[ANN] Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 2 (12.2.0) available for download

The Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.0 SP2(SP2) Update is a combo updater. It
includes all the updaters since 12.1.0 (SP1). You can download the combo
from Mactopia or via the AutoUpdater (under Help in the Menu bar).

This updater does not include Exchange Web Services (EWS). Users that have
the EWS beta installed should not use this updater. EWS and Office for Mac
SP2 are independent development efforts and their release dates are not
linked. Expect more announcements in the coming weeks.

Continue reading for more info:

<http://tinyurl.com/mma5ux>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Follow us on twitter <https://twitter.com/entouragehelp>

In article <C68A2417.1FBBB%EntourageHelp@gmail.com>,
 Diane Ross <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.0 SP2(SP2) Update is a combo updater. It
> includes all the updaters since 12.1.0 (SP1). You can download the combo
> from Mactopia or via the AutoUpdater (under Help in the Menu bar).
>
> This updater does not include Exchange Web Services (EWS). Users that have
> the EWS beta installed should not use this updater. EWS and Office for Mac
> SP2 are independent development efforts and their release dates are not
> linked. Expect more announcements in the coming weeks.
>
> Continue reading for more info:
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/mma5ux>

Diane,

I have the new 12.2.0 installed and have no issues.

I do have one question if I ever have to reinstall Office 2008 again.
My 2008 disc installs a12.0.0 and the last time I had to do a reinstall,
the updater did an update to something like 12.0.1 then I ran the combo.

The reason for asking is there any reason to save the old updaters
or will the new Office2008-1220UpdateEN.dmg do it all?

Office2008-1219UpdateEN.dmg  <---- can this be trashed?
Office2008-1220UpdateEN.dmg
0
arkayREMOVE (118)
7/20/2009 9:19:53 PM
On 7/20/09 2:19 PM, in article
arkayREMOVE-93B805.16195320072009@nothing.attdns.com, "aRKay"
<arkayREMOVE@qsl.net> wrote:

> I do have one question if I ever have to reinstall Office 2008 again.
> My 2008 disc installs a12.0.0 and the last time I had to do a reinstall,
> the updater did an update to something like 12.0.1 then I ran the combo.
>
> The reason for asking is there any reason to save the old updaters
> or will the new Office2008-1220UpdateEN.dmg do it all?
>
> Office2008-1219UpdateEN.dmg  <---- can this be trashed?

Yes
> Office2008-1220UpdateEN.dmg

With the original DVDs you only need these updaters.

12.1.0 <---this one you will always need
12.2.0

All recent updates have been issued using 12.1.0 as the base. Currently the
shipping DVDs come with 12.1.0.

Hope this helps!

--
Diane

In article <C68A526F.1FC6E%EntourageHelp@gmail.com>,
 Diane Ross <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/20/09 2:19 PM, in article
> arkayREMOVE-93B805.16195320072009@nothing.attdns.com, "aRKay"
> <arkayREMOVE@qsl.net> wrote:
>
> > I do have one question if I ever have to reinstall Office 2008 again.
> > My 2008 disc installs a12.0.0 and the last time I had to do a reinstall,
> > the updater did an update to something like 12.0.1 then I ran the combo.
> >
> > The reason for asking is there any reason to save the old updaters
> > or will the new Office2008-1220UpdateEN.dmg do it all?
> >
> > Office2008-1219UpdateEN.dmg  <---- can this be trashed?
>
> Yes
> > Office2008-1220UpdateEN.dmg
>
> With the original DVDs you only need these updaters.
>
> 12.1.0 <---this one you will always need
> 12.2.0
>
> All recent updates have been issued using 12.1.0 as the base. Currently the
> shipping DVDs come with 12.1.0.
>
> Hope this helps!

Thanks......just wanted to check before trashing the old updates.   I
don't have a 12.1.0 update.  The last time I had to re-install my disk
put on 12.0.0 and the first time I tried to launch it. the updater jumped
in and moved it to 12.1.0.  Hopefully, I will not have to do it again.

The new 12.2.0 has been working great

Thank
0
arkayREMOVE (118)

unistall microsoft 2007
I previously tried to install microsoft office 2007 but my computer was too slow so i turned it off to try and reinstall but it keeps telling me that the program is already in process of installing. How do i uninstall that previous program so that i can start over. When i check in my add/remove programs office 2007 is not there or i do not know the name of the file that is already installed See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledg...

Counting words #2
Hi I have a column with different words for a budget like car, tv, etc. There are a lot of them and in some cases there are repeats. Is there any way to count the number of unique words, without counting repeated words? Thanks a lot for you help. Hi use =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20<>"")/(COUNTIF(A1:A20,A1:A20)+(A1:A20= ""))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff wrote: > Hi > > I have a column with different words for a budget like car, tv, etc. > There are a lot of them and in some cases there are repeats. > Is there any way to count the numbe...

