12.1.1 update fix

I found this fix on a discussion board.  I tried it and it worked.  If
the fix is so simple, I don't understand why the morons at Microsoft
don't fix it an reissue the update.

Download the 12.1.1 update directly from Microsoft's Mactopia website.
2) Mount the downloaded DMG file and copy the installer to your
desktop.
3) Right-click the installer and select "show package contents"
4) Navigate to Office 2008 12.1.1 Update/Contents/Resources/
package_updatable and open the file in TextEdit
5) Scroll to the bottom and find the line "found_valid_version=False"
6) Change False to True
7) Then delete all the text below until the start of "if not
found_valid_version:" Making sure that line is not deleted!
8) Close the window, it will ask if you want to overwrite the file.
Say yes.
9) Close the finder window and then run the installer like normal.

Hopefully it should then work. Seems the problem was with the checksum
- by deleting that the installer goes without a problem.

The developer did not recommend doing this. In some cases it works, but it
will not for everyone. Use with caution!
--
Diane

"irchamandy" wrote:

> I found this fix on a discussion board.  I tried it and it worked.  If
> the fix is so simple, I don't understand why the morons at Microsoft
> don't fix it an reissue the update.
>
> Download the 12.1.1 update directly from Microsoft's Mactopia website.
> 2) Mount the downloaded DMG file and copy the installer to your
> desktop.
> 3) Right-click the installer and select "show package contents"
> 4) Navigate to Office 2008 12.1.1 Update/Contents/Resources/
> package_updatable and open the file in TextEdit
> 5) Scroll to the bottom and find the line "found_valid_version=False"
> 6) Change False to True
> 7) Then delete all the text below until the start of "if not
> found_valid_version:" Making sure that line is not deleted!
> 8) Close the window, it will ask if you want to overwrite the file.
> Say yes.
> 9) Close the finder window and then run the installer like normal.
>
> Hopefully it should then work. Seems the problem was with the checksum
> - by deleting that the installer goes without a problem.

0
diane7495 (1195)
7/6/2008 10:41:01 PM
Diane Ross <diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote:

> The developer did not recommend doing this. In some cases it works, but it
> will not for everyone. Use with caution!

You could also forec-install it through Pacifist, but again, I would
exerce the same caution :-\

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

After this hack, if there IS something wrong, the installer will just charge
ahead anyway, and totally wreck the Office installation so nothing will run.

Yeah:  Use with caution!!  :-)

On 7/07/08 5:53 AM, in article
d1161e23-c12d-41a0-8aba-928f82ef5e80@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com,
"irchamandy" <irchamandy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found this fix on a discussion board.  I tried it and it worked.  If
> the fix is so simple, I don't understand why the morons at Microsoft
> don't fix it an reissue the update.
>
> Download the 12.1.1 update directly from Microsoft's Mactopia website.
> 2) Mount the downloaded DMG file and copy the installer to your
> desktop.
> 3) Right-click the installer and select "show package contents"
> 4) Navigate to Office 2008 12.1.1 Update/Contents/Resources/
> package_updatable and open the file in TextEdit
> 5) Scroll to the bottom and find the line "found_valid_version=False"
> 6) Change False to True
> 7) Then delete all the text below until the start of "if not
> found_valid_version:" Making sure that line is not deleted!
> 8) Close the window, it will ask if you want to overwrite the file.
> Say yes.
> 9) Close the finder window and then run the installer like normal.
>
> Hopefully it should then work. Seems the problem was with the checksum
> - by deleting that the installer goes without a problem.

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Sydney, Australia.   mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
7/12/2008 5:11:34 AM
Tried this and what John McGhie mentioned above did in fact happen. No Office Module was able to launch. Since I had made a copy of my Office 2008 folder prior to updating I decided to experiment. I dragged the folder Microsoft Office 2008 > Office to the desktop and replaced it with the similar folder from Microsoft Office 2008 v. 12.1.0. EVERYTHING RAN PERFECTLY! Even Word, which I had been unable to use reliably since purchasing it 4 months ago. I then decided to try replacing the contents of Microsoft Office 2008 > Office v.12.1.0 now located in the Microsoft Office 2008 v.12.1.1 folder with the contents of the Office folder that I had dragged to the desktop earlier. Did that about 10 files at a time and each time, all the office programs ran. After completely replacing the contents with the newer versions on my desktop, everything is still running perfectly a day later.

