Access #3

Does anyone know if Microsoft Access is Mac compatible?  I have an old
version of Office and assumed it was included, but checked tonight and
found out it is not.  Where can I get a Mac version?  Thanks

<mmbellitto@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if Microsoft Access is Mac compatible?  I have an old
> version of Office and assumed it was included, but checked tonight and
> found out it is not.  Where can I get a Mac version?  Thanks

There isn't a Mac version and never has been one.  Sorry :-(

-Mark

0
mmmmark
3/20/2006 9:25:26 PM
In article <1142889789.719435.129780@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
 mmbellitto@hotmail.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if Microsoft Access is Mac compatible?  I have an old
> version of Office and assumed it was included, but checked tonight and
> found out it is not.  Where can I get a Mac version?  Thanks

There's no Mac version of Access - the cost of porting millions of lines
of spaghetti code just wouldn't be worth it to MS.

You can run Access on a Mac using Virtual PC - it's slow, but can be
done if your needs aren't too heavy.

Excellent alternatives for Mac are FileMaker Pro and 4D. I also have
lots of clients using MySQL.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
3/20/2006 9:43:20 PM
Darn.  Thanks!  I'd hate to turn my Mac into a PC, but would Virtual PC
allow me to run Access?

Thanks.  Do File Maker and 4D 'talk' to Access?  I am asking because I
have been offered the opportunity to work remotely, doing data entry on
an Access database.  In order to do this, I obviously need either
Access or something that would 'talk' with it.

> Thanks.  Do File Maker and 4D 'talk' to Access?  I am asking because I
> have been offered the opportunity to work remotely, doing data entry on
> an Access database.  In order to do this, I obviously need either
> Access or something that would 'talk' with it.

You might look into the possibility of working remotely via Remote Desktop
or some flavor of VNC.  This would basically be using a computer somwhere
else but viewing the screen at your remote facility.

This would certainly be workable if they have an extra computer on their
end.

Just a thought.  Good luck!

-Mark

0
mmmmark
3/20/2006 10:11:14 PM
<mmbellitto@hotmail.com> wrote:

> but would Virtual PC
> allow me to run Access?

It sure would.

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

You've probably got it already... It's called Excel.

Why not just enter the data into an Excel worksheet & let them import it to
their Access DB directly from the Excel file? Just type in the columns of
data & email it to them.

In order to accomplish the data entry using FM Pro or 4D you would have to
build a comparable array of tables, export the data in a compatible file
format (Access doesn't do *either one*) & they would have to import it
anyway. Remote Desktop & VNC, although a worthy suggestion for full
interaction, require more config than necessary if data entry is the only
operation needed, & the company may not take too kindly to having to poke a
hole in their firewall.

Regards |:>)

On 3/20/06 4:50 PM, in article

> Thank you.  Can you explain in more detail how the Remote desktop thing
> works? And what is a VNC?

Look here for more info:
<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?pid=remotedesktopclient>
and here: http://www.google.com/mac?hl=en&lr=&q=vnc  (there are many Mac VNC
clients and I haven't used one for a few years so I honestliy don't know
which one is "best")

-Mark

0
mmmmark

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

scheduled deposit #3
is there a way to schedule a deposit on the 4th wedensday of every month? No. Money's choices for scheduling recurrence are very weak. "mike" <farlem99@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:392401c3fe12$41063c60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to schedule a deposit on the 4th wedensday > of every month? ...

Access

access mail on WEB

Will CRM 3.0 support SFO under Citrix
CRM 1.2 does not support SFO under Citrix. Will this change for 3.0? Sincerely, Morten Pedersen Last I heard, it will, but only for online use. Of course, what happens between now and RTM is to be determined. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:48:04 -0700, "mortennp" <mortennp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CRM 1.2 does not support SFO under Citrix. Will this change for 3.0? Sincerely, Morten Pedersen ...

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

storage limits #3
Hi I run exchagne 2003 sp1 on windows 2003. I setup a storage limit on my mailbox store of 600 megs and made exclusions to this limit for certian use in AD by unchecking is "use mailbox store defaults" the problem is the users who i excluded from this limit got a warning message from exchange telling them that they are over the limit. did i have to enter in a number in the user account properties when i unchecked use mailbox store defaults? Thanks ...

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Sharepoint 3.0 Help
I installed Sharepoint 3.0 SP2 on my windows 2003 DC server Standard SP2 running SQL 2005 SP3 During the installation I slected AD and it supposely created an OU sharepointOU now I get errors when trying to setup sharepoint create collection site etc Type: Error Date: 12/6/2009 Time: 6:39:45 PM Event: 3360 Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Category: Topology User: N/A Computer: TGCS001 Description: The Active Directory organization unit SharePointOU registered in Windows SharePoint Services does not exist. I must of had an error during installation that did not ...

Outlook Web Access #19

ActiveSynch 3.5
I am having trouble Synching my PDA(DELL AXIM5)with outlook2002. The PDA connects but I am unable to synchronize it to Outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated Try upgrading Activesync to version 3.71. Also, try a soft reset. If this does not help, then try posting in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer GaryB <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

Access and Accessibility
Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? "Risikio" <Risikio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF54007-6C65-444E-BC25-84C90173AE8F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a good resource for information about developing > accessible applications using Microsoft Access 2003 or 2007? As far as I know, all the Windows accessibility features are available in Office. Speech recognition improves with each version. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://w...