Word and printer

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I can print from all the native software from MAC on my Macbook Pro, but Word keeps telling me there is no connection to the printer. <br><br>How can I draw its attention to the printer?
0
Derrick

All Word knows about printer availability is what OS X tells it :-)

I'd start by confirming that Office, OS X & the printer driver [check the
mfr's site] are fully updated, then run Disk Utility - Repair Disk
Permissions & restart the Mac. Also, confirm that the correct printer &
'Standard' Preset are selected in the Print dialog.

If you continue to have a problem reply here with details.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/5/10 8:05 AM, in article 59bb9698.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Derrick@officeformac.com" <Derrick@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I can print from all the native software from MAC on my Macbook Pro, but Word
> keeps telling me there is no connection to the printer.
>
> How can I draw its attention to the printer?

0
CyberTaz

Printing WORD docs from a form

Printer Ink
Publisher buddies, I have a Combo-pack of 45 and 78 HP ink that I have no use for. Never opened. If you have a use for the pack, send me a note and maybe can work out a way to get it to you. Please, USA folks only. First note that gets here gets preference. dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com Put HP printer ink in the Subject line to help prevent me from block your note as spam. -- Don Vancouver, USA Don Schmidt wrote: > Publisher buddies, > > I have a Combo-pack of 45 and 78 HP ink that I have no use for. Never > opened. > > If you have a use for the pack, send...

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

Vista hides Printer button of CPageSetupDialog
Vista hides Printer button of CPageSetupDialog. Under XP, all is correct. What is the reason of that? Is there a hint? Thank you in advance Pierre Couderc ...

Default Printer-Wrong Printer
Is there a way to change the printer automatically on a per application basis. Our default printer is a HP LJ 6, However 2 users also need to have access to another printer (check printer). When they are in Great Plains they will only be printing to check printer. They keep forgetting to change it from file/print and printing on the wrong printer. Also I do not need to change the default printer(hplj6) this most stay as is. Is there a regkey i can invoke or script to launch when they start GreatPlains they will change the printer to checkprinter. Now when ever they reboot and sta...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...

microsoft word
is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has an example at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord It's a way of copying comments in a worksheet to a word document. But you can see the structure nicely. head wrote: > > is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Word conversion
I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste t Excel, all the items are in one cell. Is there a way to paste the item into Excel into different columns? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use Data | Text to Columns | Delimited and choose a space as the delimiter. Just follow the dialogue. Regards Trevor "mrroboto >" <<mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste to > Excel, all the ite...

Use Word 2007 to edit Outlook 2003?
I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would like to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's Tools/Options/Mail Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option for Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003. Is there a way to use Word as my email editor? Thanks, tfall No. Version must match. It has been ever thus. -- Russ Valentine "tfall" <tfall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58F9CAE-086B-4B7...

Printer wants an eighth inch bleed.
I just tried to set it up following the help wizard's advice and it wants to give me 1/4" bleed to the right and to the bottom as opposed to giving the 1/8" bleed all around. Advice? TIA BG Never mind. It did set it up with the 1/8". I just saw it as I scanned through the pages of the catalog. "BG" <bgnospaaam@brightnospaaam.net> wrote in message news:esapDyVbDHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I just tried to set it up following the help wizard's advice and it wants to > give me 1/4" bleed to the right and to the bottom as opposed to g...

Microsoft Word Question
Hi all, I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone could tell me which group I should post in? On my desktop Computer with Microsoft XP Home, I have the Microsoft Office 2007 suite, In word 2007 from it, I cannot find how to "select all" as I used to be able to do in earlier Word versions. Would anyone be able to help please? Mick Cant. "Mick Cant" <mrcycleuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:JfqdnRfHApyrTBDUnZ2dnUVZ8tqdnZ2d@brightview.com... > Hi all, > I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone cou...

Word 2007 error 01-13-10
We hvae offfcie 2007 professional installed, user's getting the following erro when launch word 2007, If I re-create the windows user profile it works fine. Is any easire workaround for this. Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error '429'; ActiveX component can't create object This is usually the result of a broken add-in or a corrupted Normal.dotm template -- see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828550 for background. First, with Word closed down, go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates and rename Normal.dotm to OldNormal.dotm. Restart Word, which will create a new...