[ANN] Entourage Help Blog: Quick Time 7.5 update causes moment of panic

After applying the Quick Time 7.5 update to Entourage 2008, contacts seemed
to disappear.

Continue reading for details:

The Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

diane7495 (1195)

Query Help Please 02-15-08
Hi Everyone, Maybe someone can help me out. First let me thank every one in advance. I need to make a query to out put the following in table "A" I have a field "Distance" this field contains a range of numbers from 0 -100 I want my query to give me this output and assign each group a value I specifies in a new table (The make table and stuff like that I can do) lets say: Distance Assigned value 0-25 a 26-40 b 41-50 c 51-75 d 75-100 e I got a query to work that if I put <25 the data under 25 would be assign ...

Entourage 2008 to Exchange 2003

compiled on visual studio 2003 on windows XP, want to install on windows 7, error
Hello, I have a VB.Net program, which I wrote on my windows XP pc (all recent updates installed), and I created a setup project for installing the program. Now I want to install that program on windows 7, but there I get a message: .Net framework 3.5 needed. Unfortunately, the latest version of the .Net framework is installed on the windows 7 pc. Anyone has experience with this problem? Does anyone knows a solution? Thanks in advance. Steven I think that for most people including me is to run the Windows Update first when they have installed Windows 7. Somehow thi...

DST Update Issues
Hi, Has anyone had issues with the Outlook client functionality after installing the DST Patch? Most of our internal CRM users are receiving the following error msg: "An error occured loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact you system administrator if errors persist" Of course, no one can access the CRM toolbar or any laptop client functionality. This began after we applied the CRM DST updates... ...

Business Portal 2.5, user cannot get requisitions assigned to him?
UserA created three requisitions and sumit them to his supervisor, UserB. In database table ReqMgmtDocument, I can find these three records and OriginatingName is UserA and CurrentAssigned is UserB. In Business Portal, UserB got in Employee -> Purchase Requests -> Filter by: Assigned to me, and got "Query returned no result". Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thank you very much. stien ...

Thanks Anne but..
Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm Thank for your help ;-) Hi DannyJ, Just out of curiosity - do you really have to start a new thread each time you are going to say something regarding thes topic? :-) Regards, KL "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eGc7AbYiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm > > Thank for your help ;-) > > ...

connect computer not working with windows 7 Professional
I am trying to Join a Windows 7 machine to the domain, I receive an error - "Run the wizard to complete networking setup" with no wizard appearing, The "fix" is explained at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926505, but when I run the patch on the SBS 2003, I receive another error, "already installed". If it is installed, why doesn't the wizard run on the Windows 7 machine? Any help much appreciated! One additional Item, I am getting a warning (X) that to join the computer to the network I must be a ,ember of the local administrators group (wh...

Can anyone please help with this?
Hi all! I desparately need help with an Excel problem. Here's an example of what I'm trying to achive below: In Cell B2 I have a drop down list which contains names of our brokers. In Cell C2 I have a drop down list describing types of deals (values are C, A, X, or T) Once the user chooses the name and type of deal, they would press a button which would then take the values in B2 and C2 together and find matches in another sheet which contains 3 columns worth of data: Name, Type of Deal, and Deal Number (alphanumeric). There will never be 0 deal numbers or more than 8 answers for an...

IF FORMULA need help
Please, I am trying really hard to work this out, but still I couldn't come to result I want. This is the example (invoices - paid, not paid...) column A..................... column B...................... column C DUE DATE....................PAID ON........................COMMENT 10.11.05.....................07.11.05........................paid, on time 15.11.05.....................20.11.05........................paid, late 20.11.05...................(empty cell)......................not paid, late 04.12.05...................(empty cell)......................not paid, not late So, you...

combo box help #2
i am trying to find a way to resize a combo box depending on how man possible choices there are. for example, i have a combo box (cb#1 that allows me to select from a list of vendors. the drop down size o this box stays constant. then in the second combo box (cb#2) a list o materials is displayed. my problem is that not all vendors have th same number of materials. so if i select vendor A (who has materials) in cb#1, then i would like cb#2 to have a drop down lin amount of 3. then if i pick vendor B (who has 100-item long list) would need the drop down line amount to be 100. right no...

Entourage and E2k3 Native Mode
Any known issues? About to switch from Mixed to Native. Just want to make sure we won't mess up the macs. ...

How do I update a total on a subform after entry?
I have created a form for data entry as users will be doing a quality inspection and the form that has been created uses combo boxes for them to record if the items are correct or not. (Yes, No, NA). I used tabs to make it easier to view on the form as there were a ton of fields to complete. I had to use two tables to store the data, thus had to insert subforms to add all of the required fields to the tabs. My final tab of the form includes a summary of all of the items that are correct, and not correct by tab. (I have the yes and No responses translate into numbers). This summary t...

wokring with mulitple combo boxes. Need Help.
Today at work I was given a project to do and I sit my by desk an google for 3 hours and can't found a clue on how to set this up. An help will be deeply appreciated The easiest way for me to explain this is using automaker as a example Let say there are 3 auto makers Hond Nissa Toyot Each of them have different model car Honda: Accord, Civic, Pilo Nissan: Maxima, Altima, Pathfinde Toyota: Camry, Corolla, Landcruise What I want to do is when I select Honda from the first combo box, o the second combo box will only shows Accord, Civic and Pilot and s on for the Nissan and Toyota I'...

