[ANN] Office 2004 update 11.2.3

        Hi All,

   The Office 11.2.3 update is out :-)
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d
ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=4&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=Tru

Time to update... You can either grab it thorough the link I gave (but
it goes over several lines which is sometimes a pain) or use the Check
for updates command in the Help menu of any Office app.

The update is available in multiple languages. The release notes on the
page I cited are rather extensive,

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

On 2006-03-14 18:48:29 +0000, korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org (Corentin
Cras-M�neur) said:

> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d
> ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=4&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=Tru

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d
ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=4&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=Tru
e>

That might wrap better.

Cheers,

Steve
--
The reply-to email address is a spam trap.
Email steve 'at' shodgson 'dot' org 'dot' uk

0
hamrun (1)
3/14/2006 7:30:03 PM
Steve Hodgson <hamrun@gmail.com> wrote:

> <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d
> ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=4&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=Tru
> e>
>
> That might wrap better.

it still is over one line. I could have used TinyURL, but some people
are always afraid that it could be phising and lead them to a "pirate"
site.

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)
<korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:

>         Hi All,
>
>    The Office 11.2.3 update is out :-)
> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d
> ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=4&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=Tru
>
> Time to update... You can either grab it thorough the link I gave (but
> it goes over several lines which is sometimes a pain) or use the Check
> for updates command in the Help menu of any Office app.
>
> The update is available in multiple languages. The release notes on the
> page I cited are rather extensive,
>
>         Corentin

Anyone know if this fixes the "Too Many Files Open" problem in Word (when
using Network Homes Directories on a Mac OS X 10.4 Server)?

Thanks, John

John Lockwood <john.lockwood@amtec.co.uk> wrote:

> Anyone know if this fixes the "Too Many Files Open" problem in Word (when
> using Network Homes Directories on a Mac OS X 10.4 Server)?

I've never had the problem so I can't check it myself. Additioanly, I'm
not sure whether it is an Office or a MacOS X issue :-\

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

Corentin Cras-M=E9neur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    The Office 11.2.3 update is out :-)
> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=3Ddownload&location=3D/ma=
c/d
> ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=3D4&ssid=3D29&flgnosysreq=
=3DTru

> Time to update... You can either grab it thorough the link I gave (but
> it goes over several lines which is sometimes a pain) or use the Check
> for updates command in the Help menu of any Office app.
>
> The update is available in multiple languages. The release notes on the
> page I cited are rather extensive,
>
>         Corentin
>

> --
>                     --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
>        http://www.mvps.org       -     http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>     MVPs are not MS employees    -    Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS
>  Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me    -      Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'=E9crire

I had to do a reinstall from the CD, then I downloaded the update and
it seems fine now. But, keep your CD near.

In article <1142453290.243490.193020@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com>,
 heidialyssa@gmail.com wrote:

> I had to do a reinstall from the CD, then I downloaded the update and
> it seems fine now. But, keep your CD near.

Thanks for the warning. I will hold off until I see how the Mac boards
are talking about it.

labolide (127)
3/15/2006 11:21:43 PM
I have tried to install this update two different ways and failed both
times.

First, I downloaded the Update (Office2004-1123UpdateEN.dmg) from the
MSFT website and ran the installer. After authenticating as "root", the
installer searched for programs to update. After searching for about 30
seconds, I get an error dialog that reads: "The installer could not
locate the correct version of the software required to install this
update. See the Read Me file included with this installer to determine
if your software meets the requirements for this update."

Second, Microsoft AutoUpdate automatically downloaded the update and
auto-launched the installer. I get the same error dialog.

My copy of Office is currently 11.2.1. The Updater Log for that update
reads as follows:

> Sunday, October 23, 2005 1:46 PM  Beginning installation.
> Office 2004 11.2.1 Update
> Type of Install: Easy Install
> Installed Macintosh HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Microsoft Entourage
> Installed Macintosh HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Microsoft Component Plugin
> Sunday, October 23, 2005 1:46 PM
> The installation is complete.

I verified that the path to the Microsoft Office applications (Word,
Excel, etc.) is unchanged from the path indicated above (which the
11.2.1 Updater found just fine).

Does anyone have any suggestions for why previous updates (11.2.0 and
11.2.1) would install without issue, but 11.2.3 won't?

