2008 Excel Print Preview

I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is specific to my install or it is hidden
0
done1 (1)

In article <ee8d6ae.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, done@officeformac.com
wrote:

> I do not see print preview under file or anywhere else...wondering if this is
> specific to my install or it is hidden

Neither. Since all actual print operations are done via the OS, the
separate Print Preview function has been removed from XL08.

You can generally use Print Layout view to get an good idea of what the
printed page will look.

Otherwise, choosing File/Print and clicking Preview will produce a pdf
version of what will be printed.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Printing Greeting Cards
I know there has to be a way to do this, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have half-fold greeting cards. I want to have a photo and text on the front, text inside, and on the back a 'Photo by Carole' message. I have a printer that does two sided printing. But no matter how I set this up, I am getting either all the pages on one sheet of paper, or numerous sheets of paper....what am I doing wrong? Thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Carole <nyccarole@hotmail.com>... > I have half-fold greeting cards. I wan...

Decision Trees in excel
Help! How do I make decision trees in Excel? I know it's possible but can't find it anywhere. Thanks... That's not much info to work with, so you get a very generic answer: =IF(condition,result if true, result if false) condition can be something like A1<50 result can be a value or a formula (including another IF() function) I hope this helps. Post specifics with your questions, and you will get better answers. "Dani" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:077b01c3b6eb$979aa4d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Help! How do I make decisio...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

Payables Batch stuck with status "Printing"
Any ideas on how to clear this batch? Found a KB article with what looked like every status but "Printing" Thanks, Morgan ...

Excel Variable Save Name problem
I have written a program for work that is basically a daily cash u spreadsheet, however I would like to save each days report as a backup Ideally I would like to save the worksheet as that days date by us of a command button/macro to reduce the chance of user erro( ie savin under wrong name) The date is on the worksheet, but I can't figure ou a way to use a range as a save name. I would really appreciate some help with this problem. Cheer -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Lippa73 One way to save a copy in C:\ with a date/time stamp Sub test() Dim strdate As ...

Print preview in Excel #2
This may be a simple question, I hope. How do you print preview in color? I can display color in Word documents, but not in Excel. Thanks File/Page Setup. In the Sheet tab, uncheck the "Black and white" checkbox. In article <1484401c3f981$086b6820$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "julie39@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > This may be a simple question, I hope. How do you print > preview in color? I can display color in Word documents, > but not in Excel. > > Thanks > It is already unchecked. Any other suggestions...

Hyperlinks are not maintained when exporting from Excel to PDF
Office XP Pro, Windows XP Pro, Acrobat 7 Pro I've looked in every dialog box there is for Excel, Acrobat, Distiller, AcrobatPDF Maker, no settings regarding maintaining hyperlinks. I cannot get hyperlinks to work in the exported PDF document. Recreating them by hand is not an option. I should add that I am attaching a hyperlink to an imported JPG image. It works fine in Excel 2003 - I'm linking to a PDF document that is stored on our webserver with a fully-qualified http:// URL. When I export to PDF, the JPG thumbnails have no link, and when I choose (In Acrobat Pro 7) 'Adv...

How can I get Publisher to print text on buisiness cards?
How can I get Publisher to print text on buisiness cards? In Publisher i can see the text that is on my business card, it shows the text in print prewview too, however when I print all that comes out is pictures that are on the card. Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks Alex watta002@rbwm.org alex <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I get Publisher to print text on buisiness cards? > In Publisher i can see the text that is on my business card, it shows > the text in print prewview too, however when I print all that comes > ou...

Win 2008 R2 backup
I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is there something I am overlooking or is it a problem with Win 2008? In article <eot2bZa1KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, steve@nothing.ork says... > > I am trying to schedule a system state backup to a network share using > Windows Server Backup (Win 2008 R2). The backup runs fine when it's run > manually, but it does not run when it's scheduled. Is ...

How do I print in white on self colored paper?
I am trying to print in white text on self colored (gray) paper. The application thinks the paper is white so does not print anything. How can I change the default paper color from white to another color? Unless you have a higher end printer and white ink, you can't do it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "lesbee" <lesbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B30D422-A645-47E8-84E1-5E07ABC99E75@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print in white text on self colored (g...

SBS 2008 std and Sql Server 2008 std question
SBS2008 came with Windows Server std 2008 and Sql Server std 2008. I installed SBS2008. I installed Windows Server 2008. I joined Windows Server 2008 to the SBS 2008 domain with a regular user account (I had to make a regular user account in SBS2008 so that when I joined the Windows Server 2008 to it, I would be able to install SQL Server 2008) I then installed SQL Server 2008. My question is this. Do I have to continue to login on Windows Server 2008 as a regular user or can I login to it as the administrator? If I do, will that affect my domain connection to SBS2008? Also, wil...

import an Excel sheet into Money
Hello - I have Excel 2000 and Microsoft Money Deluxe 2003. Is there a way to import cash account data from Excel into Money? Thanks, Chad. "Chad Jennings" wrote: > Hello - > > I have Excel 2000 and Microsoft Money Deluxe 2003. Is > there a way to import cash account data from Excel into > Money? Thanks, Chad. I've written the free XL2QIF excel macro that generates a QIF file which can be imported into Money: http://xl2qif.chez.tiscali.fr/ Didier ...

how to output Excel file with field separators?
I have an Excel spreadsheet, where some field columns may have 1 word in it, some fields may have 2, 3 words in each field column, and so forth. I would like to output this Excel spreadsheet to a text document. Is it possible to output an Excel spreadsheet to have a certain character, let's say | as a field separator? so if I were to view the text file after the Excel output, it would look something like this: John | Doe | 123 Main Street | Bank of America Jane | Doe A. | 456 First Ave. West | Wamu Tom | Smith | ...

