12.2.0 will not install

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I'm trying to install 12.2.0 on a MacBook with System 10.5.7.

Everything downloads. It runs through the install process until it gets to destination select. No destination disk shows.

Now what do I do?
0
bytwerk (1)

Do you have Mac Office 2008 [v12] installed & updated to at least 12.1.0?
There isn't enough info about your current installation.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/20/09 3:33 PM, in article 59b78758.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"bytwerk@officeformac.com" <bytwerk@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Everything downloads. It runs through the install process until it gets to
> destination select. No destination disk shows.

Are you in an admin account?

--
Diane

I also suffer
I run 10.5.7 on MacBook Pro Intel
I carry MS Office 2008/mac v. 12.1.9
downloaded update 12.2 from macupdate.com OK but it won't install, although plenty of gigs available.
Bob Jones, apparently an MS guru, wasn't helpful above.
Awaiting solution, p-l-e-a-s-e.
0
desbini (3)
7/21/2009 2:18:44 AM
desbini@officeformac.com wrote:

> I also suffer I run 10.5.7 on MacBook Pro Intel I carry MS Office
> 2008/mac v. 12.1.9 downloaded update 12.2 from macupdate.com OK but
> it won't install, although plenty of gigs available. Bob Jones,
> apparently an MS guru, wasn't helpful above. Awaiting solution,
> p-l-e-a-s-e.

Is your problem the same as the original poster of this thread? Are you
saying that you too don't see any destination disks?

Bob asked questions of the original poster, not you, because he needs
more information to offer a solution.

If your problem is not the same then please help to avoid confusion and
begin your own thread with your own subject. Give plenty of details
about what you see and have tried. That's the only way anyone can be of
help.

--

bill

Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
On 7/20/09 7:18 PM, in article 59b78758.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"desbini@officeformac.com" <desbini@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I run 10.5.7 on MacBook Pro Intel
> I carry MS Office 2008/mac v. 12.1.9
> downloaded update 12.2 from macupdate.com OK but it won't install, although
> plenty of gigs available.

You didn't provide any details on what kind of problem you encountered.
Without details we can't offer any suggestions.

I suggest you see this article and read some of the links provided on
troubleshooting.

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/07/microsoft_office_2008_for_mac_1220_u
pdate.html>

In case the above link does not work:

<http://tinyurl.com/mma5ux>

--
Diane

> On 7/20/09 7:18 PM, in article 59b78758.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "desbini@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
> > I run 10.5.7 on MacBook Pro Intel
> > I carry MS Office 2008/mac v. 12.1.9
> > downloaded update 12.2 from macupdate.com OK but it won't install, although
> > plenty of gigs available.
>
> You didn't provide any details on what kind of problem you encountered.
> Without details we can't offer any suggestions.
>
> I suggest you see this article and read some of the links provided on
> troubleshooting.
>
> pdate.html>
>
> In case the above link does not work:
>

> --
> Diane

the missing data, here:
after download from macupdate.com OK, installation failed with destination disc shown with red xclamation point: you cannot install an acceptbale version not available.
I tried same with update out of open Excel with the same result, except macupdate let me keep the hefty download, MS did not, meaning I will have to again download eventually.

Again : I run legal version 12.1.9 and MS seemingly cannot find it.
0
desbini (3)
7/21/2009 6:29:58 PM
I don't claim to be *any* kind of "guru" & I don't work for MS.

Just because my reply offered no immediate *solution* doesn't mean it wasn't
helpful. If you open your eyes you'll understand that my reply to the OP
actually *was* helpful because I didn't just spout of a line of pap hoping
it "might" be the proper suggestion. In order to be "helpful" advice needs
to be based on information woefully lacking in the OP's message. Otherwise
it's liable to cause more harm than good... Or perhaps you're the type who
prefers to just to phone the doctor to say "I don't feel good" & have
him/her simply phone in a prescription for whatever the drug of the day
happens to be. I don't work that way.

Good Luck |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/20/09 10:18 PM, in article 59b78758.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"desbini@officeformac.com" <desbini@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I also suffer
> I run 10.5.7 on MacBook Pro Intel
> I carry MS Office 2008/mac v. 12.1.9
> downloaded update 12.2 from macupdate.com OK but it won't install, although
> plenty of gigs available.
> Bob Jones, apparently an MS guru, wasn't helpful above.
> Awaiting solution, p-l-e-a-s-e.