1.5GHz PowerPC G4
12" LCD, 512 MB DDR SDRAM
25.45 GB free disk
Mac OS 10.4.5

Thanks in advance.

0
mitchcg (8)
3/16/2006 1:00:26 AM
<mitchcg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions for why previous updates (11.2.0 and
> 11.2.1) would install without issue, but 11.2.3 won't?

Permission issues ?? Did you try using DIsk Utility to repair
Permissions on your drive ??

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)
mitchcg@gmail.com wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions for why previous updates (11.2.0 and
> 11.2.1) would install without issue, but 11.2.3 won't?

mitchcg@gmail.com, I'm having the same problem.  Anyone out there come
up with a solution yet?    My situation is ditto to how mitchcg
explained it.  My stats:

667  MHz PowerPC G4
15" LCD, 1 GB SDRAM
6.03 GB free disk
Mac OS 10.4.5

Thanks for any help.

0
pulanch (1)
3/16/2006 3:25:30 AM
I used Disk Utility to repair permissions (twice) and rebooted. The
problem persists.

0
mitchcg (8)
3/16/2006 2:29:16 PM
I installed "successfully" but now Word, Excel, and PowerPoint won't
open - you may be better off waiting until that gets sorted out. Any
advice is welcome.

Corentin Cras-M=E9neur wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>    The Office 11.2.3 update is out :-)
> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=3Ddownload&location=3D/ma=
c/d
> ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=3D4&ssid=3D29&flgnosysreq=
=3DTru

In the absence of much positive comment...

I installed the update successfully first time on two iBook G4s.  These
only have Word, Excel and Powerpoint, so I cannot comment on any
Entourage issues.

Interestingly, the Excel version shows as 11.2.3, but Word as 11.2,
though as Word seems to work OK I assume it updated as intended.

PhilD

--
<><

0
phildeaves (51)
3/17/2006 10:47:17 AM
same here... tried twice but it cannot find the files to update

Corentin,

Since you're an MVP, are you able to point someone at MSFT to this
thread so that perhaps we can generate a little interest from
Microsoft?

That fact that 3 of 9 posts to this thread (not counting yours)
complain of exactly the same issue should be a tip that something's
wrong.

Thanks,

0
mitchcg (8)
3/18/2006 3:25:17 PM
In article <1142695516.980549.31900@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>,
 mitchcg@gmail.com wrote:

> Corentin,
>
> Since you're an MVP, are you able to point someone at MSFT to this
> thread so that perhaps we can generate a little interest from
> Microsoft?
>
> That fact that 3 of 9 posts to this thread (not counting yours)
> complain of exactly the same issue should be a tip that something's
> wrong.
>
> Thanks,

I think MS got in trouble with this update.
I'd wait for the the fix before any thought of installation.

labolide (127)
3/18/2006 4:18:54 PM
I have the same problem. Tried fixing permissions but the updater fails
to find my files any updat on this?

nick
Kurt wrote:
> In article <1142695516.980549.31900@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com>,
>  mitchcg@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Corentin,
> >
> > Since you're an MVP, are you able to point someone at MSFT to this
> > thread so that perhaps we can generate a little interest from
> > Microsoft?
> >
> > That fact that 3 of 9 posts to this thread (not counting yours)
> > complain of exactly the same issue should be a tip that something's
> > wrong.
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> I think MS got in trouble with this update.
> I'd wait for the the fix before any thought of installation.
>
> --
> To reply by email, remove the word "space"

0
ndmurphy (1)
3/18/2006 5:55:13 PM
I ran the auto-updater this morning on my iBook G4 and now my entourage
identity is gone along with all my mail, notes, projects, etc.

Anybody know of a way for me to recover my original database?

Thanks,

Go to Entourage > Switch Identity, and re-select your identity.  Usually
that will correct the problem.

