[ANN] Emails and Events Appear as a Folder With Subject.eml

We have had reports from Entourage 2008 Exchange users, that emails and
events are showing up as folders. The developer that is working on this
problem is not able to reproduce and suspects it might be database
corruption. He is asking for your help. If anyone that is experiencing this
problem can provide a database for testing, please contact me via the
comments. If you can't provide a database, please send in the answers to the
questions posted here:

Emails and Events Appear as a Folder With Subject.eml (The Entourage Help
Blog)
<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/10/emails_and_events_appear_as_a_folder
..html>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

(Note the office newsgroup has not been showing up for users that use a
newsreader. This problem happened around Sept 24. Your questions are not
being ignored. We just can't see them. Ask your questions using Entourage's
newsreader. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/support_options/subnews.html>)

0
diane7495 (1195)

Email forwarding #9
I have a user that sometimes doesn't get all his email because the sender doesn't spell the name quite right. Is their a way to setup under Exchange 2003 to have those emails forwarded to his correct email address when they come in ? if an email address is not exactly correct, it's not going to be delivered...there's no way to specify all "possible versions" of a user's address...if there are a few common ones, you can add those smtp addresses to his mailbox... "Jeffatsc" <Jeffatsc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B65502E-0254...

I get my mail in wrong folder
I have installed outlook and now when I´m loading my mails from the server I can see that they dont comes into the main in-folder. They are loaded to a separate folder with my mailadress-name. How do I change this? Presumably its an imap account? that being the case thats how it works "Fred Asp" <FredAsp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86D5CCF9-95BD-4A90-9B5E-AC1274597565@microsoft.com... >I have installed outlook and now when I�m loading my mails from the server >I > can see that they dont comes into the main in-folder. They are lo...

i keep getting four emails on one account
i keep getting four emails on one account i use blueyonder and have 3 accounts under the main so 4 in total and i`m getting 4 emails is this because its the same account and should i delete the 3 other accounts pete peteatspurs <peteatspurs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i keep getting four emails on one account > i use blueyonder and have 3 accounts under the main so 4 in total and > i`m getting 4 emails is this because its the same account and should > i delete the 3 other accounts No need to ask more than once. See the responses in your other thread. -- Brian T...

Outlook 2000 Opens System32 folder
Hi all When i try to open an xls attachment outlook 2000 opens me the System32 folder, this only happens with excel files, i can't save it neither. What can i do? Please help me :) Thanks in Advance! I would start by reloading Office - sounds like the path or program location has either been lost or moved. -- Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Andy" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:u%23R%23nrNXGHA.4988@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > When i try to open an xls attachment outlook 2000 opens...

Thanks Anne but..
Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm Thank for your help ;-) Hi DannyJ, Just out of curiosity - do you really have to start a new thread each time you are going to say something regarding thes topic? :-) Regards, KL "DannyJ" <youhavegottobekidding@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eGc7AbYiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Good suggestion but nope the cells are formatted hh:mm > > Thank for your help ;-) > > ...

Redirecting emails to another email account
Hi, Hi Aaron, I wanted to move emails from a specific email address to another email account. One of our users are receiving threatening emails. I want to move the emails from a certian sender to another account (keep as evidence) I have managed to create a rule in Outlook to forward the email from a specific external email account and then permintenly delete the original email. Can this be achieved at server level rather then ceate a rule in Outlook? PL3 There are two kinds of rules; server side and client side. Both are created through Outlook. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/...

emails in the CRM queue
Hello, I had eMails in my queue in CRM. I thought, there are only activitys... Runs there something wrong? In which cases are eMails in the queue? How can I set a status? greetings, Stefan ...

multiple email downloads
my outlook continues to down load messages previously downloaded and read.I have tried everything I know to stop this, including deleting message off server when it has been downloaded. Any help gratefully received. So, even deleted messages get re-downloaded? Have you checked the server mailbox with a web mail interface (possibly your ISP has one - many do now) "dixy" <q@easynet.co.uk> wrote in message news:dgr53f$5ui$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com... > my outlook continues to down load messages previously downloaded and > read.I have tried everything I...