MTA service stops NIGHTLY..... HELP!!!!
My MTA service is shutting down every night at around 10PM, and it seeimngly corelates to the following error: ___________________________________________________________ The MTA is terminating because the disk where MTADATA is located has less than 10MB of space, or an error occurred while trying to check for free space on the disk. If disk space is low, free up some disk space and restart the MTA. NT Error code returned: 0 (non-zero indicates an error while checking for free space) [BASE IL TIMER 3] (16) ___________________________________________________________ This is on a 5.5 Serve...

Installing CRM 4.0 Outlook client error "client found response con
Hello, I'm trying to configure CRM 4.0 for outlook with offline and I keep getting this error after I put in my URL. "Client found response contet type of 'text/html', but expected 'text/xml' The request failed with the error message: 500- Internal server error "There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it can't be displayed" Searching on the web it appears it's either SOAP related or report server related. My report server works well inside and outside of the domain, it appears that I may need to update something, any ...

Microsoft Access Query Links
Is there a relatively easy way to link to objects within an access database. I am particularly interested in making notes on parts of my access database and being able to jump to that part of the database if needed. I can only seem to get a link to the database file but not within the database to the actual query or report. UCDmike wrote: > Is there a relatively easy way to link to objects within an access > database. NO, there are no such tools for Access. > I am particularly interested in making notes on parts of my > access database and being able to jump ...

ACT! 6.0 to CRM 3.0 using scribe
Hi All, Currently trying to migrate from ACT! 6.0 into the latest release of CRM. Everything has come across apart from email bodies and attachments. Has anyone sucessfully migrated email bodies using scribe into CRM? ACT! stores emails as files in a shared folder. The paths for these emails are being correctly picked up during the migration. The file names are being stored within the crm database. However when opening an email only the subject is displayed within the mail body. Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Kind Regards, Ryan Ryan, We have migrated just about any da...

Microsoft Money 2004 password problem
Hi I am having a problem with Microsoft Money 2004 - sorry if this is doubled up as my first attempt atposting a question didn't work. I have never set a password on my money file and it has recently started asking me for a password. I downloaded a password recovery program (even though I know i never set one) and it says that there is no password on the file. However, Money keeps asking for a password. I have reinstalled Money and downloaded the update but it still keeps asking for it. I cannot do a repair on my money file because Money needs the password before it can repair. ...

List of worksheets #2
Hello I'm wondering if it's possible to make a list of all worksheets using Excel functions only. Assuming the first worksheet is "TheList" I want to make, in that workbook, a list of all worksheets right from that worksheet using functions only? Is it possible? Thanks for any help. None that I know using Excel functions only. Usually VBA macro is employed to get a list of sheets. Private Sub ListSheets() Dim rng As Range Dim I As Integer Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = "TheList" Set rng = Range("A1") ...

upgrading crystal reports to reporting services
are there any tools for upgrading crystal reports to reporting services? is the new crm 3.0 reporting section based on Web Services as the crystal reports were? or is it based on direct queries to the database? In MSCRM 3.0, you can use many format or report. Beside Reporting Service (RS), you can use Crystal Report (CR) and Excel So why you should upgrade to reporting service. As long as I knew, there are no application that can upgrade from CR to RS. Regards, Frans Cahyadi "Javier G" <Javier G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82C16D17-1D1A-4674-A5D3-71...

'Exchange' service account
I've taken over an Exchange 2000 system that was setup by a consultant a while back and I am administering it now. I see here an account named 'exchange' member of domain admins and also member of "Exchange Services" group. We are now in native mode. This "exchange" account has a mailbox associated with it. For security purposes, is there any need to have this "exchange" account as member of domain admins ? If so, does that need to have a mailbox associated with it ? This account is not a default Exchange account so I would not like to say if its...

2 values on 1 axis
have a small spreadshee with 3 columns - Commodity, Tonnage and Value. think a bar chart showing the Tonnage and Value for each Commodity would be best but am having trouble setting it up ... any suggestions / tricks?? Leo - You could make a line chart, using commodity as the X values (category labels) and the other columns for Y values. Double click one of the series, and on the Axis tab, select Secondary. If you want a column chart, there's more work required to keep one set of columns from overlapping the other. I have posted instructions here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/...

Office 2008 and Spaces?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does anyone know when the issue with Spaces and Office 2008 will be fixed, please? The lack of information on this subject is depressing.... Seems like this issue has not been addressed with latest office update. Considering how major problems in usability this causes, I would expect this to be the top bug to be fixed. I have yet to see any of the bugs addressed by the updates, but "swooshing" me around my four spaces is Word doing to me every day. Thanks <Honza@officeformac.com> wrote: > Does anyo...

Debug Error #2
Hi All, Could anyone throw any light on the following:- I have a WIN XP home machine running Outlook 2000 for mail. I have set up 2 profiles one for me and one for my wife. When I first turn on the machine and go into oulook (either profile) everything works fine. Then I close Outlook and go back in on the 2nd profile and get the error box :- "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Error! Program C:\...........\OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination (Press Retry to debug the appliacation) Abort Retry Ignore" No matter what you choose the appliacation closes and then...