If not, see some tips here for help:
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/database.html#db4>

On 3/18/06 3:02 PM, in article
1142715739.484641.166070@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com, "Pennsyltuckian"
<pennsyltuckian1960@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I ran the auto-updater this morning on my iBook G4 and now my entourage
> identity is gone along with all my mail, notes, projects, etc.
>
> Anybody know of a way for me to recover my original database?
>
> Thanks,

Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>
Entourage Help Page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/>

On 3/18/06 7:25 AM, in article
<mitchcg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Corentin,
>
> Since you're an MVP, are you able to point someone at MSFT to this
> thread so that perhaps we can generate a little interest from
> Microsoft?
>
> That fact that 3 of 9 posts to this thread (not counting yours)
> complain of exactly the same issue should be a tip that something's
> wrong.
>
> Thanks,

Hi Folks, I have been watching this thread intently and have not been able
to duplicate any of your issues.  I replied off-line to you Mitch asking for
more info from my hotmail account but didn't get a response.

Maybe these questions might help narrow down some of the issues.  If not,
please send me the Microsoft Component Plug-in file from MSO:Office: folder
and I can test with your version of the file. (fredke@hotmail.com)

1. Did you get the right language updater for your version of Office?

2. Have you run any file backup or restore software that may have slightly
modified any of the Office files?

3. What was your path to get to your current state - such as where did your
original Office come from and what versions did you update to after this?

4. Do you run with filevault or anything similar?

These will help narrow down why your version is not being recognized.

Thanks
Fred Kesler - Setup Test Engineer

This posting is proved as �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights.

0
fredke (2)
3/18/2006 10:02:23 PM
Mickey,

That was really helpful. Thanks. Here's what I found.

When I went to Entourage>Switch Identity, The only one available was
"Main": the empty one.

The MVPS link you posted contained instructions to look for the
Microsoft User Data Folder. I found two: one in the documents folder,
where it belonged, and another one buried several directories deep in
another folder in Documents. I found the old "Main" identity folder,
re-named it, and moved it to the new "Office 2004 Identities" folder.
Then when I opened Entourage and selected "Switch Identity", the
re-named Identity was available and I was able to make the switch.

Thanks for helping. You really pointed me in the right direction.

Jennifer  Bussell wrote:
> I installed "successfully" but now Word, Excel, and PowerPoint won't
> open - you may be better off waiting until that gets sorted out. Any
> advice is welcome.

We are having the same issue.  The update (according to the logs) was
applied correctly.
Now we are unable to launch WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT.  They simply
lock up upon launch.  "APPLICATION NOT RESPONDING" in the Finder
menu...and they have to be "Force Quit."

This is not a happy day.  We would really like to be able to use our
applications.

0
chris9236 (1)
3/18/2006 10:31:27 PM
On 3/17/06 2:47 AM, in article
1142592437.861338.209430@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "PhilD"
<phildeaves@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I installed the update successfully first time on two iBook G4s.  These
> only have Word, Excel and Powerpoint, so I cannot comment on any
> Entourage issues.
>
> Interestingly, the Excel version shows as 11.2.3, but Word as 11.2,
> though as Word seems to work OK I assume it updated as intended.

That's an error (bug) in the "About Word" window from Word menu. It was
reported too late to get fixed. But if you look in the Finder at the Word
application file, you'll see that the Finder knows it's version 11.2.3.

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP MacOffice

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Microsoft Office you are using -
**2004**, X  or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions
otherwise.

0
berkowit (221)
3/19/2006 4:35:28 AM
I responded to Fred's request for more information.

0
mitchcg (8)
3/19/2006 4:58:32 AM
On 3/18/06 2:31 PM, in article
1142721087.626643.191010@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "NWCMedia"
<chris@nwcmedia.com> wrote:

> Jennifer  Bussell wrote:
>> I installed "successfully" but now Word, Excel, and PowerPoint won't
>> open - you may be better off waiting until that gets sorted out. Any
>> advice is welcome.
>

> We are having the same issue.  The update (according to the logs) was
> applied correctly.
> Now we are unable to launch WORD, EXCEL or POWERPOINT.  They simply
> lock up upon launch.  "APPLICATION NOT RESPONDING" in the Finder
> menu...and they have to be "Force Quit."
>
> This is not a happy day.  We would really like to be able to use our
> applications.

Is it possible that you have another copy of Office on your machine either
the 2004 test drive in /Applications or another copy of Office from where
some shared files may be used from that were not updated?

Could you send me a copy of your update log file? - fredke@hotmail.com

Thanks
Fred Kesler - Setup Test Engineer

This posting is proved as �AS IS� with no warranties, and confers no rights.

