A Huge Opportunity . . .

Hello.

On April 1, 2007, a new concept in Computer Support will be rolled out
across the United States and Europe. We believe that PC-VIP will turn
the market for support services to the SMB space <i>ON IT'S EAR</i>.

We are looking for qualified support professionals to act as field
personnel in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami,
Austin, Seattle, and Washington DC, as well as in Paris France and
Brussels, Belgium, immediately.

The money is big, and no kidding, this will be so big that it's
entirely likely that anyone who isn't "with us" might find themselves
with a bit of a problem professionally, pretty soon.

One catch: We aren't supporting the computers, we're supporting the
people. This means that while your technical skills matter, your people
skills matter even more.

Simple offer: let us know of your interest, and we're going to put
upward of $100K/year in your pocket, and probably make your life easier
at the same time.

You know what to do . . .
--
Jeff Yablon
President & CEO

A nice idea, but a $2.00 website?  No, I don't think so...

On 27/1/07 7:13 AM, in article
1169842383.130282.185090@v45g2000cwv.googlegroups.com,

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)
1/26/2007 9:08:07 PM
 jeffyablon@gmail.com wrote:

> pc-vip.com

domain:                          PC-VIP.COM
created:                         19-Feb-2006
last-changed:                    19-Feb-2006
registration-expiration:         19-Feb-2007

nserver:                         ns41.1and1.com 217.160.224.5
nserver:                         ns42.1and1.com 217.160.228.4

status:                          CLIENT-TRANSFER-PROHIBITED

registrant-firstname:            Jeff
registrant-lastname:             Yablon
registrant-street1:              1120 Littleton Rd
registrant-pcode:                07950
registrant-state:                NJ
registrant-city:                 Morris Plains
registrant-ccode:                US
registrant-phone:                +1.9732194827
registrant-email:                jeff@answerguy.com

admin-c-firstname:               Jeff
admin-c-lastname:                Yablon
admin-c-street1:                 1120 Littleton Rd
admin-c-pcode:                   07950
admin-c-state:                   NJ
admin-c-city:                    Morris Plains
admin-c-ccode:                   US
admin-c-phone:                   +1.9732194827
admin-c-email:                   jeff@answerguy.com

tech-c-firstname:                Hostmaster
tech-c-lastname:                 ONEANDONE
tech-c-organization:             1&1 Internet Inc.
tech-c-street1:                  701 Lee Rd.
tech-c-street2:                  Suite 300
tech-c-pcode:                    19087
tech-c-state:                    PA
tech-c-city:                     Chesterbrook
tech-c-ccode:                    US
tech-c-phone:                    +1.8774612631
tech-c-fax:                      +1.6105601501
tech-c-email:                    hostmaster@1and1.com

bill-c-firstname:                Hostmaster
bill-c-lastname:                 ONEANDONE
bill-c-organization:             1&1 Internet Inc.
bill-c-street1:                  701 Lee Rd.
bill-c-street2:                  Suite 300
bill-c-pcode:                    19087
bill-c-state:                    PA
bill-c-city:                     Chesterbrook
bill-c-ccode:                    US
bill-c-phone:                    +1.8774612631
bill-c-fax:                      +1.6105601501
bill-c-email:                    hostmaster@1and1.com

Let's call him at 3AM

labolide (127)
1/26/2007 9:32:15 PM
Send him a postcard from MacWorld.

Quoting from "Kurt" <labolide@spacegmail.com>, in article
labolide-949F2C.13321526012007@news.giganews.com, on [DATE:

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
goldkey74 (611)

Huge file size
I have a excel file that has all of a sudden grown to a huge size 19,278,336 . It is stock market data with a worksheet for each year of data (1968 to 2004). So 35 worksheets. For years it has always run about 1.8 meg. Just this year it has all of a sudden grown with no real difference in the data I add each day. Each row has 9 columns of data advances, declines, etc. There are 21 columns that make calculations based on the preceding 9 columns. But years 1968 - 2003 just have data, not formulas. I converted the cells to numbers from formulas. And I had several charts, but I de...

