.com>ha scritto nel messaggio 5018F910-9FDF-4988-B874-C814085FD6BB@microsoft.com > I have an excel file that will be burned to a cd. I need to add a > hyperlink (or whatever else will work) to reference and show pictures > that are on the same cd. I think the better solution is: *first* create the link between your Excel file and pictures on your hard drive ...

Filter row to a new worksheet
Hi to All A workbook has several sheets. Colomn CN in Sheet3 has different symbols starting g0, g1, g1a, g1b,..., until the code g12b. Lines 1 to 13 are headers. What VBA code do I need to filter these lines so that it copies all the lines with similar code to a new sheet in the same workbook with the headings. for example: filter all rows with value (g2b) and copy them into a new sheet named (g2b) in the same workbook including the heading lines. I hope that I xplained myself clearly! Within a for each looping macro for each item in the list, You could use data>autofilter>fi...

Adding Sheets
Hi, I'm trying to add about 40 more sheets. Right now I have been just pointing and copying one at a time and then having to rename one at a time. Isn't there a way to just add many sheets at once and rename them progressively? Value 20, Value 21, Value 22 etc.??? You could use a macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim iCtr As Long For iCtr = 22 To 41 Step 1 Set wks = Worksheets.Add(after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)) On Error Resume Next wks.Name = "Value " & Format(iCtr, "00") If...

Adding unique store items in HQ
All: I am new to HQ, just getting used to the concept of Centrally Maintained Data. That's fine, but how do I handle those items that are unique to a store? Is there a worksheet to upload these to HQ? If so, I can't identify it.) thanks for your help, -- Robert Gross If you are using HQ I assume you have more then a single location. I believe you should be creating new item codes in HQ and then sending them to the stores VIA a 250 Worksheet. If the items are unique only to store 1 and not other locations, that worksheet would only be sent to store 1. But again codes are crea...

Dev Environment Same or New Domain?
Hello, Developing for my company is getting more complex and I am setting up a new Dev Environment. Lots of challenges with CRM and Dev, though it is getting better. Main question is regarding Users and Domains. Two basic choices. 1. Install in new domain, import database and map to new users. For sure, I cannot screw up production in this manner, but I also may not be able to actually recreate everything. User GUIDS, etc would be different. 2. Install into existing domain, use a separate OU for this install instance and use the same users. This would allow me to keep the s...

Adding on excel
Excel 2000 Hiya, I have a question for all you brainboxes out there! Im VERY new to excel so please explain clearly or I'll be completley lost!! In the cell A3 I would like to have a "Grand Total". In the cell A2, I would like to enter a number, eg. 400 (this would then appear in A3 as 400), THEN I would like to enter another number, eg. 307 in cell A2. (this wouuld then appear in A3 as 707). I hope that explains it, I find it a bit confusing. Thanks for any help you can offer :) -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England you would need for example A1 307 A2 4...

Adding cells togather on a specific date
Not sure if this is possible or i need to do a VBA or a macro or a formula. i am working on an excell spreadsheet for my vacation. I have a spreadsheet i am working with now and it is ok , just wanna make it better. What i would like to have done is i get 8 hrs of leave a month on the first of the month. i have the months running down the left side. in rolum A a number "8" in colum B. How can i get excell to add "8" to my running total automaticly the first time i have opened excel after the first of the month ? Hope this wasnt to confusing thank you -------------------...

Top Item Report with added Supplier field
Does anyone have a report which has a filter field "Supplier" in the Top Item report? Thanks Dave Heya Dave ;) You can make a (Memorized) copy of the Top Items report with the Supplier field, however doing do gets into a certain complexity; you can have multiple suppliers per item. How you wish to handle that will change how the field is added to the report, should you chose for the item to show up once for each supplier, only once at all with only the primary supplier, &c. Generally speaking, it may be a better idea for you to use one of your other description fields...

How to activate "new" tab in Dataform in EXCEL through VB
Hi, Code: Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm The above code shows up the dataform in an excel worksheet. But how it can be written in such a way so that the data form is ready to accept new record.(Or like the "New" tab clicked.) I hope the question is clear. Maybe something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() SendKeys "%w" Application.DisplayAlerts = False ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm Application.DisplayAlerts = True End Sub (The shortcut for a New record is alt-w (%w in Sendkeys syntax).) shajueasow wrote: > > Hi, > Cod...