0
fredke (2)
3/19/2006 10:45:29 AM
<mitchcg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Corentin,
>
> Since you're an MVP, are you able to point someone at MSFT to this
> thread so that perhaps we can generate a little interest from
> Microsoft?

They are reading the thread... (and one of them is answering in it).

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

Thanks!

Peter

On 3/18/06 4:14 PM, in article
1142720056.903437.255390@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com, "Pennsyltuckian"
<pennsyltuckian1960@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Mickey,
>
> That was really helpful. Thanks. Here's what I found.
>
> When I went to Entourage>Switch Identity, The only one available was
> "Main": the empty one.
>
> The MVPS link you posted contained instructions to look for the
> Microsoft User Data Folder. I found two: one in the documents folder,
> where it belonged, and another one buried several directories deep in
> another folder in Documents. I found the old "Main" identity folder,
> re-named it, and moved it to the new "Office 2004 Identities" folder.
> Then when I opened Entourage and selected "Switch Identity", the
> re-named Identity was available and I was able to make the switch.
>
> Thanks for helping. You really pointed me in the right direction.

tambroni (4)
3/25/2006 7:27:37 PM
In article <C04AF5C9.632A%tambroni@hotmail.com>,
 Peter Tambroni <tambroni@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having this same problem on my G4 Powerbook - 10.3.9... I tried this
> suggestion and it didn't work... Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peter
>

> On 3/18/06 4:14 PM, in article
> 1142720056.903437.255390@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com, "Pennsyltuckian"
> <pennsyltuckian1960@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Mickey,
> >
> > That was really helpful. Thanks. Here's what I found.
> >
> > When I went to Entourage>Switch Identity, The only one available was
> > "Main": the empty one.
> >
> > The MVPS link you posted contained instructions to look for the
> > Microsoft User Data Folder. I found two: one in the documents folder,
> > where it belonged, and another one buried several directories deep in
> > another folder in Documents. I found the old "Main" identity folder,
> > re-named it, and moved it to the new "Office 2004 Identities" folder.
> > Then when I opened Entourage and selected "Switch Identity", the
> > re-named Identity was available and I was able to make the switch.
> >
> > Thanks for helping. You really pointed me in the right direction.

Does Microsoft plan to release a more stable update?

I won't go near it as it is now.

labolide (127)
3/25/2006 8:37:19 PM
I have a duplicate problem to mitchcg on a 17inch G4 PB 1.67 with 1Gb
RAM running 10.4.5 (fully up to date) and Office 11.2.1 build 051004.
Previous Office updates have loaded with no problem on this machine. I
have also tried a couple of the relevant fixes offered elsewhere in
this thread without success. Therefore I can't add much new info I'm
afraid but perhaps a few more duplicate posts might indicate the extent
of the issue.
Ed

mitchcg@gmail.com wrote:
> I have tried to install this update two different ways and failed both
> times.
>
> First, I downloaded the Update (Office2004-1123UpdateEN.dmg) from the
> MSFT website and ran the installer. After authenticating as "root", the
> installer searched for programs to update. After searching for about 30
> seconds, I get an error dialog that reads: "The installer could not
> locate the correct version of the software required to install this
> update. See the Read Me file included with this installer to determine
> if your software meets the requirements for this update."
>
> Second, Microsoft AutoUpdate automatically downloaded the update and
> auto-launched the installer. I get the same error dialog.
>
> My copy of Office is currently 11.2.1. The Updater Log for that update
> reads as follows:
>
> > Sunday, October 23, 2005 1:46 PM  Beginning installation.
> > Office 2004 11.2.1 Update
> > Type of Install: Easy Install
> > Installed Macintosh HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Microsoft Entourage
> > Installed Macintosh HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Microsoft Component Plugin
> > Sunday, October 23, 2005 1:46 PM
> > The installation is complete.
>
> I verified that the path to the Microsoft Office applications (Word,
> Excel, etc.) is unchanged from the path indicated above (which the
> 11.2.1 Updater found just fine).
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions for why previous updates (11.2.0 and
> 11.2.1) would install without issue, but 11.2.3 won't?
>
> 1.5GHz PowerPC G4
> 12" LCD, 512 MB DDR SDRAM
> 25.45 GB free disk
> Mac OS 10.4.5
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
eglauser (2)
3/26/2006 10:48:56 PM
But this has repeatedly happened in the past, too with updates where
several components fail to get a new version # and the answer given is
that there was a mistake.  How hard can it to be to get that right,
especially as it's a known problem and one of the most common ones that
bugs consumers?