A Huge Opportunity . . .
Hello. On April 1, 2007, a new concept in Computer Support will be rolled out across the United States and Europe. We believe that PC-VIP will turn the market for support services to the SMB space <i>ON IT'S EAR</i>. We are looking for qualified support professionals to act as field personnel in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, Austin, Seattle, and Washington DC, as well as in Paris France and Brussels, Belgium, immediately. The money is big, and no kidding, this will be so big that it's entirely likely that anyone who isn't "with us&qu...

Huge file size
If I add an image to my Pub 2002 publication, the file size increases (that's normal)--but if I remove the image, the file size does NOT decrease---it remains the same. Apparently, it is cumulative---right now I am working with a Godzilla 339MB file size. Even if I remove all of my images from the publication, and I have nothing but text, the file size remains huge. Can anything be done to decrease the file size of an existing publication? Dave Block Tech Writer Long Island, NY Dave Block <DaveBlock@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > If I add ...

What is an .swp file? And why is it so huge?
131,072kb And is it a friend or foe? It's a file that Windows creates. Think of it as a way to leave files out on the desk so you can find them easier. When you reboot, the file will shrink, then grow again as you work. In other words, it's normal. Melissa "Carol" <carol@willapabay.org> wrote in message news:129cf01c3f6a8$b3e2f500$a001280a@phx.gbl... > 131,072kb > > And is it a friend or foe? Carol wrote: > 131,072kb > > And is it a friend or foe? What has this to do with Publisher?! If a file is large enough to exhaust your computer'...

Huge Queue
I've noticed that our Exchange Server 2000 for a small organization (less than 5 clients) has a huge, long list in the SMTP queue when I look at it using Administrator. When I click on Queues, it takes about 10 minutes for the queue to finally show on the screen (I'm guessing we end up with a list in the thousands). Is this normal? If not, how do I eliminate this long queue. If I make the assumption that all users email has been delivered, I would also assume that nothing should be in the queue (and that therefore we should be able to delete anything in the queue), correct? Thanks...

Error mapping Contact field to Opportunity Customer field
We have created a custom entity called Property. This entity has a many to one relationship to the Contact entity so that one Contact can be associated with many Properties. The Property entity is also related one to many to Opportunity so that one property can be associated with many Opportunities. We are not using the Account entity in CRM and have therefore not granted any priveledges for the Account entity to any users. This way, the Account entity will not show up on users wonderbar, menus, lookups, etc. Having done this, Account is removed from being one of the record type opt...

Working with huge cells
I'm pseudo-using Excel as a database with some huge cells such as 150 lines including LFs (I stripped the CRs). I'd like to see as much as possible, navigate with the keyboard, and (hey, I can dream) if possible find and land cursor on a search term (ideally repeating with a button). Highlighting them would be the final victory - or at least enlarging or emboldening - even if I could only do one at a time. At a comfortable font I can see about 30 lines in the auto-expanding Formula Bar while selecting the unwrapped cell so that's a start. It looks clean with the LFs. I can then cl...

How to disable "delete opportunity" menu item and action?
I have the need to disable the "delete opportunity" functionality, forcing users to "close" the opportunity with a reason. This update needs to be in two places: 1) Sales\Opportunities main screen, where there is the delete "X" on the screen. 2) Opportunity main form, where there is <Action\Delete Opportunity>. Can someone assist with a reference on how to make this happen? Thanks. Steve. Suggest you look at user role settings in order to accomplish this. -Chris There is no supported method to remove the interface elements. However what you c...

