[NEWS] MS Improves Office 2004 SysAdmin Guides

From MacWorld......
http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=14904

      Microsoft has released an updated version of its Mac Office Resource
Kit.

      This is of specific interest to system administrators and other IT
professionals who manage and support Office for Mac on a network.

      The new documentation includes a major new section to help guide
system admins through the Office 2004 deployment process. It explains how
they can exploit Apple technologies to do this, including Workgroup Manager,
Apple Remote Desktop and PackageMaker. It also explains how to manage
preferences on multiple machines and furnishes detailed information to help
system administrators integrate Office 2004 into an Exchange Server
environment.

      New information about working with SharePoint, Internet Security and
Acceleration (ISA) Server, and Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and SQL
Server features in the guide.

      There's also a more extensive guide to configuring Office 2004
programs, Virtual PC for Mac, and Messenger for Mac as well as a revamped
Maintenance section.

Full information here:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/resources.aspx?pid=resourcekits

0
mmmmark

MS Accounting 2007 Uninstall
I am trying to install MS Office accounting. When I use Add/Remove it calls the Accounting Uninstaller which then does not work - it runs but does not uninstall the program. I have tried the method in the KB article on this using control appwiz.cpl but this essentially calls Add/Remove and you end up with the Uninstaller which doesn't work. Anyone any solution for this. reinstall which should fix the uninstaller then uninstall peter -- If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a ...

MS win 7 outlook 2007
Even though I have all the right boxes checked I dont recieve email notifcation sounds to tell me there is new mail Did you check the sounds applet in the control panel to verify that there is a valid sound file attached to the new mail program event? "cobra2351" <cobra2351@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF308405-9C44-48C3-85FD-1D96BFF16F55@microsoft.com... > Even though I have all the right boxes checked I dont recieve email > notifcation sounds to tell me there is new mail ...

Office Data File
HI, I'm using Beta 2 Outlook 2003. I tried to open a .pst file that I had backed up onto a CD.. I copied the file from the CD to my hard drive then unclick the Read Only box in properties. When I try to import or open data file, I get the following message: The file you choose is not an outlook data file, you must select a new file of this type. When I look at the file on my hard drive sure it enough it says Office Data File. Any idea on how to open these folders? Thanks, Enid ...

Adding Office 2007 with Office 2000 with frontpage installed
Have just bought Office 2007 (Home and Student edition) will install it later but I want to know if it will just upgrade my Word/Excel/Powerpoint and leave Frontpage 2000 and Publisher 2000 as it is. Tim It should leave the earlier programs alone, but you may have to run a repair (Help->Repair or similar) on one or both the older programs. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. "Tim Rogers" <nospam@sapm.net> wrote in message news:7p6tv0F8mcU1@mid.i...

ms office problem
hi i downloaded a copy of ms office from ms but i had some other problems with my pc so i done a fresh install of vista and ms office is no longer there how do i go about getting it back or would i have to buy it again or is there some way ms knows that i downloaded it can i download again also i dont have any activation code can somone help me out please If you didn't save the download and the activation code, that was quite foolish of you, wasn't it? Contact wherever you purchased it from with complete proof of purchase, and see what happens. If not, pull out your ch...

Office Apps won't launch in OS X after running Font Reserve
I'm running (trying to, that is) Office v.X in OS 10.2.6 -- problem is that when I try to open any Microsoft app I get the splash screen and then "Application has unexpectedly quit". This also happens with IE as well. Note that I can open Entourage, but once I view any message in the view pane it quits. I notices once I turned off the view as HTML, I didn't have the problem. I'm almost 99% certain it's a font issue -- here's the background... I installed all MS apps on my laptop, and they were running fine. At that point all fonts were installed in their respect...