I'm right now trying to trouble-shoot an even different problem with
Excel 11.2.3... any new chart ends up as a blank white chart!!  Old
charts in older spreadsheets are fine, but within those, any new chart
ends up blank white!

Any ideas anyone?

0
stedman (7)
4/1/2006 12:17:49 AM
No new info for debug purposes but an indication that I also have the
issue.

Same problem as others have reported but on an iBook G3 (with 640MByte
memory). Both AutoUpdate and manually downloading then trying the
update fail with the message about it not being the correct version.

Tried totally removing Office 2004 and reloading from CD, then applying
the update -- same problem.

Ed wrote:
> I have a duplicate problem to mitchcg on a 17inch G4 PB 1.67 with 1Gb
> RAM running 10.4.5 (fully up to date) and Office 11.2.1 build 051004.
> Previous Office updates have loaded with no problem on this machine. I
> have also tried a couple of the relevant fixes offered elsewhere in
> this thread without success. Therefore I can't add much new info I'm
> afraid but perhaps a few more duplicate posts might indicate the extent
> of the issue.
> Ed

Interesting forum.

I responded to Fred directly with all the information he asked for,
including the config files from my computer. And despite my requests
for status, I've heard nothing since.

My conclusion is that this forum is useless and Microsoft doesn't
really support their own software. If you have problems, "screw you".

Sorry, Fred, if I offend. But it's been 3 weeks since I sent you the
info you requested and I've heard nothing from you since....

-mitch

Fred Kesler [MSFT] wrote:
> On 3/18/06 7:25 AM, in article
> 1142695516.980549.31900@e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com, "mitchcg@gmail.com"
> <mitchcg@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Corentin,
> >
> > Since you're an MVP, are you able to point someone at MSFT to this
> > thread so that perhaps we can generate a little interest from
> > Microsoft?
> >
> > That fact that 3 of 9 posts to this thread (not counting yours)
> > complain of exactly the same issue should be a tip that something's
> > wrong.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> Hi Folks, I have been watching this thread intently and have not been able
> to duplicate any of your issues.  I replied off-line to you Mitch asking =
for
> more info from my hotmail account but didn't get a response.
>
> Maybe these questions might help narrow down some of the issues.  If not,
> please send me the Microsoft Component Plug-in file from MSO:Office: fold=
er
> and I can test with your version of the file. (fredke@hotmail.com)
>
> 1. Did you get the right language updater for your version of Office?
>
> 2. Have you run any file backup or restore software that may have slightly
> modified any of the Office files?
>
> 3. What was your path to get to your current state - such as where did yo=
ur
> original Office come from and what versions did you update to after this?
>
> 4. Do you run with filevault or anything similar?
>
> These will help narrow down why your version is not being recognized.
>
> Thanks
> Fred Kesler - Setup Test Engineer
>
> This posting is proved as =B3AS IS=B2 with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.

0
mitchcg (8)
4/9/2006 2:42:24 AM
My apologies to Fred at MSFT for my rant. He has been unavailable for
personal reasons. He's since contaced me directly and we're back on
track trying to determine the root cause of the failures.

0
mitchcg (8)
4/12/2006 8:37:16 PM
In article <1144874236.243286.57390@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 mitchcg@gmail.com wrote:

> My apologies to Fred at MSFT for my rant. He has been unavailable for
> personal reasons. He's since contaced me directly and we're back on
> track trying to determine the root cause of the failures.

Good to know...
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
4/12/2006 9:57:51 PM
Thanks for the update and continuing efforts. Please contact me direct
if you want to cross-reference any possible root causes.

Edward

mitchcg@gmail.com wrote:
> My apologies to Fred at MSFT for my rant. He has been unavailable for
> personal reasons. He's since contaced me directly and we're back on
> track trying to determine the root cause of the failures.

