[ANN] Microsoft Auto Update 1.1.2

        Hi all,

 Microsoft Auto Update 1.1.2 is out... time to run the updates :-))

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

It is? What does it fix?

/ Fredrik

Fredrik Wahlgren <fredrik.p.wahlgren@mailbox.swipnet.se> wrote:

> It is? What does it fix?

No idea...
THe web site says:

This update to Microsoft AutoUpdate for Office 2004 for Mac is part of
Microsoft's continued effort to provide the latest product updates to
customers.

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)
 "Fredrik Wahlgren" <fredrik.p.wahlgren@mailbox.swipnet.se> wrote:

> It is? What does it fix?

Not sure it fixes anything - it modifies the AutoUpdate application, and
as I read the description in the updater, is required for any further
auto-updates, whenever they occur.

That makes it sound kinda like a security-related update, but that's no
more than a SWAG.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/9/2004 10:20:03 PM
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:20:03 -0600, JE McGimpsey wrote
(in article <jemcgimpsey-01D845.15200309112004@msnews.microsoft.com>):

>> It is? What does it fix?
>
> Not sure it fixes anything - it modifies the AutoUpdate application, and
> as I read the description in the updater, is required for any further
> auto-updates, whenever they occur.

It does fix problems. The Office 2004 SR1 update didn't use to show up for
the French install. Now it does :-)) I've heard that other languages were
also *affected*.
The update might also have a few additional improvements that I don't know
of...

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
      http://www.mvps.org/         http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    MVPs are not MS employees... / Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS...
  Retirez NoSpam de mon adresse pour m'�crire / Remove NoSpam to e-mail me

0
korventeen (753)
11/10/2004 2:05:24 AM
In article <0001HW.BDB6D384000108C7F04076D0@news.microsoft.com>,
 Corentin Cras-M�neur <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:

> It does fix problems. The Office 2004 SR1 update didn't use to show
> up for the French install. Now it does :-)) I've heard that other
> languages were also *affected*.

Great news!

> The update might also have a few additional improvements that I don't
> know of...

Yeah, suppose it would kill MS to let us know...
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/10/2004 1:57:38 PM
JE McGimpsey <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

> Yeah, suppose it would kill MS to let us know...

I'm with you on this one :-(

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

unistall microsoft 2007
I previously tried to install microsoft office 2007 but my computer was too slow so i turned it off to try and reinstall but it keeps telling me that the program is already in process of installing. How do i uninstall that previous program so that i can start over. When i check in my add/remove programs office 2007 is not there or i do not know the name of the file that is already installed See if this helps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledg...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for someone@internal.com
L.s. I've got one e-mail domain and a local domain: e.g. internal.com and internal.local Ofcourse these domains are stated in the recipient policy, but messages sent to the internal.com domain are rejected with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for someone@internal.com". I just can't seem to put my finger on it..... Anyone out there who is able to help me? Why are you doing that? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dennis Schoone" <Dennis Schoone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAA6632...

Counting words #2
Hi I have a column with different words for a budget like car, tv, etc. There are a lot of them and in some cases there are repeats. Is there any way to count the number of unique words, without counting repeated words? Thanks a lot for you help. Hi use =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20<>"")/(COUNTIF(A1:A20,A1:A20)+(A1:A20= ""))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff wrote: > Hi > > I have a column with different words for a budget like car, tv, etc. > There are a lot of them and in some cases there are repeats. > Is there any way to count the numbe...

Microsoft Access Query Links
Is there a relatively easy way to link to objects within an access database. I am particularly interested in making notes on parts of my access database and being able to jump to that part of the database if needed. I can only seem to get a link to the database file but not within the database to the actual query or report. UCDmike wrote: > Is there a relatively easy way to link to objects within an access > database. NO, there are no such tools for Access. > I am particularly interested in making notes on parts of my > access database and being able to jump ...

Microsoft Money 2004 password problem
Hi I am having a problem with Microsoft Money 2004 - sorry if this is doubled up as my first attempt atposting a question didn't work. I have never set a password on my money file and it has recently started asking me for a password. I downloaded a password recovery program (even though I know i never set one) and it says that there is no password on the file. However, Money keeps asking for a password. I have reinstalled Money and downloaded the update but it still keeps asking for it. I cannot do a repair on my money file because Money needs the password before it can repair. ...

List of worksheets #2
Hello I'm wondering if it's possible to make a list of all worksheets using Excel functions only. Assuming the first worksheet is "TheList" I want to make, in that workbook, a list of all worksheets right from that worksheet using functions only? Is it possible? Thanks for any help. None that I know using Excel functions only. Usually VBA macro is employed to get a list of sheets. Private Sub ListSheets() Dim rng As Range Dim I As Integer Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = "TheList" Set rng = Range("A1") ...

Debug Error #2
Hi All, Could anyone throw any light on the following:- I have a WIN XP home machine running Outlook 2000 for mail. I have set up 2 profiles one for me and one for my wife. When I first turn on the machine and go into oulook (either profile) everything works fine. Then I close Outlook and go back in on the 2nd profile and get the error box :- "Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library Debug Error! Program C:\...........\OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination (Press Retry to debug the appliacation) Abort Retry Ignore" No matter what you choose the appliacation closes and then...

Business Portal 2.5, user cannot get requisitions assigned to him?
UserA created three requisitions and sumit them to his supervisor, UserB. In database table ReqMgmtDocument, I can find these three records and OriginatingName is UserA and CurrentAssigned is UserB. In Business Portal, UserB got in Employee -> Purchase Requests -> Filter by: Assigned to me, and got "Query returned no result". Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very much. stien ...