The only drawback, is that when the Microsoft updater program launches, it still tells me that I need the 12.1.1 update. So, I changed the preferences in the updater to Manually.

Don't know why Microsoft must make things so difficult.

message routing problem !!!!!!!!1
Currently we are running our exchange 5.5 servers in our environment, we have 3 locations and all locations use same e-mail domain, all these locations have seprate NT 4 Domains not joined in a single domain but we can email to all of our locations using same e-mail domain and users in other locations are actually external recepients Now we are willing to upgrade our NT 4 domain environment to windows server 2000 domain and exchange server 2003 but we are facing a problem that we can't mail to users in other locations like we were doing in exchange 5.5 by making them external r...

How do I revert to default print quantity of 1?
I'm working with an Excel document (Office 2000) A specific file has a default print quantity of 8 every time I open it. I can't figure out how to change it back to 1 so the next time I open it I don't get 8 copies. Other Excel files have an automatic print quantity of 1 (which I assume is the factory default). How can I reset the print quantity on my Excel file to default to 1 copy? you can assign a button a macro to print just one page: ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1 "Pam Grant" <Pam Grant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Windows Update mangled Outlook
After Windows XP Cumulative Security Update KB980182 loaded, I lost the following Outlook 2003 functions. **Reminders **Ability to open or save attachments **Ability to access my 3 extra Contact lists I have tried System Restore back 2 months and none of the attempts to resorte worked. Does anyone have a fix or work around for this? -- Andrew ...

Display field from entity 3 in entity 1... See the question.. : )
I have entity 1, linked to entity 2 by a *-1 relationship. Entity 2 is linked to entity 3 by a *-1 relationship too. I want to display a field from entity 3 in entity 1. Is that possible? Thanks Hi, To point you a littlebit into the direction of a solution. You could make a webservice on top of the crm server providing the data. Pass the ID of the current record to the webservice. Next retrieve the data by programming a littlebit JavaScript on the onload event of the form of entity 1. This is like Ajax technolgoy. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "m1sterd" wrote: > I h...

Access 2007 05-12-10
I am currently using Microsoft Access 2007 and I am trying to set up a form in which I can select a name from a drop down menu and have it return the results in the fields below. My table currently has the following items in it. ID - Employee ID number (Listed as the Primary Key) FirstName - Employee First Name LastName - Employee Last Name Separation_Date - Employee Separation Date Email_Address - Employee Email address I would like to be able to select the employee name from a list.. and then have all the above fields show below that information and then be able to selec...

CRM 1.2 feature and changes
I haven't been active in the CRM newsgroup for a while. I'd like to know where there are some details on the 1.2 release and what the key differences are. I couldn't find anything on the Business Solutions site, but I just gave a quick glance then came here. John Try www.sonomapartners.com/articles/microsoft-crm-product- roadmap.aspx. >-----Original Message----- >I haven't been active in the CRM newsgroup for a while. I'd like to know >where there are some details on the 1.2 release and what the key differences >are. I couldn't find anything on the...

Win 7 Updates
My 75 yr old mother's HP laptop is about 8 months old, running Win 7 as an update to the factory installed Vista. She did the update, using an MS or HP supplied disk. Problem: Machine will be running for a while, when the screen goes black and a message comes up saying 'Installing file x of yyy do not switch off' where x is a rapidly increasing serial number and yyy is a large number, somtimes in the tens of thousands. At the same time there's a white line across the screen. Machine locks, doesn't really power off, unless forced to by holding the ...