Bob Jones-tx for comments, no offense intended, but reading previous problems in thread with no solutions offered, begs the question:
what details are needed to fully comprehend ones problem?
in my case I am mad at Microsoft for having me dowload a biggie then deleting it as uninstallable (should have stayed on my desktop);
amd I provided all relevant information - what is still missing?
Thanks for a solution in advance.
I hope MS reads these messages - I am at the point of giving NeoOffice a crack.
0
desbini (3)
7/23/2009 5:48:55 AM
On 7/22/09 10:48 PM, in article 59b78758.7@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"desbini@officeformac.com" <desbini@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I hope MS reads these messages - I am at the point of giving NeoOffice a
> crack.

We are all volunteers here and do our best to help, but we are not mind
readers nor do we have all the answers. If you want to vent to Microsoft
send them feedback. They do read feedback.

When working in Office, you can use the �Send Feedback� option under the
Help menu in all of the Office applications or visit

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/suggestions.mspx>

--
Diane

> On 7/22/09 10:48 PM, in article 59b78758.7@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "desbini@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
> > I hope MS reads these messages - I am at the point of giving NeoOffice a
> > crack.
>
> We are all volunteers here and do our best to help, but we are not mind
> readers nor do we have all the answers. If you want to vent to Microsoft
> send them feedback. They do read feedback.
>
> When working in Office, you can use the &#65533;Send Feedback&#65533; option under the
> Help menu in all of the Office applications or visit
>

> --
> Diane

Are you suggesting that Microsoft cares about the feedback it receives? If it did why are we plagued with a software update that does more harm than good? We all paid good money for OFFICE 2008 and deserve a product that is not shot through with bugs. And to release an update the doesn't work??? How can anyone defend such incompetence?
0
robor (12)
7/25/2009 4:15:38 PM
On 7/25/09 12:15 PM, in article 59b78758.9@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"robor@officeformac.com" <robor@officeformac.com> wrote:

>> On 7/22/09 10:48 PM, in article 59b78758.7@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
>> "desbini@officeformac.com" wrote:
>>
>>> I hope MS reads these messages - I am at the point of giving NeoOffice a
>>> crack.
>>
>> We are all volunteers here and do our best to help, but we are not mind
>> readers nor do we have all the answers. If you want to vent to Microsoft
>> send them feedback. They do read feedback.
>>
>> When working in Office, you can use the &#65533;Send Feedback&#65533; option
>> under the
>> Help menu in all of the Office applications or visit
>>

>> --
>> Diane
>>

> Are you suggesting that Microsoft cares about the feedback it receives? If it
> did why are we plagued with a software update that does more harm than good?
> We all paid good money for OFFICE 2008 and deserve a product that is not shot
> through with bugs. And to release an update the doesn't work??? How can anyone
> defend such incompetence?

Not to put words in her mouth, but she isn't "suggesting" anything -- she's
stating facts. Neither is she [nor I] "defending" anyone by objectively
approaching circumstances over which we have no control & offering what
assistance we may be able to provide... Just because someone doesn't join
the chorus of anti-Microsoft slurs doesn't mean they're being defensive of
the corporation or of anything "it" does. I'm as provoked by the situation
as most anyone even though it hasn't happened with any files or on any of
the Macs I maintain.

The name "Microsoft" encompasses a lot of territory & a lot of people. And
just like any other organization they get some things right & some things
wrong. Despite what a lot of biased individuals might think there are many
good folks within the corporation, especially within MacBU, and they do care
about the quality of their products as well as what their users think of
them. This predicament may be the result of miscalculated risk or poor
judgment, but it certainly wasn't due to incompetence or nonchalant cavalier
attitude. Believe it or not, they're busting their butts to resolve this
issue, but that's only one of several points not being considered by many.

With all appreciation for how it seems the problem isn't as widespread as
some people seem to think. There's no question that it is aggravating for
those experiencing the issue, but what you aren't seeing in the 'emergency
rooms' are the thousands of others who aren't ill or injured. The many
significant improvements included in SP2 directly contradict your assertion
that it "does more harm than good" for the vast majority of users not
plagued by the file format conflict. Further - inconvenient & cumbersome as
they may be - there are workarounds for most of the scenarios that have been
reported. Realistically speaking, it isn't a matter of files being corrupted
or wiped out, nor is the software being rendered unusable.