Export all internet email addresses
What's a good way to export all my internet email addresses from Exchange 5.5? I have some accounts with 10+ addresses. See if the following article helps XADM: How to Export Multiple (Secondary) E-mail Addresses http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;153028 On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:50:33 -0800, "seti" <bad-address@yahoo.com> wrote: >What's a good way to export all my internet email addresses from Exchange >5.5? I have some accounts with 10+ addresses. > ...

No incoming email for owa user
Hello, I have a user who was receiving email using owa fine. Now he is no longer receiving any email. Outgoing appears to work OK. What suggestions do you all have? What logs should I look at? How can I tell if mail is queued up? The sender receives no NDR. thanks J That they are using OWA is not relevant to whether they 'receive' email. OWA is one method of accessing the content of their mailbox. As an admin, I would ask the user permission to look into their mailbox with Outlook MAPI and see if anything is there. Send them an email or two. Is he using some sort of restrict...

missing emails from pst
Hi, I had some severe hanging issue with xp, so i decided to format the comp. I saved everything from outlook 2007 using file->import\export->pst file, although outlook too hanged severly. I assume everything in outlook must have been saved (after importing i see contacts, calender, emails). The problem is that there are no emails for the year 2009 after I imported the pst file. I have alredy formated the comp, so i am totally confused now. I tried scanpst, and there is this log file that reads many lines, but really no idea of what it reads. Any ideas regarding where the emails a...

Cascading style sheets in CRM 3.0's email creator
When I cut/paste from design view in an html editor like Frontpage 2003 into CRM 3.0's email interface CRM picks up the text, pictures just fine, BUT it doesn't pick up the CSS....instead it just applies the default CRM 3.0 email font type/size. Is this just a limitation of CRM 3.0 since it does not actually have an integrated raw html editor? ...

Restrict email to one domain
Looking for a method to ONLY allow a single domain "microsoft.com" in my inbox. All else is moved to another folder. Any ideas? ...

eMail Notification
I would like to write a VB6 app to notify me when an eMail arrives. Specifically when an eMail with a Subject or Body contains certain text. I have an ISP and Hotmail account and either will do to generate the notification. I use windows Live for both of these but WL does not have a way to do an external notification built in to WL. I do use rules to move mail to folders and see nothing else to get outside of WL. Any suggestions on how to do something like this? On 20/05/2010 17:40, Bee wrote: > I would like to write a VB6 app to notify me when an eMail arrives. > Specif...

Outlook 2003 email and preview pane text size
Is there any way to control the size of text for people reading non-plain-text incoming email messages -- either through the reading pane or by opening the messages? Some text comes in so small people are having a terrible time reading it. Thanks! There is a setting in tools, options, mail format, font to force your settings to override stationery settings. you can also right click on the gray border of the reading pane and change the font size - it uses the size set in IE by default. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote ...

Email a hyperlink
We're trying to solve how to email hyperlinks. In other Windows programs (at other companies), I've been able to attach documents and in the "Insert" dropdown, specify "As a hyperlink"... Any ideas?? You can copy the address from the address bar and paste it into an email. You need to have your mail format set up for html (located in Tools --> Options) >-----Original Message----- >We're trying to solve how to email hyperlinks. > >In other Windows programs (at other companies), I've been >able to attach documents and in the &qu...

OL 2007 email problems
XP SP2, just installed Outlook 2007, upgrading from 2003. I configured my email account, test message indicates it's working. Despite checking the appropriate boxes to schedule it to seek new email every few minutes, it will only Send/Receive when I invoke that command, not on a schedule. How do I set it up to check automatically every, say, 1 minute? I tried all the options dialogue boxes, rebooted, etc. Despite all attempts, it only checks when I ask it to. I gather that some article in the Knowledge Base acknowledges a "problem" with this issue, but the fix I was to...