SP2 Update
I have not experienced the problems reported by others and have installed SP 2 Pack successfully. The problem I encountered on along the way was that during installation, the installer identified 2 locations for Office 2004. One location was Applications and the other the Hard Disk. I therefore installed twice. Should my Office 2004 be in two locations? Is this usual? In article <BF5DD3B9.3EB%d_gtoomey@hotmail.com>, Dennis Toomey <d_gtoomey@hotmail.com> wrote: > Should my Office 2004 be in two locations? Is this usual? No. It should normally be stored in the Application...

Outlook Express 12-29-09
I can receive mail, but cannot forward message. Are you using Windows Mail, or Outlook Express? Outlook Express General newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general What exactly happens when you try to forward a message? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Mascoma" <Mascoma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27B4E8A1-DA5D-4CD7-A4DF-95CFC0BD2611@microsoft.com... >I can receive mail, but cannot forward message. Do you ...

EMail replies 12-12-05
Hi, We are trying to setup a support process using CRM 3.0 Pro. A queue has been created and is being populated using the router from e-mails coming in to support@company.com. When people are replying to e-mail in this folder the reply-to address is set to the logged on user. Is there an easy way to define that the reply-to address should be support@company.com for specific e-mails? Regards, Manso ...

Accidently uninstalled Microsoft Framework 1.1 and can't reinstall
I was uninstalling 2.0 to reinstall it (though afterwards I realized repair would have done wonders...) but I uninstalled 1.1 too. Now I can't reinstall 1.1 from the website. The same error comes up, about fusion. Any help? Try first re-installing 2.0 and then go back and try 1.1. I think I had to do that many months ago. I didnt need 1.1 to install 2 "Brandi" <Brandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31E7858D-34FA-4B18-91A1-2AEF61E0EB17@microsoft.com... >I was uninstalling 2.0 to reinstall it (though afterwards I realized repair > wou...

Moving CRM 1.x databases to new server
Hi all Can anyone point me to some good information on how to move CRM databases from one SQL 2000 server to another? I've been asked to do a feasibility assessment. Thanks Tony Afraid with 1.x it is not that easy. First, refer to the Implementation Guide and look at the Disaster Recovery section. It has the basic steps for "recovering" SQL to a new server. This is the same basic approach you need to follow. Make sure everything is working before droping the old DB's though as you may need to go back. Also, make sure you have good backups f everything (including yo...

Forms 12-28-07
Hi All, I've created a form using multiple tables for data entry. If I do not fill in all entries in the form, my form record count at the bottom will not count the entry. I will have the data in my table but I do not see it in the form. I have set my relationship to 1 to 1 with a primary key. How do I capture/count all records in my form? Please Help. Thank you On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 13:16:00 -0800, skk <skk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I've created a form using multiple tables for data entry. If I do not fill >in all entries in the form,...

Calendar updates don't work
Using Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000, I have a user called "Corporate Calendar" with the mailbox permissions as follows: Everybody in corporation: Reviewer Admin. Asst. 1: Owner (Mailbox User and Primary NT Account in Exchange Admin) Me: Owner (Mailbox User in Exchange Admin) Admin. Asst. 2: Editor on the Calendar Problems are: "Friday, we noticed that AA#2 was able to continue to make changes to the calendar throughout the day, while AA#1 could not, even though AA#1 is the owner! However, when AA#2 opened the calendar on Monday, some changes she made Friday did not...

Update data function across 2 workbooks
My question is, is it possible for data to be ported over 2 workbook just by clicking on the data on the first one via external links? For example, I have 2 workbooks - -catalogue.xls- and -order.xls-. Wha i want is for my customers to be able to look at the items available i -catalogue.xls-, and when they see an item that they want to order, al they have to do is to click on it, and the data in that highlighted ro will be ported over to -order.xls-. Is such a thing even possible? If it is, how shoud I go abou constructing such a spreadsheet? What values shoudl I define, etc etc? thank you...