New Microsoft CRM Online Help update available now
We have updated the online help for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 based on feedback we received from customers and partners between December 2005 and April 2006. You’ll find expanded information and clarifications in many existing topics, and more than 50 new troubleshooting topics. Download the self-installing Help here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=309129a8-9a6b-478a-87c8-fd7e7e1e6486&DisplayLang=en Crystal Smithwick Technical Writer Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Scripting AD, import/export Contacts
Hi all, I need to be able to sync my SQL server with my AD contacts. The method I thought I might use was to write a file from SQL server and then use a scripting language to import that to AD. I'd need to create new contacts and update existing ones.. I had a look at a couple of examples but I couldn't quite figure out the real meaning of them. Could anybody point me in the right direction, maybe with yes, another example??? or any other workable suggestions would be much appreciated. thanks Hi, once I wrote the script below to export email addresses from AD. You can use...

more words
when i enter data into a column it only allows me so much space. how can i increase space for more info in a column? example coloumn name is artist the artists name is 24 letters long the column will only allow me 20 letters. Hi Ladeh57, > how can i > increase space for more info in a column? example coloumn name is artist the > artists name is 24 letters long the column will only allow me 20 letters. > Two methods: 1. Through the menu: Format, Column, set width or Autofit Selection 2. Using the mouse: Place your pointer between the headers of two columns (it changes to ...

I can not use Word as editor
Hello, Since today it's impossible to select word as email editor in Outlook. I have only RTF, HTML and Text. It's Outlook XP and Office 97. This worked until today. On more strange thing, is that i can see some of the messages but not all, but the partial view(it's a translation) shows all the text. Can someone give me a light ? Thanks Frederic Did you just upgrade Outlook? Outlook and Word have to be running the same version for this functionality to work. Thanks! "Fr�d�ric SCHENCKEL" <f_schenckel@cab-technologies.fr> wrote in message news:Oy3nIP1YE...

How to export a Publisher-Document into word 2000?
I need to convert a publisher document into a word document for distribution to be reviewed by people not having publisher installed. The document contains tables, pictures and colors. I'd appreciate your help. Wolfgang -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Wolfgang <info@NO-SPA.com>... > I need to convert a publisher document into a word document f...

Creating a new worksheet from a template
I would like to press a button on one worksheet and create a ne worksheet that conforms to a template. However: 1) this is for a series of people who do not work centrally and who ar not technical i.e. the solution needs to be self-contained within m workbook and not involve the creation of xlst templates that have t sit in a certain place on the hard drive. 2) These worksheets will have a series of fields that relate t 'activities'. The user can chose to spawn worksheets for one or mor activities. I would like a summary sheet to add all the activit information from as many activit...

Changing the background color of my Word Screen
I don't know how messed this up, but the background of my Word Screen used to be purple. Somehow now it is gray. I tried looking under "options" to see how I could change this back, but there is nothing under options that would accomplish this? Can anyone help? Also, if it helps..I am working in page layout view. Sorry, I posted in the wrong place "cate" wrote: > I don't know how messed this up, but the background of my Word Screen used to > be purple. Somehow now it is gray. I tried looking under "options" to see > how I could chan...

Inserting an Entire PDF into a Word 2007 Document
I've been given what seems to be an impossible task. I'm hoping somebody can help me make it work. I am trying to create a Word document that will have three attachments. The material that needs to be in the attachments is only available in three PDF files (from a different company), with 48 pages, 42 pages, and 66 pages, respectively. Unfortunately, due to government contract limitations, I do not have access to the original Word files from which the other company created these PDFs. I know I could save the PDFs as JPEGs, and then insert 156 separate JPEG files, on...

can u add fill-in form text box to existing word docx?
I created a document and want to make it a form with fill-in boxes for text information (e.g., name, product selection, date) - i did not start it as a template, just a plain word doc. Seem to remember old Word had capability to insert form fill-in text boxes into Word docs ... thanks for any help ktapman See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ktapman wrote: > I created a ...