Word error messages

List members:

    I work on an Intel Mac running OS 10.3.6 Regrettably I recently
let a third-party software tech support person talk me into removing
and then reinstalling MS Office 2008.
    I now regularly get two error messages with manual document saves
and with Autorecover saves:
    1) "Word cannot save or create this file.  The disk may be full or
write-protected. Try one of the following: Free more memory. Make sure
that the disk you want to save the file on is not full, write-
protected, or damaged."
    2) "Word is unable to save the Autorecover file in the location
you have specified, Make sure that you have specified a valid location
for Autorecover files in Preferences, and that you have permission to
write files to the location you specified."
    I would appreciate advice on this problem. I actually called
Microsoft about it; apparently received less-than-correct answers.
Thank you in advance.

     - Mark Pavlick
0
Mark

List members:

    Apologies. I called MS back. They had me trash all MS Office
preferences. This fixed everything. Thank you.

     - Mark Pavlick

On Apr 22, 10:27=A0pm, Mark Pavlick <m...@igc.org> wrote:
> List members:
>
> =A0 =A0 I work on an Intel Mac running OS 10.3.6 Regrettably I recently
> let a third-party software tech support person talk me into removing
> and then reinstalling MS Office 2008.
> =A0 =A0 I now regularly get two error messages with manual document saves
> and with Autorecover saves:
> =A0 =A0 1) "Word cannot save or create this file. =A0The disk may be full=
 or
> write-protected. Try one of the following: Free more memory. Make sure
> that the disk you want to save the file on is not full, write-
> protected, or damaged."
> =A0 =A0 2) "Word is unable to save the Autorecover file in the location
> you have specified, Make sure that you have specified a valid location
> for Autorecover files in Preferences, and that you have permission to
> write files to the location you specified."
> =A0 =A0 I would appreciate advice on this problem. I actually called
> Microsoft about it; apparently received less-than-correct answers.
> Thank you in advance.
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0- Mark Pavlick

0
Mark

Visual Studio C++ 2005 debug Build Errors
Hi, I am working on an application that was created a few years ago(vc6.0). I'm starting to migrate it using Visual Studio2005. I tried to BUILD the project in debug mode, the following errors happened(in release mode compiled sucessfully): ********************************************************* error C2365: 'new' : redefinition; previous definition was a 'member function' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\xdebug 32 error C2491: 'new' : definition of dllimport data not allowed c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\xdebug...

Printing WORD docs from a form

Startup Error Message
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA6555.2F379DC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I recently installed a new HDD and then installed WinXP Pro. Now when I boot/reboot the machine I get this error message: http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2173/dynamicenergysaver.jpg Never seen it before, don't know what it's referring to or how to fix = it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA6555.2F379DC0 Content-Type: text/html; charse...

Duplicate messages #2
I have an exchange 5.5 server, In a couple of instances we have experienced the same message delivered multiple times to the same recipients. Has this come up before for anyone else and if so what is the workaround? Thanks ...

HTML_CONTROL ERROR
I have an excel file with multiple sheets When I try to make a copy of a worksheet I get an error message "HTML_CONTROL already exists on the destination sheet" I've no idea how I caused this, but it sure is annoying Can anyone help" Thanks ...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...

microsoft visual C++ runtime library error #2
Every time i try to open Outlook2002 i get the following error window which is titled "Microsoft visual C++ runtime library": Runtime Error! Program C:\program files\microsoft office\office10\outlook.exe The application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. I would appreciate ANY IDEAS on this.... Thanks Can someone please help me out? Even if its a link to where this has been answered previously. i have searched but found nothing.... thank-you antonio >-----Original Message----- >Every time i try to open Outlook2002 i get the following >error w...

ERROR in Paybles
i got this error when i am trying to edit in saved payables transaction : Unable to save to the batch activity table,you will not be able to use this batch Any help will be appriciated Thanks Peter Peter, First step log out of GP, then try again. If error continues you will need all Users out of GP and run the following statement in SQL: USE DYNAMICS DELETE SY00800 This will clear out any left over locks. Cheers, Mick "Peter" wrote: > i got this error when i am trying to edit in saved payables transaction : > Unable to save to the batch activ...

error in opening tif attachments
when attempting to open a tif format attachment sent to my outlook email, it is being opened in word and the document is no longer readable. Need help in correcting this problem ...

Reading Pane for Draft Messages
I am unable to turn on the Reading Pane for messages in the Drafts folder for Outlook 2003. (This worked fine with prior versions of Outlook.) Any suggestions?? Thanks, Gerry This is by design. Search the help file for 'reading pane' and check the first link >> "The Reading Pane is not available for the Drafts folder." "Gerry" <gwb@professorbeyer.com> wrote in message news:<0d4e01c3a2f1$2429e7d0$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > I am unable to turn on the Reading Pane for messages in > the Drafts folder for Outlook 2003. (This worked fine >...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

At Windows Logon a message...
Stating that the user has one unread e-mail occurs. I recently deleted one user from the system and deleted one account of mine to add another. At the time I deleted them I didn't think any were unread. How do I get rid of this message. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Muddle asked: | Stating that the user has one unread e-mail occurs. | I recentl...

Encoded Word Documents

message disappears too fast; how can I see it?
Outlook 2002, SP3. I've noticed when I exit the program, as it is closing, it puts up a rectangular message box (after the main window has closed), then closes it immediately. It takes just a fraction of a second, just long enough for me to see there's something there, but not long enough to see what! If you have any idea what this could be, or how I could slow it down so I could see it, let me know. The program seems to operate correctly in every other respect, I just don't know what that blazing fast message box is trying to say. thx, Randy Randy Nevin wrote: > Out...

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

VBA Macro Error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hello, I�m running in a pretty bad problem: If I write in MSOffice 2008 a number followed by a letter like "5a" on a new line I get an error "This command is not available in this Version of Microsoft Word" It seems that word want�s to make a lookup for a VBA script - which is not supported anymore, so in panic they write the message on the screen. But instead I really want to write only 5a. Is there a button to switch of those interpretations? It was not an issue with 2004 and not on windows. Any...

Where are my saved word?

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Endless scrolling error
HI: I've encountered this at several GP v9 installations and my present users want to know what's up. Example: Click the spyglass to bring up let's say the vendor list to select a vendor. Start scrolling with the mouse scroll wheel and all of a sudden it automatically scrolls uncontrollably to the bottom of the list. You can't stop it. It just keeps scrolling and if the list is long enough you may as well go for a coffee break. Any ideas please?? Thanks GP Guy, I seem to recall someone mentioning this being an issue in V9.0 at some point. However, I am not sure i...

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line