10.1.4: First Class--as far as it goes

The improvements found in version 10.1.4 clearly signal that Microsoft
listens to users and has been responsive in making some of the improvements
that a number of us have advocated in our email to mswish@microsoft.com

I had hoped for more bug fixes and improvements, particularly in Entourage,
but will have to look forward to the next version.

The installation and my subsequent test of Office components went well. I
had, as required, previously installed 10.1.2. None of Office's components
were renamed. I ran Repair Permissions first, turned off Office
Notifications, disabled Norton AntiVirus and made sure no other programs
were running. As I do immediately after any major installation, I ran Repair
Permissions before launching anything in 10.1.4.

0
nnager (12)

Custom base class for dialog
I have a base class derived from CDialog, let's call it CMyDialog. CMyDialog implements basic functionality that a large group of my dialogs need to have. One common member is a CGridCtrl (another derived class), that implements subitem editing. My issue comes to having handlers that respond to LVN_BEGINLABELEDIT as well as LVN_ENDLABELEDIT. To use the message map functionality I need to have some identifier such as IDC_LIST1. The problem of course is that CMyDialog doesn't have access to this value. The other problem is that perhaps the CGridCtrl members doesn't have the same dia...

LDAP Error 150 04-22-10
Hello, We are experiencing an issue with our users using Entourage 2008 on Mac OS X 10.6 clients. The server is a recent Exchange migration and is running the latest Kerio Connect version. All client computers have been upgraded to the latest version of Office as well. What happens is every couple hours users are getting an error message that pops up and says an unknown error has occurred and lists LDAP error 150. They can hit ok and continue, but it's very annoying. I've googled the error message to no end, but haven't come up with anything solid. I've tried disablin...

Problems after System Restore 01-10-10
I don't see my original post, so here it is again. After a system restore (saving data), PC is still not functioning properly, slow and whirring noise from hard drive when not using the PC. It is a HP with Windows Media 2005. When exploring system tools I noticed that all the start up programs (95 pages) have duplicates. Is this normal? Also, PC is still running slow. Here is an example of what the start up programs show: $ncsp$ $ncsp$.inf NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Startup $ncsp$ $ncsp$.inf .DEFAULT Startup $winnt$ $winnt$.inf NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Startup $winnt$ $winnt$.inf .DEFAULT...

Service Pack 4 in a Cliente GP
I installed the Service Pack 4 in a Client GP but I can't continue with the process because i don't see the Upgrate otion in Utilities. Please, someone tell me if is posible to install The Service Pack 4 in a Cliente Great Plains. Thanks Ines. You need to have the SQL Client tools installed on the Client workstation You only need to perform the Upgrade Option once. Regards J "Ines" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:baae01c48929$4ca3e390$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I installed the Service Pack 4 in a Client GP but I can't > continue ...

disappearing e-mail 04-21-10
This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some email just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am. What next? "Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message news:C8EFF7C5-B8C5-4F52-8D9F-070299902F6C@microsoft.com... > This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some > email > just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other > threads that say make...

Closing Balance figure to be carried as Opening Balance in a new record 02-14-10
I am working on a database for Accounts in which I need to carry the closing balance of one record as the opening balance of the next record. both the fields are "Number" type. Like MCCB in record No.x or y or z should be carried to the next new record as the opening balance fieldname MCOB. This carrying of CB as OB should take effect while working continuously, or after a closing the form and reloading after a one or two or when opened the next day or next working day. I want a solution to this problem of mine. Please help me -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com...

Expression 05-12-10
My first table with expressions worked after I messed with the relationship of the tables I had such a mess that I started over. Now the expressions aren't working. Pro Rate Table Auto Num Unit MonthlyRent DailyRent [MonthlyRent]/30 StartDate EndDate NumDays [EndDate]-[StartDate] Amt [MumDays]*[DailyRent] Originally I had Monthlyrent getting data from another field =adj rent ..... StartDate got data =LeaseStart+30 all the data is in the same table and the same form any ideas... =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= wrote: > > My first table with expressions wor...

