[ANN] Excel X security update

Hi All,

   A security update for Excel X was also released today:

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d
ownload/officex/ExcelX_Security_1017.xml&secid=5&ssid=17&flgnosysreq=Tru

Or at least:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx

Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

How to mail merge data into word from excel and link/produce chart
I want to create individual charts in mail merge documents using excel numerical data for several hundred assessment candidates. Is it possible? ...

Excel icon #4
Hi All, I recently installed office premium on my xp pro machine. I cannot see the excel "X" logo on the program menu. I can see for others like "W" for word, Key for aceess and clcok for outlook. but excel comes as blank. I can't even go in the property and change icon. I tried using cd again to repair but that did not solved the problem. This is really strange. All of the office programs are working fine. Can anyone help me here ? Thanks ...

Send To in Excel
Since upgrading to Windows and Office 2000 - when select Send To from Excel and Word, our Global Address list is not displayed. Asks to select Recipiants from Main Contacts or Shared Contacts only. This previously worked with NT and Office 97. Hi there, In Outlook 2000 what order are your Outlook Address Books set to appear, ie is the GAL even listed and if so can you move it to first and then give it a go? Katherine <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c0f01c3af7d$d0c9ba40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Since upgrading to Windows and Office 2000 - when select...

DST Update Issues
Hi, Has anyone had issues with the Outlook client functionality after installing the DST Patch? Most of our internal CRM users are receiving the following error msg: "An error occured loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact you system administrator if errors persist" Of course, no one can access the CRM toolbar or any laptop client functionality. This began after we applied the CRM DST updates... ...

Thanks Anne but..
Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm Thank for your help ;-) Hi DannyJ, Just out of curiosity - do you really have to start a new thread each time you are going to say something regarding thes topic? :-) Regards, KL "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eGc7AbYiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm > > Thank for your help ;-) > > ...

Vlookups in EXCEL
Have a workbook with vlookups, takes ages to load over a 33k dialup link, the workbook is only 300k. Does the each vlookup drag the data from the sheet and then drop it, there by causing a lot of data transfer??? OR Is the sheet loaded into memory and any vlookups work within memory?? vlookups look up data direct from a worksheet unless they are linked to an external workbook. Hope that helps Vince www.excelaid.com >-----Original Message----- >Have a workbook with vlookups, takes ages to load over a >33k dialup link, the workbook is only 300k. > >Does the each vlook...

Colors with EXCEL 2003
With Excel 2003 recently installed I can't see cells colors on LCD. The same with WORDRART colors. Is it a bug with this version Bernard, Try this KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320531 Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Bernard Deligny" <Bernard Deligny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1601066-D880-4F7D-B154-248A7AF74DE3@microsoft.com... > With Excel 2003 recently installed I can't see cells colors on LCD. The same >...

Deleting Files from within Excel
When I accidently click on delete with a file highlighted it deletes the file without prompting me for a confirmation. How can I get the confirmation back? "acjas" <acjas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D890D9-6EBE-4A8A-BEEE-A8B1C2CC5A86@microsoft.com... > When I accidently click on delete with a file highlighted it deletes the file > without prompting me for a confirmation. How can I get the confirmation back? Do you mean from the File -- Open dialog? Check your Recycle Bin Properties (Global tab) -- XP has a "Display delete confirmation dia...

sorting in excel #5
i have been working on a spread sheet of data for about 5 months. today i am trying to change some of the formating as update entries. in the past i would sort the data in this worksheet using the sort option under the data menu. Suddenly today the data menu only has the options, "Filter, Group and Outline, and Import External Data." The rest of the options have been ghosted and do not work. I tried copying and pasting into a new document. But as soon as i do that the document no longer has the option of sorting. Has some setting been changed? What do i do? Hi is your ...

[ANN] New and Updated Scripts
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144512279_12329117 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The following new and updated freeware AppleScripts for Entourage are available at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Other Signature X 1.0.0 This script, when attached to a repeating schedule, will automatically change the signature of a new outgoing message to a non-default signature for specified recip...

i need help retrieving an excel file from a floppy
I saved an excel file to a floppy that appears to be on the disk but cannot be retrieved. It may have been read only protected in its original location but does not appear to be read only now on the floppy. The error message indicates that it may be read only though. Help. Those 5 1/4" floppies can be tricky. Kidding, of course. Can you copy the file to your hard drive? It will be easier to work from the hard drive if you have to repair the file, for instance. ...

How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel d.
How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel document? I want to be able to distribute a monthly or weekly report in Excel to users and have it automatically update the date last modified in the footer each time I update the report. You need to do that with a Before_Print event macro. If you search the newsgroups from Google you will find lots of examples. On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:33:04 -0800, "Last modified date in footer" <Last modified date in footer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I enter the date last modified in the footer of an Excel doc...

problem with a link from excel to pdf
Hello I try to insert a link (insert -> hyperlink) in a cell but it doesn´t open, i try it in office 97 and in office 2k. Can anyone help me?. thanks in advance Maybe it's not excel. A few people complained that the Reader appeared and then disappeared. So make sure you have the latest version of the software: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=2713&fileID=2551 sgr wrote: > > Hello > I try to insert a link (insert -> hyperlink) in a cell but it doesn´t open, > i try it in office 97 and in office 2k. > Can anyone help me?. &g...