It's interesting that you join the side of those who have been adversely
affected when you acknowledge in another post in this very group that you
have not yet applied the update - so you don't even know whether you're
among those encountering the problem. For all you know you might be missing
out on the fixes to all those bugs you're referring to :-)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

> [...]
> rooms' are the thousands of others who aren't ill or injured. The many
> significant improvements included in SP2 directly contradict your assertion
> that it "does more harm than good" for the vast majority of users not
> plagued by the file format conflict. Further - inconvenient & cumbersome as
> they may be - there are workarounds for most of the scenarios that have been
> reported. Realistically speaking, it isn't a matter of files being corrupted
> or wiped out, nor is the software being rendered unusable.
>
> It's interesting that you join the side of those who have been adversely
> affected when you acknowledge in another post in this very group that you
> have not yet applied the update - so you don't even know whether you're
> among those encountering the problem. For all you know you might be missing
> out on the fixes to all those bugs you're referring to :-)

You make a number of good points. No doubt there are good people at Microsoft working hard to resolve these issues. But let me just say why I am so frustrated over OFFICE 2008.

1. This software is not new; it was released over a year ago.
0
robor (12)
7/25/2009 7:38:25 PM
On 7/25/09 12:38 PM, in article 59b78758.11@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"robor@officeformac.com" <robor@officeformac.com> wrote:

> But let me just say why I am so frustrated over OFFICE 2008.

Let's discuss your problems then and try to find solutions.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

Hi,

I got it working after noticing errors in system.log indicating problems with the /tmp/com.microsoft.updater and some symlink not existing.

I removed the /tmp/com.microsoft.update dir and (might not be needed) /tmp/com.apple.installer*. After this I restarted the update I downloaded manually. This time the updater recognized my valid and legal install and updated it.

Good luck!
0
QJB (1)
7/30/2009 8:09:20 PM
<QJB@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got it working after noticing errors in system.log indicating problems
> with the /tmp/com.microsoft.updater and some symlink not existing.
>
> I removed the /tmp/com.microsoft.update dir and (might not be needed)
> /tmp/com.apple.installer*. After this I restarted the update I
> downloaded manually. This time the updater recognized my valid and legal
> install and updated it.

Thanks a LOT for sharing the tip. I don't know how frequent this
specific issue is but it can sure be of some use to other users.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)
"QJB@officeformac.com" <QJB@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I removed the /tmp/com.microsoft.update dir and (might not be needed)
> /tmp/com.apple.installer*. After this I restarted the update I downloaded
> manually. This time the updater recognized my valid and legal install and
> updated it.

This is the temp folder not deleting itself issue. Restarting probably would
have solved this as well.

--
Diane

GP 10 sp1 Installation guide
Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. If so, can you email to me offline. Contact me and I will send you my email address. -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL I was able to download the install guide. Please send me your email and I will email to you. Steve Berlin steveber@hotmail.com "Joanne" wrote: > Did anyone get a copy of the installation guide for the sp? I am downloading > the sp but I get an "access denied" error with the docs. &...

Access 2007 05-12-10
I am currently using Microsoft Access 2007 and I am trying to set up a form in which I can select a name from a drop down menu and have it return the results in the fields below. My table currently has the following items in it. ID - Employee ID number (Listed as the Primary Key) FirstName - Employee First Name LastName - Employee Last Name Separation_Date - Employee Separation Date Email_Address - Employee Email address I would like to be able to select the employee name from a list.. and then have all the above fields show below that information and then be able to selec...

Mail enabling CRM3.0 post install
There's an option during the install of CRM 3.0 to specify the outgoing smtp/exchange server. This step is optional. If I later decide to mail enable CRM how do I configure the product to use a specfic Exchange Server ? Ian Run a "Repair" on the isntallation. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Ian Moran" <laghey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23yY6Q0fNGHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... There's an option during the install of CRM 3.0 to specify the outgoing smtp/exchange server. This step is optional. If I later decide to mail enable CRM how do I ...

Average #2
I am trying to calculate the average amount of time it takes for payments to be processed. In Column A I have date sent In Column B I have date Paid In Column C I have the formula Days360 In Column D I have the formula Average The problem I have is in column C I have the formula running from cell C1 to C102 when it works out the average it counts the blanks and gives out the wrong answer. Any help Please How about =SUMPRODUCT((A17:A20<>"")*(B17:B20<>""),(B17:B20-A17:A20))/SUMPRODUCT((A17:A 20<>"")*(B17:B20<>"")) -- ...

how can i open a publisher picture without publisher installed
I have been sent a picture in publisher format but this computer does not have publisher installed how can I open the picture?? Have your sender resend just the picture. There are no viewers for Publisher. If you want, send the file to me and I will extract the picture as long as it is family friendly. gsauer at columbus dot rr dot com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bobbos26" <bobbos26@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB3EC8B9-DDDC-4E6D-B743-498363B6239F@microsoft.com... >I have ...