Change Receipt Printer 1 to Printer Model Name
This probably cannot be done but it’s worth a shot. To make things easier for the employees at our store. When they need to reprint a receipt is shows Receipt Printer 1 and Receipt Printer 2. Is there a way to change these names from Receipt Printer 1 to Brother Laser and Receipt Printer 2 to Star Receipt. I know this seems like a lost cause because it shouldn't be too hard to remember 2 printers. But the employees would be very grateful. Thanks in advance for anyone who offers any advice. Sticky note? -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Expres...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 Workflow activity extensions
Hi, I am glad to announce a new codeplex project called "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4 Workflow activity extensions". Currently, the following activities have been added: String concatenation String capitalization Calculations Any suggestions are welcome. http://crm4activities.codeplex.com ...

=?iso-8859-1?q?graphique_nom_de_s=E9rie?=
Bonjour, Je viens de passer =E0 XP et Excel 2003. Quand je clique dans Nom de s=E9rie dans l'onglet Etiquette de donn=E9es dans Option du graphique, il m'affiche une multitude de nom de s=E9rie pour chaque courbe, or je ne souhaite qu'un seul nom par courbe. Comment r=E9soudre ce probl=E8me ? Merci d'avance Eric eric wrote... >Je viens de passer =E0 XP et Excel 2003. >Quand je clique dans Nom de s=E9rie dans l'onglet Etiquette de donn=E9es >dans Option du graphique, il m'affiche une multitude de nom de s=E9rie >pour chaque courbe, or je ne souhaite qu'...

Enumerator 02-10-10
Hi! At the end is a complete short program listed. If I do this statement Stack<string>.Enumerator q = numbers.GetEnumerator(); I create a Enumerator that is called q in this example. But enumerator is used when iterating through a collection for example by using the foreach construction. So my first simple question is why is it not possible to write foreach in this way using q as an enumerator ??? This cause the compile that is listed after the foreach. My qualified guess is because this enumerator q doesn't implement the IEnumerable we can't use a foreach he...

GP 10 Security
Does anyone know an easy way of assigning all users in all companies to the power user role, or do you seriously have to go into user security setup and set it individually for each user and each company combination. I have several companies and sereral users making the task exponentially large. My first question is why would you want everyone to be a power user in all companies if you have that many users. The only idea off the top of my head is a macro but I'm not in front of GP so I'm not sure how much you could automate it. Mark On May 22, 6:25 pm, Travis Vigar <TravisVi...

Macro enabled word templates in CRM 4.0
Hi! We have a customer with several macro enabled .dotm word templates which are used with CRM 3.0. They want to upgrade to 4.0 but from what I see CRM 4.0 only supports word templates in .xml format. Is this correct? I can't seem to run macros and visual basic code in .xml word templates. This is needed as it is where the customer chooses printer, drawers etc. Any way of using .dotm templates in CRM 4.0 or choosing printers etc with code in .xml templates? ...

Case Resolution Time differs from version 1.2 to 3.0
Hi, I have observed an issue with 1.2 to 3.0 when it comes to Case Resolution Time. Here is the observcation. I resolve a case with a completed task for 3 hours. If I reactivate the case work 1 hour in another task, then resolve again, the time comes up as 1 hour (not 4 hours). This also occurs on v3.0 when it is upgraded from 1.2, but not on v3.0 when there was no upgrade. From what I understand is that v1.2 performed the following action on a case when reactivated: Cancel the previous resolution task (i.e. set the status of the resolution activity from completed to cancelled). ...

sales for outlook 10-22-03
when creating crm contact,appointment, or a task using the "crm toolbar" in the sales for outlook client, it is supposed to post them in both crm and outlook. i only get it in crm ...

Win Xp stops and goes
I have a Dell 9100 with Winxp home 4gigs ram 2 drives. Everything is working great except I recently noticed that it seems to stutter. Opening a miniclip game to test it I noticed the tank would go and then stop then go and then stop even though I am holding the go key down. I then opened word 2007 and held a key down and it typed then stopped then typed then stopped even though I was holding the key down the entire time so it is the machine not my comcast internet connection. Before I take a step of tearing and reinstalling the operation system I figured I would throw it ou...