Win 7 And SBS 2008
Hello All I thought Win 7 would work with SBS 2008 seamlessly, OK, I was wrong. Not mention the Win 7 could not join the SBS 2008 domain using the http://connect method(You need to download the SBS2008 Rollup 3 to address issue or manually updated a XML file with supported OS... the fact is the RU3 is not directly updated through Update Service...you need to go to MS update category website to find...pain...) but also the Group Policy Preferences not working..anyone knows how to make it work??? I know XP and Vista you need to install Client Side Extension and XML thing to make it wo...

Entourage Address Book
How is it that there are addresses in my Entourage address book that I can not erase? they all have < at the beginning and > at the end. Also have a little blue dot in front instead of the icon that looks like a game piece. How can I erase these? Help! firehockey Those addresses are not part of the Address Book, but part of the Most Recently Used list. See this page on the Entourage Help Page for instructions on controlling the behavior of the list: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/glossary/mru.html> On 12/11/05 11:45 PM, in article 1134366359.096747.92410@z14g2000cwz.googlegr...

Disappearing email #7
Outlook 2003/Windows XP: Certain emails just disappear. Intetended recipient never receives it. I dont receive an "error" or "undeliverable" message back. The email is lost in cyberspace. Any clues? Not without more information. Crystal ball is cloudy. "mr_andy" <anonymous@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bca601c4895c$574eb8f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003/Windows XP: Certain emails just disappear. > Intetended recipient never receives it. I dont receive > an "error" or "undeliverable" message back. The email is >...

Entourage Connector... Outlook Connector
I use the Outlook Connector at work on my PC but would LOVE to have something like it in Entourage... Does anyone know of a product?? Thanks! Kyle On 3/13/10 8:39 PM, kyleu@q.com wrote: > I use the Outlook Connector at work on my PC but would LOVE to have > something like it in Entourage... Does anyone know of a product?? Do you mean for Hotmail? One does not exist for Entourage. The only supported method is to connect as a POP client. Hope this helps! -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entour...

How do I sort data by date excluding time
I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is the data sorts by time, even though the field is formatted to show date only, with the transaction type not sorting within the date because it shows up in the time order. How do I get rid of the time? If date/time column is A then you have to use an empty helper column filled with formula =INT(A2) and sort by it. -- Regards! Stefi „markd” ezt írta: > I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is > the data sorts by time, even though the field is for...

i need help retrieving an excel file from a floppy
I saved an excel file to a floppy that appears to be on the disk but cannot be retrieved. It may have been read only protected in its original location but does not appear to be read only now on the floppy. The error message indicates that it may be read only though. Help. Those 5 1/4" floppies can be tricky. Kidding, of course. Can you copy the file to your hard drive? It will be easier to work from the hard drive if you have to repair the file, for instance. ...

[ANN] New and Updated Scripts
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144512279_12329117 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The following new and updated freeware AppleScripts for Entourage are available at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Other Signature X 1.0.0 This script, when attached to a repeating schedule, will automatically change the signature of a new outgoing message to a non-default signature for specified recip...

Migrating existing Outlook data to Windows 7 (from XP)
I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a backup done under XP. How do I prevent Outlook from downloading all the emails again from my ISPs? Is there a registry setting that needs to be changed? I still have the XP installation so I can find the setting there if I know what to look for. Cheers, Martin And how did you restore the pst? "Martin" <sirraheelnitram@gmail.com> wrote in message news:02dd518e-adc6-460c-9c83-712a219e3f65@a6g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > I installed Office 2007 on Windows and then restored the .pst form a &...

Help with income/expenses

i need help regarding my e mail password as i forgot it
dear customer service i have foirget my password as well my secret question answer as well pls i need my pasword if u can help me out frm my problem my e mail address is honeyb@hotmail.com kindly send me at my alternate e mail address afia68@hotmail.com i wil be much oblidge..thanking u "afia ahmed" <afia ahmed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC246A4A-F912-4B66-8B43-BCBEA69D236B@microsoft.com... > dear customer service That's not here. This is a public community of peers (i.e., we're just users). If you want help from Microsoft, you'll h...

inserting a single address from entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do you insert a single address from entourage into a word document. <br> (not a mail merge issue) <br> When I select a name, it only puts the name and Unite States of AMerica in the address part. It is very frustrating to write letters and have to type in the address each time. This use to be a snap using Word and Outlook on a PC.. Any thoughts? Well, someone might have a better idea why you aren't getting the results you expect if you gave some description of how you're going abo...

How does the time interval work on a calendar view?
I'm trying to create a calendar view based on a custom list on a team services site. The list has a column to indicate if it should be displayed in the calendar view. The list also has a 'date' column which indicates the date that the item in the list is due. When I create a calendar view the only options I get for time interval are 'created' and 'modified'. So, when I create the calendar view all of the items that should be displayed show up on the same date (either the date I created or modified the item). I'd like the items to show up on th...