0
eglauser (2)
4/14/2006 3:47:39 PM
RESOLUTION to this problem....

If you're still having trouble installing Office 11.2.3 Update, then
this hint from Microsoft is for you.

"While we haven't seen many instances of update problems with the
11.2.3 updater, isolated problems with prior updates are not unknown.
In each case, they were ultimately resolved by removing the existing
Office installation, doing a clean install and running the current
updater on the fresh install. Since each of the service packs is a
combined updater containing the earlier updates this had proven to be
the most efficient method of getting Office 2004 updated in cases where
a specific sequential update failed."

Just remember, if you've saved any templates to "My Templates", they're
located inside the "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2003/Templates/My
Templates" folder. You should retrieve them before you delete the old
installation of Microsoft Office.

To be safe, you may want to rename your original installation (e.g.,
Microsoft Office 200X) and StuffIt, then delete the original and
reinstall. That way, if something horrible happens, you have a fallback
installation.

0
mitchcg (8)
4/29/2006 3:50:57 PM
Doh!

I meant "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Templates/My
Templates"....

I've been spending too much time on the PC lately .... it's affecting
my brain.

0
mitchcg (8)
4/29/2006 3:54:04 PM
I've just hot this problem. So based on this advice, I backed the MS
office folder up on an external hard disk (but didn't change any
names), deleted the original then reinstalled from the original disk on
my main drive. I then applied the updater. It searched the main disk,
found nothing, then searched the external disk, found the copy and
updated it!

So I trashed the newer installation and copied the updated older
version back to the main HD.

Bizarre.

0
mhfoot (1)

How to manage all email by using CRM 3.0? 06-20-07
How to config CRM to receive all email from many different email account in many different email service provider as hotmail?I cant do it in CRM Email Router? @Rimbecano If you add the e-mail address to the account or to one of the contacts of the account, e-mails that come in will be linked to the account or contact. If the e-mail is linked to the contact and the contact is linked to the account the e-mails will also show up in the account activities view. @chaolex You can only track incoming and outgoing e-mails on the Exchange server. You can not connect to hotmail/yahoo/gmail etc. etc...

2 Exchange 2003 Servers
Exchange is only internal - no external (yet) I have two servers TOTAL - small company (35 users). They also function as file server. 1 of the DC - #1 has Exchange 2003 STD with SP2. I want to have the other DC #2 to be a backup Exchange Server (no accounts). My goal is to have this second Exchange Server just sitting there, and in the event of disaster of DC #1 / Exchange main, then I can restore backup / mailbox from DC #1 onto DC #2 /Standby Exchange. Question: --------- (1) Is this setup feasible or okay? Keep in mind, I can not cluster (not on DC), and I do not have budget...

Office installation error
My new PC came with Office trial version pre-loaded. I have since purchased Office Home & Student 2007. Before installing it, I uninstalled the trial version & the Assistant. In installing my new program, I got past entering my key and "Agree". It looked like installation was beginning. Then I got an "Error 1303: C:ProgramFiles(x86)\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\EQUATION Unable to access. Verify I have the EQUATION folder and that I have administrative rights and Retry." I have the folder on my computer and I am the Administrator. Still no go....

Office Web Component will be available in Office 2004?
Hi, I'd like to know if in Office 2004 will be available Office Web Component, an Office Tool which allows the opening, reading, writing in Safari or Internet Explorer. Thanks very much, Bye In article <BC344787.4D7F%NOSPAMPLEASE@NOSPAM.COM>, Microsoft User <NOSPAMPLEASE@NOSPAM.COM> wrote: > I'd like to know if in Office 2004 will be available Office Web Component, > an Office Tool which allows the opening, reading, writing in Safari or > Internet Explorer. nothing like that has been announced, and since the Windows OWC uses ActiveX, which isn't availa...

Debug Error #2
Hi All, Could anyone throw any light on the following:- I have a WIN XP home machine running Outlook 2000 for mail. I have set up 2 profiles one for me and one for my wife. When I first turn on the machine and go into oulook (either profile) everything works fine. Then I close Outlook and go back in on the 2nd profile and get the error box :- "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Error! Program C:\...........\OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination (Press Retry to debug the appliacation) Abort Retry Ignore" No matter what you choose the appliacation closes and then...