DST Update Issues
Hi, Has anyone had issues with the Outlook client functionality after installing the DST Patch? Most of our internal CRM users are receiving the following error msg: "An error occured loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact you system administrator if errors persist" Of course, no one can access the CRM toolbar or any laptop client functionality. This began after we applied the CRM DST updates... ...

Thanks Anne but..
Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm Thank for your help ;-) Hi DannyJ, Just out of curiosity - do you really have to start a new thread each time you are going to say something regarding thes topic? :-) Regards, KL "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eGc7AbYiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm > > Thank for your help ;-) > > ...

Microsoft Direct Push Not Syncing All Folders
Dear All, I'm running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 - SP2, I have enabled Direct Push on the server & have enabled it on my AD account. I have a Dopod 838 Pro running Windows Mobile 5.0, I have successfully connected & have retrieved my inbox. The direct push is working great for sending/recieving, though even after I have done a manual Active Sync, I'm unable to retrieve any emails in any other folders apart from the inbox... This includes "sent items" & my "deleted items" Is there any further configuration I need to perform to get these folders to sy...

email list #2
Using Outlook 2003, is there a way to create an email group list directly from an Excel spreadsheet? I need to be able to do this each month for an organization as the email addresses are updated. This list has about 500 members. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pam Use the spreadsheet as the data source for a Word mail merge to email messages. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Pam" <pl@ix.netcom.com> wrote...

Outlook 2003 in Terminal Services #2
Hi, We have a central server that users access via Terminal Services. One of the applications used is Outlook 2003. Now, the problem is when I write an email and check for spelling (F7) spell check works fine. If I try to send with auto spell check, I get the following... ------------------------------------------------------------------- The spelling check was unsuccesful. Do you want to send anyway? ------------------------------------------------------------------- This happens if Microsoft Word is selected to edit email messages. Any ideas anyone please? Thanks Nicholas ...

Microsoft Office Accounting 2009 ..Online transfer does not work
There does not seem to be a way to set up online transfer of the accounting file to and from the accountant. Office live does not support this feature. Why do they show it in the help file? After creating the office live account and try to transfer the data I get a message "this office live service is not availible from the current windows live ID account". ...

Microsoft Money 2007 HB unable to open /Install
I am getting following massage" Unable to Initialize a requested Money components. Please Then, "Windows cannot find... checksku.exe.... install from original disk" I am not able to reinstall either... Any MVP!!! "green" wrote: > Any MVP , Any one !!! > > "green" wrote: > > > I am getting following massage" Unable to Initialize a requested Money > > components. Please > > > > Then, > > > > "Windows cannot find... checksku.exe.... install from original disk" > > > > I ...

How can I make my chart update the new values from database?
My database gets a weekly, manual, update of statistics. I do not want to make a graph everytime it gets updated. My graph should update itself when I add in the new values. Can you help? That should be the default behaviour. Whenever you type a new value, it should be updated in the chart. Are you saying you don't want this? And wait? -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Ayesha Sohail" wrote: > My database gets a weekly, manual, update of statistics. I do not want to > make a graph everytime it gets updated. My graph should update its...

Microsoft outlook open
When I try to open Outlook (Office 2007)(via start menu) I get a dialog box saying 'cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open Outlook window'. I do not get a program restore option when I try to use 'Microsoft office tools" as I don't get the 'application recovery' option showing. Thanks Ian Did Outlook ever open? Can you open it using the command line option - start->run->outlook.exe /safe? Note the space after the .exe and before the / -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

Auto Populate
Hi, Could someone please explain in very basic terms of how to auto populate a field in a table. I would like to enter a user ID and the address, name ect comes up automatically. Many thanks CJ, Well, very basically, try using a combo (bound to the ID field) to select the ID. But, as a genereally accepted rule, don't re-capture all the other ancillary information, like Address, City, etc. Just "display" it on the form. Since you capture the ID, you can always rederive the ancillary information "on the fly" in any subsequent form, que...

Force to use RichEdit 2.0
Hello, Can someone tell me how to force compiler to use RichEdit 2.0+ for unicode app? I used a CHARFORMAT struct with unicode, it turns out the CHARFORMAT is still map to CHARFORMATA because #define _RICHEDIT_VER 0x0100 is defined in AFXWIN.H. and in RichEdit.h, it has #ifndef _RICHEDIT_VER #define _RICHEDIT_VER 0x0210 #endif Thus, RichEdit1.0 is used really. I tried to redef _RICHEDIT_VER to 0x0210, but it causes other problem. I would like to have rich edit to be able to display Asian characters. What is the proper way to make use of RichEdit2.0+? Please help. Thanks, XL Hello You...

[ANN] New and Updated Scripts
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144512279_12329117 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The following new and updated freeware AppleScripts for Entourage are available at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Other Signature X 1.0.0 This script, when attached to a repeating schedule, will automatically change the signature of a new outgoing message to a non-default signature for specified recip...

Default client #2
I want to make Outlook my default mail client. In tools, options, other, the box to check to make Outlook the default client doesn't appear. How do I make this show up and put it in play ? Much obliged. It's actually easier to do this: Open Internet Explorer. Go to Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab. Use the drop down there to set the default mail client to Outlook. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Dan" <dan.dunn@rihmkenworth.com> ...

repeat last step #2
PS also kinda buggered by the fact that each time i place the text chun in a cell the cell becomes huge rather than cut off by the nex cell...any cure for this -- alexshield ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alexshields's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1404 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26487 ...

M00
Hi, all When I update stock prices from the Internet, I get two messages: Component Update: The Internet, banking or brokerage server could not process the request. Please try your call later. (SMC) Money was unable to retrieve currency exchange rates for Euro... The stock prices seem to update correctly. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of these messages? Cheers - rick ...

Microsoft Promo