How to avoid table locks when deleting\ inserting huge records
We have a scenario where a complex calculation happens within a stored procedure which produces around 1 Lac records at the end of calculation. These 1 Lac records needs to be stored to a table. Everytime, this is calculated for the same parameter, it deletes previous result and inserts again. Since Delete\ Insert involves huge number of records, Lock Escalation happens and 'Table Lock' is applied. As the concurrent users increase, the response time from the Stored Proc increases drastically. Please suggest how else this can be done to bring down the response time. Th...

Cannot Close Opportunities
Users have permission to view quotes which I thought was the original problem. Everyone gets it even administrators who have full permissions. I dont get a permissions error, I get a parsing error. Line 2 of dlg_closeopp.aspx Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Error Details: There can be only one 'page' directive. Error Number: (blank) Thanks for the help. J. Roczniak ...

Change default currency of Opportunity when convert Campaign Respo
Whenever we convert the campaign response to Opportunity, the currency on the Opportunity is always base currency and it cannot be changed. Is there anyway to make this auto created opportunity has another currency?? The transaction currency in Opportunity is drived from the original campaign from which you created campaign response. If you want your Opportunity has other currency, you need to set it when you create your campaign from the very beginning. "dorekofu" wrote: > Whenever we convert the campaign response to Opportunity, the currency on the > Opportunity is a...

Keeping user specified Opportunities Confidential
We have a client who by default wants an open security where all opportunities can be Read (not edited) by others. However, there are instances where an opportunity must be denoted as "Confidential" where no one except specified people may have access to this record(s). Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? The use of Teams is out because this by default All users can Read All Opportunities. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.com There is a capability using the SDK to make records "Private" to the owner; such records can then be ...

Battery huge
With Lithium-ion battery I get the values listed here below during discharge. Any suggest in how to compute this curve to supply a reasonable-good battery level percentage? (i.e. I want that 60% of charge means an estimated remaining duration time of 60%) Also the data below are obtained testing a new battery: have I to consider tests after 10-100-1000 discharge cycles, in other words have I to consider the average of discharge curves tested in different conditions in your opinion? T.I.A., Massimo 1023,5 (full charge) 1023,5 1023,5 1023,5 1023,5 1023,5 1023,5 1023...

huge xml
hi, I have to import a huge xml file into our system. the problem is that the xml source can be larger than 2GB. I wanted to use the XmlTextReader class for this purpose but it's limited to 2GB (which makes sense to me, why would people make so big xml files?). The xml file basically contains a big list of products, which I want to read one by one. The xml itself is referring to a dtd. Now I have 2 problems. First, of course that the validation will take ages (it needs to run later on a server enviroment) so I need a way to tell the XmlTextReader that it should ignore the dtd. second, I d...

Huge sheet for no reason
I have a worksheet with about 200 rows and 60 columns in one sheet and about half that in another sheet. The size of the file has become about 25MB!! It had some word emebeded object (logos) which I deleted and the size only went doen by 2 MB. If I try and export to a CSV file it takes a while, seems done but the CSV file cant be seen in the folder to which it was saved. What's going? Why is the file size so large and wht cant I save? Joel -- Sammeg Satellite PTY Ltd Po Box 43234 Industria 2042 South Africa www.samsat.co.za Tel +27114742666 Fax +27114742950 Open your spreadsh...

Customise Opportunity Close Screen
Is it possible to customise the opportunity close screen? I am looking to add a few extra items to the 'Status Reason' dropdown. Thanks in advance. To change the status reason list you need to modify the statuscode attribute not the form it self. However the opportunity close entity is a system entity and cannot be customized so there is no method to do this. You can try to update the stringmap and statusmap tables in the CRM database, but this is not a supported customization. But aslong as you only add entries it may just work. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Avi...

Huge header: how can I reduce it?
A one-page Word doc (2003*) I've been given to work with has a big table in the main part, with what appear to be small regions of header and footer. However, if you actually "View Header", the dotted line showing the header boundary shows that it extends way down to below the bottom row of the table. Yet there are no paragraph marks or anything to show why this might be. I had a chance to edit an earlier version of this document, and found that I couldn't insert text before or after the table without running foul of header/footer issues. I guess this is wh...