Business Portal 2.5, user cannot get requisitions assigned to him?
UserA created three requisitions and sumit them to his supervisor, UserB. In database table ReqMgmtDocument, I can find these three records and OriginatingName is UserA and CurrentAssigned is UserB. In Business Portal, UserB got in Employee -> Purchase Requests -> Filter by: Assigned to me, and got "Query returned no result". Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very much. stien ...

DST Update Issues
Hi, Has anyone had issues with the Outlook client functionality after installing the DST Patch? Most of our internal CRM users are receiving the following error msg: "An error occured loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact you system administrator if errors persist" Of course, no one can access the CRM toolbar or any laptop client functionality. This began after we applied the CRM DST updates... ...

Thanks Anne but..
Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm Thank for your help ;-) Hi DannyJ, Just out of curiosity - do you really have to start a new thread each time you are going to say something regarding thes topic? :-) Regards, KL "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eGc7AbYiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm > > Thank for your help ;-) > > ...

Outlook in Office XP crashing ten to twelve times a day
My out look is crashing every few hours. I have tried compacting, Detect and Repair in Outlook and repair installation from the install discs without outlook running as well as SCANPST on the outlook.pst file to no avail. Although I am not usually doing the same thing when it crashes (and sometimes it crashes while I am not even working in it) It especially seems to crash at the moment with a Fatal Exception Error while I am trying to insert a file in an e-mail I am trying to send. (Up until this morning this never presented problems before and it MAY just be a problem with this part...

ACT! 6.0 to CRM 3.0 using scribe
Hi All, Currently trying to migrate from ACT! 6.0 into the latest release of CRM. Everything has come across apart from email bodies and attachments. Has anyone sucessfully migrated email bodies using scribe into CRM? ACT! stores emails as files in a shared folder. The paths for these emails are being correctly picked up during the migration. The file names are being stored within the crm database. However when opening an email only the subject is displayed within the mail body. Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Kind Regards, Ryan Ryan, We have migrated just about any da...

Microsoft Money 2004 password problem
Hi I am having a problem with Microsoft Money 2004 - sorry if this is doubled up as my first attempt atposting a question didn't work. I have never set a password on my money file and it has recently started asking me for a password. I downloaded a password recovery program (even though I know i never set one) and it says that there is no password on the file. However, Money keeps asking for a password. I have reinstalled Money and downloaded the update but it still keeps asking for it. I cannot do a repair on my money file because Money needs the password before it can repair. ...

List of worksheets #2
Hello I'm wondering if it's possible to make a list of all worksheets using Excel functions only. Assuming the first worksheet is "TheList" I want to make, in that workbook, a list of all worksheets right from that worksheet using functions only? Is it possible? Thanks for any help. None that I know using Excel functions only. Usually VBA macro is employed to get a list of sheets. Private Sub ListSheets() Dim rng As Range Dim I As Integer Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = "TheList" Set rng = Range("A1") ...

2 values on 1 axis
have a small spreadshee with 3 columns - Commodity, Tonnage and Value. think a bar chart showing the Tonnage and Value for each Commodity would be best but am having trouble setting it up ... any suggestions / tricks?? Leo - You could make a line chart, using commodity as the X values (category labels) and the other columns for Y values. Double click one of the series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. If you want a column chart, there's more work required to keep one set of columns from overlapping the other. I have posted instructions here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/...

Office 2008 and Spaces?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anyone know when the issue with Spaces and Office 2008 will be fixed, please? The lack of information on this subject is depressing.... Seems like this issue has not been addressed with latest office update. Considering how major problems in usability this causes, I would expect this to be the top bug to be fixed. I have yet to see any of the bugs addressed by the updates, but "swooshing" me around my four spaces is Word doing to me every day. Thanks <Honza@officeformac.com> wrote: > Does anyo...

Force to use RichEdit 2.0
Hello, Can someone tell me how to force compiler to use RichEdit 2.0+ for unicode app? I used a CHARFORMAT struct with unicode, it turns out the CHARFORMAT is still map to CHARFORMATA because #define _RICHEDIT_VER 0x0100 is defined in AFXWIN.H. and in RichEdit.h, it has #ifndef _RICHEDIT_VER #define _RICHEDIT_VER 0x0210 #endif Thus, RichEdit1.0 is used really. I tried to redef _RICHEDIT_VER to 0x0210, but it causes other problem. I would like to have rich edit to be able to display Asian characters. What is the proper way to make use of RichEdit2.0+? Please help. Thanks, XL Hello You...