How to publish ms publisher files to aplus.net
MS recommends Aplus.net as one of only two seb services that provide service for S Publisher 07. I have subscribed to NETPLUS, but their site has in formation on how to upload using MS PUlisher 07. I have tried to upload using the help files from publisher, but without success. I would rather not have to resort to ftp. I want to use the Publisher devices I am paying for. Can anyone help me? Peter If you don't want to use FTP uploading protocol, then you will use HTTP which requires FrontPage Server extensions (FPSE). Here are four references for you...Pub 2003 articles will ap...

finding old news messages
Hi am wondering if somebody can tell me how to find older mail messages. I put a question in a few weeks ago, regarding how to copy a page and paste it to another location without the hidden cells, or grouped cells. Now of course I can't remember how to do this, and can not find the question. I have downloaded all the excel items (3164), but am told there is a way of getting to the whole database Thanks Tim search in google > groups http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=microsoft.public.excel good luck Tim wrote: > Hi am wonderin...

News group posting error
When I try to post to the "alt-windows7.general" newsgroup under "aiog.org" I get the following error. I was able to post until a couple weeks ago. "Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject 'Can't post a "reply group"', Account: 'aioe.org', Server: 'aioe.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 Too many errors for your IP', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9" How can I correct this error? TIA, Paul ....and you're asking this in a Vista newsgroup,...

I lost the key numbers to my Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business
I lost the disk cover that the Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business program disk that contained the key numbers needed to open the program. Is there any way of retrieving the numbers or openning the program without the key numbers. I have the program on the computer but unable to open it On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:12:03 +0100, mike wrote (in article <CA51CD7F-0F06-4E66-9DA8-7706546C6F2A@microsoft.com>): > I lost the disk cover that the Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business program > disk that contained the key numbers needed to open the program. Did you? That was bloody ...

News missing
I wnet through the instructions to add News to my Go button. However, I missed the Go button and it ended up on the Menu Bar. when I tried to use it from there it tried to open some folder. So, I opened the Customize to see if I could get it back into there and I would re-drag it to Go. Well it allowed me to drag it to the Customize box when it was open but now the News option is gone. I checked all the customizable options and it is nowhere to be found. I ran the Detect and Repair but that didn't fix it. Where is my News option??? To get the News command back, go back to th...

Is this news group still active?
Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 Rowan Prior rowanp <removethis> wrote: > Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader > (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... How very strange .. 30 seconds after posting my question, eveything updated ... yeah, I am happy to be back living in the here and now.. noyb wrote: > Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 > > Rowan Prior rowanp <removethi...

MS Outlook 2000
I an having a problem with outlook, when i install my SR1 cd in the drive i get a windows patch cannot be found error also I have tried to uninstall Outlook because of a error on my part & wheb I try to use the add/remove windows program I get the same message....I have a dell 1.0 gh P3 with 512 mb ram running Windows XP Home EDition......All I want to do is uninstall Outlook 2000 (Office 2000 Professional purchased copy) & re-install PLEASE HELP ? ? ? (Registy issue??) If you need any more info please E-mail Me Russ adpguy@comcast.net ...

Hot News! Hot News! Hot News!
Hai. The all-new www.businessjoint.net is ready to serve you in a better way. Visit and succeed! Thanks ...

What happened to the original MS Games solitaire? Much missed!
The message is in the subject. M "Magwal" <Magwal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82E438B1-11F0-4C13-8D73-A0837647C60F@microsoft.com... > The message is in the subject. M Nothing AFAIK. Perfectly normal here on Windows 7.... Magwal wrote: > The message is in the subject. M Did you happen to notice what is the name of THIS newsgroup? ...

Unable to restore MS Money 2000
My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate or it might be a read-only attribute." Hoe to i restore? See if you can copy it to the harddrive and restore from there. "Dan" <dan420@optonline.net> wrote in message news:11b3101c383d5$3dcfd810$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. > Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive > a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate ...

Speed improvement help needed for large xml queries
I have a table in my database that is very large. It is basically a table of XML documents. The table contains a field with an XML data type that can average around 1mb of data for each record. My table currently has over a million records, and it is growing quickly. The problem I'm having is that I need to run queries that return values from specific nodes within the xml documents. When ever I do this the query can take a very long time. I cannot index the xml because there are many different types of documents so there are 100+ different schemas. Is there any way to speed t...