PERSONAL.XLS #10
how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 16:41:01 -0700, "F7772" <F7772@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do I delete this file from the VBA editor? TIA Personal.xls is loaded automatically from the xlStart folder, the location of which will vary according to your operating system and Office version. All you need to do is find that folder, and move personal.xls out of it. --------------------------------------------------------- Hank Scorpio scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.) * Please keep all replies ...

How to edit the code to insert more than 1 image?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to edit the following code to insert more than 1 image? If A1 = 1, then display image from ("C:\TempPic.JPG"), else If A1 = 2, then display image from ("C:\TempPic2.JPG") else display nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it for Excel 2003? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myPic As Object If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then If Range("A1") = 1 Then Set myPic = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("C:\TempPic.JPG") Els...

Freeze pane #4
Whenever I freeze a pane in Excel, it appears that it resets once I exit the program. I have tried saving the spreadsheet and I have tried using save workspace. Meaning: I create the freeze pane and it works fine while I am in the existing spreadsheet. However, once I exit the spreadsheet and Excel, then re-open the spreadsheet, the "freeze pane" has to be re-established. How can this be fixed? -- CMac That's just weird. I'd just redo the sheet or something. Sounds fishy t me -- gearo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gearoi'...

Count #4
Hi, Need some help on COUNT. Need to count all values which are between 0 & 2 (this is on another sheet within my spreadsheet called "Data") Any help would be sweet. Thanks -- Flipside ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Flipside's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17111 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500094 =COUNTIF(Data!A1:A100>=0)-COUNTIF(Data!A1:A100>2) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Flipsid...

validation 03-10-10
hi, every one.. How to validate between two workbook..? Is there any option on this Please describe what data you have in each workbook, and what you want to do with it. Pete On Mar 10, 11:57=A0am, selvaraj <selva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, every one.. > > How to validate between two workbook..? > > Is there any option on this Hi, Look into Debra web http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html At the bottom you will find more links to examples and vs Hope this helps "selvaraj" wrote: > hi, every one.. ...

Running total 10-25-07
Is there anyway to produce a running total in a query? I tried the help menus but they only mention running totals in reports. You have to have a field that supply the order (like a dateStamp) and, sure, the value to be summed. SELECT a.dateStamp, LAST(a.theValue), SUM(b.theValue) FROM yourTable AS a INNER JOIN yourTable AS b ON a.dateStamp >= b.dateStamp GROUP BY a.dateStamp will then do. Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Beagle1927" <ebonystealth@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1193324501.725632.305280@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > Is...

Notes #10
I'm wondering if it's possible to send notes from a smart phone to outlook/one note? Thank you for any answers. Probably depends on the sync software supplied with your phone "maxermil" <maxermil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D25A6D8-48C7-4E6B-B8F5-8BE0BC66EA2E@microsoft.com... > I'm wondering if it's possible to send notes from a smart phone to > outlook/one note? Thank you for any answers. ...

Customer deposit possible in POS 1.0?
Hello, I have MS POS 1.0 and am wondering if there is the ability to have a customer pay a deposit on an item that is not in stock. For instance, they order an expensive widget and we'd like to take a 50% deposit (or all their money at that time) before we order it so that we aren't stuck holding something we normally don't stock/sell. Is it better to just charge the full amount at time of sale or can we put in a deposit and charge a certain percentage? I'm using MS POS 1.0 for 1 register. Thanks. ~Allen Allen, MSPOS doesn't have support for taking deposits on tran...

Displaying Yes/No as Yes or No instead of -1 and 0 01-21-10
Hi, I know that I've done this before, but now I can't remember how I did it... In my form, I want my Yes/No combo box to display Yes or No instead of -1 or 0 after the choice is made. I'm remembering something about column widths, but so far no luck. Thanks for your help! on the Porperty Sheet you can set Format to Yes/No laura.dodge wrote: >Hi, I know that I've done this before, but now I can't remember how I >did it... > >In my form, I want my Yes/No combo box to display Yes or No instead of >-1 or 0 after the choice is made. I'm rem...