Word document format marks

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

How do I hide format marks in my Word documents. Docs show paragraph marks, tab marks, etc. They do not print when I print the document. One day I was typing and accidentally hit a key or key combo and there they were.
0
DrJ117

You can simply click on the �-icon in the Standard toolbar (it looks
like an inverted "P"), or, if you prefer using the keyboard, hit Cmd+8.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP (Macintosh)

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***
0
Michel
3/30/2010 2:38:50 PM
OMG, you are so awesome, thanks!!! Worked like a charm!! Totally made my day!!!
0
DrJ117

Inserting a PDF into a Publisher document
I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my pages within the booklet. If I copy and paste it only leaves a blank square. Help! Try inserting it as an Object. -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Kelly Edwards" <KellyEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64D1BC77-CE3F-4D3D-BC93-C168FE9DA2AA@microsoft.com... |I have a PDF that I would like to insert into a booklet I am making in | Publisher. Is that possible? I just want it to take up one of my ...

conditional formating #6
Hello, I am trying to figure out how to set the color shading of one cell based on another cell. so I want to set B1 to green if H1 is 0. but the conditional formating looks like it works on 1 cell. any help. thanks One way: Set the dropdown(s) and inputbox(es) to read: CF1: Formula is =H1=0 Format1: <patterns>/<green> In article <Oj4h4JAYGHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, "bp" <x@y.com> wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to set the color shading of one cell based on > another cell. > so I want to set B1 to green if H1 is 0....

Formatting Lost in Excel 2007
Good afternoon, I've spent a lot of time googling but all I really came up with is that it may be due to links (which I have deleted) so hopefully someone out there will have an answer. We have a very large workbook that has been used since before 2005 that we have never had a problem with. Two months ago, we started using Excel 2007 but had no issues. In about mid-April when opening the file, all of the formatting is gone! So we assumed someone saved it as the wrong file so we copied an older version of the file and reformatted the entire thing. Saved it and reopened and no f...

Printing WORD docs from a form

Date To Text
Hello All, It sounds like a simple thing, but I am having a nightmare trying to find an easy way to take a formated date field and put it into a Text field in the same format. For example the date format shows 01/05/2003 if I paste that into a Text field then I just get the date serial number. If I use a macro like : day(a1)&"/"&month(a1)&"/"&year(a1) then I get 1/5/2003 Any ideas on how to get 01/05/2003 in the text field? Many thanks in advance. Best Regards, Derek =TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yyyy") -- HTH Bob Phillips "Derek Timothy" ...

Documentation for HTML Format, Syntax for AutoSize
An Excel file can be stored as HTML. Two questions... [1] Does anybody know whether the format is documented somewhere? [2] Is it possible to specify an autosize for a column? -- Michael G. Schneider MTLookup http://www.mtlookup.com Movable Type Weblog http://www.movable-type-weblog.com/ ...

APP for dynamic format change TEST
I want to add dynamic format change function to our UVC camera. I got some code in amcap sample program. I called IAMStreamConfig::SetFormat. But it returned VFW_E_WRONG_STATE. Would you know any sample programs in windows SDK, etc for test of dynamic format change ? Thank you for your help, Regards shinji ...

hiding cells with a certian type of formatting
How do I get excel to hide cells that has not been formatted in a row or colum that I applied a format condition to.? just for clarification...do you want the entire cell row or column to b hidden, or do you want the text color of the contents of just that cel to be changed to WHITE or whatever color would hide it given its fil color -- Excel_Gee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Excel_Geek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2642 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39828 ...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel It's been over three months since I first asked this question and still no response from Microsoft. I'll try again. <br><br>When I try to use Document Connection to connect to my Office Live Workspace using my Windows Live ID, Document Connection does nothing. The gear just spins and I do not receive a message of any type indicating any problem. I can use my Office Live Workspace via Safari just fine. Why doesn't Document Connection work? Well, whatever the problem was, it was fixed wit...

Encoded Word Documents

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Basic Question on Creating XML documents
Hello: I am learning XML technology. I have a question on creating an XML document that conforms to a DTD/XSD. While there is a function that I can call to make sure that the XML document is valid, I would like to know how I can create it. Do I have to understand the DTD/XSD and code my module so that the XML document is valid? Or, are there tools available to do this? What if the data is in SQL Server but I have to create an XML rendition of the data that conforms to a DTD/XSD? Thanks. venki vvenk wrote: > Hello: > > I am learning XML technology. I have a question on cr...

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Excel documents not displayed when excel is opened
When I open excel and select file and open documents that I've saved are not displayed, however if I go into my most recent documents these documents are displayed. Why are they not being displayed in excel vs. my most recent documents? -- rabhatty Depending on how you opened the file and the version of excel, not every file that you worked on appears at the bottom of the File dropdown (in the Most Recently Used file list). Files that are opened by doubleclicking in windows explorer under xl2k (IIRC) won't appear. (xl2002 (I think) changed this behavior.) You may want to post ...

Format of date in my code
I have a subform with a date called txtmontha with a format mmmm/yyyy There is also a command button that when clicked should open another subform which has a date txtmonthlabela, also format as mmm/yyyy. The command button should open the sub form for all records when the value of txtmontha and txtmonthlabela are the same. However when I click on the command button although the form opens I get a prompt box asking me for the value of txtmonthlabela. If I cancel the prompt box the form opens with a number of records shown in the record selector box at the foot of the form but no ...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...