Business Portal 2.5, user cannot get requisitions assigned to him?
UserA created three requisitions and sumit them to his supervisor, UserB. In database table ReqMgmtDocument, I can find these three records and OriginatingName is UserA and CurrentAssigned is UserB. In Business Portal, UserB got in Employee -> Purchase Requests -> Filter by: Assigned to me, and got "Query returned no result". Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very much. stien ...

Thanks Anne but..
Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm Thank for your help ;-) Hi DannyJ, Just out of curiosity - do you really have to start a new thread each time you are going to say something regarding thes topic? :-) Regards, KL "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eGc7AbYiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm > > Thank for your help ;-) > > ...

Microsoft outlook open
When I try to open Outlook (Office 2007)(via start menu) I get a dialog box saying 'cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open Outlook window'. I do not get a program restore option when I try to use 'Microsoft office tools" as I don't get the 'application recovery' option showing. Thanks Ian Did Outlook ever open? Can you open it using the command line option - start->run->outlook.exe /safe? Note the space after the .exe and before the / -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

Office 2000/XP
We are looking for the functionality that was once in Office 97/98. That was the While You Were Out form. Alot of clients love the form, but unfortunately the later Office 2000/XP doesn't have the form. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks Steven Babcock Senior Network Engineer In The Black, Inc You should be able to use the same 97/98 form in later versions of Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0b3901c3928d$7...

TOOLBAR #2
When I open a new spreadsheet, there exists a toolbar at the top of the spreadsheet. Is it possible to save the spreadsheet with its toolbar saved, or, ......does the SAME toolbar stay open and remain the sames for all EXCEL spreadsheets running at the time? In other words, is the toolbar part of the saved spreadsheet, or not? Thanks, Larry The toolbars are NOT part of a spreadsheet, nor is it part of a workbook. There is one toolbars file (.xlb) that hold all of your toolbars and it is updated every time you close Excel. The content of the clipboard has nothing to do with t...

Portfolio Review #2
I have a line in my portfolio review (MM2004) that show me my portfolio performance YTD and last 12 months. Up until recently it used to show the DOW, NASDAQ, and S & P performance underneath. Does anyone know what I might have done to remove this? and how to get it back? Thanks, DJ ...

Office 2008: Interface elements vanish if Leopard language is not
I have found a very disappointing bug in Leopard/Office 2008. If your interface language in Leopard is Russian (for example) - you have interface elements vanishing in Office 2008 which makes it unusable. In other words - if I open anything in Word and start to resize the document window - interface elements start to disappear. This happens only if specific languages of Mac OS interface are chosen, like Russian or Polish. However, if you set it to English or French or German - it works glitch-free fine. (What's that, some sophisticated ex-communist bloc ban??) Please suggest. Sup...

Microsoft Direct Push Not Syncing All Folders
Dear All, I'm running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 - SP2, I have enabled Direct Push on the server & have enabled it on my AD account. I have a Dopod 838 Pro running Windows Mobile 5.0, I have successfully connected & have retrieved my inbox. The direct push is working great for sending/recieving, though even after I have done a manual Active Sync, I'm unable to retrieve any emails in any other folders apart from the inbox... This includes "sent items" & my "deleted items" Is there any further configuration I need to perform to get these folders to sy...

email list #2
Using Outlook 2003, is there a way to create an email group list directly from an Excel spreadsheet? I need to be able to do this each month for an organization as the email addresses are updated. This list has about 500 members. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pam Use the spreadsheet as the data source for a Word mail merge to email messages. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Pam" <pl@ix.netcom.com> wrote...

Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 ..Online transfer does not work
There does not seem to be a way to set up online transfer of the accounting file to and from the accountant. Office live does not support this feature. Why do they show it in the help file? After creating the office live account and try to transfer the data I get a message "this office live service is not availible from the current windows live ID account". ...

Outlook 2003 in Terminal Services #2
Hi, We have a central server that users access via Terminal Services. One of the applications used is Outlook 2003. Now, the problem is when I write an email and check for spelling (F7) spell check works fine. If I try to send with auto spell check, I get the following... ------------------------------------------------------------------- The spelling check was unsuccesful. Do you want to send anyway? ------------------------------------------------------------------- This happens if Microsoft Word is selected to edit email messages. Any ideas anyone please? Thanks Nicholas ...

Microsoft Money 2007 HB unable to open /Install
I am getting following massage" Unable to Initialize a requested Money components. Please Then, "Windows cannot find... checksku.exe.... install from original disk" I am not able to reinstall either... Any MVP!!! "green" wrote: > Any MVP , Any one !!! > > "green" wrote: > > > I am getting following massage" Unable to Initialize a requested Money > > components. Please > > > > Then, > > > > "Windows cannot find... checksku.exe.... install from original disk" > > > > I ...