[ANN] New and Updated Scripts
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144512279_12329117 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The following new and updated freeware AppleScripts for Entourage are available at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Other Signature X 1.0.0 This script, when attached to a repeating schedule, will automatically change the signature of a new outgoing message to a non-default signature for specified recip...

Default client #2
I want to make Outlook my default mail client. In tools, options, other, the box to check to make Outlook the default client doesn't appear. How do I make this show up and put it in play ? Much obliged. It's actually easier to do this: Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab. Use the drop down there to set the default mail client to Outlook. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Dan" <dan.dunn@rihmkenworth.com> ...

3-D Chart background picture prints only partly
Hi, I have a problem in printing Chart with background picture: The Chart type is Clustered Column with a 3-D visual effect. I right-click the background and choose Format walls - Fill effects - Picture - Select Picture. I choose a .jpg picture. Format = Stretch. Apply to Sides, Front and End. The picture shows beautifully and prints fine on a black- and-white printer. But printing to a color printer (HP DeskJet or Color LaserJet) only prints 1/9:th of the picture starting from the upper left corner and stretching it to cover all the chart background. Print Preview shows the pictu...

Office 2008: Interface elements vanish if Leopard language is not
I have found a very disappointing bug in Leopard/Office 2008. If your interface language in Leopard is Russian (for example) - you have interface elements vanishing in Office 2008 which makes it unusable. In other words - if I open anything in Word and start to resize the document window - interface elements start to disappear. This happens only if specific languages of Mac OS interface are chosen, like Russian or Polish. However, if you set it to English or French or German - it works glitch-free fine. (What's that, some sophisticated ex-communist bloc ban??) Please suggest. Sup...

email list #2
Using Outlook 2003, is there a way to create an email group list directly from an Excel spreadsheet? I need to be able to do this each month for an organization as the email addresses are updated. This list has about 500 members. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pam Use the spreadsheet as the data source for a Word mail merge to email messages. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Pam" <pl@ix.netcom.com> wrote...

Outlook 2003 in Terminal Services #2
Hi, We have a central server that users access via Terminal Services. One of the applications used is Outlook 2003. Now, the problem is when I write an email and check for spelling (F7) spell check works fine. If I try to send with auto spell check, I get the following... ------------------------------------------------------------------- The spelling check was unsuccesful. Do you want to send anyway? ------------------------------------------------------------------- This happens if Microsoft Word is selected to edit email messages. Any ideas anyone please? Thanks Nicholas ...

Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 ..Online transfer does not work
There does not seem to be a way to set up online transfer of the accounting file to and from the accountant. Office live does not support this feature. Why do they show it in the help file? After creating the office live account and try to transfer the data I get a message "this office live service is not availible from the current windows live ID account". ...

Office 2000/XP
We are looking for the functionality that was once in Office 97/98. That was the While You Were Out form. Alot of clients love the form, but unfortunately the later Office 2000/XP doesn't have the form. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks Steven Babcock Senior Network Engineer In The Black, Inc You should be able to use the same 97/98 form in later versions of Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b3901c3928d$7...

TOOLBAR #2
When I open a new spreadsheet, there exists a toolbar at the top of the spreadsheet. Is it possible to save the spreadsheet with its toolbar saved, or, ......does the SAME toolbar stay open and remain the sames for all EXCEL spreadsheets running at the time? In other words, is the toolbar part of the saved spreadsheet, or not? Thanks, Larry The toolbars are NOT part of a spreadsheet, nor is it part of a workbook. There is one toolbars file (.xlb) that hold all of your toolbars and it is updated every time you close Excel. The content of the clipboard has nothing to do with t...

Portfolio Review #2
I have a line in my portfolio review (MM2004) that show me my portfolio performance YTD and last 12 months. Up until recently it used to show the DOW, NASDAQ, and S & P performance underneath. Does anyone know what I might have done to remove this? and how to get it back? Thanks, DJ ...