SFO offline 12-08-04
Hi! We have MSCRM professional. When first online the data appears fine, although when you go offline it duplicates the 'initiator' and 'to' fields in phone calls and the same associoated fields in tasks etc etc. You can then go back online and the duplicates still appear but oyu can delete them and save it, it then is fine without duplicates but when you next go offline it does the field duplicates again! Although this isn't consistent, as it doesn't duplicate entries in all of the records and sometimes one but not the next time! weird and frustrating. Any help ...

Quotes and Bank Updates over the Internet
I am running XP for Home. I upgraded from Money 2003 to 2004. While running Money 2003 I would get the latest stock prices for my holdings and all bank transactions from my bank. Since I upgraded I cannot. I cannot find where to point to my ISP (Comcast via Ethernet/Cable Modem). I can hot link from Money to the Web for Help. Help ...

system restore 12-12-09
tried a point only 2 wks old. in Safe mode. No Changes made.... No Norton on set. Actually I want to dump all Updates that autoran in the last 2 wks, so I can retry SP3 taht is crashing. is there a way to do them en masse? thanx Never, EVER use System Restore to "undo" an update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade! Intead, uninstall the update, Service Pack, or IE upgrade & reboot. If that doesn't correct the problem, then try System Restore. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com plugg...

error C2719 with VC7.1
Hi everyone, VC6 compiles fine, but 7.1 flags an error. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\vector(507): error C2719: '_Val': formal parameter with __declspec(align('16')) won't be aligned This appears to be related to my usage of std::vector in my classes. Also, I have this at the top of one of my classes's header #define MYD3DXMATRIX D3DXMATRIXA16 My usage of D3DXMATRIXA16 is not related to std::vector I never declare a vector<D3DXMATRIXA16> my_matrices; or anything like that. For those who don't know, D3DXMATRIXA16 is mean...

Excel 04-12-10
How can I convert excel worksheets to ASCII file Save As, Save as type is Text(MSDOS).txt Gweruzim wrote: > How can I convert excel worksheets to ASCII file Depending on what you mean, you may be able to do: File|SaveAs (in xl2003 menus) And save a .txt, .prn, or .csv file. All of these would result in a text file. But each would be different! Gweruzim wrote: > > How can I convert excel worksheets to ASCII file -- Dave Peterson ...

Reinstalling 1.2
With all the problems I have had with Crystal Reports and the 9.2.2 fiasco I want to just reinstall CRM1.2. Is it possible to reinstall 1.2 without losing all of the current data? I want to see if reinstalling the sorry @$$ sucker will resolve our Crystal Reports issues. There is no "repair" option that I can see. So it looks like an uninstall and reinstall. But I really do not want to lose our test data. Thanks Webster Carl, You can uninstall and then reinstall using the existing databases. the uninstall does not remove the DB's of the AD Org units, so they are stil...

Outbox #12
Hi: I have a problem where when I send e-mails with attchments it remains in the Outbox, Can anyone help with this. Thanks in advance Regards: Bruno ...

Check this update
--bxedmallcmvwsdaw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="niiqhwgkej"; type="multipart/alternative" --niiqhwgkej Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bvictdhlxmshrrhq" --bvictdhlxmshrrhq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "December 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your com...

multiple emails sent when only 1 is intended.
My email recipients report receiving 20 emails when I only send 1 to them. Outlook 2003 is my system. This happens more often if I am sending attachments. Please advise. best regards, Brian Maddox I am having the same trouble but have not been able to find any information about how to resolve this problem. It doesn't happen all the time, but like Brian, more often when I am sending attachments. ...

Diabetes tracker? BG, BP, Wt, INR, exercise, carbs
I have seen excel BP trackers, weight trackers, BG trackers. Does anyone know how to create a simple-to-use chart to track several items at varying times of the day or week. For example: BG will be monitored 1 to 4 x day, Carbs - and other essential nutrients - 3 or more x day BP, Wt, INR will be tracked randomly - weekly, monthly or more often as required Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. I hve very limited experience with Excel This depends on what you are tracking. If you are simply tracking the number of times per day for BP, BG, etc (sorry, I do not know what these a...