What is the file called which holds outlook express email?
I'm trying to migrate my old Win98/Outlook express email system to WinXP/Outlook. I don't know what the file is called which stores all the email I have saved over the last few years... >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to migrate my old Win98/Outlook express email >system to WinXP/Outlook. I don't know what the file is >called which stores all the email I have saved over the >last few years... >. > It will either be a xxx.pst or a xxx.ost. Do a search on your hard drive for *.pst and it will show you where your file is located. Corrine ...

emailing myself
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP This just started last week. When I "reply" to an email I have received, (not "reply all) I end up getting a copy of the email sent to myself. But this only happens in subfolders of my inbox, not the inbox itself. For example: I receive an email in my inbox -- I "reply" -- email gets sent to the original sender. If an incoming email is directed to a subfolder because of a rule, when I "reply" there is a copy of that reply email delivered to the same subfolder as the original email. Hope I'm explaining it clear...

Missing Deleted Items Folder
A very strange problem has occured on one of our users mailbox. Basically their deleted items box has disappeared. I've tried running the mailbox on multiple computers with different profiles but I still can't see the deleted items folder. We are running Exchange 2003 in a AD enviroment with Outlook 2003 SP1 on the desktop. No other user has been affected as far as I know. Any ideas? hmmm...have you tried running Outlook with the /reset folders switch? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Simon" <simonav124@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139846723.395450.119150@o13g2000cw...

Deleting email 11-20-09
Does anyone know how to set an option in Windows mail where the next unread message will NOT automatically display after you delete a previous message? I assume you are reading each message in its own window by double- clicking on it. If so, when done reading that message, close the window, then delete that message from the message list pane. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "carole" <carole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:B848A41D-9880-40B9-BEEE-0CC12A4CF5CD@micros...

Public Moderated Folder
We have an Exchange 2000 server and are using Outlook XP at the desktops. I have a public task list that is being moderated and the user wants to have a custom response message used instead of the standard response. In Exchange Server 5.5 there is a "send as" option that needed special attention but I haven't been able to locate that same service in Exchange 2000. Every time I try to put in the custom message I get an error "Unable to save the Moderated Folder Changes. The client was unable to successfully complete all of the requested operations." ...

Sending Email From Exchange server 2000
Hi , My mail server is behind the router So I forward Port no 25 and Port no 110 for SMTP and POP3 (TCP and UDP port) but Now i can receive email form outside like yahoo/hotmail but i can not send email thru my mail server .If you can send me some solution regarding this tht will be great.. Biswajit De biswajit_de@hotmail.com Hello Biswajit, Thank you for your post. Unfortunately I will need a little more information: 1. Can you browse the internet from this box? 2. What happens when you try to send email? 3. What version of Exchange is this? Let me know, and I will see if I can reso...

email is not recieving
Exchange 2000 our client is able to send emails,but they cannot recieve incomming emails. I can see items in the mailbox store/mailboxes but non of them are getting to the users outlook.... This occurance happend since the person who built their server did not lock down their exchange and they were flooded with outgoing emails and virus's... we locked down the exchange server and removed the virus... Can you please give me a direction? they have not been able to recieve emails since early this morning. Deborah Owner ACE Computer Guy Hello Deborah. Your problem may have somethign to d...

Outlook 2000 prints 100+ pages for one email
I've recently run into a situation where a user with a brand new computer, win2k sp4 installed with Office 2000, tries to print an email in Outlook, but 100+ pages get sent to the printer. Each page appears to print the From: field on the page and that's it (I didn't wait for the whole 100 pages). This is not specific to any one email, and those that I've seen are text only emails. I've tried the MS KB, and searched google groups, but haven't found anything. Any ideas? Thanks- Brian I posted this a few days ago, but no replies, surely someone must have experienced...