Opportunity Product tax calcuation not working??
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone knows what value/benefit the OpportunityProduct.Tax field has. When I put a value of tax as $0.21 (7%) on a value of $3.00 product item with a quantity of 1. That is 3.00 * 1 * 1.07 = $3.21, but the Opportunity only shows $3.00. What is the use of putting this tax value in in the first place if it does not use it. This involves a greater problem as TAX never seems to calculate automatically. We have made modifications to edit.aspx for QOI (quotes, orders, and invoices) to auto-calculate the sales tax. When the QOI.product is saved the QOI.produc...

Huge *.mny file
Greetings again It happens that after several girations of money (99 onwards) I was left with a huge *.mny file. That is OK since it carries my history around. However, it is taking too long to load, so I wanted to archive old items. That ended up with a corrupted .mny file and a useless archive. What is that I am doing wrong? --ARosenthal MCS Dallas How huge is huge? As to what you are doing wrong, I'd nominate worrying about the size of the file and assuming a strong correlation between file size and performance. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=7. "ARosenthal" <...

CDocument is huge!
Is there a convention to deal with the problem of an application's document growing to an unmanagable size? Our application has 5 distinct areas, and our CDocument derived class is becoming huge and hard to work with. Is is considered best practice to have a single, huge document class with code to handle all operations, or is it considered better to split the class into one main 'control' document containing instances of sub-documents, each dealing with a particular area of the application. We have a database underlying everything, so there is no serialisations to deal wit...

Activity view related to accounts, contact or opportunities
Hi, I am wondring if it is possible to customize the default duration of the activities and history view that is fount in accounts, contacts or opportunity masks. For us it is not really suitable that the standard is 30 days... Does any one have a clue? Benno Hi Benno, It requires some JavaScript code. See http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS33 -- Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog: http://www.stunnware.com/?area=blog "Benno" <Benno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A69A6ED8-62E9-42D9-A338-ED2B17B886F8@microsoft.com......

Huge credit card error.
Has anyone ever experianced this problem? Right after i swiped the credit card the whole transaction lost. Any idea? I am using RMS 2.0 sp1. I have seen that problem along with other points during the transaction where the process doesn't complete: doesn't write tender entry or jornal entry to the database or print the receipt. At any point previous to this when the program locks, you just close pos and try again, but freezing at the end of the transaction makes a mess. Jeff from Check Point has some good posts about the Client Network Utility configuration that h...

Exchange 5.5 huge problem
Hi I have an Exchange 5.5 server SP4, running on NT4 SP6a, the server caught a few trojans last week (BKDR.SERVU types), this stopped Exchange form working as no emails can come in or out, the trojans are now removed, but we still cant get emails. On Event Viewer, I can see 1721, Not enough resources are avaiable to complete this operation. 4087 Queue viewing interface could not be registered Needless to say, I am stuck as to what to do and how to fix this. On a second note, if I install a new server with Exchange 5.5 , 2000 or 2003, how easy it will be to transfer all the users/email/dat...

Free business opportunity #2
If you need to make 2,000 - 5,000 per week - you need to check this out. No cost or obligation full details. www.profitsdaily.biz --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20041209205203P0d4HhB4 ...

Those huge toolbars !
I just switched to Mac and love it, particularly my PowerBook. I also have a desktop PC, so I run MS Office on both. I have to say, the menu and toolbar system in Office 2004 Mac is big and clumsy compared to the one for Office 2003 PC. Not only are the toolbars twice as big/thick, they also detach and move all over the place, getting all tangled up with the underlying spreadsheets. Is there a way to change these toolbars so that they emulate the smaller, neater, and more tidy ones in the PC version? Thanks! P.s. I love just about every other thing about OS X. Just hate this one aspect....