Vlookup based on 2 criteria
Hi all, I have a table with the following structure STORE NAME, DATE,CONTACT NAME Mini,17/2/4,John Mini,18/2/4,Lucas Mini,23/5/4,Andrea Mini,26/6/4,Joan Mini,27/7/4,Carlos Is it posibble to create a formula based on STORE NAME and "THE LATES DATE" to retrieve the contact name? Thanks in advance, Carlos -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Okay, here's the deal. I'm not as good of a user as 95% of the peopl who post to this board. So the answer I am going to give you may no be the best and it may be very round-a-bout. However, I think i works. Suppose yo...

preserving toolbars when re-installing
I have to repair (and perhaps re-install) Office 2003. How do I save my current Word, Excel, and Outlook toolbars, and restore them after the repair or reinstall? Search your profile for the file "normal.dot" (your profile on Windows XP is located at C:\Documents and Settings\<username> or on Vista or Windows 7 at C:\Users\<username>). Make sure that Word is closed, then copy the normal.dot somewhere such as your desktop. Once Office is removed and re-installed, copy it back to the same location. "Mike Row Soft" wrote: > I have to re...

etech #2
It would be nice if a user could add their own problem, cause, and repair codes from Etech. It would also be good if the user could click on a call, but not open it, and have the call stay hi-lighted. Then the user will know which call the notes at the bottom go to. Right now if they move the mouse the notes stay the same but the mouse pointer will be hi-lighting other calls. Thank you ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the messag...

Outlook Express 12-29-09
I can receive mail, but cannot forward message. Are you using Windows Mail, or Outlook Express? Outlook Express General newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general What exactly happens when you try to forward a message? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mascoma" <Mascoma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27B4E8A1-DA5D-4CD7-A4DF-95CFC0BD2611@microsoft.com... >I can receive mail, but cannot forward message. Do you ...

Outlook 2003 unable to access menu by right clicking on message #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C39C85.0A7CA470 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have recently upgraded from Office 2002 to Office 2003=20 on Windows 2000 PCs. Two users are unable to right click=20 on messages to get the menu options (junk e-mail, etc.). =20 It was working for them initially but stopped=20 functioning. We have tried to uninstall and run Office=20 Clean but were unable to resolve. It seems to work if=20 they select multiple messages at one time but cannot right...

Will Outlook 2003 BCM import ACT! records?
Am using WinXP PC and about to upgrade to Outlook 2003 with BCM. Will this import ACT! records *completely*...I know it will import "the top part" of an ACT! record...just name address, telephone...but what about the "bottom part" which includes the more important things...the history records and notes like a certain day/time when I called customer and typed in a note that he/she would like to order 100 widgets next month, or a copy of a pdf file I sent him/her on a certain day, or an email received on a certain day/time. There IS a 3rd party ACT! converter, but seems lik...

Lookup question based on 2 columns per worksheet, 2 worksheets total
Excel 2002 Windows XP I have two worksheets in a workbook, sheets 1 and 2 respectively. Each sheet contains a rather large table that are for all intents and purposes the same except that one table (sheet 2) has more up to date information than the one in sheet 1. Each sheet contains an X labeled column (column A in both) and a Y labeled column (column B in both). The values in these columns are geographic coordinates. What I'd like to do is add information from sheet 1 to sheet 2 based on matching coordinate pairs. For example, if on sheet 2 I have A2 = 1234.567 (X value) and B2 = 4...

A few questions #2
Greetings Excel Gurus! A few questions, please: 1. I have a spreadsheet with subtotals that appear every seven rows. Every month I add another 7 rows. I'd like to come up with a formula that would allow me to total the subtotal cells. In other words, if my subtotals are, e.g., in cells C6, C13, C20, C27 etc., what's the formula that allows me to total these cells without inputting all the cell numbers manually. There must be a function I'm not aware of that provides for referencing cells in this manner, isn't there? 2. How does one find the last active row in a spreads...

extract data #2
hihi i need help how to extract current balance from this current month and store it to the next opening balance for later use.......... every time after i have update thanks -- miles Let's say your balance column is column D. The column grows each time you update it, but the current balance is always at the bottom of the column. The formula: =LOOKUP(2,1/(D2:D65356>0),D2:D65356) will give the value of that cell. Enter it where you need the next openinng balance -- Gary's Student "miles" wrote: > > hihi > > i need help how to extract cur...

