"File could not be found" server error with Office 2004

I've seen a number of posts here concerning the inability of some users
to save Mac Office 2004 files to a network file server with Mac OS
10.4-10.4.2. We're having that problem currently with our Novell
server. I was wondering if anyone had an available solution at this
time (some of the original posts were from nearly a year ago!), or at
least some advice on a work-around. I haven't been able to find any
definitive information.

Thanks!

In article <1121713885.643511.102120@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
 jack.c.solner@walgreens.com wrote:

> I've seen a number of posts here concerning the inability of some users
> to save Mac Office 2004 files to a network file server with Mac OS
> 10.4-10.4.2. We're having that problem currently with our Novell
> server. I was wondering if anyone had an available solution at this
> time (some of the original posts were from nearly a year ago!), or at
> least some advice on a work-around. I haven't been able to find any
> definitive information.

From what I've read, this seems to apply primarily to Mac OS X users
saving Office files to Windows Servers when connected using SMB.

An AFP connection doesn't seem to be as prone to this problem.

Macs are use to natively speaking AFP. SMB connectivity was introduced
back in Mac OS X 10.2, but it still isn't implemented as smoothly as AFP.

Here's a link to the macwindows.com site with some discussion about
Excel having this problem
<http://www.macwindows.com/Win2003.html#101304>.

Antivirus software has also been known to cause a delay in accessing
some files, so be sure to test your connection without antivirus
software activated, if possible. Some products will allow you to set
directories that will not be scanned to avoid this problem.

Hope this helps! bill
--
William M. Smith
(Microsoft Interop MVP)

.DLL file could not be found
The message below is what comes up when I try to open MS Outlook. I have tried numerous patches from Microsoft and have deleted and re-loaded Office on my PC. Have also contacted Dell but they were not able to help me. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Thanx!!! ...

"File could not be found" server error with Office 2004
I've seen a number of posts here concerning the inability of some users to save Mac Office 2004 files to a network file server with Mac OS 10.4-10.4.2. We're having that problem currently with our Novell server. I was wondering if anyone had an available solution at this time (some of the original posts were from nearly a year ago!), or at least some advice on a work-around. I haven't been able to find any definitive information. Thanks! In article <1121713885.643511.102120@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, jack.c.solner@walgreens.com wrote: > I've seen a number of p...

"Personal file could not be found"
I've been using Outlook 2000 for a couple of years. After downloading a set of Microsoft updates, including one for Outlook, I am now recieving an error message stating that my personal file can not be found. I have done a search for .pst file but have not found any associated files. Any ideas on where the old files might be? Any ideas on how to avoid this in the future? Thanks in advance! Rachel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been using Outlook 2000 for a couple of years. > After downloading a set of Microsoft updates, including > o...