word processing

Version: 2008

When processing a document in APA format I have to have a custom cover letter/title page for the document and I have to number it with the roman numeral "i".  For the remainder of the document I have to number, starting a "1" again, using regular numbers.  How do I do this?
0
Tanistanismk2000

Add a section break where you want to change the format of the page
numbering.

Set the footer so it is NOT "Link to previous"

Then add the page numbers for the front section and specify lower-case
Roman, and add page numbers for the remaining sections and set them to
Arabic.

Cheers

On 3/02/10 4:59 PM, in article 59bb227c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Tanistanismk2000@yahoo.ca@officeformac.com"
<Tanistanismk2000@yahoo.ca@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 When processing a document in APA format I have to have a custom
> cover letter/title page for the document and I have to number it with the
> roman numeral "i".  For the remainder of the document I have to number,
> starting a "1" again, using regular numbers.  How do I do this?

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
2/3/2010 11:31:15 AM
At the end of the title page content you'll need a Next Page Section Break
[Insert> Break - Section Break (Next Page)]. You can then vary the page
number formatting in Section 2 from that used in Section 1. This will,
however, carry any other Header/Footer content from one Section to the next.

If you want the Section 1 Header/Footer content to be different in any other
way, clear the check for "Link to Previous" in the Formatting Palette's
Header & Footer group while in the Section 2 H/F. You can then edit each
Section H/F independently of the other.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/3/10 12:59 AM, in article 59bb227c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Tanistanismk2000@yahoo.ca@officeformac.com"
<Tanistanismk2000@yahoo.ca@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 When processing a document in APA format I have to have a custom
> cover letter/title page for the document and I have to number it with the
> roman numeral "i".  For the remainder of the document I have to number,
> starting a "1" again, using regular numbers.  How do I do this?

0
CyberTaz

Printing WORD docs from a form

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...

microsoft word
is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has an example at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord It's a way of copying comments in a worksheet to a word document. But you can see the structure nicely. head wrote: > > is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Word conversion
I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste t Excel, all the items are in one cell. Is there a way to paste the item into Excel into different columns? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use Data | Text to Columns | Delimited and choose a space as the delimiter. Just follow the dialogue. Regards Trevor "mrroboto >" <<mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste to > Excel, all the ite...

Use Word 2007 to edit Outlook 2003?
I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would like to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's Tools/Options/Mail Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option for Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003. Is there a way to use Word as my email editor? Thanks, tfall No. Version must match. It has been ever thus. -- Russ Valentine "tfall" <tfall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58F9CAE-086B-4B7...

Microsoft Word Question
Hi all, I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone could tell me which group I should post in? On my desktop Computer with Microsoft XP Home, I have the Microsoft Office 2007 suite, In word 2007 from it, I cannot find how to "select all" as I used to be able to do in earlier Word versions. Would anyone be able to help please? Mick Cant. "Mick Cant" <mrcycleuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:JfqdnRfHApyrTBDUnZ2dnUVZ8tqdnZ2d@brightview.com... > Hi all, > I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone cou...

Word 2007 error 01-13-10
We hvae offfcie 2007 professional installed, user's getting the following erro when launch word 2007, If I re-create the windows user profile it works fine. Is any easire workaround for this. Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error '429'; ActiveX component can't create object This is usually the result of a broken add-in or a corrupted Normal.dotm template -- see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828550 for background. First, with Word closed down, go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates and rename Normal.dotm to OldNormal.dotm. Restart Word, which will create a new...

Pasting an excel worksheet into word
How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a Word file? Hi one workaround: - copy the data in Excel - insert the data as PICTURE within MS Word ('Edit - Paste Special') - use the 'Draw' toolbar to rotate this picture Note: The data is not updated within this picture if you change the Excel file. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rix wrote: > How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a > Word file? Frank When I do this the rotate buttons are greyed out and I can't use them. Hi I just tried it (with Excel...

Process Monitor
It appears that my Process Monitor is jammed up with a Receivable Aged Trial Balance Report. It doesn't give me the option to Remove it, only Suspend it and the user still can't exit. Any advise on ending the process? That happens to us periodically, too...the only way I know to get out is to Ctrl-Alt-Del, go to the Task Manager, and to end the Microsoft Dynamics GP task. Obviously, you should only do this if a report is running (NEVER any kind of update), and you need to be careful you only cancel the GP session. Then, when you log back in, Dynamics will say the user is already...

dots appearing between all words in Word 2003
All of a sudden, dots are appearing between all words in Word 2003. What have I done ??? -- Yvonne J You have turned on Word's hidden formatting characters. Press the � button or CTRL+SHIFT+8 to toggle the display. If that doesn't work, it is possible that Word has corrupted its data key where the formatting setting preferences are stored. Check Tools > Options > View > Formatting marks and ensure that all the boxes are unchecked. If the setting changes back then delete the Word data key in the registry and allow Word to build a new one. Even this may not t...

Adding comments to Word documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When editing a document in Word for Mac, how do you add &quot;Comments&quot; that show as mark ups for other readers of the document. This function is found in the &quot;Review&quot; tab of Word on PCs. <br> Thanks One option: Insert> Comment But see Word Help on the subject: Insert a comment HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/28/10 7:57 PM, in article 59bb61ea.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Elliot_ta@officeformac.com" <Elliot_ta@officeformac.com&...