EXCEL #4
HOW DO I INCLUDE A COLUMN ON DOWNLOADS OR HOW CAN I EDIT THEM ...

need a macro which can combine 2 excel sheets data
I have an excel file with some data till row 50.(can be more or less) and another excel file with data till row 100 (can be more or less) what i want is that i get a macro which automatically adds the dat from second sheet below the data in sheet 1. the data in first file can end on row 50 or 60 or at any row thank u so much any ideas and i have to combine more 30 files like these into that first file -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point see http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "vikram >" <<...

Excel in Mobile 6 doesn't recognize .xlsx files
I'm new to use of Win Mobile 6. When I paste in a .xlsx file from Excel 2007 in my PC, using Windows Mobile Device Center on the PC, the file transfers into a directory on the PDA, but it isn't accessed by Excel Mobile 6. If I first convert the file to an Excel 97-2003 format, then paste it into PDA, Excel Mobile 6 opens it; however, the two files don't sinc with WMDC. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- yttrias yttrias <yttr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >I'm new to use of Win Mobile 6. When I paste in a .xlsx file from >Excel 2007 in my PC...

Excel instance used with "Export to Microsoft Excel" option in Internet Explorer
I use the "Export to Microsoft Excel" context menu frequently from Internet Explorer, but find two aspects of this option difficult, and was wondering if anyone has a way to get around these. When I use this option, it starts a new instance of Excel, even if I already have Excel running. If I use this option a second or subsequent time within one execution of IE, each time I use it it creates another instance. This means that if I right click on 5 different HTML tables and select this option, I get 5 different copies of Excel, each with only one created workbook with a worksheet w...

Different Secondary X Axis but same Y Axis
I am plotting 2 data sets with different X axes. I would like them to use the same Y axis, but the only way I can figure it out is if I use a primary and secondary Y axis of the same values. This causes me to make a few extra steps is the scaling of the 2 Y axes change...I have to manually go in and change it. My primary data series looks like this: A 10% B 35% C 16% D 44% My secondary data series looks like this 0 75% 1 75% I would like for the secondary data series to use the same Y axis % min/max and the primary. Any thoughts? -- Mutiny_92 You already ...

Excel 2007
Hi all - first post to this ng I've just had my first play with Excel 2007 and (while I appreciate things move on) I don't like the new ribbon interface. In particular it's irritating me that (having been an Excel user since 1994) I consider myself something of an expert - yet this new interface is actually slowing me down. I've heard (can't remember where now) that there's a way to put the old interface back (but you need to buy some 3rd party software to do this). Is this true? Is this the only way to do it? I just wondered if there was an update which inc...

Excel .xslx document conversion

how to do global replace in hyperlinks for entire excel document?
had file restored and hyperlinks point to resotre location instead of original location - is there a way to make the change to redirect to original location for all links? Hi AFAIK you'll need to use a macro for this, if you'ld like to type out a couple of examples of the new hyperlinnk references and the old hyperlink references we might be able to come up with something. Cheers JulieD "AKennedy" <AKennedy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA2C73D8-C467-45EB-A1A4-B9B2AC9DE166@microsoft.com... > had file restored and hyperlinks point to resot...

URGENT: Excel files renamed to HEX
For the last few days, some users are getting Excel files saved as a "random" extensionless HEX named file - e.g. 40120100 - and the original file name is lost. We have not been notified of any warnings or errors given to the end user. Users are running WindowsXPsp2, OfficeXPsp3. Server is Windows2003 server running DFS/FRS. Antivirus for both server and client is McAfee VirusScan 8 - engine 4400, dat 4460. Can't find anything in event logs. This error *may* have started when users DFS referral was directed from Server A to Server B. However, servers are both W2K3 with sa...

Excel Formulas #5
Hi All, I would like to do a Vlookup and a Hlookup simulteanously done. is it possible currently i am doing a Vlookup only, and i refrence the columns by doing something like $A$D,2,False.. I do not want to do this anymore. Is there any way So you want to pick out the correct column by matching on the header--and same thing for the correct row? Here's a formula stolen from Peo Sjoblom (and others): =INDEX(Table,MATCH(A1,INDEX(Table,,1),0),MATCH(B1,INDEX(Table,1,),0)) If you create a range name referring to your cross reference table (Insert|Name|Define) and call it Table, it'...

*123 to Excel
How can I convert old *.123 files to Excel? I do not have a new version of 123 or Quattro. Excel cant do it (only*.wk?). Any links to a utility ? Hi In Office 2000 You can open them using the openfile from the menu File Open then select type of file It worked fine for me Rex "Tsotsi" <anyone_at_all@anywhere_at_all.com> wrote in message news:35%Wc.21035$DG.964499@news20.bellglobal.com... > How can I convert old *.123 files to Excel? > I do not have a new version of 123 or Quattro. Excel cant do it (only*.wk?). > Any links to a utilit...

can you create a cash flow diagram in excel
can you create a cash flow diagram in excel ...