MS webbrowser control
I'm using a C++ / VS.NET 2003 (unmanaged) dialog-based project. I'm attempting to insert the "Microsoft Web Browser" ActiveX control. When I did this is VS6, it would generate webbrowser.h and webbrowser.cpp wrapper classes which worked well and included all of the needed methods (e.g. Navigate2). If I do this in VS7.1, it generates explorer.h and explorer.cpp which contain a whole heap of enumerations and no methods at all!!! The wrapper class is completely useless. Can anyone explain this to me? Is there any way to make .NET generate a useful wrapper for this class??? ...

Out of Office(OOF)assistant does not send auto reply.
Out of Office(OOF)assistant does not send auto reply automatically. Is there any way to trouble shoot and enable OOF. ...

How To Access Thru News Server
"The messages are visible if you access the group directly using the news server, rather than via the unreliable web interface. -- David Biddulph" David made above comment earlier. How do you do that please? Thanks in advance for any replies. Saved from a previous post: If you're able (not behind a firewall at work???), you may want to connect directly to the MS newsservers. If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and paste into MSIE). news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.setup news://msnews.microsoft...

No News is bad news
I am new to Outlook 2003 but have used Outlook Express for a long time. I want to be able to use newsgroups but am having a problem getting News set up. I followed the instructions from help, 1.. Add the News command to the Go menu. 1.. On the Standard toolbar, click the Toolbar Options arrow . 2.. Point to Add or Remove Buttons, and then click Customize. 3.. Click the Commands tab. 4.. In the Categories list, click Go. 5.. In the Commands list, click News, and drag it, without releasing the mouse, until it rests over the Go menu. When the menu displays a list of comm...

Can I install publisher 2000 in Office XP?
I own both Office 2000 Professional with Publisher 2000 and Office XP Professional without Publisher. I only use Publisher for producing programs for an amatuer drama ministry I am associated with. Needless to say Publisher is not used heavily that's why I did not order it with Office XP. However, since I have Office XP on my desktop, main PC now, I would like to install Publisher 2000 on it as well as my laptop which has Office 2000 with Publisher 2000. Publisher 2000 is on a seperate CD from the rest of Office 2000 Professional. Yes, just make sure it is installed in a diffe...

Sales for Outlook not working
Our MS CRM calendar will sync with sales for outlook but not the other way around. When I enter an appointment in SFO and go online\offline it does not go to the CRM calendar. Any Ideas? How was the appointment created? Via the normal Outlook appointment or by using the CRM Apporintment button? A std Outlook appt wil not synch with CRM. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 22 Oct 2004 14:11:35 -0700, joseph_nelson@glic.com (Joseph) wrote: Our MS CRM calendar will sync with sales for outlook but not the other...

office 2007 -- formulas
The following formula: =COUNTIF(X8:X17,"*7*")+COUNTIF(X24:X35,"*7*")+COUNTIF(X43:X75,"*7*") will only return a value when Calculate Now is selected, then the formula disappears. I need the formula to return the value and update as changes are made to the worksheet. AR First make sure calcualation mode is set to automatic. Second.......if you are in edit mode when you hit F9 the formula will disappear. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:47:01 -0800, andylea16 <andylea16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &g...

Office 2001 settings migration
Good morning Is there a way to migrate the settings from Office 2001, to Office 2004? One our faculty is adamant that recreating the Office settings in 2004 will take an exorbitant amount of time, and it would be much easier to migrate the settings. I have searched for a migrations method, or settings location on the Net and have not been able to locate anything to help. thanks much take care Lucas Friedrichsen, ITC OSU Computer Helpdesk Oregon State University osucomputerhelpdesk@oregonstate.edu 541-737-3474 http://tss.oregonstate.edu/ We Listen, We Care, We Respond. There'...