Posting #2
I would like to recommend that option should be available, where transaction entry in subsidiary modules is directly posted to GL. Currently, the settings are confusuing. Assumining "Post Through" is enabled, Batch Processing in AP/AR/PR etc. iequals "real time "posting to General Ledger, whereas Transaction posting in subsidiary modules actually creates a Batch which has to be then posted in GL. Thanks Hi nfp ....mmm.... this has been a "problem" in Great Plains forever and I can't think that they would change it now. The posting settings do see...

Getting Callbacks from Embedded Excel #2
To All: I have been working with embedded excel described on the following URL: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311546 I have been successfully able to add the excel control to my Visual C++ .NET/MFC program. However, I have a problem getting the changed data in excel. For instance when the control is working the user can make changes anywhere in excel control in any worksheet/cells. I want to be able to get the updated excel data from excel in my c++/MFC program. This means that anytime a user make changes in excel there is callback from excel control to my c++/MFC program. I have tried ...

Transfer messages from Outlook to Outlook Express
I have a new Dell with Windows XP and Outlook. All my messages and addresses are on a Sony Vaio running Windows 98SE and Outlook Express (my preference of the two email programs). I've copied the folders and messages to a zip drive from C://Windows/Applications/Identities... According to Microsoft Online, I'm supposed to be able to stick this information in the Data Folder within the Maintenance Tab under Options in Tools. There is no Maintenance tab that I can find anywhere. Help! And once I find the correct location, what's next? Thanks, Diane For info on OExpress http://in...

EMail replies 12-12-05
Hi, We are trying to setup a support process using CRM 3.0 Pro. A queue has been created and is being populated using the router from e-mails coming in to support@company.com. When people are replying to e-mail in this folder the reply-to address is set to the logged on user. Is there an easy way to define that the reply-to address should be support@company.com for specific e-mails? Regards, Manso ...

Cached Exchange mode #2
I installed Office 2003 with Outlook on an XP Professional workstation (SP-1)and attached to an exsistinf mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition Server. Everything was working great, and I am very pleased with both products. But as luck would have it, something got messed up and I had to use the Detect and Repair feature to replace some dll's that were removed by a third party spyware detection program. Since then I have been unable to update the Inbox in Cached Exchange more. I only get the Waiting for this folder to update message in the status bar. All other folders ar...

Microsoft Releases Dynamics CRM 3.0, for Medical Network Development on 10.May 2007.
Redmond, Washington - May 10, 2007 - The new Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 has been developed, to assist medical device companies, in building a worldwide network of trainers, doctors and customers with integrated CRM, as well as other Microsoft technology. http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/ ...

HELP! #2
I am working in a document where I need to input data. I would like it to tab from one cell to the next cell that needs data input. I looked at the change the default tab order for controls on a form. I appears to be what I need, however I do not know what they are talking about when they tell me to right click on the control for which I want to change the tab order? -- Jen Here's 1 way of achieving your goal. Select all of the cells where you want to input data, then go to 'format cells'. Under the protection tab, uncheck the "locked" option. Now, go to 'T...

system restore 12-12-09
tried a point only 2 wks old. in Safe mode. No Changes made.... No Norton on set. Actually I want to dump all Updates that autoran in the last 2 wks, so I can retry SP3 taht is crashing. is there a way to do them en masse? thanx Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade! Intead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade & reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com plugg...

Problems with CRM 4.0 and tabbed browsing
I just upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0. I had thought that problems experienced with IE 7 and tabbed browsing with 3.0 had been fixed for 4.0. Maybe not. When I try to open an Account it takes a couple of minutes to finish loading. This happens also with Contacts. It seems that Activities, Quotes, Orders load quite quickly. Anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas on what is causing it? Thanks, -Rick M. What makes you suspect that this is related to tabbed browsing? Do accounts and contacts open faster for you if you turn off tabbed browsing in IE7? -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http...

curving text #2
I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve of the oval. Can't seem to do it... Give Word Art a try. The "A" icon on the left side of the screen. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "Betty Boop" <Betty Boop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DD80208-ABEF-45D5-B14A-B088E308CE88@microsoft.com... > I'm making an oval sign for my business and the text must follow the curve > of the oval. Can't seem to do it... I have the an example on my web site. Scroll way down http://msauer.mvps.org/wo...

Encumbrance #2
Does anyone know of a third party ISV encumbrance product which will tracks budget used to date beyond items entered in Purchasing. This is to say that within the standard product: at the time of Purchase order entry the amount is subtracted from the budget available and if the budget available falls below zero a notification is brought up, however if an item has been re-classed in the general ledger or accounts payable the amount is not removed from the budget available. Owen Cullimore 212-244-9009 ...