Printing on PO Changes
We have frequent changes on open purchase orders. Occassionally when we send a change order to a vendor they will re-ship items on the PO that have already been shipped complete. Is it possible through report writer to prevent PO lines from printing if they have been fully received? We do not use SOP commitments on POs, so we have been able to key on the 'Qty Uncommitted in Base' within Smartlists to find the remaining open quantity on PO lines. Could this same key be used to affect printing? -- Jim@TurboChef ...

File/New in Excel
When I click on the menu item File/New or the toolbar button File/New I would like the New Dialog box to open instead of going to the Task Pane and then having to select "on my computer". Is there a way to do this? Hi AFAIK this is one of the wonderful new Excel 2003 features :-) No way around it (like the new *improved* help function) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany SDecou wrote: > When I click on the menu item File/New or the toolbar button File/New > I would like the New Dialog box to open instead of going to the Task > Pane and then having to select "...

Printing #5
Can I invert my text so that when I print on the back side the text both sides is faceing the same direction like a book? Why not flip the paper in the printer? Or am I missing something? -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "cwrusher" <cwrusher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE6E7E7-17BF-4674-A74E-200772D24218@microsoft.com... > Can I invert my text so that when I print on the back side the text both > sides is faceing the same direction like a book? Probably, if you manipulate the pape...

excel macro on startup from DOS
After I start excel from a DOS .BAT script I want a macro to then be automatically executed. (To do this with MS Word you just put /Mmacroname after the path name of the executable, but this does not seem to work) Excel doesn't support macro execution from the command line. As an alternative, you can name the macro Auto_Open and this will execute when the workbook is opened. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "roblit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02AFEE4E-6686-4434-A41D-1...

Excel to Publisher
My document has already been created in Excel. It's about 60 pages in five tabs. Income Statement presented monthly over six years 2005 thru 2010; Balance Sheet same time period; Cash Flow Statement same time period; Construction Schedule, same time period. The Excel docs are nicely formatted as you would see in a financial presentation, but my partner is adamant on having it in presented in Publisher. I have been trying for three days to convert/import/export the Excel sheets into Publisher to no avail. It looses pages, it looses formatting. I have never in my professional li...

Sorting in Excel #6
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C755E2.57FA4DA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to have more than 4 sorts per worksheet in Excel? If so, = what steps must be taken? Thanks, in advance, for the help. --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C755E2.57FA4DA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &...

Set Multiple Print Areas
Hi, I have numerous sheets in my workbook and I have to print each one of them. Is there a way where I can automatically (VB?) set the print area for each one, as they are of different sizes. Thanks! The easy way would be to mark each area and Insert - Name - Define for that area. Then to print, select the name from the dropdown, and Print - Selection. This does not allow you to have different Header rows though -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&u...

***regaining control of Excel***
HELP! I've been having a recurring general problem while working in Excel -- and it's driving me absolutely mad. While going about various entry/editing tasks, it inexplicably locks into 'right-button down' mode. That is, the program acts as if I am holding down the right mouse button and it selects all cells that I drag the mouse over. But I'm NOT holding down the mouse button. After this 'mode' engages I cannot do anything else in Excel -- ESC does not work, hot keys don't work, clicking on drop down menus does not work--NOTHING works. I have t...

upgrade path from 2008 home to 2008 full
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel hello, Is there an upgrade path to the full version of office 2008 from the home version or am I stuck with the three licenses I have of 'home'. I need exchange access in entourage and notice I need the full version of office to gain that functionality. In the upgrade eligibilty notes for the full version I dont see any info regarding the home edition. thanks in advance, scott On 3/13/08 1:11 PM, in article ee93c4a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "slowden@officeformac.com" <slowden@officeformac.com> ...

Converting Excel 97files to Excel 95
I have Excel 95 but never need to use Excel, so I have no reason to upgrade. Occasionally I get an attachment in my email that is an Excel 97 file, but I can't open it with Excel 97. Is there a converter that goes backwards, from Excel 97 to Excel 95. Thanks, Jim Jim, There is no backwards converter. If you don't want to upgrade but do want to open and view later version files, try here........ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN John "jim hinds" <jjhinds@wt.net> wrote in message ...

SQL 2005 to SQL 2008
Can a 2005 SQL DB located on a Windows 2003 R2 (32 bit) server be moved to a Windows 2008 R2 (64 bit) server? Will the database have to be converted to do this? Thanks, John John, Your Subject and your question details seem slightly out of synch, but here goes: 1. (To the question) SQL Server databases are not server bit aware, so the disk image is the same in 32-bit and 64-bit whether on Windows 2003 or Windows 2008. 2. (To the Subject:) If you move a database from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008, the database will be upgraded by the SQL Server 2008 serve...

Excel Import Into Access
I have some data that when exported from an application into Excel has some blank cells. I've noticed that when I try to paste this data from Excel into an Access table it deletes any rows that have blank cells in them even though other cells in that row do have data. Any thoughts on a work around forcing Access to accept blank cells? You can create a blank column on you data base, and on the excel file add a column with some comments on the rows like "Blankrows", the access data base will see this row as valid and will be copied into the tables,.. Thanks' ...